toosdi 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toosdi 29th

well howdy folks ...in his best western drawl!!how are we all?Im in the process of downloading all my holiday dvds from the year dot onto pendrives..what a nightmare..and also windows 10 doesnt have media player either..have done some ..but they are a real pain ..reason Im doing it is I noticed some of the vids degrading over time..also taking varifocals back today ...not for me ..despite being top of the range jobs they dont do it for me..so back to 2 pairs of glasses..tho I dont usually wear long sight ones..

enough yakking on we go ..brew time ..all in ?

hiya det ..hows you today mate?glad you are feeling a bit more chipper friend...

hey bear ...respect to you !!!wot an attitude change!!well done to you !!I bet 9 months ago you wouldnt have thought it was poss ..but here you are ..maintenance is the key now...

hey pauly ..whaddya mean to young to feel this old ..what old??:happy2:..take it easy just take it step by step ..you feeling irritated get a pillow and punch lumps out of it..go for a run walk ..do owt apart from sit and fester ...(not literally!!):hug:

hiya ppqp...hows you today..hows the film doing?the half full glass of emptiness?and hows the imaginary boss? you should call him the genie ...appears every now and again !!second helping of frost this week..better get me skates on ..have a great day..after your long sleep!

hiya pie ...hows you today then?complete with new haircut?have you anything planned for today then? that series the booze traveller ..was lookiing it up ..its a geezer eho goes around the world trying different cocktails..what a job..wonder if they would make a series in the same vein for af cocktails? Im up for the travellin bit!!

hiya Lav ..and how did your day go then?betcha it didnt go as you planned..murphys law!!free java here! sorting out seeds today to plant up for the overwinter/spring..did I tell you that we had the beef tommies..grilled with goats cheese on top and a salad base..oh and pure beefburgers and chips ..just so that you dont think it was too healthy!!they were luveerly..Marmande thats the name

hey fireman Sam ..hows you today the n?all good you doing your lumberjacking bit then?there seems to be a big influx of woodburners over here now 2 folk I know here have recently got them

hiya Ns ...you back from your gallivanting yet?did you enjoy it?

right folks off we go it october nearly...ho fkn ho ..jingle bell jingle bells...

Why do Salt n' Shake crisps still exist?

If I wanted DIY crisps I would have bought a potato.

They say a dog is a man's best friend...

I'm undecided now, after the mess my Jack Russell made of his speech at my wedding.

NASA have found running water on Mars. ...and running bear and a coupla wigwams

With Facebook down this evening, I've had to ring people to hear their disapproval of my antics.

It was quite kind of Twitter to take in all those Facebook refugees yesterday.

Following Zuckerberg's donation of the Internet and Facebook, the International Red Cross are making a desperate appeal for Selfie Poles.

I got a part time job in a cigarette factory a few months ago.

Now I'm up to forty hours a week.

An Aussie, Irishman and American are about to have lunch on 35th floor of a construction site.

The Aussie opens up his lunch box to discover a vegimite sandwich, he groans "If my wife makes me another Vegimite sandwich I'm going to jump off this building"

The American opens up his lunch box and discovers a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, he turns to the 2 man and says "If my wife makes me another peanut and jelly sandwich I'm jumping off too"

The Irish mans opens his lunch box to discover a ham sandwich, he turns to the other two man and says "If I get another ham sandwich I'm jumping as well"

The next day at lunch the Aussie opens up his lunch box and finds a Vegimite sandwich, so he jumps. The American opens his lunch box finds a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and jumps off. The Irishman opens his lunch box and finds a ham sandwich and he jumps too.

A week later at the funeral all the wives are gathered in a circle crying.

The wife of the Aussie says 'Why did I only make him vegimite sandwiches, I could have changed it at least once?
    The American wife says 'I should have made a different sandwich and not the same one every day"
    The wife of the Irishman stood back in confusion, looked at the two woman and said "I don't understand it - he makes his own lunch"

Exercise programme:

Take one Weetabix.
    Take an Aero chocolate bar.
    Crumble the Aero over the Weetabix.
    Voila. Aerobix.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

good morning all,
    well, looks like a week of rainy type weather coming our way. Can't get much farming looking down, we'll see how it goes. Usually I just look at the written forecast but last night watched it on the net. Now I remember why I don't often watch: always doom and gloom. Does look like my southern neighbors are having a tough time, which I feel for them.

