No announcement yet.

Drama-free December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dill, so far the only resolution I have made for 2016 is to try to not lose my mind when YB retires, ha ha!!!
    He's a damn grownup & should be able to figure this stuff out, right?
    One thing he's not going to do is interfere with my routines or destroy my balance, that's for sure.

Pauly, you really do sound awfully hormonal, I am sorry.
    Treat yourself to a little something nice that makes you happy :hug:
    Take care of YOU :hug:

They say the rain is going to stop at some point - I sure hope so!!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning friends....

Monday night one of my closest friends died unexpectedly. I was at my son's on Tuesday morning when we got the call. It was so weird because she had called me Monday night, then spoke to my son. Now, gone. I had a rough day yesterday, I was so happy I was with my son, otherwise I would have received the news alone. I came back home yesterday, cried alot, and I am attempting to live my life without her. Ana Mara, Soul friend, that is what we were to each other for over 25 years. We spoke every day, we raised our kids together, gardened, bird watched, walked, celebrated holidays....a huge loss. She was sick, I knew that, but did not expect her to go so quickly.

Everyone sounds OK. Pauly, you are really struggling right now, hope you feel better. Have a good one.

Comment

:hug: Star, I am so sorry for your terrible loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. What a terrible shock.

Pauly, I'm sorry you have been so down. It does sound like your hormones are out of whack. I hope you can find some relief.

Lav, I wonder if the book, Younger Next Year by Chris Crowley and Henry Lodge would be a good fit for YB. It's a guidebook to a healthy retirement and it is a pretty good read with lots of humor.

Hi Cyn, hope all is well with you.

More clouds here today but only 20% chance of rain. Thank goodness! The ground is saturated! Not much going on here today. Maybe I'll do some decluttering.

Happy af hump day everyone. Oh, And I like the Genuine January too!
        Last edited by dill; December 30, 2015, 07:51 AM.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning on this final hump day of 2015 friends!

Star, I am sorry for your loss :hug:
          A sudden loss like that is rough. Sounds like you have wonderful memories to sustain you for now.
          Please take care of yourself.

Dill, thanks for the book idea, I will definitely look into picking up a copy.
          I snapped (just a little) on YB last evening & let him know that he needs to get his sh*t together. He has been extra miserable with his tinnitus lately. I think certain weather conditions make it worse. I can't do anything about the weather for him. He rejects every suggestion I offer, always has.

Pauly, I hope today is better for you!

Hi there Cyn!

Have a good AF day one & all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends, Star,I'm sorry for your loss so sad,are you ok? I'm not struggling as far as al goes,justsstruggling to get a decent sleep,I hafta be picky about what I take cuz stuff like benadryl, nyquil,etc has a strange effect on me,was gonna try allterill but its got so many ingredients and a pretty high melatonin content,the supp I use only has 1.5 mg and if I take more I sleep less,Dill,I was just emotional yesterday cuz I want to be there for Louie always,he's my little rock and he makes me happy,I just felt sad that I wasn't able to watch him,and missing Bobbi didn't help either,went on a small cleaning spree just to get my mind right,did laundry,scrubbed the area rugs with carpet spray,mopped etc,I like a clean house,seems to make me feel more at ease with everything Lav,the "restore" was the probiotic, maybe I misread who liked it,bought Bobbi a fitbit for Christmas so now I gotta get my steps in cuz I know how competitive she is!she can see my step count cuz we're fitbit friends and I can't let her beat me haha,Cyn,how's things with you? Any NY plans? Well off to get ready,I hope we all have an easy Wednesday, Star,thinking of you
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning friends,

I had another rough day yesterday, cried off and on, but talked to alot of people, worked out, and plan on going to funeral and extending my time off out of necessity. Grief is hard work. But I know I have to let myself cry, and I will write my memories and will read them at a service on Monday. That will be healing for me, I have to do it. Thanks for your support and sympathy, it means alot. The last day of the year, may 2016 be a good one.

Lav, hope YB can snap out of it. Some people are really affected by the weather, physical and mood symptoms. I hate it really cold but so glad I moved. When I was up North on Monday, it was colder, snowier, and just hard to get around. I did not miss it. You have managed your retirement well so far, he will have to figure it out too.

Dill, thanks for your support, it is hard to lose beloved people, I will never have a friend like her again! I made sure to eat light and well, and we are going to stay in tonight, I'll have healthy food and plan on making a pitcher of my favorite tea, Yumi Roobios Chai, and it is decaf so I can sleep. I cannot let myself go off the deep end, I kind of did when my mother died. With my Dad, not as much, but now this. Whew, I love a new year, so many possibilities, just lonely now.

Pauly, hope you can get a good nights sleep more often. Any special plans for New Year's Eve? Never my favorite holiday and it kind of scares me to be out cause people, many people, are purposely getting drunk. Yuck.

Hello Cyn,

Have a good one.

Comment

Good morning friends!

So this is it, the last day of 2015. I hope 2016 brings us much health & happiness

Star, I hope you continue to work your way thru your grief & come to know that your friend is now at rest & has found peace :hug:

Hello to Dill, Pauly & Cyn.

Wishing us all a wonderful & peaceful 2016!
                My goal for the new year is to get thru YB's 2nd retirement in one piece
                See you all in Genuine January!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends, Star,you sound like you're getting through the grieving process really well((hugs)) I'm starting to not like new years!people around here were acting like they already started partying yesterday, and all the yapping about booze,yada,yada I don't care about peoples dumb plans to get wasted at all this holiday is just an excuse to act dumb,I never did anything for new years so I don't have an issue there,just want to make it to work and back safely,yesterday I almost got hit twice on the way home!! Hello Lav,Cyn and Dill,I hope you have a safe,happy new years eve
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm popping in kind of late but really wanted to wish you all a good and peaceful New Year's Eve and a healthy and prosperous 2016.

See you in Genuine January!
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X