the day of satur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the day of satur

mae all how are we today then?was going to say all good...but I fear that is not the case for some across the pond...not doing the politics here,but now that the 45th president is in office..I have read his speech....it has been quoted ..as more of a call to arms than a speech to heal divides..in fact it was likened to Mel Gibson in Braveheart by the Federal Post...and look where that got us!!(Scotland)Ive read the whole speech,lot of mixed messages in there,and certainly a lot missing from his campaign trail blurb.

so in time honoured fashion ....a brew..

got a lot done yesterday...did more than I said I would on my morning list,everything is back together in the throne room,sealed tested no leaks...well there were a cple to start with..all thats left is to varnish the skirting doorframe and tile over the pipework..I even managed to dig the garden over too...

mornin snooper dooper hows you today then?have you got anythin on the is weekend ?not on ..but on on if you know what I mean...?????have a good one whatever you do..

hey pauly....hows you today then?we went through /are going through the same sort of crap over here not so long back...dependant on who you talk to depends on what answers you get..best way is to look closer to home ..look after you and yours...you doing anything weekend?

hiya tt ..how are you today?how did the march go?what was it about?as for the mint sorbet....nah Ill stick with the cherry one ta muchly....new haircut ,new look,new outlook?:welldone:

hi SK ...glad you like the car..as for energy food...thats about it at the moment,like pears and apples but they are loaded with sugar..now Ive heard there are good n bad sugars?I am not that up on it...keep your chin up..

hiya ppqp...what a stunt!!!yep Ill look at your computer for lunch...so you go round and stare at a computer while she makes lunch for you..boy Im up for that !!anyone need their car looking at?for lunch?I can do that that one about themint in the garden made me chuckle ...I did the same with bamboo..about 13 years ago I built a pond in the back garden..and around one edhe I planted bamboo which I had bought in a pot but took it out...it went mental growing everywhere...Ive dug it all out of mine over the years ,but it still grows in next doors garden!!glad your job is giving you +ve vibes

hiya Lav...extra big brew for you today...(yep the cup was made in America!!) hope you are feeling better today..are you doing anything over the weekend?Im out detecting tomorrow...

right peeps ..heads up lets have a good weekend..

QUEEN Elizabeth and Dolly Parton die on the same day, and both go before an Angel to find out if they'll be admitted to Heaven.
    Unfortunately, there's only one space left that day, so the Angel must decide which of them gets in. The Angel asks Dolly if there's some particular reason why she should go to Heaven. Dolly takes off her top and says, "Look at these, they're the most perfect breasts God ever created, and I'm sure it will please God to be able to see them every day, for eternity".
    The Angel thanks Dolly and asks Her Majesty the same question. The Queen takes a bottle of Perrier out of her purse, and drinks it down. Then, pees into a toilet and pulls the lever.
    The Angel says, "ok, your Majesty, you may go in".
    Dolly is outraged and asked,"What was that all about, I show you two of God's own perfect creations and you turn me down. She pees into a toilet and she gets in! Would you explain that to me"?
    "Sorry, Dolly says the Angel, but even in Heaven A Royal Flush Beats a Pair No Matter How Big They Are

"Sorry I'm late home," I said as I arrived back from work.
    "Some bloke had lost a £20 note in Tesco."
    "Were you helping him look for it?" asked my wife.
    "No, I was standing on it."

I swear I've just seen Michael J Fox in my local Garden Centre
    Can't be 100% certain though as he had his Back to the Fuchsia.

11781731_1643339022613841_4353867679996448019_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning...

Mick, you are such a hard worker, retired but still working, just at home. I am joining a Women's March today, in protest of our new gov't and their anti-woman anti human rights views/policies. The inauguration speech was a bunch of the usual BS he always dishes out, he is not my president. So good to be AF throughout this, it is going to get worse.

Comment

morning all
      Mick, thanks for the brew and the chuckle. Sending your Dolly Queen joke on to family and friends!

Snoopy, I woke this morning and realized I have to listen/ see/ read about that nauseating person for at least four years and if impeached, look who's next in line. Good on you for going.

off to work, be well good friends
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, love the jokes Mick not much planned for the weekend, work today then probably celebrate an early birthday for my daughter while she's in town, supposed to rain again Sunday so probably won't feel like doing much,its hard taking Louie in and out of places in the rain,he won't keep his beanie on,keep his jacket zipped so I'm worried about him getting sick,we went to lunch yesterday and he had his jacket up over his head to block the rain and nearly tripped on some stairs,so keeping him home is just easier, I watched the whole inauguration off and on all day,was very sad to see the Obama's go and I started crying hard when they flew off haha,just an emotional day I guess,wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday, I hope the everyone marching stays safe around the world
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Our march was in solidarity with the women's' marches in the US but we also drew attention to the inequalities here in NZ for women. There was also celebration.
          Our country was the first in the world to give votes to women 1890s. Ironically that was partly to appease the demand for liquor prohibition. Women here as elsewhere, in the 19th century, were opposed to the harm AL does.
          There were men on the march too of course!
          Last edited by treetops; January 21, 2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

MAE All! Mick your comment about the bamboo going mental made me laugh out loud. Nice going on getting the throne room and the garden done.

I didn't join any marches today, but applaud everyone who did. I think good things happen when we care enough to take (peaceful) action on behalf of ideas and institutions that are important to us. I watched a lot of inauguration coverage yesterday. The tone of his speech felt dark, and angry. Not the start I was hoping for. At any rate, it's clear, (for me), that there are many much better people who could be President. Plenty of worse ones too. So the day left me hoping that the office will somehow bring out the best in Trump, and maybe the best in all of us too.

I took care of a lot of must do's today, including my weekly visit to Dad. The new Iphone he insisted on getting is causing him great frustration, which is sad to see. I need to go out there more often to help him practice.

Greetings to Snoopy, Sam, Pauly, TT, and all yet to stop by.

Comment

pretty damn amazing:

Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

WOW...Sam...thanks for the link!

Early end to the workshop, lots of leftovers from an EXCELLENT lunch and early to bed.

:heartbeat: to all, will see you in the morning...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers!

So a Royal Flush beats a Pair huh Mick?? Ha Ha!!!!
                  Today was better, mostly. Since my daughter & I are still dealing with bum feet we decided not to go to DC. We had spots reserved on a bus but the thought of standing & walking on painful feet for 12+ hours was a bit much. I did watch most of it on C-Span though & it was great. 500,000 women filled the streets in DC today!
                  Not much else going on for me this weekend Mick. Tomorrow night there's supposed to be a big rain/wind event ~ swell.

Sam, the VP is a piece of work too but at least he has some understanding of government. If left in charge maybe, possibly he wouldn't be so stupid? Who knows?

Star, glad you got to your local march!!

TT, it was comforting to see the number of women's marches going on around the globe today. Solidarity rocks

Pie, I really don't see any hope of #45 coming to his senses. He is way too ego driven
                  I am still confused with my iPhone after having one for years so your Dad is not alone. Once he 'gets it' though he will be hooked.

Hi there PQ, Pauly & anyone popping in.
                  Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X