AF April Abundance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all -

Dill, thanks for that quote -- what an absolutely remarkable idea that is. It makes me realize how much of what we tell ourselves is linked to the past - hurts, stories we are devoted to even though they serve no purpose. That is a truly radical idea. Recently at a public dinner, I was seated (by chance) next to a writing teacher, and across from a Hospice Chaplain (woman). They are in a book group that reads and discusses spiritually oriented books - Radical Forgiveness, etc. I didn't have the courage to ask them 'can I come'? But I hope to contact them both and build a relationship. I felt that it was serendipity that I sat with them - this spring is producing a growth season for me internally - going back to foundations that I laid in the 1980s and 90s, but then let drop. I'm starting to do dream work again - I had a violent, terrible dream recently; some part of me really wants attention! So back to dream work I go...

So glad that you are having a good time with daughter and Gson. I understand the longing for country when working in a city - I am so glad to be in the country. RE: Wolf Hall. Don't be put off by the length!! She has a marvelous writing style, the chapters fly by (for me at least), and the images are rich and sometimes almost mystical. There are too many names and people to try to keep track of - in the beginning of the book, there's a Who's Who that really helps. If you read it, let me know - there are a few tips I would give you so you get into the writer's style.

Star - hope you are treating yourself well this weekend.

Pap - I'm sure you are busy as always

Pauly - hope you feel better

Lav - you actually got a moment to yourself while babysitting adorable Gdaughter?! Wow!. Thanks for the reminder about the Bach flower use. I do use Rescue Remedy, but haven't for awhile. I also used put Walnut in their drinking water, back when we were moving every 3 months or so - it's good for when there are big changes going on...I think I'll start up with that again.

I managed the city, parking, rolling my supplies to my client's apartment, boxing up things, getting the car from the parking lot, packing it up and heading home. All just as planned! I was very proud of myself. Thank goodness it was a Saturday - I hope I never have to do it on a weekday. Both dogs were just fine when I got home (around 7:30 PM...I had my wonderful neighbor come in and feed them dinner). Girl dog was great, no coughing, nothing. Whew!

Today dogs and I will head back to SD's to give a hand with packing. Hopefully that will be my last trip there to help her. Too much driving this week!!!

Hope all have a great AF Sunday ---

Comment

Good morning friends,

It's an allergy weekend, that's for sure! Kept waking up last night sneezing, sniffling, etc & of course hot flashing, ha ha!
      My system will find any excuse to produce a hot flash!

Star, glad you are enjoying your weekend despite the furniture issue. I hope it gets straightened out without too much hassle.

Cyn, you are a brave one to venture into the city like that - good for you
      That book Radical Forgiveness is what helped me thru the YB trauma five years ago when he did his disappearing act. Sounds like those women would make some real interesting & supportive friends.
      Glad your doggies enjoyed their day while you were away.

Dill, how long is your daughter staying?
      I'm sure you are enjoying every minute of their visit!

Papmom, Congrats on your successful day yesterday! I saw your video on FB - you both looked great!!!

Pauly, are you OK?

I hope to have a quieter day today! Yesterday was fun with all the kids around but exhausting as well.
      These allergies are kicking my butt & making me feel lethargic. Spring definitely has it's drawbacks.

Have a great AF Sunday everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning ladies, all is better in paulysville I've never had food poisoning stick around for 2 days in a row,then Friday I was so darned weak, then yesterday back spasms from all the stomach probs,had to work with dizziness and a headache, no good! But last night I felt better, except for the back spasms of course, Kell called in to work cuz nobody could watch Louie, but I'm sure we could have handled him,hope she doesn't get in trouble sounds like everyone is having a nice weekend, enjoy your Sunday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning...

Lav, hope you feel better. Allergies are so annoying...debilitating at times. Weather is supposed to cool off this week, 50s and low 60s. Still better than snow.

Cyn, how interesting, a spirituality book club. I find that so interesting. Love that you are sharing some of your inner work ideas...I did dream work for a while tooand found it worthwhile. I had a hard time recording my dreams before I got out of bed, but thinking about them, focusing on remembering them helped me to find the messages. And I did.

Dill, hope your visit continues to go well. Have fun.

Paulywogg, so sorry its taking so much time to feel better. Yuck.

Have a good Monday!

Comment

Good Monday morning friends!

Dark & raining here so far.
            My younger grandson will be arriving around 9:30 & will be here all day. We will go pick up his brother from the bus stop after school so it's going to be a very long day.

The rain is supposed to drastically lower the pollen count, yay! It is going to be cooler here for a few days as well Star.

