Ladies on a Mission: The Official Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to work for me. At least I had a laugh this morning.
    J-vo please forgive yourself.
    I am honestly having the best time of my life af. People like to be around me again, I am comfortable in my own skin, and I am able to make a difference in other's lives who really need me. These things are my positives. A poisonous substance in a bottle cannot compare.
    My daughter's 22nd birthday with her brand new boyfriend. We took them to New Orleans to ride a paddle boat then on to the french quarter. I got falling down drunk. So embarrassing for both of us. When I think about drinking, I remember that incident and well the urge is not so strong. Then, well I have more of those memories so the urge is gone and I am grateful for NOT drinking.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Hi ladies,ugh that superbowl was boring,even the commercials sucked,but i agree Bruno was awesome and the red hot chili peppers rocked! that was a cool show,NS,you are right if i feel like that its crucial to come on here,i have 3 threads full of friends i can count on,but sometimes in the heat of the moment i dont want to be talked out of it,i will call hubs he says"have a couple,buy me some"its just mind games with myself,p.m.s is coming up shortly,i always struggle but im definitely coming on here during the dirty thinking times,hugs to all,and thank you
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi ladies!

I am having computer issues and trouble reading/ replying to posts but really wanted to congratulate Daisy on seven big days!!! That is awesome and we are so proud of you. You got a mooning over in the roll call thread! I had to type it from my phone and was unable to use colorful fonts and all, but the congrats are just as big! We all love you Daisy and are so proud of you!!!
        Will catch up with everyone else later when my computer gets fixed.
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

HI Girls,
          Just wanted you to know I haven't taken the bridge and will be on to post more later. I have a meeting form 3-5 after work today, so an extra long day. Thank you for all of your kind words and support. I need to get my head wrapped around this. Surrender.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hello ladies,
            I am on line most every evening so if anyone needs support or just want to talk PM me and I will jump to help...just talking through the urge can be a big help...posting here for me was a tremendous help and has gotten me this far...
            Off to run errands before the next big snow storm..I am so ready for spring already....
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Checking in - crazy month, will be checking in as possible - performance appraisal time of year...
              Feeling strong and committed, so hoping that this lasts as it feels good.....
              I have taken so much from this site, I am so looking forward to being in a position to give back...If I can ever help any of the LOAMers, I will be sp happy too - and its not always great advice needed - just company as we work out the right thing to do, which we all know the right thing, but some validation goes a long way doesn't it!
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Congratulations on 7 days, Daisy. Now there is no day of the week that you "always drink". Just keep on going... You'll never regret it.

I had my mammo today and got the results back, which thankfully were fine. The data concerning the risk of breast cancer increasing with alcohol intake (especially at anything over "acceptable" - which means LOW - levels) are quite strong. Just another good reason for us to quit .

Comment

Thank you all for the congrats and for helping pull me through this first week. So glad it included PMS and a weekend and a drinks party - leaves me feeling that little bit stronger for what is ahead. I feel great; exercise is very important for me - the 'wine belly' is getting a beating at the gym and I will start swimming this week.
                  This group is just great!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hello loamers

God i am so loving sleeping now, finally after 9 weeks my body just closes its eyes and sleeps. I wake up with no headaches and no hangovers, life is great.

Damn Melbourne weather, 35 at 10am yesterday and then 21 by lunch and now its cold. so dragging out the cardigan for work.

Feeling not mad this morning so that is good, had a lot of thinking to do last night and sat and chatted to my boys about stuff, they are such a support to me on this journey.

Holiday plans in full swing, the only thing missing is money! Time to pull in the purse strings and start next pay.

Glad everyone is doing well, im feeling exhausted emotionally so a short post and appreciate this fact girls as wont last for long.

Have a great night and love you all. Rox you still here?

xxx
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Gals,
                      I am sure I posted this am but I can't find my post!
                      It was the Best post ever, very insightful and full of really good tips. Really long too.

Ok, maybe not...but I lost my post anyway

You girls sound great! Way to go Daisy Darling!
                      Ava, I can't believe the difference in the temps where you and I are. It is absoloutely nuts!
                      We are at -20C and this whole week is Farkin Freezing. As you would say!

No probs though. I still walk to work and today did some circuit training at lunch time. That was good. My abs are as hard as rock LOL! As hard as 50 year old abs covered in fat get anyway.

Not drinking here but am having thoughts of trying to moderate. WTF? Why would I want to try that again. I am going to get that out of my head right now!
                      Just push those thoughts out and think of my life AF, which is awesome.

You are sounding good SL! I am glad.
                      Hi Pav, Humble, NS, Dottie, all you beauties.

