No announcement yet.

16th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww SF,just keep coming back to post,trust me I understand the nerves!doc's always want to throw a bunch of pills at you that make some of us feel shittier,more rattled,fatter,etc,pills aren't gonna make us love our jobs or change whatever is bugging us in our lives, I hope this rest you're taking helps settle some stuff in your mind PPQP,the chicken sounds good,I got tricked by tzatziki(spelled horribly)when Bobbi's bf left some fries from his lunch,I thought it was ranch!!bleck,may be good for some things, no bueno on fries haha
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks PPQ and Paully....I just actually finished the post as the computer MWO system doesn't save well....and I always lose a bunch of stuff

Comment

SF,was thinking about your post more and I think its one of the most honest and closest to home posts I've ever read,when I first started trying to quit drinking, of course there were a lot of just F-it I'm gonna get drunk fails,as time went on and I really wanted to stay sober,there were more life stressors that hit me,hubs dui(perhaps cheating) situation, my sons friends hanging himself, deaths of family members, current family stress, a lot of it just makes you so stressed out you almost feel like you're going crazy, literally, and as you said its not an excuse to drink,just a dammit I've GOT to escape this bullshit! I wonder how to override that ugly feeling without drinking? I've been so stressed before that ive felt almost blacked out,numb,shaky,that's when I've relapsed before, interesting discussion
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly.....I too much understand what you are saying. One of the the things that did not make it into my post was this.....as alkies...we know the drug works. If we want to numb out....our brains are wired to know how to do this. As time goes on I do think this lessens....as I was not wired to drink every Friday Night....as I was in the past. But, something can reawaken the demon......and all of sudden after 1 year-20 years we are back in his grips.

Some days I really hate this thing. Others I am grateful.....I work with people who have MS and Parkinson's and they have absolutely no control on where their disease is going to take them.

But, I am much like them as well. I can go into remission for 10 years and it can take me down. Maybe instead of thinking we have been "sober for x days".....we should think of it as "remission for x days".

I personally was offended by many of the "relapse" posts. It showed me....that no matter how long you battled with this thing....that there is still little compassion.
          Last edited by TheSunFlower97; June 16, 2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

SF, glad to see you posting. I hope you continue to stay in touch with us as you figure things out for yourself.
            I really firmly believe that we can all meet our goals provided we just keep trying :hug:

PQ, wishing you good luck with your new car, very nice!
            now that's what I call good self care

Pauly, dairy created a lot of allergy/sinus problems for me (along with the GI stuff). I have been 90% better these years being off dairy. I notice a big difference too when I can manage a few days or more (mostly) gluten free. Start with eliminating dairy for a few days, it may just help

Pie, I agree that storms shouldn't be named Bill - YB's shouldn't either, ha ha!!!
            I hope you don't have any problems, stay safe.

Sam, nice on the possible job opening. You just may end up having too many jobs. Who is going to take care of the chicks & oiggy babies? LOL We had some rain this afternoon but not as much as expected.

Hello & good night to all
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X