Greetings Dill, Cyn, Papmom & Pauly!

Have a great AF Monday everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning all -

Lav - what a long day!!! Good luck with all that and allergies too. As I did my driving last week, I had to do it with the windows closed - otherwise too much pollen got in the car. Had to turn the AC on in NYC - ridiculous! RE: flashes. Just read more about fermented foods and their help in producing hormones in the GI tract...maybe that's why some of us with sensitivities also have such a long haul with hot flashes and other hormone-related issues?

Star - hope your furniture issues get sorted out. Glad that you know what I'm talking about with 'dream work'. It's been a long time away for me, but I hope to get back in the groove.

Dill - I'm sure you're enjoying your visit...

Pap - are you getting this wind up where you are? It would be hard to walk to work today if you lived here...

Pauly - glad to hear you're on the mend.

Dark and rainy here as well today, but I'm kind of glad - it gives me 'yard-guilt-free' time to get my writing work done. Honestly, spring is such a hard task-master; I feel like there is so much to accomplish before the trees and bushes leaf out. The rainy days and cooler temps are buying me some inside-time!

Happy week -

Comment

Good morning all...

Windy and cooler here today. I don't mind as I have to work inside, anyway.

Lav, hope you had fun with your grandsons, inside. Whew. It is probably easier if you can let them play outside.

Cyn, sorry about the sensitivities to pollen. What books did you read to further your knowledge about dreamwork? I am trying to remember what I read. I do believe we get messages if we look for them. Sometimes I wake up with a message. For instance, when I found out my Dad was sick, I woke up one morning with a clear message, "You have to go see your Dad." It was strong, clear, as I was laying in bed trying to wake up. It persisted as I had my first coffee. So, normally not so strong a message. Sometimes I would write down whatever I could remember before getting out of bed. Later, tryiing to decipher it, I would find patterns of things. I am going to find that notebook and put it next to my bed again. It just takes work and practice to remember the dreams and to write it down.

Pauly, Pap, and Dill, have a terrific Tuesday.

Comment

Hello Friends, I think I'm back to 'normal' now. The weeked visit was wonderful, action-packed, intense and emotional. So much to absorb in such a short time and such a sudden and drastic change from our normal day to day lives which are pretty staid and quiet. The visit being so brief made us have to compress as much together time as we could into a short span. There was of course the constant drumbeat of activity eminating from the 3 year olds.
                  With all the trials and tribulations my son has been thru this past year related to his marriage break up and his personal recovery from pain med addiction our entire family has been knocked off center. Our daughter's visit brought a lot of feelings to the surface as we could see and enjoy together the progress gained thru his recovery, but thru the bittersweet lense of all the time and ground lost for my son and his children. Lots of memories and emotions churned up to the surface.

Monday my daughter and grandson left very early in the morning for home. I felt drained physically and emotionally and spent the day resting and thinking about all that had
                  transpired over the weekend and over the years.

I am sorry for my hiatus, but I'm sure you all can understand. There was no alcohol involved in the entire visit for any of us. As a result there was no dampening of any feelings or any artificial comfort zones created by the numbing buffer of alcohol. Looking back I realize how much different everything would have been if I had been still drinking my wine. I would have been having a good time, no doubt, but not really with my family so much. I wouldn't have been connected and in the moment with them. It's a subtle difference that makes ALL the difference in the world.

Sorry for the all-about-me nature of this post! I think I got it out of my system.

Cyn, Star, Lav, Papmom, Pauly, thinking of you all and hoping you are all enjoying some calm weather and some inner peace to go with it!
                  Last edited by dill; April 21, 2015, 06:27 AM.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Tuesday morning friends!

Boy, that was a long day yesterday but I survived, ha ha!!

Cyn, a while back I went thru a phase of fermenting veggies myself & trying to add them to salads. It was a bit too much work so I am heavily reliant on taking probiotics 2X/day. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out that what's going on in our gut is every bit important as what's going on in our brain. Hope you enjoyed your inside day!

Star, we are expecting cooler temps the next few days as well. Grateful that last night's thunder storms didn't bring a tornado along as we were receiving text alerts all day. Hope your day is a good one!

Dill, sounds like you had a real whirlwind weekend!
                    Glad you enjoyed your daughter's visit. Watching our kids move thru their adult lives is fascinating & sometimes really can really tug at your heart, I get that. We have all come such a long way from the days of hiding our true feelings in a wine bottle. We can maneuver thru all these feelings now, good & bad without reaching for a crutch. I hope you can move back to your center quickly

I am heading out to Curves now, will be picking up the boys after school for another fun-packed evening.
                    Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!

