sunday mornin at stupid o clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday mornin at stupid o clock

mornin folks ...just waiting for my friend to turn up...just sent a message to say he had overslept!!it is 445 am....ppqp...big apologies to you ..I akshully thought it was today..but well done to you ...big hiya to everyone else ..havent got much time ..your choice...me to woffle on or jokes? ok point taken!!have a good one

Tom Jones, one of the most respected singers in the world, has been axed from the voice to be replaced by Boy George, a convicted criminal and a homosexual drug addict.

A spokesman for the BBC said, "Tom just didn't fit in."

The BBC has defended axing Tom Jones from The Voice.

They feel that with the rest of the people involved being talentless gits, having one genuinely great singer on it would be embarrassing for them.

There are no rules in Constipation Club.
    Do whatever you want. Nobody gives a sh.t.

Police have arrested a man at a Heathrow Airport Tube station and recovered a pair of scissors after another man was attacked on the London Underground.

Apparently they are now looking for a man with a Rock and another with a piece of Paper.

"Daddy, can I come down now? I've been up here all night." asked my six year old daughter this morning.

kids these days, I'm sure they think roof tiles replace themselves.

have you heard of the Indian karaoake champion? Gupti Singh

Paddy and Mick are in a bar. Paddy says to Mick, "I'll give you £200 if you let me kick you ten times." Mick thinks about it - he doesn't really like the idea of getting hurt but he likes the idea of £200 so he accepts it.

So he goes up to Mick and kicks him. Then he does it again. Then a third time, then a fourth, then a fifth, then a sixth, then a seventh, then an eighth, then a ninth, before walking back to his table.

an onlooker says to him, "Aren't you going to kick him the tenth time?"

Mick says, "Hell no. That would mean I'd have to give him the £200."

In the year 2015 the Lord came unto Noah, who was now living in England and said, "Once again, the earth has become wicked and over-populated, and I see the end of all flesh before me. Build another Ark and save two of every living thing along with a few good humans."

He gave Noah the CAD drawings, saying, "You have 6 months to build the Ark before I will start the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights."

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard-but no Ark. "Noah!" He roared, "I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark ?"

"Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah, "but things have changed. I needed Building Regulations Approval and I've been arguing with the Fire Brigade about the need for a sprinkler system. My neighbours claim that I should have obtained planning permission for building the Ark in my garden because it is development of the site, even though in my view it is a temporary structure. We had to then go to appeal to the Secretary of State for a decision.

Then the Department of Transport demanded a bond be posted for the future costs of moving power lines and other overhead obstructions to clear the passage for the Ark 's move to the sea. I told them that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear nothing of it.

Getting the wood was another problem. All the decent trees have Tree Preservation Orders on them and we live in a Site of Special Scientific Interest set up in order to protect the spotted owl. I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls - but no go!

When I started gathering the animals, the RSPCA sued me. They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their will. They argued the accommodation was too restrictive, and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space.

Then the County Council, the Environment Agency and the Rivers Authority ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed flood. I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Equal Opportunities Commission on how many disabled carpenter's I'm supposed to hire for my building team. The trades unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have to hire only accredited workers with Ark-building experience.

To make matters worse, Customs and Excise seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species. So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least 10 years for me to finish this Ark."

Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky.

Noah looked up in wonder and asked, "You mean you're not going to destroy the world?"

"No," said the Lord. "The government beat me to it!"...
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hey everyone,another lazy day on the cards,been to gym,doing washing,that's about it.
    Sober and still feeling bit weak,clammy,dizzy and shaky - off to see doctor tomorrow,hopefully just a bug but best to get it checked out.
    Plan to lounge,read,nap and may make a shopping list for tomorrow - spices and pulses to cook yummy,quick healthy food.

Finally taking it easy.
    one day at a time

Comment

Good Sunday morning Abbers

Mick, I sure hope your day is fabulous

bear, the nurse can't help herself here -
      The symptoms you described (weak, clammy, dizzy, shaky) could be indicative of uncontrolled blood sugar dips/spikes or even a heart problem. Please make sure you have an EKG done when you see your doctor just to be sure. How about keeping a journal & documenting when these events occur? When did you eat last? What did you eat? Were you resting or exercising? That sort of info may help you identify & correct a problem. Take care of yourself

PQ - we want a speech!!!

