No announcement yet.

Simple September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys - sorry to be away. Going full speed ahead the last few days. Came back up country this AM - prepping my clients house for the move in this afternoon - taking are of dogs in between.

More soon - hope all are well -

Comment

Good evening friends!

I managed to keep myself busy & going all day!! Glad to be sitting down & taking a break.
      No storm here whatsoever after all the warnings - weird. Now we are getting back into another heat wave I hear, #7 for the summer, ugh. I am SO ready for Fall!

Hello to Star, Dill, Pay & Cyn!

Star, glad you are enjoying your grandson time, it's the best!

Dill, I enjoy plant based cooking & eating. It does take time to switch your cooking skills/gears, ha ha. I just saw an interesting creamy linguine with butternut squash recipe - making that one tomorrow, ha ha!!! Not a drop of butter or cream in that one, yay! You have to find something you are comfortable with & stay with for a while, right? Glad you had some awesome grandkid time too.

Pauly, did you know that hormonal changes can be one cause of gum soreness? Honestly, there are so many things that can affect your gums.
      I switched over to an Oral B electronic toothbrush probably almost 10 years ago, use Colgate Total toothpaste & get regular dental cleanings & have no complaints anymore. Warm salt water rinses are helpful.

Cyn, you are the busy one, good for you but don't wear yourself out

Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning to all...

Had a good day at work, it was hard to go back, but things were fine.

Lav, it is hot hot hot again, but fall has to be around the corner.

Dill, terrific you had a lovely weekend with grandkids. Yay.

Pauly, we are so blessed to have grandchild who are close, to be part of their lives. Sorry you are not feeling well, that has to be hard.

Cyn, hope the move went well, sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Have a Happy AF Hump Day.

Comment

k so today is my first day attempting to pretend i am in asia and getting used to the time change.
          i was 'coached' that probably we won't have time to get over the jet lag before we start to work.
          anyway.
          so, a wee bit tired now but want to somehow make this happen. i just think it will be easier for me later.
          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hello All,
            Eloise, that sounds like a good plan to me. You'll get the most out of your time in Asia if you aren't dealing with time zone changes. May I ask why you are taking the trip? I have a friend who went once as a part of a medical team to provide OT therapy services in China. It was the trip of a lifetime for her!

Star, glad your transition back to work was not too difficult! I'm over halfway thru my audio book, Hawaii. It's so awesome to learn about the history of those islands thru a well written novel. I think I'll take a break from Michener after this book tho.

Lav, I'm glad you took on the veggie-based diet for yourself. It sounds like a really good fit. If I needed to eliminate gluten and dairy I would be much more motivated to take it on. I did read thru some of the recipes and they sound really tasty. The lasagna recipe I read had a tofu based "ricotta" filling that also called for nutritional yeast. I am a fan of nutritional yeast but mostly just use it over my popcorn. I never knew how else to use it.

Cyn, still waiting to hear the outcome on the pup. I understand being busy tho. Write when you can.

Pauly, Happy Birthday! Have a great day and may all your birthday wishes come true!

Not doing anything special today, but will be doing it AF! Happy Hump Day everyone.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning friends, just a quick hello cuz my damn teeth kept me up again, I'm gonna try and get through as much of work as I can and come home and doze,got an dentist appointment for next Friday, gonna call and see if he can move it up,even though I really don't want to go and it's making me emotional and anxious just thinking about it, defo gonna make hubs or Kell come with me, hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Quick hop on --

Trucks came at 6:30 last night, so it was a late move. Put the dogs in the car at 8 AM and drove 45 minutes to my annual gyno exam, now back and heading out to start to unpack my client. I have to get myself and my dogs used to a single-parent household again!

I'll be back this eve - wishing all well today --

Comment

Good afternoon friends!

It's cool in my shop so I am staying put working on some stuff

Star, I hope you day is going well, stay cool!

Eloise, good luck adjusting to the time change. That can be rough, even when it's just a few hours difference.

Dill, the lasagne I make has a cashew ricotta filling. I don't use tofu or any soy products, they don't agree with me. I use nutritional yeast in sauces or anything really that you want to add a 'cheesey' flavor too & it works.
                  Eloise is moving to Asia for a new job - :yay: Eloise!!!!

Pauly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY today & I really hope you can see the dentist soon.

Cyn, always on the move. Will catch up with you at some point!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF rest of the day!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy Birthday Pauly!!! I hope you are feeling better, and hope that you had some fun and good times today! Thanks for being such a great Thread-Mate.

Lav - cooking for Maxie - welcome to my world! But it's great that it helps so much, right? Now that HB is gone, I have all the room I need for the dog food, ha ha! Glad that the storm missed you ---

Star, you sound great. Good for you for attending to yourself on all fronts. So glad you had some museum time. Nice that that your gson called out for you!

