No announcement yet.

Fabulous Freedom February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

Hello All,

Pauly, I thought maybe this little verse from Mother Teresa may give you inspiration to deal with the difficult people you encounter at your work. It helps me. You are sounding a overwhelmed and down. I so I. hoped to send you extra support!:hug::hug:

Cyn, it's funny you asked about crafts and books. I don't really have anything going right now but did just get a book from the library by Deborah Moggach tittled, In the Dark. She is the author of Best Marigold Hotel and Tulip Fever. I enjoyed both of those, so I will let you know how I get on with this one.

Star, I hope your frustrations with the painting are fading and you are getting things put back to rights. Any home improvement project in my experience has always taken longer than expected and has been a bigger headache than expected. But as you know, this too shall pass. I hope they are doing satisfactory work for you.

Lav, I'm glad to know you have experienced the special Chuckie Cheese birthday event too! Ha! Funny thing is, I think I actually liked the pizza, in spite of all the over stimulation surrounding us!

Of course little granddaughter is here and we have been having a wonderful visit. Today we visit with the neighbors across the road who have a 4 year old and a 1 year old so Kylie will have a little play time. These are the Romanian immigrants I think I have mentioned before. Very lovely people.

What will we name the March Thread?!!
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning all...

I could not get into MWO earlier this morning, so grateful it is working now. Well, I worked with the painters all day, and they finished for the most part. The main guy did not use drop clothes all the time, so I spent my day on my hands and knees, cleaning up the spattered paint off my counters, stove, floor, etc. I kept my cool, but wow was he lazy. He worked about 4 hours and was exhausted. Anyway, never again. It does look nice, but what a nightmare.

Today, it is going to get into the 60s and sunny! Yay! March Madness, marvelous march, march maintanence, mildly march, manageable march.

Have a good one.

Comment

I like Marvelous March hopefully it will be a madness free month so that name won't fit,hope all are well
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends!

I missed not being able to get on to post - hope the maintenance & updating is complete now!

Pauly, I honestly understand your frustration & I am sorry you have to deal with all that.
          I know we are always recommending books here on this thread but I can honestly tell you that this one helped me so much.

It's an easy read & most importantly helped me to understand that we live very codependent lives. Learning to detach gives us the freedom to live the life we were menat to live. Please grab yourself a copy & tell us what you think :hug:

Dill, it's so funny that you mentioned the pizza at Chuck E Cheese - it was good & it don't bother me a bit, ha ha!!
          I hope your granddaughter time was excellent!
          I love that verse by Mother Teresa, I have read it a few times.

Star, glad the painting is finally complete - whew

Cyn, I hope your doggie weekend went well.

Have a peaceful night everyone.
          Let's do Marvelous March.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning...

What a beautiful day weatherwise, spring is teasing us and I like it. Working on making good nutrition choices and feeling better and better. Love having my house put together, it looks great. Marvelous March it is, whoever gets up first gets to start the new thread.

Lav, I am going to look at that book, very interesting. Hope you had a peaceful Sunday.

Pauly, hope you find solutions to your physical issues soon.

Dill and Cyn, great start to the week, let's all have a good one.

Comment

Good morning friends!

Happy Monday to all. I actually had 8 hours of undisturbed sleep - nice
              We have clouds & some rain moving in later but the temp is supposed to be 55. I am definitely feeling ready for Spring.

Star, I found that book at a time when I needed it the most, it really helped me understand what I needed to do.
              It's probably a good idea to read it before a crises hits, better to be prepared!

Hello to Dill, Pauly & Cyn. Have a great AF day everyone.
              I have Curves & work waiting for me!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning friends,hope everyone had a nice weekend, we've been hitting the 80's nearly but I've not been enjoying it much cuz of allergies, I told hubs it has to be something that I'm eating on a daily basis so we're doing experiments, I have a headache this morning which bothers me cuz I was pain free yesterday, enough moaning,I'm tired of being the moaner,the clocks change in a couple of weeks so it won't be getting as dark so early,actually it has been getting dark later as it is,I hope we have a great Monday,hello to all
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all!

I thought I posted yesterday, hmmm, guess not. I had computer troubles again - Windows won't load. Thanks to my stubborn-ness, I just kept trying things until something finally got it up and running. I worked on taxes, cooked for humans and dogs all day, and then with some fear turned the computer off. Same thing this morning! So I've texted the computer guy - he has some more fixing to do, obviously.

Thanks for the quote, Dill. Such a great reminder that one must just do one's best, no matter what. That's actually kind of a Buddhist approach, right? From Mother Teresa!

Thanks for the book idea, Lav. I just ordered it. I read Melody Beatties 'CoDependant no More' years and years ago - that started my first efforts at transformation. This book looks great ---

Pauly - how is it going? I hope you are feeling better.

Star - so glad you have your beautiful house back to yourself! I'm in the 3rd week of the MBSR, and seeing some changes with adding the yoga in this week. Friday will begin my 4th week. Kind of like Dill's quote, right. Whatever is going on, just keep at knowing yourself and being present and doing what will fill our souls.

We had sun and mild weather yesterday - I actually took a walk with HB. It was wonderful to have the gentle 'green' fragrance in the air - spring is definitely coming! Happy AF Leap Day to all --

Comment

x=post Pauly! Good luck with that headache - remember to take some deep breaths!

Comment

Good evening Friends,

We made it thru February! Wow, how fast this month went!
                      Pauly, I'm looking forward to the time change too.
                      Cyn, Star, Lav, sorry to be so brief but am short on time. Hope everyone has a very good af night. See you all in March!
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning...

Woke up late today. Our furnace messed up last night, a guy was able to come out and rig it for a day or so, something needs to be replaced, and the part will be in on Wednesday. It never ends lately.

Lav, I ordered the book you recommended on detachment, I really need it right now. We are supposed to get snow on Thursday and Friday, then warm weather over the weekend again. I want spring to stay!

Cyn, computer problems are a pain in the neck. Hope you can get it fixed soon. It is wonderful to have my house put back together, thanks. Glad you are noticing positive changes from the meditation. I woke up in the middle of the night last night and was able to deep breathe, complete a relaxation exercise and fall into a deep sleep, with no meds. It has taken me years of practice, and it works! So glad you are having some nice weather, too.

Dill and Pauly, hope you Tuesdays are great.

Have a good one.

Comment

Working...
                        X