SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

Morning all ? well since there were two threads yesterday and its Sunday here I thought I should start the Sunday one off.
    Its very cold and wet here and we are expecting some snow today. So far its just been rain so I hope the weather clears and I can go for a walk today. Its my Sunday ritual.

Thanks for the personal messages this last week. I really appreciated these. I have to take the warning signs of depression seriously as in the past it has been very crippling and life threatening for me (as it is for so many). Its not just a mood disorder and I know when its different from feeling down/blah/flat ? for me at least. My family was loving and supportive without being demanding. But I got on with work and think I will be OK.

As for your anxiety Bear ? of course being AF makes a huge difference I am sure. I don?t have crippling anxiety like some people have but I was more anxious when I was drinking/trying to quit or stopping and starting in the past. I have also seen how some of the newer prescription meds have really helped folk with anxiety. Diet seems to also be important ? cutting way back on sugars/caffeine and eating more wholefoods and eating regularly. Hope your weekend goes well with the wee trip.

How?s the back Sam? Sounds like you need to rest. How's your bees?

I was thinking SL that you have done so well in staying AF but also in your attitude to it all. I recall your posts a few years back. You also post when you get those cravings and niggles and I hope that's helped ? seems to have done so.

Lav ? you send little boys away in tears!!:H What do you do to them? Well they must have had a very happy stay.

Mick ? I recall that you used to watch the Amish TV series. I watched a DVD on the telly here last week ? its about a closed fundamental Xn community in NZ called Gloriavale (also known as the Cooperites). Very strict especially with the gender roles. And dodgy goings-on with the previous leader and sexual abuse (that's not mentioned in the film but there is a book about it).

PPQP ? how?s the heat wave? I can imagine the temps get really high and its hot and dry where you are. Not here. I might need my Canadian jacket today!

Pauly ? hope you have quit the binge and are back to being AF.

Patrice ? great on the sober holiday and good luck with the rest of the weeks ? entertaining the young man. We finish school holidays in NZ today ? this was only a 2 week term break.

OK ? will wait to see if Det shows up. And SF seems busy and happy.

Have a great AF Sunday all.

SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

quick jump in folks....i is 4.45 am ..and on the road in a minute....tt glad to see things are better now with you :l

secondly...my maths aint that smart so I checked and.....

From and including: Friday, February 21, 2014
    To and including: Sunday, July 20, 2014

Result: 150 days
    It is 150 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 5 months including the end date

so that means..ta daa....

well done SL .......BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE :applaud:

hiya to all ..now off to Lincoln..see ya
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

Hello all! It's nurdl, working under the alias of nurd1 and without my adorable pink convertible to navigate about here. Things seem a bit wonky. I've been trying to log in for several days with no assistance from the powers that be so I registered again. Hope all is well and I'll be checking back in later on today. Missed you. Loads to tell and much support needed. Wish me luck that I don't need to become nurdl2, 3, or 4 before we get to reconnect. xoxo

Comment

SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

Welcome back Nurdl:welcome:
        The site is indeed very wonky these days - there was a recent onslaught of spamming and now it seems there are periods when its very hard to log on. Don't expect any help from the moderators or administrators. You are definitely back in self-help territory but thats fine as it seems to support us here on this thread.
        So what have you been up to? Enjoying the sober life still?
        Can't wait to hear.

And congrats SL - great great great!!!:clapclap::clapclap::clapclap:

Comment

SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

morning all,well done SL,150 days amazing job!

TT - hope you start to feel on the up soon,good you have support in 'real' life as well.

Nurdl - welcome back!

Morning Mick - up at 445 on a Sunday?I was impressed I was awake at 8.15!

Off to roller derby today - just doing warm up,need scan next week for stomach probs and can't risk being injured and it being delayed. Finding it hard to get back into it, due to injury and just not attending I've moved from top group,to bottom group in terms of skill level.

I question if I still enjoy it/feels cliquey sometimes,team lot 'younger' now and there is a lot more emphasis on going out and getting pissed as 'team bonding' and also low level bitchy comments.
          I'm feeling demotivated and not sure - yet sometimes I love it, it takes such a huge chunk of time per week - 2 evenings(4 hours including travel) to do well plus one Sunday.

I had decided to go when I wanted/didn't have other weekend commitments, but that means I'm ' half in' not progressing as much as I could and also feeling on the outside of the group.Tricky!
          I did this originally to make new friends/get fit - some of that has happened but there has been a high injury rate around me.Being a rollergirl also becomes part of your identity as well.

Maybe it's time for a more gentle sport/yoga/dance/arty type classes.Part of me still loves it/feeling torn!Just spent few hundred on new skates too,not yet worn!
          It also really helped me to stop booze and fags initially - but now is a lot more of a boozy group.Maybe I should just roller skate!

Had anxiety work dreams last night,but at least I slept for a solid 8 hours.So I'm skating for 5 hours today (including travel) - I'm watching practice.Then back home, plan food for the week and time to do some cleaning,may do some colouring in of my tattoo colouring in book,maybe a film later and a relaxation exercise.
          Burito shop in town is doing lamb barbacoa on limited special so that's dinner sorted!Have a great AF day everyone.
          one day at a time

Comment

SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

morning all,well done SL,150 days amazing job!

TT - hope you start to feel on the up soon,good you have support in 'real' life as well.

Nurdl - welcome back!

