wenzdi 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wenzdi 9

morn folks ..how are we all then?good?I couldnt sleep ,so got up early...had plans fro today but methinks part of them will be scuppered...drilled wall ,got slab,cable,rcd ,junction box.....and that was as far as it got...today was going to dig out and lay the leccy cable...but its raining and even I aint that dumb?....maybe..

soooooo..here we g o then...early mornin brew......anyone else?

hiya lav....you sound like Julie...nods listens..ish you can actually see the glaze on her eyes..yet job done its different...not interested in the hows or whys ..just the outcome...early brew for you?did you get the animals all sorted out?

hiya Sam....thanks for that...wow some piece of kit that!!Ive used similar before ...the similarities being very very distant...Ive used dumpy levels,doing archaeology ...foresights,backsights tbm s etc but that looks the biz!!got to go to my friends today pig is pretty much due! so you reckon winter has gone?

hiya ppqp...how are you today?glad the cream is working for you....how was work today?any better?

hiya pauly ...hows you today then?hows Brady? any better?dont know bout the boogie..but going to get another one..trouble is I want a big un ,but you can only grow them indoors over here..you are right about the animals..when Sam went on to rainbow bridge..it seriously upset me ..even now I miss him..isnt it strange...some of the stuff I have done ,seen blah blah...and yet the death of an animal def upsets me more!!!oh yeh and heres these 2.....

20160131_101554.jpg

this is what we want....

Bourgenvilla.jpg

hiya pie ...hows you?work progressing slowly?like the phrase turnkey......look at its meaning over here!!as for the difference between hiring individual trades yourself and a guy to do it all...have you thought..if you get someone to do all the work ..or he subcontracts to get the work done..if something goes wrong in the future..who do you go back to..the individual contractor or the guy who hired them?reason I m saying this..I had that hassle with the conservatory being built...and was it hassle..in the end I withheld part payment..and the guy for whatever reason never pushed the issue..as for working outside..dont mind the cold ..its the rain and mud that bugs me...

hiya ns det sf ttq etc ..how are you all?
    right orf for another brew

A doctor wanted to get off work and go hunting, so he approached his assistant.

“Seamus, I am going hunting tomorrow. I don’t want to close the clinic. I want you to take care of the clinic and take care of my patients.”

“Yes, sir!” – answers Seamus.

The doctor goes hunting and returns the following day and asks: “So, Seamus, how was your day?”

Seamus told him that he took care of three patients.

“The first one had a headache so I gave him Tylenol.”

“Bravo, and the second one?” – asks the doctor.

“The second one had stomach burning and I gave him Malox, sir.” – says Seamus.

“Bravo, bravo! You’re good at this and what about the third one?” – asks the doctor.

“Sir, I was sitting here and suddenly the door opened and a woman entered. Like a flame, she undressed herself, taking off everything including her bra, her panties and lied down on the table and shouted: “HELP ME! For five years I have not seen any man!”

“Thunderin’ Lard Jayzus, Seamus, what did ye do?” – asks the doctor.

“I put drops in her eyes.” !!!!!

Customer: Waiter, this soup tastes funny.
    Waiter: Funny? But then why aren’t you laughing?

Customer: Waiter, there’s a fly swimming in my soup.
    Waiter: So what do you expect me to do, call a lifeguard?

Customer: Waiter, there’s a fly in my soup.
    Waiter: That’s all right sir, he won’t drink much.

Customer: Waiter, there’s a dead beetle in my soup.
    Waiter: Yes sir, they are not very good swimmers.

Lady: Is this my train?
    Station Master: No, it belongs to the Railway Company.
    Lady: Don’t try to be funny. I mean to ask if I can take this train to New Delhi.
    Station Master: No Madam, I’m afraid it’s too heavy.

A lady walked into a drugstore and told the pharmacist she needed some cyanide right away. The pharmacist naturally was concerned by such a request and asked, “Why in the world do you need cyanide?”

