sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday

morn all...hows things today?it is 4.16 am the man is mad ...fireworks last night scared Jeeves to bits...thermal lined troosers today...so off to find a fortune....ha...Pauly...how comes you are drinking?cmon girl...you know you dont need it...as for s/h issues with your brother?on his knuckles?thats a bit of a strange one..mebbe he has been fighting ,punching walls,or even tattoos?
    hiya tt..how are you today?feeling any better ?
    hiya Nora C havent seen you on here for awhile..thanks for the toof compliment...
    hiya Lav..hope you are ok...Sunday brew time...
    hi ppqp..how are you?when do you hear about the job?

Julie went down to her mum n dads yesterday...not going into detail save to say it was a very sad time...feel so helpless about it..

anyways big shout to all ...have a great day...
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hi there - yes we had fireworks here too, not me but the neighbors did. No bonfires! When I was a kid we used to wear Guy Fawkes Masks - it was quite a big thing, much more so than Halloween.
    Very sorry to hear about Julie's parents and I guess there will be some hard decisions to be made?
    any news PQ?
    Pauly - hope you are sleeping it off.
    Sorry you have been having problems Lav but you sure keep up a cheerful attitude - unlike me. My daughter told me that I would never win the Pollyanna award (not saying thats you either Lav as you dont strike me as a Pollyanna either).
    Brutal realism is my style - but I have to be careful not to catastrophise too much.
    Well elections will be over this week in the US - meanwhile the Brexit exit goes on. The big news here today was that the NZ All Blacks were beaten at rugby by the Irish - apparently its been quite a while since that happened.
    Hope you all are well and for those in the US, exercise your democratic right!

Comment

Morning Mick....thanks for starting the thread before heading out. :hug:'s to you and Julie it is definitely a tough time for you both.

Morning TT...interview went well but I don't know when I'll hear anything. It's got to be soon as boss leaves in 17 days so not much time to train a new GM if it's not me. And I'm putting my foot down about me training the new GM without monetary compensation.

MAE ALL to come....unlike Mick's thermal lined troosers we're sporting tank tops and flip flops here.

Off to do the grocery shopping, will pop in later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Glad the interview was good. It sucks when one has to train someone in a job you should be selected for - but I am sure it won't come to that.
        A new week here - more horrors on the horizon.

Comment

top o the Sunday ABerooos!

Mick, thanks for being the early bird and blasting us into a lovely AF orbit.
          Hoping the treasures are in store for you today.

Pauly you ok? I read yesterday but didn't see anything. sending a PM

PPQ, hope you get some good feedback on the interview very soon.
          I'm applying for a couple sales jobs that cover just the local area. I really like my current
          job but wouldn't mind making a few more shekels.

had a glorious shoot in the mountains yesterday which was super. Today's photo shoot is cancelled due to lack
          of sunshine... boo! so it's off to get the car serviced and get groceries.

be back laterish to check on all you rascals.

be well
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thanks TT....wish I could help with your horrors. :hug:

Thanks Det...good luck with your extra work hunting. Sorry about the sun and getting stuck doing the regular weekend chores. Just finished mine!

Back at ya later abbers.....:smileLPPQP

Comment

Just a quick note.
              Mick - I'm so sorry for what you all are going thru with Julie's parents. If you need a shoulder, you know where I am. :hug:
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                Just a quick note.
                Mick - I'm so sorry for what you all are going thru with Julie's parents. If you need a shoulder, you know where I am. :hug:
                thank you Nora x
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I hope everything is OK with you & yours Mick. I have been through all the aging parent stuff, never easy!
                  Has Jeeves settled down yet? Poor guy!

TT, I am absolutely no Pollyanna, ha ha!! Far from it actually but I have learned (the hard way) that I cannot manage anyone else's behavior or feelings, only mine. I have to do everything in my power to keep myself out of the depression hole - there's tons of wine down there
                  My hopes and/or prayers were answered this morning - my son finally pulled his head out of his a$$ & asked if he could bring the boys over for a visit . So they three of them came over & we had a nice time catching up on the past 8 weeks. My DIL's name was not mentioned by anyone, not even once - perfect. I can only imagine that she must be feeling like a perfect idiot at this point. I am OK with that! I really do not want to see her or hear from her until she is properly medicated or whatever it takes to turn her back into the nice person she once was.

PQ, good news about the interview & I hope you stick to your guns about not training someone without compensation!!
                  So, you git the warm weather now?

Det, are you talking about a second job or switching jobs entirely? Wondering minds want to know, ha ha! Good luck either way

Hey there Nora!

Pauly, come on & jump back on & let us know how you are, please.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night tonight!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, so glad to hear things are working out better.

new job or additional one... I dunno. No idea what i want to be when i grow up really like this job but would be nice to
                    make better money. At least I'm not in panic mode anymore to have some income. whew!

made a nice black bean and pork chili so feeling warm and a lil sleepy.

don't forget to set yer clocks!

zzzzzzzzz
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X