Hugs,
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I am so glad I finally found this thread! I am so incredibly hungry right now that I can't even think….waiting for my dinner to be ready….once properly satiated with a nutritious meal, I will be back…….
                        I just won't anymore

Comment

Hi, Jennie

Nice to see you here.

xx NS

Comment

Hi Jennie!!! We joined together way back when - and here I am still plodding along....How are you doing?
                            Narilly - kick those thoughts to the back of beyond, then one more kick for sure!
                            Daisy - a week, so very happy for you!!
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi Lovelies,
                              Glad I took notes at lunch today, as it helps me to respond more easily without having to keep looking back at the last 5 pages. So, no surprise that I wasn't feeling my best, myself today. The pattern I'm revealing is my normal dangerous pattern. Start off strong and determined, slip here, slip there, then fall down on my face, hard. But this is where I'm going to break the old pattern. I am surrendering and taking the opportunity now. I am putting away my boxing gloves. I'm sitting with my tough feelings while I deep breath, make calls, and just be with these emotions. Alcohol is poison to my system, I know that. It makes me feel freaking ugly, depressed, bloated, forgetful, angry, trapped. I will not kill myself with the same pattern that put me in that depressing state.

From One Crafty Mother - she said "You can't think your way out of this feeling." Well, FFS, that's a relief. I think 24/7 nonstop. It's nice to know that I don't have to think about getting away from a feeling, that I can just sit with it. I'm not going to try and push it away. That would require fighting. I may give it the finger, real nice like, with a smug-ass smile. I will be honest and call or post. I'm preparing my husband with a few phone numbers if I lose my mind and try to beat him up, he'll be calling a few people for me to to talk to if I don't have the sense to do it, but I'm trusting myself this time that i can take the responsibility and do it myself.

Pauly, from what I read, the urge may be there, and when you least expect it. Read that "One Crafty Mother" that NS posted. Sit with that feeling. Don't fight it. Ask for help.

Acadia, whatever is brewing, I hope you can talk these feelings out with someone, your sponsor, come here and post, and tell us. As I did not do, use this thread as one of your tools. That's what it's here for. I'm learning that.

NS, attitude of gratitude, Humble's from negative restraint to positive desire is spot on. And I wanna be a Polyanna if it works. Paying attention to each day's gifts, doing acts of kindness, knowing that each day I walk on this earth is something special. I want it. From the bottom of my heart, I want that. To be conscience each day, keeping the good things in the front of my mind. Perhaps I"ll write a gratitude list I can refer to each morning, along with a few short meditations. I can get up a few minutes earlier, and I can do this at lunch time. Those are the good habits I need to create.

Ava, I'm so glad you're not angry today and that you're sleeping like a baby. Can you move over a little, you take up so much space! And I'm especially happy for you that you didn't think of drinking when you were having those feelings. You are so supportive here at MWO.

SL, I agree to being focused and honest on this thread. It should be key for all of us here. I need you girls. I hope you get through your busy season with your gratitude. Think of your beautiful girls, and a job you love. And FFS, you live in beautiful Cali. Hmm. Pretty. I'd love to go there someday. When you were talking about change, that we can all change, you know what came into my head? Did you see Rocky IV with the Russian guy? At the end of the fight, Rocky is screaming into the mike, "If I can change, you can change, we can all change!" lol. Just made me think of that. Thanks for all you helpful posts. I can feel your determination and strong commitment. You are giving back in valuable ways.

Miley, good choice to stay home instead of going to party. No need to put yourself in a situation when you're not ready. Wonderful to have the support of your husband. After all the shit I've done over the years, the fights due to alcohol, my husband is still not "getting" the fact that I should never, ever drink, and I guess I'm not either. I have lots to work to do.

Nar, I do have the opportunity to make my life what I want. Thank you for reminding me today, as I'm really feeling down. I'm gonna go to sleep super early, and hopefully wake and look over a gratitude list and do some deep breathing. Keep holding my hand.

Pav, on the mental relapse...Signs on emotional relapse, I've had several of those in the past week. anxiety (that's a daily thing for me that starts mid morning and increases as my day goes on), intolerance, anger. defensiveness (when talking with folks on some childhood issues) mood swings, not asking for help, and I'll add mine own...not having gratitude for daily gifts. I'm giving up the fight, Pav, and when needed, I"m gonna fake it until I make it after I make that call. Thank you.

LB, it's so great to hear that you're having the best AF time of your life. Being comfortable in your own skin, making differences in others. Wow, All the best things in life are free.

Daisy, congrats on your 7!

Dottie, Star, Pauly, Sweetpea, Acadia, Rivergal, Rollergirl, Patrice, and all beautiful loamers, have a great night.
                              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

I had a nice balanced meal and am feeling really good having just finished a nice cozy mug of chamomile tea
                                I did everything right and good today ?.. tomorrow I will do the same.
                                My biggest issue right now is managing stress?..so at lunch i popped over to my gym and swam 40 laps. That was awesome?being in silent water, breathing deeply, moving my body is so wonderful?.if only that chlorine wasn't so stinky!!! and it wreaks havoc on my hair but today it was so worth it.
                                Now I am going to slip into my PJs and do some yoga stretches and then off to early bed for me.
                                So for today, I did not drink. I feel so good about it and I am calm and sleepy in a very healthy way.
                                Bring on tomorrow!!!!!
                                sweet dreams all
                                Jennie
                                I just won't anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X