its the sattiday show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its the sattiday show

morn all ..and the weekend is here ....the sun is shining at the mo ..still a bit breezy ,but if this is a storm..have these all day...bought a new ..second hand bandsaw yesterday..one of the table locking levers had been snapped off..bolt,bit of drilling ...good as new ..saved myself about £70..

out detecting in the morning ...so early start...brew time it is..

hiya tt...hows you today?that was an intersting article..pity they couldnt get their act together on more general issues!notice there was no comment from the drinking industry..as for moslems and booze...not far from where swe are there is a large factoiry,which employs a vast number of ethnic if thats the right word workers there are a l arge %of asian workers and also moslems ..and yes Friday prayers shows that ..I also know the guy that owns the little shop close by..he has a fridge in the shop,where they ask him to store their bottles of mix..some NOT all come in buy a 1/2 bottle of vodka,and a bottle of coke /orange and make up bottles of mix ..then at break times they nip out for a slurp....or a dodgy smelling smoke...

as for the 60s/early 70s ...great years!!def my formative ones ...how are you doing now..

hiya Snoops ..yep you are right...sometimes something just clicks and thats it..I tried numerous times then got a severe case of fk it.com..and that was it ..job done..you doing anything this weekend? (my best line that!!

hi pauly...deep breathing ...take it eazee disco queen..have you talked to your hubby about what he is thinking?it may be something else he has got lined up...mebbe hes gonna come n work with you in the hairdressers!!!!!!!!

det ..brill pics mate!!!they are so cool ..literally ..hows you then?any light in the tunnel|?or just some clown with a torch??

Hi sk...chief back zipper upper ...hows you today then?all good..yep sometimes I reckon Julie wishes for a shooter..just doesnt know at times what redecoration she will walk into when she comes home!

Ppqp.na na nan nana..weve got sunshine..........hows you then?glad work is panning out ok...so what books have you got lined up this weekend ?Im on book of the Spartacus series by Simon Scarrow.

hi Lav...glad things are doing good for you..yep sunshine just now ..allegedly snow later! 19 days but not counting...until its a small world time!! 10.5 hr flight...as for finances...the interest rates are so poor on everything..all my peenies are in easy access accounts now ,I dont have to give notice..I could pull the full whack in a couple of days...just in case they ever did what they did in the banks in Greece..basically Im a step up from under the mattress but thats it...brew time ...here you go

hiya pie ..you ok ..?likewise nora starty sam et al...have a great weekend....

A company, feeling it was time for a shake-up, hires a new CEO.
    This new boss is determined to rid the company of all slackers.
    On a tour of the facilities, the CEO notices a guy leaning on a wall.
    The room is full of workers and he thinks this is his chance to show everyone he means business!
    The CEO, walks up the guy and asks -’and how much money do you make a week?’
    Undaunted, the young fellow looks at him and replies, ‘I make $200.00 a week. Why?’
    The CEO then hands the guy $200 in cash and screams - ‘here's a week's pay, now GET OUT and don't come back!’
    Feeling pretty good about his first firing, the CEO looks around the room and asks - ‘does anyone want to tell me what that slacker did here?’
    With a sheepish grin, one of the other workers mutters - ‘Pizza delivery guy.’

An Israeli doctor said, ‘Medicine in my country is so advanced, we can take a kidney out of one person, put it in another and have him looking for work in six weeks.’
    A German doctor said ‘That's nothing! In Germany, we can take a lung out of one person, put it in another and have him looking for work in four weeks.’
    A Russian doctor said, ‘In my country, medicine is so advanced, we can take half a heart from one person, put it in another and have them both looking for work in two weeks.’
    The American doctor, not to be outdone, said ‘Hah! We can take an asshole out of Texas, put him in the White House, and half the country will be looking for work the next day!’

A man walked by a table in a hotel and noticed that three men and a dog were playing cards. The dog was exhibiting an extraordinary performance. ‘This is a very smart dog,’ the man commented.
    ‘He's not so smart,’ said one of the irked players. ‘Every time he gets a good hand he wags his tail.’

