sat 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sat 19th

mae all..how are we today then?ok ...wow shortage of folks ..yesterday thought I was going to end up talking to myself...and believe me thats no fun...is it?"no it isnt"..yes it is "no it isnt :H well the weekends here so what are people up to?Im out tomorrow..getting picked up at 5 am..yes back to early sundays now....

hiya bear ..you ok?no there is no magic secret.....one day at a time....and just dont give in..dont put too much emphasis on it all ..let it happen and be firm in saying no..that is the biggie be committed.

hiya Lav..what plans have you for the weekend?apart from this big brew I am about to hand you..cant get my photobucket to work properly like yours ...whats the trick ..what am I not doing?oh yes the dust has already started.......

hiya Sam..hows the back today then?easing off?maybe time for an easy weekend mate?

hiya SL....how are you today?sorry pics wouldnt open...so you have 2 days of ..oh look weve invented a wheel next week?I used to hate them..and the money that was spent on all that bs used to amaze me..oh well.....what are your plans for the weekend anything exciting?

hiya tt...how are you?glad you popped in..sometimes we do get a bit busy ..even us folks that are retired with "nothing to do!!"and in other cases theres just nowt happening..but good to hear you are ok

lotta folks not here..anyone heard from Det?fair wee while now..so cmon the lurkers and workers jump in and say hi..my names not suarez...and I dont bite :H:H

have a great weekend.

18,000 Microsoft employees have lost their jobs.

I know this f.cking irritating little paperclip guy who can help you type up a new CV, if you're interested.

I said to a pensioner yesterday, "You shouldn't be standing at your age, have my seat."

"That's very kind of you," she replied, "but I don't know how to drive a bus."

American officials have today said they are helping with the Malaysian air crash investigation, and added, they are still unsure what a U-Crane is, but are confident they'll catch the driver.

The bell on my bike fell off, so I've attached a peashooter to warn people when I'm near.

I've decided to call it my no bell pea surprise.

After messing up the turkey for last Sunday's dinner, my wife has accused me of being a terrible cook.

"Bollocks" I replied. "You're the one who bought such a tiny toaster".

This afternoon I bumped into a woman I used to go to school with when I was 5.

My mother.

I celebrated my 20th wedding anniversary today.

20 weddings eh? Who'd have thought?

Having been with my wife for several years now I thought I had lost all the appeal and charm I used to have with the ladies, until today that is.
    At my local petrol station the girl who has served me every other day or so for several weeks asked for my number.
    I was taken aback. I explained how I was currently in a relationship but ever so flattered. I told her that not one woman had asked for my number for at least five years now and that if I was single I would definitely give it to her as it hadn't escaped me how beautiful she was. I also admitted how I often got a little jittery whenever she served me because I was fond of her too . I followed up by saying saying if ever I was single she would be first on my list and that she shouldn't feel rejected.

She replied, 'No sir, what's your PUMP number?'

I don't think my son likes me any more.

I phoned him at the orphanage and he just hung up.

I'm a pretty cheap date.

I'm Scottish, so I take them to the Salvation Army soup kitchen.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

sat 19th

Morning all!!
    here tis Saturday, getting ready to go to market and I think I'm hearing rain, hopefully just a passing shower... still getting those annoying back spasms, you're right Mick, I need to kick back a little. Hard to do when there is so much to do but by this afternoon I may not have a choice.

Bear, I have began to realize that it is the NOT drinking that worries so many of us. Once it become I enjoy myself without drinking that for me it came together. It is a major paradigm shift as it were. "I don't drink so I'm not worried about it". Of course there will be temptations but you don't drink. We all do different things to make this work, that's something that has evolved for me.

TT, glad you stuck your head in the door, hope you're doing well.

SL, up at 5, eh? What brings you out so early? Have a good weekend.

Lav, still got young uns running around? Hope Stella doesn't get jealous!

PQ, heat wave over yet? it really cooled off here the last couple days but I'm sure temps will be on the rise.

Det, where the heck are you? hope you're doing well

I see we've got 2 threads going here so I'm copying and pasting over on the other to make sure I've got all my bases covered. Everyone have a satisfying Saturday.

Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

sat 19th

thanks everyone - think we started threads at same time not sure how to delete so here it is,running really late now!!Thanks for the input - it really is one day at a time isn't it and not overthinking and just doing what I know makes me feel happier and healthier - in the long run - I think being s stress bunny(but learning how to look after myself slowly) I miss the numbing of anxiety - yet know it makes it worse so keeps me stuck in a cycle,like satsifying a cig craving - only have the craving/feel relaxed because you have the initial cig in the first place.It's also developing faith and confidence in my own decisions -something that adds to my stress at work,in personal life,everywhere.Thats why I don't share the ' I think i cant drink ever again' with peopel close to me as to them they don't see a problem,tell me that, then I use that to say 'im not that bad'.Thinking back over teens and twenties i have always drank in a destructive way.Just day to say reasons if anyone asks.

Morning all - up and at em for my day 7 - off to see friend in Northamptonshire,then having food - driving so perfect excuse.Also woke up feeling bit coldy/sicky so we'll see how that goes.It's raining today but I'm just pleased it's cooled down - was 33 in London yesterday

I finished reading ' ice and a slice' on my kindle,read in 2 days, really good insights in there.I really loved reading Caroline Knapp ' drinking, a love story' as well, there was a section in there that really related to.

Best get on with the day,need to leave in just over an hour,nor dressed,showered,eaten or had coffee as we're out of milk.

Happy AF Saturday everyone.
      one day at a time

Comment

sat 19th

Good morning Abbers

Actually there's more clouds than sunshine out there today but at least it's cooler & supposedly a dry day

The coffee is helping Mick - keep it coming!!!
        No kids on the game plan today & I certainly don't mind :H
        The boys left here in tears with their Mom last evening - they didn't want to go home!!!! I told them they had to go because they were breaking me :H
        I don't know why Photobucket is behaving for some of us & not for others - strange.

Sam, are you thinking about seeing anyone about your back? Sounds like a week or ten days on a muscle relaxant might be in order. Take care of yourself. Let me know if you need Stella to make a house call - she can be there in a few hours

bear, most of my fear of quitting was worrying about handling my anxiety too. That turned out to be not as big of a problem as I thought it would be. I have done just fine using new tools like hypnosis, meditation, mindfulness & a few natural herbal products as well. Get your arsenal together & keep it close Enjoy your day!

Greetings to everyone & I hope we all have a great AF Saturday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

sat 19th

MAE ALL...

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday is was one of those days. We have a casting crew renting space for commercial auditions and it's been a flurry of people.

Bit of a reprieve with the heat wave but only for a day or two.

Back from a great visit with Dad. Out for a long walk till the winds picked up and he wanted to go in.

Sounds like those checking in are doing good and hope all the MIA's are the same.

Off to my brothers for lunch, will check in again.......PPQP

Comment

sat 19th

Hi all - sitting under a walnut tree at the ranch - girls having their riding lesson, and I have done my 5.5 mile walk! Life is good. Hormones back in balanced (for now) so I am back to being happy again!
            Went out last night to a local shopping centre who does a Friday evening each month in summer -girls left me to do dome teenage girl pack hunting, and I listened to live music. I missed sipping a glass of wine, lovely evening with good music - but it would not have been A glass of wine - so today I am good with my choice!
            Tomorrow I think we will head up to the state fair in Sacramento - not too hot, so should be nice day!
            Sam - Wednesday senior management has to go off site for a meeting 8am to 5pm to define our companies culture - it is a good 2hrs away - and exactly to sort of event that would drive me to drink! Huge sigh - goodness knows why we don't know what our culture is! :upset::upset: I am in call. I am sure the leader will ask why I can't dump call on someone else and I will have to bite my tongue about what that would look like for 'our' culture - but if I do that my boss will ask for an time to give me 'feedback' so will just keep my mouth shut :H
            TT - thanks for dropping in, good to 'see' you.
            Doing this on phone, so looks like a long one, but once I push sent it will be a little one!
            Hi Lav and Bear!
            Read this last night - Article: Going Public With Alcoholism?|?Fran Moreland Johns
            See you all later
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

sat 19th

X post PPQ - :l:l Glad you are having a good day
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
              X