Mick, thanks for the java java. Going to have to send out the lunch joke, good chuckle out of that. Found all my pics and videos tuck away on my computer in a random place. Macs are just plain goofy in its filing system. Think I'll put them all on an external drive of some sort.

off to the mines... hope everyone is well
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL....Went to post this earlier and nothing happened. Quickly cut and pasted it into word, I'm on the ball this morning. :smiles:

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. Yup another great sleep last night. I was prescribed progressive glasses but couldn't be bothered. Like you stuck with the long sited ones, which I only wear while driving, and a drugstore pair of reading glasses. Works for me. Got some pic's of the pumpkins but left them at work. Will put them up tonight.

Sam...at least you're still getting rain! Forecast is for flurries early Saturday morning. Nothing that'll stick around and back to the high 60's next week. I consider this our wake up call, it's coming, yet never do seem to be ready for it when it does arrive. Be safe cutting up that wood.

Det...glad you checked in, make a habit of it.

Off to get my second cup and read Mick's jokes. We'll see how long the boss last today, he left after 2 hours yesterday. Have a Terrific Tuesday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

12088158_1159962280698132_2507318926405340388_n.jpg
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

hey everyone whizzing in after work,shattered.com - I'm starting to unwind I think - starting to relax/feel the stress and am on countdown until holiday.I also broke my kindle last night - had it a few years and am fecking clumsy so lasted pretty well!

I'm looking at kindle fire,cheaper than what i bought my bog standard kindle for all these years ago!
          I had a massage booked tonight but therapist was ill, fate making me save money there.I thought about maybe going to the gym,then decided I am bloody tired so in pjs on sofa.It feels like I need to rest rather than push myself tonight - I'm doing a class tomorrow night so that'll do!

Thanks Mick - I feel different,I'm feeling calmer (amongst the stress) and like I want a simpler,cheaper life. Dismaland had a big effect!
          Hope you're all well
          one day at a time

Comment

de-pends what you want the kindle for ..yes I know reading!!but outside you cant see it in sunlight ..Ive got a kindle white

Comment

ooh thanks Mick - is kindle white ok outside then?
              one day at a time

Comment

Temps all the way down to 85 on this fine fall day so decided to roast some vegetables. Carrots, parsnips, and turnips now in the oven. Planning to mix with quinoa, then toss with basil pesto. Hmm... I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Comment

Pi...sounds a lot better than my chicken cassadia. Here's a couple of pumpkin picks. The big ones were gone before I could get a pic. 10 in total.

Comment

Greeting Abbers!

Tried to post this morningbut I got a meesage about site maintenance or something - oh well.

Nice pumpkins PQ

Hello to Mick, Sam, bear & Pie!
                    I roast just about all veggies these days Pie - taste better!! Hope yours turned out nicely

Where's Pauly? I hope she's OK.

I met a couple of friends for lunch today & stopped in a few stores since I was in civilization, ha ha.

Det, how are you doing?
                    Hi to NS & anyone popping in tonight.

Big rain (up to 2 inches) on the way tomorrow then there's a hurricane coming up the eats coast this weekend. i think we can stop complaining about a lack of rain now Sam!!

Peace to everyone!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

PQ, you grew those pumpkins? Nice!

Dinner turned out surprisingly well, though I did let the veggies roast too long. Sautéed a Mahi Mahi filet to go with. Actually a bit tickled with myself.

Hey Lav, sounds like Zack did some maintenance to the site. Good news, I think.

Comment

It's late and nobody will read my rant. I like the job.....but, for some reason they think it is ok to have me scheduled to 8pm....then keep me there until 10:30pm. With the launch of the iPhone....I get it....no lunches or breaks...ok....which BTW is freaking illegal. But, now that we are past that I got let go for lunch....which I was scheduled for an 11 hour day. And the freaking manager called me at 45 minutes and wanted to know where I was....I guess I was supposed to take a 30 minute break....fuck her.....36 hours in 3 days! We get 1 hour for lunch....and if we want to shorten it to get paid more is up to us.

I love how close it is to home.....I do like the job.....except for the fact the computer systems suck and it takes for freaking ever to sell someone a cell phone......and the expectation that I will stay.....3 hours after my shift ends.

Vent over....my plan is to to finally go to formal training.....by then they will have enough invested in me...that I will tell them I only work 4 days a week. And BTW....the store is so badly understaffed....that if they let me go they will be screwed. I like the job enough....but, not this crap. And OMG...the assistant manager treats me like a 1st grader....this is not a scan and bag job....but I do like it. Just not the crap.

One more thing!.....I get handed a paper that if I am 1 minute late....I get written up. But, they can keep me 3 hours late? WTF.....

But I am REALLY freaking close to quitting.

Comment

Hey SF - good to see you, if you can afford to quit,I would quit if I was you.
                          Sounds like they probably just see people as expendable commodities - good luck.
                          one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                          X