last day of October...Christmas is a coming.....ho ho ho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last day of October...Christmas is a coming.....ho ho ho

mae all happy halloween :witch: how are we all today?weekends here yet again...so what plans have we got this weekend ?was listening to some of the things adults had got up to as trick or treat sweeties for treaters..one person made jammie biscuits with chilli powder..another dipped cloves of garlic in chocolate!!!anyone got any others ??

right t n coffee on the go...

mornin lav..hows you then? all good whats the csa?usually bbt for you ..hows about a trade off?some mushroom soup for a hooge brew?nope all electrics will be done tomorrow ..including a wall mounted extractor fan...not by me I hasten to add!!whats the plan for today then?

hiya pauly ..hows you then?no carnival ?how come not?mebbes you could have started your own!!what you doing for the weekend?any plans?you working?if so ..dont forget the big insane grin!!

hiya SL....hows you doing?feelin any better?that light is gettin closer....anything doing for the weekend?if not on call at least you will get some down time ...make some !just have a you moment recharge those batteries..

hiya tt and hows you this evenink? your weekend will almost have started now...quiet one for you?

hi shades..hows you..welcome if you r staying

hiya det ..hows the nomad then?all good despite doing yer tortoise impressions ..your house is where you stop!!good on you for the no booze show .....ermm it isnt you puttin garlic in chocolate for the kidz is it?

hiya sf..and I thought I kept some mad hours..sure it wasnt speed you were taking??stair climber at 1 am!!glad youre chilled out with the universe now and not tied up in the corporate image.

right folks shot n sharp ..big waveto all our reglars who werent here yesterdayy ..take it easy n have a grand day one n all

btw..its byrdies birthday today thread in the general section...she wanted a quiet one .....errrmmm nope!!!

I find the new blonde girl in our office really nosy and a tad creepy.

Last night she kept turning round to stare at me while I was following her home.

After our elderly Labrador died, my wife said it would be hard getting used to life without him.

So, to make her feel better, I got up early this morning, and did a huge crap on the carpet.

The Police have been asked for a comment following the explosion at the firework factory in Stafford.

Their chief said, "Ooooooohhhhh" and "Aaaaaaaaahhhh".

Apple employees used to bend over backwards for their ex-CEO, Steve Jobs.

Wonder if they will do the same for their current CEO, Tim Cook.

I'm sick to death of these nuisance phone calls every night," I said. "Is there any way to stop them?"

"Well, you could try drinking in a pub that your missus hasn't got the phone number for."

I have to say, this Government's policy on NHS waiting times is really effective.

By the time their GP appointment comes round, most people have either recovered or died.

I've kept my New Year's resolution of going to work with my bicycle every day.

It's a pain in the arse to get it in the boot though.

I like lying in the bath.

I don't put any water in, I just sit there telling myself ridiculous untruths.

All this talk about robots taking over from soldiers is absurd

...i mean, whos ever gonna dip robots in their boiled eggs.

"No, you can forget it were not having a Labrador. " Yelled my wife.

"Oh yes we f.cking are, " I yelled back as I poked both her eyes out.

The kids will be outside tomorrow night, looking like the living dead and knocking on the neighbours' doors begging for food.

It's not for Halloween; the missus and me just fancy a night in on our own again.

I had to leave the army because my childish commanding officers kept getting me in trouble.

Major Look and Major Stare.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Nite nite. Will try to write more in weekend but now off to sleep. No surprises tonight with Halloween. Daughter made pumpkin pie but took it to a party. I made a chocolate cake as it was Mr Grumpys birthday. Bye for now

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Friday & happy Halloween

Mick, I live in such a rural area there are no trick-or-treaters to come to the door. I will drive the 8 miles to my son's house tonight to see the grandson's in their costumes. They live in a regular neighborhood with lots of neighbors to pester for treats
      A CSA is stands for Community Sponsored Agriculture. It's a group of people who purchase shares in a grower's crop at the beginning of a growing season. The fall & winter crops are mostly greens & root crops. You pay one time & the beginning then just go weekly to pick up your share for 21 weeks It seems that the Amish farmers are anxious to get on board with the idea, other farmers have been doing this successfully for quite a while.
      Just Curves & work on my game plan today.