Dill - hang in there, you will feel much better soon; use food to heal yourself, and give yourself plenty of love. I read a great quote today from Ram Dass; (I paraphrase) "We are all just 'walking each other home". Isn't that a nice thought?

Eloise - congrats on your job, and best of luck with the time change. I used to do a 'jet-lag diet' which was basically eating really clean, easy to digest food - no fried or fatty food. It helps your liver cleanse itself and be ready to re-set to a different time zone.

Well, I worked again at my client's today -- I am so gratified to hear them say 'we wouldn't have made it without you!". Music to my ears.

Sleep tight everyone, and wishing you a great AF Thursday tomorrow....

Comment

Good morning...

Late start today so just a hello and will hopefully have more time later today or tomorrow am. Have a good one.

Comment

Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.

~ Saint Francis de Sales

Star, I hope you had a good day in spite of the hurried beginning!

Lav, I was thinking when I read that lasagna recipe with the tofu based filling that you had mentioned before that you couldn't tolerate soy products well. I guess I remembered that correctly after all! So far I have been doing well on my diet. (after my initial crash and burn that is!) I am taking a different approach to planning my meals. It's a subtle shift in thinking but it helps tremendously. Instead of choosing a meat as the main item and then planning side items to compliment it, I am choosing the vegetable as the main item and choosing the protein as the side item. I know it sounds simple, but it never dawned on me before! When I think of it that way tho, I tend to make a larger quantity of the veggie. I've been completely eliminating pasta, bread and rice for now. I will include them back in the future but in lesser quantities than before.

Cyn, How wonderful that your move was a success and your client appreciated and complimented you! Well done!

Pauly, good idea to take hubs or Kell with you to the dentist appointment if it is stressing you out. I could easily see something like that knocking me for a loop and causing to buy wine. Don't need that, do we!

Off to the eye doc and then a visit with my neighbor. Have a great AF Thursday everyone!
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning friends, Dill,I have am appointment with the dentist this morning, the pain wasn't letting up so I called yesterday, I'm so worked up over it,gotta get it together!! Just makes me so nervous I don't know why, plus remind me to never take Advil pm if I expect to sleep, it has the same effect on me as benadryl, tired but wired feeling, last night was a piece of poop I'll quit whining, I'm tired of whining, hello Lav,Star and Cyn,will check in later

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening all -

Another day working with my clients - hooray! I love to work, I really do, and it is such a good thing for me. And getting paid - I am so used to working hard but for no money - I prefer this way!

Lovely quote, Dill, thanks. Your mental change in terms of constructing meals sounds right on - good for you! It's so great to start with the vegies. My HB is still confused if I put down a plate without meat - he thinks that 'salad' should only be a first course, ha! Oh well, now he can eat at any one of 3 dozen places within blocks of where he is in NYC. I think he's going to get very spoiled!

Lav - hope you are doing OK, and that Maxie is still doing well.

Pauly - SO sorry that you are still having dental issues - good thing you are seeing the doc - something must be up for such pain to occur. Good luck!

Star - hope your day turned out well.

Well, our foster pup looked like she was totally AWOL again, but then she ate at the house where she's been the last weeks. So, we're still in the game. I'll be responsible for early AM feedings for a few days - that's good, it will get me up and out into the beautiful mornings.

Hot and humid here, but the fan is on and all feels OK... Wishing all a wonderful AF night ---

Comment

Cyn,you should set up a trap for the pup like in the cartoons haha, I ended up not being able to get to work today cuz the dentist ended up pulling my tooth now I hafta get a bunch more work done cuz I neglected it while in la-la land,had to pull out my Lavanitude this morning cuz I wanted someone to drive me up there I was so shaky and scared, finally said"I'm the only one I can count on to take care of me!"and drove just fine! I was actually proud tomorrow night there's an interview on 20/20 with Elizabeth Vargas about her drinking looks pretty good but comes on at 10 here,I'll probably have to record it,hope everyone is enjoying their day

Comment

Good evening friends!

Glad to see you got some dental help Pauly.
                                Keep going back & get your mouth in good order. Once you do it's easy to maintain, honestly.

Cyn, congrats on getting paid - yay!!!
                                It's nice to hear that you love your work
                                I hope the wandering pup settles down soon.

Dill, yep, soy gets my gut the same way dairy does. I found a recipe using cashews to make ricotta substitute & it's really good.
                                I no longer plan meals around meat either. I make a vegan dish first then cook up some meat thing for YB to use as he likes. I just don't want to eat meat every day at this point so I make sure I get some protein from other sources. Whatever works, right?

Star, hope you had a nice day.

Peace to everyone tonight!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X