Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening folks!

Cyn, your girl Shannon couldn't look any happier
    I like her idea of a Let Go list. I think that's what I did 5 years ago when I suddenly found myself sitting here alone. I let go of most everything I had clung to & dragged around for too many years! And oh yes, you do get what you focus on!
    I hope you make some progress on your work decisions & remember to be especially kind to yourself!

I will be out before 7 am tomorrow so I will check in when I can.
    Have a wonderful AF Thursday everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning...

Hey Lav, good strategy, only be the messenger. The joys of being a grandparent. I would not want to raise my kids again, emotionally, I like being at this age and only taking care of myself. Great to hear your granddaughter is doing well in her new preschool. Sometimes change is good. Colder and windy here today.

Cyn, my house is 2003, so 1965 is an older home to me. I love a split level though, lots of room. I do think that setting boundaries with work is important. I get to work a little early, but leave right on time, I don't want to put in overtime, or take on lots of tasks that are not my job description. I did that in the past and they worked me to the point I felt stressed and my body hurt. Not doing that again. I want balance.

Hello to Dill and Pauly. Have a good one all.

Comment

Good morning friends

Made it to my destination in just over an hour in the dark & the fog, ha ha!
        The sun is finally making an appearance now.

Star, we built our house in 2003 as well. Our last house was a 1919 Sears Craftsman, kind of unique. We expanded it quite a bit, up & out. The original basement floor was dirt which was damp & smelly, Lol

Hello to Dill, Cyn & Pauly!
        Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello friends, lost my post!! Was saying that my friend from back east used to tease my thinking of "old" houses cuz west coast old is totally different, this house was born in 1979,and to me that's old but its a lot roomier than the 2003 house we lived in before,but I liked the design of that house with the stucco and tile roof,have you guys ever watched that "tiny houses" show? I don't think I could handle it but they're really nice ,better post before this one vanishes,hello to all,have a wonderful day
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello folks, I got up early this morning and was online getting ready to log in and post. But then I thought, I'd like to find a good quote to start out with so I went looking for quotes about different inspirational things. I looked and looked and after awhile I felt like I was Alice and had just fallen down the rabbit hole! I never did find one that seemed right! I remember how I used to find quotes so easily that seemed to define our group mood. Oh well. Next time I see a good quote, I'll capture it and post it. No more exhausting searches! LOL

So, about houses. I win as far as "older homes" since ours was built in the 1860's. It has charm galore of course but no insulation, ridiculously high ceilings (think warm air rises) and lots of drafts. I miss our old house which was a brick ranch built in the '50s with a full basement. That house almost never needed any maintenance, not like this one does. Now-a-days my dream home would be a lot smaller and newer than what we have, I've lost interest in charm and look more for practical!

Cyn, Star, Lav and Pauly, thinking of you all.

Off to meet my gf for lunch and a walk. Let's all have a great af Thursday.
            Last edited by dill; October 29, 2015, 10:17 AM.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning, it's Friday!

Chilly out, bring on the boots today! We are officially past peak week for leaves, it was a colorful fall this year. Now for the colder weather!

Fun to hear about everyone's houses, old, new, modern, it seems we all have lived in different types of houses and have our likes and dislikes. As I get older I want it to be EASY,with maintenence indoors and outdoors. Any plans for Halloween? Not me, just driving to see my grandson in costume, then home, it is supposed to rain, not sure of this new neighborhood, I don't want candy in the house. I saw that in the city I live in they are having pub crawls with provided transportation for people who want to get wasted in costume, for two nights. Sad.

Lav, glad you made it in the fog and darkness.

Dill, hope you enjoyed your lunch and walk.

Pauly, so great to have you back and feeling good!

Cyn, looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a good Friday!

Comment

Hi all - quick jump on here today. Sorry I missed yesterday. Wow, I had a prospective meeting with a client that I declined to take on - more about that later. But I DID IT - boundaries 1001. Lav - I was only on that site once and for only a couple of minutes, but I got a lot out of those couple of minutes. Keep meaning to go back...thanks for the impetus to return to it.

Big day yesterday - after the client meeting, I took girl dog to a different city for an Ultrasound to see if the doggy internist could figure out what was going on. All she could tell me is that everything looks normal! Great! $$$$. Oh well, we're trying some new meds. I actually liked the vet alot - some things she proposed made a lot of sense. We'll see. Then came home and worked the rest of the evening and night on a Grant that is due this morning.