The lady then explained that she needed it to poison her husband. The pharmacist’s eyes got big and he said, “I can’t give you cyanide to kill your husband! That’s against the law! I’ll lose my license. They’ll throw both of us in jail and all kinds of bad things will happen! Absolutely not! You cannot have any cyanide!”

The lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist’s wife.

The pharmacist looked at the picture and replied, “Well, now. You didn’t tell me you had a prescription.”

The class teacher asks students to name an animal that begins with an E.
    One boy says: “Elephant.”

Then the teacher asks for an animal that begins with a T.
    The same boys says: “Two elephants.”

The teacher sends the boy out of the class for bad behaviuor. After that she asks for an animal beginning with M.
    The boy shouts from the other side of the door: “Maybe an elephant!”

A teacher asked a student, “Do you know the alphabet?”

The kid said no so the teacher said, “Well, tomorrow you gonna have to say the alphabet to me.”

The kid went home and asked his mom, “Mom, what’s the 1st letter of the alphabet?” His mom responded, “Sshhh I’m on the phone.”
    The kid asked his dad, “Dad, what is the 2nd letter of the alphabet?” His dad said, “Yes!”
    He then asked his sister, “What’s the 3rd letter of the alphabet?” She said, “Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson.”
    He then asked his little brother, “Bro, what’s the 4th letter of the alphabet?” The little brother said, “Driving in my bruum bruum car. Driving in my broom broom car.”

The next day, the kid met the teacher, she asked, “What’s the 1st letter of the alphabet?”
    The kid answered, “Sshhh, I’m on the phone.”
    The teacher got angry and said, “Do you want to go to the principal office?
    The kid responded, “Yes!”
    The teacher said, “Who do you think you are?”
    The kid said, “Michael Jackson.”
    The teacher said, “How do you think you are going to get away with this…”
    The kid said, “Driving in my bruum bruum car driving in my broom broom car.”

There were 4 people in a private plane: a captain, a priest, a boy scout, and a smartest man in the world. Suddenly they heard an explosion, the pilot realized that the engine had exploded so he announced, “Dear passengers, I am afraid that there is a technical problem in the engine. The plane is gonna crash. Grab a parachute and jump!”

The pilot then grabbed a parachute and jumped off. The smartest man in the world said, “I need that parachute, the world needs my knowledge” and so he jumped off.

The priest said, “Boy you take that last parachute, the world doesn’t need me, I am just an old priest.”

The boy scout said, “No, what are you talking about? There are 2 parachutes left.”

“What?” – the priest.

“The smartest man in the world took my backpack.” – responded the boy scout

Master: “Why didn’t you water the plants yesterday?”
    Servant: “It was raining.”
    Master: “Don’t make excuses! You could have used an umbrella!!”

Japanese doctor ideaology
    Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
    A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.
    Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
    A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Fruit very good. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Grain good too. Bottom up!
    Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
    A: Can't think of one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!
    Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
    A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?
    Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
    A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!
    Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
    A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.
    Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
    A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!
    Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.
    And remember:
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"
    AND......
    For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.
    1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
    2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
    3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
    4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
    5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
    CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
    Last edited by Mick; March 9, 2016, 12:50 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

WOW...Mick...you are up early.
    Just checking the thread before heading to bed and look tomorrow is already here!
    You'll be ready for a rainy afternoon nap soon.
    Much better day at work, lots accomplished and everyone seemed to be in an "up" mood.
    Will check back in my morning.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Originally posted by porqoui View Post
      WOW...Mick...you are up early.
      Just checking the thread before heading to bed and look tomorrow is already here!
      You'll be ready for a rainy afternoon nap soon.
      Much better day at work, lots accomplished and everyone seemed to be in an "up" mood.
      Will check back in my morning.....:smile:PPQP
      good for you ppqp...glad all is good...
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Joining you early birds, since thunder and lightening have my pups agitated. Hard to sleep with them pawing at my head! Going over extra early for morning dog walks, then back here for more demo. Mick, you're right that there are advantages to dealing with the different tradespeople directly. Thanks for the story on your conservatory.

