Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Friday the 13th

Greetings Abbers!

I thought we needed a new thread started on this special day, ha ha!
    Friday the 13th can be a good day if you make it a good day, right?

Wishing everyone a fabulous AF day.
    Will be back later

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Mae everybody, aha Lav! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist posting a daily thread I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13,not much to say today,woke up stuffy but who knows, I had so many customers this week that were sick,pisses me off that they come in while sick will wait and see,could just be the weather, much love to all and I hope we all have a wonderful AF Friday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

just a quick jump in folks,hope you are all well...as you can see latest project on the way....got to replace the cistern when its all plastered up and painted ..one of the bolts sheared!!gradually getting it back together,dont feel as weary and tired..have a great day

20170113_151505.jpg

I had my first UFO experience this morning. I walked into the kitchen and said to the missus "Morning fat arse."
      Next thing there were flying saucers coming at me from fcking everywhere!

My mate Paddy told me he robbed a shop last night.
      "What did you get?" I asked.
      "26 pictures," he smiled, showing me. "The cheapest one is worth over £180,000."
      I said, "Paddy, these are from a fcking estate agents."

15895068_1310866155647471_3651854725596310641_n.jpg
      Last edited by Mick; January 13, 2017, 10:25 AM.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi folks. I meant to start a thread and got distracted. So thanks Lav. Good to see you are a bit more yourself Mick.
        Yuk, sick customers Pauly they should stay away.
        I tried to book an appointment with my hairdresser and have to wait until end Feb. She is that popular. Hope I can get a cancellation.
        We are away this weekend. Daughter has another musical festival and we are driving her and friend there and staying in a nearby town. I am not going to the festival. No way. I will go hiking.
        Didn't get much sleep but I can sleep in the car. Esp if she is driving -no, I will have my eyes peeled. . You all have a good weekend. It's already Saturday here.

Comment

Ha, Mick! Love the UFO joke. I see your "I survived" poster, and raise you one. Maybe others have some to share?

Texas Winter.jpg
          Last edited by Pie; January 13, 2017, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Hello all!

Not just the fact it's Friday the 13th but it's a Friday is going to be tough for me. Especially because instead of being able to work on house projects and/or exercise, we're entertaining some friends tonight. Alcohol won't necessarily be flowing, but it's a usual Friday event. Can't tell you the last time I woke up on a Saturday without a hangover.

All day today I've been bargaining with myself: "If husband pours himself a glass of wine, I can have just one. I'll keep it at just one. I'll just match what he's drinking." Then I remember the thousands of times I've told myself that same thing and it always ends in a disaster. So, even if he pours himself a drink. I will refrain. I even bought a fun herbal tea from the store so I can have something 'special' to drink.

Wish me luck as I head into day 3...

Comment

Hi DTBA I wish you strength for tonight, you got this! Enjoy your tea and friends
              Last edited by paulywogg; January 13, 2017, 07:47 PM.
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

That warm spell of a few days is now over & the temp is dropping like a stone - oh well. It was nice to be outside & in the sun without a heavy coat for a few days

Pauly, everyone seems to be sick, yuck. My granddaughter missed school on Wednesday due to a stomach virus. Today the school nurse called me to come pick up my grandson. He had a 102.4 temp & neither of his parents were available. I was on the way to get him when my son suddenly answered my text message & went to get him. Apparently my DIL is out of town somewhere. I hope you are washing your hands frequently......you know the routine. People should just stay home when they are sick

Mick, your project is looking fabulous, ha ha!
                We are doing our best to hold the fort down here in your absence. Hope you continue to feel more like your jolly old self

TT, it took me a long time to feel comfortable in the car with one of my kids driving. I wish you a peaceful but fun weekend. Happy hiking!

Pie, so you are already thru winter huh? Good for you

DTBA, planning to succeed is the way to go. Be firm in your commitment to be AF & don't focus on what other people are drinking. What you are drinking is the only thing that matters! Enjoy the company.

We're supposed to have some very small snow event tomorrow. It had better be small!!!
                Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by dyingtobealive View Post
                  Hello all!....Wish me luck as I head into day 3...
                  Welcome DTBA....We got your back!!! Day 3 is going to be awesome!!! :goodjob:
                  Last edited by porqoui; January 14, 2017, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Welcome, DTBA! Breaking the habit of reaching for alcohol, was the most challenging part for me. So smart of you to have tea ready as a substitute. Substituting something else for an alcohol "reward", is a powerful tool in the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                    X