Today: get the Grant in, clean the house for the dog sitter to come stay overnight, drive to NY Botanical Gardens to see a Frida Kahlo exhibit as SD's end of birthday celebration. So, I'll be seeing you all sometime on Saturday afternoon. Have a happy AF Friday, all.
                PS - what was YOUR favorite costume when you were a trick-or-treater?

Comment

Good morning friends, it's Friday

Coolish & sunny here, nice!
                  I'm heading to Curves then back for some work. So much for excitement, ha ha!

Greetings Dill, Star, Cyn & Pauly!
                  Cyn, I hope your doggie is feeling better & you enjoy the exhibit too.

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends,its 6:30 and still dark,I hate it! Cyn,I was Darth Vader twice when I was a kid so that must have been my fave my friend wants to dress up for work tomorrow but I'm not sure I feel like it,I have a dress and devil horns I wore last year,maybe wear that,maybe just wear my happy Halloween T-shirt and a smile haha,hope there's no weirdness tomorrow with Halloween being on a Saturday, sheesh,just thinking of the pub crawl Star,same stuff advertised here for tonight and tomorrow, I know I'll be safe,sane and sober at least,Lav,have fun at curves,hi Dill,let's have a marvelous Friday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Lav, Cyn, Star, and Pauly! Pub crawl definitely not in my plans for Halloween!

I simply do not remember a favorite Halloween costume. When I was a kid Halloween costumes were pretty lame and really, people didn't put that much effort into Halloween in general. I think over the years it has gotten to be a much bigger deal than it used to be.

Sorry for such a late and brief check in. It was just one of those jam-packed days here and now my gdaughter is here so I can't do much more than say "Boo!"
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning...

Happy Halloween! Favorite costume? Bewitched. Love to wear a witches hat, of course I don't have one now. I always loved being a gypsy or hippie too. Hope the weather is kind to the trick or treaters.

Have a good one.

Comment

Good Saturday morning friends, Happy Halloween too

Favorite costume? Good question, ha ha!!
                          Our costume attempts were kinda lame back in the old days, certainly not something we ever spent any money on either.

I hope everyone has a wonderful & safe AF day!

Lav

I hope ev
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy Halloween! Decided to just go with theTT-shirt at work, I'm in no mood to wear my costume all day and night too,spent $75 bux on candy yesterday, eeks,but we tend to get a lot of kids,I'm making hubs dress up Luke a 80's rock star haha,hello to all and enjoy the day,I'll see you in November

Comment

Hi all -

It was a whirlwind yesterday, but I made it to the Exhibit. It was not so much about Frida Kahlo, as about her garden and the way that she and Diego Rivera changed the 'Casa Azul' their 'Blue House' over the years. It was in the Conservatory - the huge glass building from the late 1800s that houses all the tall palms and ferns, so it was great to be inside and soak up the humidity and earthy smells. The Food Truck was mobbed, so we went without food, but it was fun to hear a real Mexican band, and to watch the huge Day of the Dead puppets. Amazing!

I hope everyone is having a safe and AF night - oh, and me? I remember being a Playing Card once (Queen of Hearts I think - I remember that it was a really windy Halloween, and I practically blew down the street!) and then once I dressed up as a mountaineer. At least that was warmer, but I don't think anybody 'got' it; maybe from my hiking boots? ) Ha!

Comment

Hello and Happy Halloween! The best treat is that we get to turn the clocks back tonight! Woo-hoo! An extra hour of sleep is just what I need.

Gdaughter is out trick or treating with her Dad and brother. She is wearing a princess costume and couldn't be happier. Well, she actually wanted to go as a truck that had 3 wheels and could hop, but she accepted it gracefully when her dad told her he looked for one of those at the store but they didn't have one so he hoped the princess costume would do.
                                Gson went as a zombie.

Halloween has really become a huge commercial holiday over the years, hasn't it? It used to be one of my favorite holidays because it was simple and inexpensive and fun for families. It's not that anymore, is it!

Star, hope you had fun seeing your grandson in his costume.

Lav, you probably remember the lame store bought costumes they had when we were kids. Lots of kids made their own costumes and we trick or treated before the advent of the plastic shopping bag. Those paper grocery bags dragged along the ground would get a hole and all the candy would trickle out! LOL!

Wow Pauly, $75 in candy! You must get a ton of kids coming by. We don't get any at our house bc we live in the country back a long lane.

Hey Cyn!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X