Sunday 13th Jly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday 13th Jly

mae all ..was supposed to be out today but not so..its hammering down with rain!tomorrow and Tuesday will def be out early so may just be a quick hi n bye..was at a 60th birthday party last night..and one of my mates whom I havent seen for many many years was there with his wife..she was completely off her face on booze..to the extent 4 or 5 women collared her and told her to behave!!so whats been hapning here?seem to be a lotta blues going on...we shall see.

hiya Lav...how are you today?was playing in the garden yesterday..where are you up to with yours?did you get the weeds shifted?where the mice had tunnelled up the side of my grass...Ive filled it (the tunnel) with wire wool..apparently they cant chew through that..we will find out..all the next meals we have will be with veggies from our garden.
    brew time ...and you ma'am?

hiya ppqp ...hows you this fine day?did you get any work done yesterday?even though its raining the temps are still high....at 1 am in my car this morning the temp read 16!!now theres a word thats taken over hasnt it?selfie!! reading your post ..the phrase "its a small world"always reminds me of the ride in disney world Florida...anyone else been on it?here you go ..brew for you too.

hiya tt.........Firstly ..dont apologise.....thats what we are here for!!to talk things thru....even if you dont get an answer ..its better to talk!!sometimes we just need a kick up the bum to get us going ..other times its takes a different trigger..and thats the key..keep trying to find that trigger..I suffer with downers too..Julie knows exactly how and when it happens,but when it does..really it is down to us as individuals to get out of it..theres a lotta truth in the saying "laugh and the world laughs with you..cry and youre on your own!so here you go for starters....:H..and yes time does sort it..but why waste that extra time being miserable ..when a little push will speed it up !so heres your little push!

hiya Sam ..best of luck with the bees..will the copperhead cure my mice problem?..glad market was good for you.

hiya SL...hows you today?reading your post.. "love to get back to being more normal"..the little things making you teary, ....totally thought about getting some wine, felt that I had deserved it

but then..
    I will not drink. It was relatively easy,

ok here you go..I think you have done exceptionally well..I also think that you think that you have done well..but are worried because you have done so well and are looking for what ifs.....there arent any ..you make your own rules as you move on.Yes sometimes the pull is strong ..but dont forget ..you are trying to undo "a few" (see how politically correct that was!!) years of over indulgence.excessive use/ abuse of al...so in the grand scheme 5 months isnt a lot.
    As for the holiday ..whats the worry?break it down ..look at the issues and think of alternatives..you dont have to go over the mountain ..go round it!!happy to help you with that one..not on a public forum if you want...most of all believe in yourself..I went to that party last night..there were a few of us there all ex forces. all Scottish all served together all drank (heavily )in an accepted culture..not once last night did I think ..wish I had a scotch or a beer..in fact one of them actually said..I didnt realise you could have so much of a laugh without booze!!....nuff said ...you know where I am

Pauly ...where are you hidin too?Det hope weekend has been good for you...right folks ...off we go ..have a good one.

What gets bigger every time I see my wife?

My wife.

diet tip for today.........use superglue as lip gloss

My English teacher told me that it's impossible to take two completely different words out of context and use them to create a coherent sentence.

Wheel sea.

Why did my wife cross the road?

To get back to the first shoe shop we went in three f.cking hours ago.

I love my wife, she always gives me 100% sound advice.

99% sound, 1% advice.

What's the difference between Brazil and Oscar Pistorious?

Oscar Pistorious has a better defence and more shots on target.

I enjoyed my 1st time ever bobbing up and down in the sea today.

Its been my dream ever since I was a little buoy. (for those over the pod ..we pronounce it boy ..not booey )

Anyone saying "Love is more important than money" have clearly never tried paying off a loanshark with a hug.

What's the difference between a vicious rottweiler and Piers Morgan?

A couple of millimeters, hopefully.

What's the best thing to do when you keep getting the message 'Webpage not available'

Probably get a life.

My dad was a complete git when I was a kid.

I remember him saying, "Dave, you're not leaving this table until you've eaten everything on your plate!"

I still don't know how I managed to swallow that knife & fork.

tried to put some pics up ..but tinypic download isnt working at the mo so will try later
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Sunday 13th Jly

Morning Mick....