Oh yeah, I second your decision not to do heavy electric work in the rain! So far my "oops" have included breaking a mirror while trying to pry it off the wall, and not wearing a long sleeve shirt while working around insulation. Itchy, itchy, Pie!

Comment

morning all
          Mick, sure are on a roll this morning, maybe you got too much sleep the other day! yes all this tech stuff is ok but all these things have ways of not being very intuitive. Getting the data collector to talk to the transit is a bit vague. All the manuals are on line so you have to download, print out. I find I'm a lot better off with a book and a tutorial, which was what the older stuff I have had. I went this way of the robo because it is hard to find part time help. Any word from Kuya?

Morning PQ, how's everything in the northern clime? warming up a bit? Spring has definitely sprung this week!

Pi, glass and insulation don't sound like a healthy mix. One of my first jobs was insulating an attic in the summer, before the idea of wearing a face mask ever entered anyone's mind.

off to it friends
          Sam

mask of Zorro

IMG_1757.jpg
          Last edited by Samstone; March 9, 2016, 07:58 AM.
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy hump day

Sunny & heading up to 80 degrees here, yay!!
            I will continue with the window washing, screen installing chore I started yesterday afternoon.

Mick, I hope you get some sun soon so you can get back to your outside work.
            I smiled at the fly in the soup joke - I used to tell my kids the same thing, ha ha!!

PQ, I hope today is even better than yesterday for you!

Pie, ouch. I found out about that insulation thing myself way back in the mid-70's working on our first house. What a creepy feeling, ugh. Good luck today!!

Sam, sunny & warm here so I guess you have the same thing, nice.
            I hope you get comfortable with your new transit very soon. like anything I guess practice makes perfect

Hello to the rest of the crew. I hope everyone has a fabulous AF day!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Huppy hump day ABeroooooos!

Mick, thanks for the blast off as always. Beetles in the soup reminds me of a time in Australia when a huge bomber of an elephant beetle splashed into my soup so hard it got me wet! seriously.

Off to lunch with an old friend I used to drink with, but of course I'll be sans AL today.
              in other news I'm finally hauling my ass back to my sword fighting class tonight which I miss dearly.

just looked at clock... I gotta scram

be well peeps
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sam, I didn't see that picture this morning. What an interesting looking fella

Det, hope yo enjoyed your AL-less lunch & are being careful with those sharp implements of destruction!!!

I never got back to my window washing chore today but I did wash my filthy car. I was sick of the layers of dried on road salt, mud, etc. Looks much better now

Peace to all tonight. I hope those storms I saw on the news didn't bother you Ms Pie!!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

After a good nights sleep feet were feeling pretty good. Did a soak and cream and was good to go. Now that I'm home from work I can hardly walk. Time for another soak.

Pi...the picture in my head of those pps pawing at your head is priceless. Wish I could draw. LOL Thankfully I've never had to deal with insulation. Hope your day was productive.

Sam...we've been above normal temps since the beginning of Feb. The tulips must think they're in Victoria BC because they're starting to come up. They'll be sorry when we get a blizzard in May. LOL Great pic of the mask of Zorro.

Lav...your hope came true. Busy day but very positive and productive. Hope your evening is peaceful too.

Det...how'd lunch go? Sounds like you've got a positive attitude, keep it up. Getting back to your sword fighting classes is great. Hope you've got lots more plans in place. Keep it simple and things will work out.

Pauly...hope you had a good day.

Off to figure out dinner. Have a restful evening all......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey PQ, What is it that causing your feet to swell? Or, do you know? Glad the cream and soaks are helping.

Lav, all we got from the storm system was some rain. The violent part missed us, thankfully. Haven't checked the weather this morning, but wonder if the system is headed your way?

Sam, when you're right, you're right. Thanks for the mask reminder! Love your Zorro pic!

I'll check back later. Mick? Where are ya this morning?

Comment

Working...
                    X