Greetings to Papmom & Pauly!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning ladies, Dill,sounds like you had a good visit, a little exhausting but good Lav,glad no tornado hit! I take a probiotic everyday too,but just one, any brand suggestion? I usually buy whatever is on sale, those things are pricey!kinda been in a hum-drum mood for a bit,usually they pass quick but this one is lingering, not really a depression, just a meh,blah, state of mind, I really hate those moods cuz my thoughts go to bad places need to shake it off and just get on with it,I figure I was sick less than a week ago,of course I'm not going to be fully back to "normal" I just have no patience haha,hello to all and I hope we all have a nice Tuesday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning to all...

Dill, what a beautiful way you expressed yourself, the journey of your family, the progress everyone has made, the pain, love, celebration of the weekend. I think it would be a neat thing to write down to look at later. It sounds memorable. I know the last few visits my family have had went so well...without the problems and tenseness of the past. Through our children's adult journey's, we experience their joy and their pain, growing along with them. It can be so painful, and when good, so joyful. Whew, love those times, but know what you mean. My husband and I are reeling after everyone leaves. Emotionally. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Lav, even colder today, out with the warmer clothes, that's spring.

Paulywogg, I always get depressed when I am sick. It does take time to feel better physically and emotionally. Be as good to yourself as you can.

Hello to Cyn and Pap. To all, have a great hump day.
                        Last edited by SnoopyC; April 22, 2015, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Happy Hump Day, all!

Dill - thanks for the beautiful post. Life is so full and so fragile and so strong...it really can be overwhelming (in the best sense of that word) as we go along. Your writing made me realize that the journey is there for all of us, but sometimes it's too much to see, so we cover it over. So glad that you had the AFness to experience it all.

We had big storms the last few nights. The winds blew over a tree that had been taken over by woodpeckers - they much have hollowed it out enough to weaken it, and it came down, pulling out a landline phone line. Fortunately, that's my 'storm' line to be used just for emergency if the digital phone goes out, so it wasn't a crisis. But the pull has tilted the huge post that has our electricity and cable running to it as well...not sure what to do about that. And there's many more trees that could come down and rip those line out...ugggh, no wonder I don't look at that part of the property very often! Does anyone have experience using a small chain saw? I'm longing for one. A big branch came down from another part of the property and was lying on the road. I took to it with my camp saw, and broke it down enough to pull it back into our 'woods', but sheesh, I'm sore today. There are so many small-ish trees that need to be culled here; I can do them by hand, but it would be better with a chain saw! OK, probably not the best idea...

Hope all is well with everyone today. I'll be typing my little fingers off reaching a deadline today; would like to get outside, but there's rain on the way (and snow showers?!?).

Take care all -

Comment

Good morning friends, happy Hump day to all

Cyn, sorry about all the yard damage, geez. We didn't have anything like that here.
                            We do have several chain saws here but I've never used one. I don't really trust myself with power tools, for a good reason
                            I think I would hire someone to clear all that out. Hope you can get it figured out!
                            I think we may end up with more rain here tonight.

Greetings Star, Dill, Papmom & Pauly!

I slept in a bit this morning, nice but unusual for me. Watching the boys this week on top of dealing with allergies is kicking my butt, ha ha!
                            Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Greetings all!

Lav, good for you sleeping in a bit. It feels good to do that every once in a while. I am basically a morning person, but today I too chose to catch a few extra zzzzzzzzzz's.

Cyn, so sorry about your wind damage! What a lot of extra work, too. I keep a land line too, just for storms. Isn't it ironic that that was the one thing that was taken out!

Star, do you see your son very often now that you've moved? I bet the distance has been a blessing to your relationship. Sometimes it's best to have some clear space. Makes drawing boundaries less necessary.

Paully, are you still feeling a bit blah? I get those moods sometimes too. It's as if a gray storm cloud is following me around. Eventually it clears away. "This too shall pass" is my go-to motto for those times.

Hey Papmom.

It's so windy here today and yesterday, it's keeping me house bound. It looks like Spring, but if I step outside and close my eyes, I'm right back in winter again! Yuck. Oh well, this too shall pass!:happy2:
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello ladies, yes Dill this mood is lingering, not quite as bad but I miss my peppy self,my mojo went go go not thinking of drinking, it's not that, more than likely it's those lovely hormones, bleh,loved being a woman when I was having babies and stuff, now I'm over it and wish I was a man haha,hope everyone is having a nice afternoon/evening, see you in the morn

Comment

Working...
                                X