Comment

Sunday 13th Jly

Good morning Abbers

Happy Sunday to one & all!
      Thanks for the coffee Mick - on my second cup here
      The garden has been busy producing lots & lots of veggies. I put a picture of my grandson holding two large heads of cauliflower yesterday. I roasted one for dinner last night - yum. I have a big bag of green beans in my fridge, lots of cucumbers. The tomatoes & green peppers are starting to ripen as well. I'm packing up a bag of veggies to take to my daughter today. We are meeting her at a car show later this morning & for lunch. We had some early rain this morning but now it's just back to being hot & humid.

TT, sorry you are feeling low. I do continue to take an OTC combination product (Amoryn) to help keep my mood steady That with some dedicated time to work on my spiritual/emotional/physical self helps keep me moving smoothly. I hope you can grab onto something that works for you very soon.

Greetings PQ hiding in the AC

SL, your girls looked like they were enjoying their pool time while you slaved away - good for them!

Greetings to Pauly, Det, Sam, SF & everyone stopping by today.
      I need to get going - now!!
      Have a great AF Sunday everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sunday 13th Jly

Morning all!!
        Friday 13th came on a Sunday this month, boy were we lucky! Feels like it going to be another hot one today. Gotta make sure I take my water for this cut out.

Just a quick stop in here... keeps me honest you know, very grateful to all of you here. Got to start getting stuff gathered to get these *!*%!! bees. Will check in later
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sunday 13th Jly

Hi all - nice day so far - no alarm, just the morning work check in at 9am, and never sleep that late.
          Tea and book in bed, girls still sleeping - Sunday shower (get a bit longer on Sundays to do some of the needed stuff:H), found a new farmers market - Sam - there was a mushroom man!! Yeah! Shrooms! and eggs, and fresh fish and all sorts - spent too much money, but so happy to have found this one.
          Done a few jobs, one girl up, breakfasted and in bath - other still sleeping at 2:30pm - she must need it!
          Checking in.
          Mick, looks like a good time at the party - you speak some truths as always to me - will be pondering the thought about it feeling almost too easy - that is making some sense.
          Lav - you have mentioned amoryn a few times, and I have looked it up, may just take the plunge, need some mood steadying - just found out my frigging divorce is not filed yet as he has not turned over his financials, there's me thinking all would be done by year end - and nope. This is also the third time I thought I was done and I am getting so very fed up of it - do not wish to go down the (or any) rabbit hole! Switching between mad and flat, glad to have some emotions kicking in, but not mad preferably - doesn't do anything apart from bring me down
          TT - hugs, hope all ok....
          PPQ - i missed the worm as was not up early. Sorry you tried and missed it!
          Hi to all else checking in. Anyone see the big moon last night - Lav, I feel some effects of it for sure!
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Sunday 13th Jly

Mae everyone,been an arse yet again,drinkin,drinkin,nothing else to say
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sunday 13th Jly

Pauly, I'm really sorry to hear that
              Tell us - has the AL done anything to help you or the situation? Most likely not. I hope you decide to get back on the sober bus with us - we like a full bus

SL, sorry about your legal stuff. I don't have any experience in that arena - didn't have to go there myself. I hope he gets off his thumbs soon & gets things rolling.
              I am a poster child for Amoryn - fixed my mood difficulties & allowed me to become myself again!
              There's no side effects (nothing like I experienced on Lexapro). I truly do feel calm & in control - better than ever actually. Give it some thought

Has Det checked in? Did I miss him??
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sunday 13th Jly

Finally all cleaned up from doing the bee busting thing. Probably got close to 10 lbs of bees. Lots of brood and honey. I one tired cookie, sweating for a good 5 hours in a suit. Only three or four stings!!!
                I tried taking pictures but hands were too sticky, did manage a few.

SL, glad you found a shroom man! What kind does he sell?

Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sunday 13th Jly

Finally all cleaned up from doing the bee busting thing. Probably got close to 10 lbs of bees. Lots of brood and honey. I one tired cookie, sweating for a good 5 hours in a suit. Only three or four stings!!!
                  I tried taking pictures but hands were too sticky, did manage a few.

SL, glad you found a shroom man! What kind does he sell?

Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sunday 13th Jly

That sounds like hard work Sam - I got to the market a little late in the day - they mainly had portabellos left. they had some oysters, ran out of morrels :upset: There was another one that i can't recall the name, meant to write it down as I had not seen them before. I will check in with you when I get back....I really just checked out the market - had done my grocery shopping the day before - so will be back next week to really shop. He did have dried mushrooms and mushroom powder which I love for winter and I have run out...

So sorry Pauly - hope you can get back on track really soon.

Giving it soem thought Lav
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                    X