No announcement yet.

monday 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manager is holding up my move. Saturday came and as I call it "happy couple wine drinking day".....I could sense something wrong....like something bad was going to happen. Don't ask me why.....but, this feeling usually ends up being right. I ended up mentally making myself not feel well and called out. Looking at it now.....I know being a bit pissed and being around all that wine, just wasn't going to be a good combination for me. Even if I did not drink....I certainly did not want to get into a mind game with it.

Pauly....which reminded me of someone saying once "once I got into a mental battle with alcohol it always won". I know I rarely won any of those battles. Sometimes just reading about sober people helps me. Tons of blogs out there. Also, I don't go to meetings that much....but I do like to include them in my toolkit. I can sit there and nit pick that I hate the steps, this God stuff is a little too much, really Buddha again.....at the end of the day every person in that room has been through the exact same battle. It doesn't matter if your some movie actress or just got out of jail.....we share a common bond/battle. They help me. I don't see them as "creepy"....rather it's one of the few places on earth where people leave their masks at home and tell their truth.

PPQ....I know at times I have some of that dry drunk running through me. When I get cranky its a sign that I need to do something.....anything that involves growing just a little bit more. And Discovery Place is close to me.....it's where a lot the men end up. I think it is still a male only rehab.

Its late....next on my self care list is to go to bed at an appointed time. With my schedule all over the place it is hard to stay disciplined. The kids have to get up at 530a for school...I've been getting up and going back to bed. Think I might try to give this morning person shit a try. I should be so wiped out tomorrow night (work, workout, meeting)...that crawling to my bed at 9p is my goal.

Comment

Working...
    X