Greetings TT & everyone stopping in today.
      Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,Happy Halloween to those who celebrate it,Mick,i thought of Det too when you said choco garlic:congratulatory:no work for me tomorrow,i took it off so i could be here to say my goodbtes to youngest daughter leaving for Portland:sadisses me off cuz i wasted too much time drinking whie they were growing up,now they're grown and doing their own thing,it really makes me hate myself! what's up TT?
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Part 2, stupid cursor got stuck! anyways TT you seem quiet,everything o.k?probly just busy,Lav,what are the kids gonna be?Louie is gonna be a pirate,i bought hubs a whoopie-cusion suit(i think he hates it)a zombie mobster for Brady and some devil dress for me,im kinda bah humbuggy this year,it just came too fast i guess,dang SF,that stuff did give you an energy burst! sounds like you got alot done,hello to Det,PPQP,Sam,SL and all else reading,have a good 'un peeps

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi - feeling a little lighter this morning - attempting to smile and be bright. Amoryn in the email, supposed to arrive tomorrow. Did grocery shopping so as to avoid temptation. Been reading on relapse and doing everything to avoid it - so staying safe and close to my support network. Trying to be honest so posting my feelings - aiming not to retreat.
            Supposed to rain here tonight - we are in middle of huge drought and it has to rain for the poor trick & treaters - we have our pumpkins carved - or girls do and will hand out candy if anyone stops by in the rain.
            Will keep close. Bit of a busy weekend, but no call - so hopefully some relaxing sometime in the couple days....
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Thanks for asking Pauly - its just work. I have a huge amount of reading and writing to do and just don't feel like writing long posts at the moment. And don't really have the time. Working right through the weekend. My breaks are housework or going to pick my daughter up from somewhere. Late at night I can watch a DVD or read a non serious book. Thats just the way it is. There will be quieter moments on the horizon. The last thing I need is any medication that keeps me awake more than this!

Comment

Mick....stairmaster at 6am....not 1am.

Lav....I really do feel so much better. It worked really quickly for me....but, I will see what unfolds. Not nearly as energetic today.....but it is cold and rainy. But, still much better than prior to Amoryn.

SL.....I hope the Amoryn works as well for you. Sounds like we are going through a lot of the same stuff. I am having my son tested for the ADHD so that he get better services from the school. He really is having a tough time. It does help that I can handle it much better.

Det...I really enjoy living in a smaller space. We had so much useless crap.

Time to get ready for Halloween.....my youngest already informed me that he isn't going out in that crappy weather.

Comment

MAE ALL...checking in from work as I didn't post yesterday and didn't want to get caught up in things and not post today.

Mick...same to you. I just don't understand why people do things like that. Good luck with the electricity tomorrow.

Lav...enjoy the little ghosts and goblins.

Pauly...I think a pic is in order.

TT...hope the workload lightens up soon. Things have been hectic for me too. Once the audit is over things should settle down.

SL...your post even feels a little lighter. :goodjob: stay the course. I hope the Amoryn works for you.

SF...glad the Amoryn started working for you so quickly. We're actually going to have a decent evening for Halloween. Some years it's been -30C.

Best get back to work. Will try and check in later......:happy2:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,i failed,yet again,i'm sureyou will have read it on steppers?so embarred,i wanted to share my time in,got too weird in my head,yeah seemed like a brilliant idea,it is all pear shaped,just tried to put off shit for too long,i think it hit me

Comment

SF - I took the psychiatrist report about my daughters diagnosis with ADHD and it meant diddly-squat to them! They will not give her better services, instead they are saying she is lazy and not trying - this has disheartened her so much, and made me really low. They are trying to blame me to and telling me that I should go to lunch and afterschool tutoring with her to see how I can help her - tried to explain that I work to keep a roof over our heads, but that seemed to make me a bad mother! I am having to get help outside of school and we are choosing to take the challenge and prove them wrong ( the teachers and counselor that is) - the reports we got will apparently get her help in college, so as long as we can get her there, then we could maybe get everything else to work.
                      PPQ - I do feel a bit lighter - no tears at unexpected moments today - a relief!

Pauly - you have a big change occurring which i know is bothering you, but I am so sad you chose to drink. I know how hard it is not to take that choice when all seems down. I wonder what you can do differently to make something work for you?
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

started Saturday's thread

Comment

Originally posted by scottish lass View Post
                          PPQ - I do feel a bit lighter - no tears at unexpected moments today - a relief!
                          :heartbeat: Boy I remember those "unexpected tear moments" and I added that relief to my "Gratitude List"

Pauly....I am sorry for your decision and will sleep on my response to you. Know that you are a part of my treasured MWO AF Daily family and I do care. :hug:

Comment

late night alooooo all ye ABgoblins and spooks!

Pauly, hugs dear xxxxxxx all I know is I just stumbled a LOT before coming into this last round of sobriety where I'm feeling good and secure.
                            I really need to keep in mind that I can fall back into that dark hole in an instant. please stick tight and talk it out with us.

Sam, darn fine looking gardening there!

ok everyone.....this is how you do halloween properly:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

ok... my sense of humor is broken, but you already knew that!

anyhoo, house inspections are crazy and driving us nuts but we're getting through them.

bout time to zzzzzzz

be well peeps
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X