AA thread September 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA thread September 2013

I thought I'd kick this thread back to the top of the heap. Last night's BB meeting was a story from the way back of the book...the lowest bottom drunks of all. While it was an extreme, I could still identify. There's a guy at one of my meetings that says we always must identify & not compare. When I was on my way to a relapse last summer, that's what I did...I compared. I said: "I'm not as bad as he/she is...maybe I'm not an alcoholic after all." Bad thinking indeed. So, I'm continuing to feel strong in my program & am grateful for everyone there & here at MWO. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

AA thread September 2013

who's still kickin?
      mary, we almost have a year!!! :goodjob:

just wanted to say hi to all...life is good because I am sober today! :H

peace!
      10-06-2012

Comment

AA thread September 2013

I do have almost year. I'm going to say a few words next Friday & pick up my medallion (God willing). I want people to know that you can come back from a relapse & get sober. My resolve is as strong (or stronger) than ever to live a sober life style.
        October 3, 2012

Comment

AA thread September 2013

yes, spread the word. you and I are both "products" of relapses...as most who try to get sober are. :l

have a great day all...im going to a 90 minute meeting tonite...been at some really great meetings lately. emotional and real...I like that in a meeting.

:h
          10-06-2012

Comment

AA thread September 2013

BG: Last night's meeting was just that: emotional & real. Where do you sit in a room of people & have that kind of feeling? I can't think of a single place. One of my closest friends (someone I came into the program with) got his 4 year medallion last night. It was extremely emotional, as he is battling advanced cancer.

We read a story out of the BB last night. One of the points in the story I most identified with is what she said about going to the doctor. When the doc asked how much she drank, she said she was currently on the wagon. I remember going to a counselor once about my phobias...particularly of driving. I "omitted" any info about my drinking. I've since heard that when you tell the doc you have 2 - 3 drinks per day, he/she usually multiplies that by 2 - 3. It's very nice that now when I fill out doctor questionaires, I don't have to lie. I can just check the box that says: "Don't drink."

Mary
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
            X