Morning Mick - up at 445 on a Sunday?I was impressed I was awake at 8.15!

Off to roller derby today - just doing warm up,need scan next week for stomach probs and can't risk being injured and it being delayed. Finding it hard to get back into it, due to injury and just not attending I've moved from top group,to bottom group in terms of skill level.

I question if I still enjoy it/feels cliquey sometimes,team lot 'younger' now and there is a lot more emphasis on going out and getting pissed as 'team bonding' and also low level bitchy comments.
            I'm feeling demotivated and not sure - yet sometimes I love it, it takes such a huge chunk of time per week - 2 evenings(4 hours including travel) to do well plus one Sunday.

I had decided to go when I wanted/didn't have other weekend commitments, but that means I'm ' half in' not progressing as much as I could and also feeling on the outside of the group.Tricky!
            I did this originally to make new friends/get fit - some of that has happened but there has been a high injury rate around me.Being a rollergirl also becomes part of your identity as well.

Maybe it's time for a more gentle sport/yoga/dance/arty type classes.Part of me still loves it/feeling torn!Just spent few hundred on new skates too,not yet worn!
            It also really helped me to stop booze and fags initially - but now is a lot more of a boozy group.Maybe I should just roller skate!

Had anxiety work dreams last night,but at least I slept for a solid 8 hours.So I'm skating for 5 hours today (including travel) - I'm watching practice.Then back home, plan food for the week and time to do some cleaning,may do some colouring in of my tattoo colouring in book,maybe a film later and a relaxation exercise.
            Burito shop in town is doing lamb barbacoa on limited special so that's dinner sorted!Have a great AF day everyone.
            one day at a time

Comment

SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

MAE everyone, wherever you may be in the world! Still trying to regain my original user name. It feels like my pink Barbie car has been repossessed. Anyway, I'm looking for my peeps to lean on again. I need you. You understand, you love unconditionally, you know the right time for a verbal kick in the head. You are part of my support team and I need to become part of your team once again. Later, since I seem to be able to log on this way.

Supervisors and Administrators!!!! You have many emails from me!!!! READ THEM AND RESPOND PLEASE!!! It matters!

Comment

SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

Good morning Abbers!

Happy Sunday & great to see you TT
                I totally understand dancing on the dark side of the moon at times. I have been fortunate to be able to keep myself in the light now for nearly 6 years. It took a lot of work, lessons learned along the way too Hope to see you daily for a long time to come!!!

Mick, happy travels to you today!

SL, CONGRATS on 150 AF days :yay:
                Be sure to keep that streak going!!

bear, I hope you have a great day & moving away from the hard drinking crowd sounds like a great idea

Welcome back nurdl!!!!
                Stick around & let us know what's going on. The AF life is the best choice for us!

No big plans so far today. Maybe my crying fan club will be back - who knows? :H
                Have a great AF Sunday everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

Checking in happily on 150 days, or 5 months!
                  Quick one as have not had my tea yet - and that just shows how excited I am today
                  Nurdl - miss the car, hope you can get it out of lock up! Good to have you back!
                  TT - so happy to see your post, did miss you...hope all is settling for you:l
                  Mick - hope your jaunt was a good one?
                  Hi Bear and Lav - off to state fair today, will check in later - tea, then shower, then kick the girls out of bed - see you all later.
                  Happy to have you all with me today:l
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

MAE ALL....

TT....thanks for the kickoff. We usually sit around 24 degrees so when we get up over 30 we're not used to it. I don't know if it's from the amount of snow accumulation in the mountains but we're also experiencing humidity, something else we're not used to. And they say there is no global warming.

Mick...another clue Lincoln. Will be checking that out. Happy travels today.

Bear...dinner sounds good. Things change so maybe the reason why you started roller blading has changed too. You just do what feels right to you.

Nurdl....glad to see you back. Got the car out of hock if you want it back. Just let me know.

Lav...well if they haven't quit crying since they left you can bet on them being back. :H

SL...congrats on 5 months. :wd: Enjoy your day at the fair we'll see you when you get back.

Lazy day for me today. Few chores nothing stressful. Hope you all enjoy your AF Sunday......PPQP

Comment

SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

Mae everybody,dang SL i am so proud of you!!! congratswelcome back Nurdl,although i do miss your pink car,TT,i'm glad you're feeling better i understand the difference in real depression and just the blahs too,but they both suck! Mick,we got a bunny yesterday,right now he just hides though,he's black and brown and adorable,hello to Lav,Sam,PPQ,Det?All my friends here
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

Glad to see you back Pauly - need to hear from Det too now!
                        Great day at the fair - spent way too much money (but that is what the fair is all about isn't it). Got a henna tattoo for my "reward" - wish I knew how to post photos - I did take a photo of it, I am always amazed as to how old my hands actually look thou - they do say that the hands show age first, and all the nursing hand washing has shown the passage of time...
                        Went on the Ferris wheel with Daughter #1 as #2 doesn't like them - had a good giggle, not the best on heights, but had some warped fun!
                        Shame it is Monday soon (or already for those ahead of me - which is practically everyone here:H) - having a great weekend...
                        See you tomorrow, thanks for a great day - I owe a lot of it to each of you....:l
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SUNDAY 20 AF JULY

Nurdl, we have hijacked Roberta Jewel's sticky note under the general session tab to tell her about problems logging on, you might lodge a complaint or concern there! Great to see you!! Xo, B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                          X