Apparently I am going outlet shopping today - I didn't know until just now, ha ha.
      Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,love the ark joke I hope its just a bug Bear,we seem to have picked one up over here too,I think from our trip cuz its about 4,000 feet higher in elevation than Vegas so its cold(to me) and I was getting up at my usual 4:30 am to walk and I think it was too much cold air or something, I was so sick last night and I couldn't wait for Kell to get Louie just so I could get to bed and of course I slept horribly, shoulda taken cold medicine but sometimes that stuff makes me feel creepy, Lav,have funsshopping, I don't care for malls and such as I've gotten older,I prefer online, catalogs or just going in one store,its a shame cuz I used to love hanging out in a mall,eating junk food and people watching, Pie,what's planned for today with you? PPQP,how's it feel to be 3 years sober? I imagine free Sam,how are the calves? Hello to SF,Det,NS hope everyone has a blessed Sunday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Thanks for all the congrats and Mick...thanks for my Birthday Thread. I can't believe it's been 3 years and I owe it all to you guys.

Mick...I hope it's not too dry for your early out today. Did you take your hat?

Bear...glad you're taking it easy and glad you have a Dr's appointment tomorrow. Sending you Positive P's :wings: PPP :wings:

Lav...the best part of this site is I can celebrate my 3 years and everyone knows what that means. Can't imagine walking into work and announcing I'm 3 years sober today. They wouldn't get it. Don't you love the way your day gets decided for you. LOL Enjoy the outlets.

Sometimes I feel I just can't win. Managed to not think about work for 2.5 days only to wake up to a phone call from my ex. :rant: He wants the caveats off the ranch and is offering a ridiculous settlement. Being on a manic he then proceeds to push all my buttons. Gotta love that little "off" button on the phone. 3 unanswered calls later I think he's got the message. Going to start breakfast and restart my day. Have a Super Sober Sunday all and all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Xpost Pauly....hope you're feeling better, it just sucks when you don't get a good night's sleep.
          Last edited by porqoui; August 16, 2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Happy hunting, Mick. Or whatever.

Hi Bear, enjoy your easy day.

Outlet shopping is a favorite of mine too, Lav. Let us know if you bump into Mick scouting for early morning bargains.

Think I'll put another pot of coffee on.

Comment

x-post Morning, Pauly and PQ.

Comment

Morning Pi....I could use another coffee, thanks.

Comment

All I can say, PPQP, is thank goodness that irritating call came today and not 3 years and 2 days ago, right? I'm sorry you had to deal with it all, though, and good for you for not engaging further. My mistake often is thinking enough talk will lead to The Solution and sometimes that's just not how it works.

Hope you feel better Bear and Pauly. I agree with Lav, Bear, that hypoglycemia is consistent with what you describe. Good to get it checked out.

You might be taking a nap by now, Mick, after that early start. I think we need more obvious clues about your Sunday doings .

Outlet malls are ok b/c you usually are outside- not in one big awful building. My favorite is consignment shops, though. I guess I like the thrill of the hunt. Hope you find what they're looking for, Lav.

Still too hot, Pie? Hope you and all Abbers have a nice Sunday. NS

Comment

Morning all!
                    lazy Sunday morn for me. Pie, I'm about to join you all in a second cup. Looks like a weed eating day, gotta look at a new fridge for the daughter. New or used??!! Decisions, decisions.

Bear and Pauly, hope you both are on the mend soon!

Mick, enjoyed the early morning jokes. I actually read your post about 1 am my time but too tired to comment. They were good as a repeat this late morn too.

Lav, happy shopping to you, don't forget to get me something! new motorcycle will do.

PQ, so now you know that the button on your phone is the "X" button. You can just x it out. Again, congratulations to you.

be well good friends
                    Sam
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

X post, NS
                      good morning to you!
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

And to you, too, Sam! Figured out how to ship stuff to me yet??

Comment

I think we're due more clues too NS

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

So glad you all popped over for morning coffee on the patio.

Sam, I've had good and bad luck with used refrigerators. Biggest headache going that route though is in the transport, and then there's disposal of the old frig. Try Best Buy, especially "open box" models. Here's lowest priced one, (with icemaker), I found at a Sears outlet.
                            frig.jpg

Comment

Pie,here in Vegas the power company buys old fridges and freezers for $30 and they haul it,something about saving electricity from using old appliances, coffee on the patio does taste better for some reason, thanks for having us over

Comment

Working...
                              X