A man returning home a day early from a business trip, got into a taxi at the airport after midnight, and while en-route to his home, asked the driver if he would be a witness, as he suspected his wife was having an affair, and expected to catch her in the act.
    The driver agreed, and they both tiptoed into the bedroom, turned on the lights pulled the blanket back and found the wife in bed with another man.
    The husband put his gun to the man's head, and the wife shouted, ‘Don't do it, this man has been very generous. Who do you think paid for the Corvette I said I bought for you and who do you think paid for our new boat…he did!’
    The husband, looked over at the cab driver, and said, ‘What would you do in a case like this?’
    The cabbie smiled, and said,
    I'd cover him up before he catches cold.

A man walks into a bar with a St. Bernard and asks for a martini. The dog requests a double martini.
    The bartender says to the man "So you're a ventriloquist. Big deal. We don't serve dogs in here."
    The man gets up to go to the men's room, and the dog again requests his drink.
    The bartender is amazed. "Good God, you can talk. Will you do a favor for me?"
    The dog replies, "What's in it for me?"
    The bartender goes to the cash register and takes out a $20 bill. "Here's $20.
    Go across the street to Riley's bar and tell the guys in there that they are abunch of wimps and that our softball team will whip their a**es when we play them this weekend."
    The dog goes out. His owner returns and asks "Where's Rex?"

The bartender says "He went across the street to do me a favor." The
    owner is visibly upset and says "I don't let Rex out alone!"
    The dog's owner leaves immediately to retrieve Rex, but Rex is not across the
    street. He is in the gutter in front of the bar going at it fast and hard with
    an Irish Setter. The owner is amazed. "Rex, what's come over you? You've
    never done anything like this before." Rex responds, "I've never had money
    before."

A drunk had been at a pub all night. At last call, the drunk stood up to leave and fell flat on his face. He tried to stand one more time, to the same result. He figured he'd crawl outside to get some fresh air, since maybe that would sober him up. Once outside, he stood up and fell flat on his face. So he decided to crawl the four blocks to his house. When he arrived at the door he stood up and again fell flat on his face. He crawled through the door and into his bedroom. When he reached his bed he tried one more time to stand up. This time he managed to pull himself upright, but he quickly fell right into bed and was sound asleep the second his head hit the pillow.
    He was awakened the next morning by his wife shouting, ‘So you've been out drinking again, have you?’
    ‘No! What makes you say that?’ he asked, putting on his best innocent expression.
    ‘The pub called... you forgot your wheelchair again.’

A farmer was sitting in the neighborhood bar getting drunk.
    A man came in and asked the farmer, ‘Hey, why are you sitting here on this beautiful day, getting drunk?’
    The farmer shook his head and replied, ‘Some things you just can't explain.’
    ‘So what happened that's so horrible?’ the man asked as he sat down next to the farmer.
    ‘Well,’ the farmer said, ‘today I was sitting by my cow, milking her. Just as I got the bucket full, she lifted her left leg and kicked over the bucket.’
    ‘Okay,’ said the man, ‘but that's not so bad.’
    ‘Some things you just can't explain,’ the farmer replied.
    ‘So what happened then?’ the man asked.
    The farmer said, ‘I took her left leg and tied it to the post on the left.’
    ‘And then?’
    ‘Well, I sat back down and continued to milk her. Just as I got the bucket full, she took her right leg and kicked over the bucket.’
    The man laughed and said, ‘Again?’
    The farmer replied, ‘Some things you just can't explain.’
    ‘So, what did you do then?’ the man asked.
    ‘I took her right leg this time and tied it to the post on the right.’
    ‘And then?’
    ‘Well, I sat back down and began milking her again. Just as I got the bucket full, the stupid cow knocked over the bucket with her tail.’
    ‘Hmmm,’ the man said and nodded his head.
    ‘Some things you just can't explain,’ the farmer said.
    ‘So, what did you do?’ the man asked.
    ‘Well,’ the farmer said, ‘I didn't have anymore rope, so I took off my belt and tied her tail to the rafter. At that moment, my pants fell down and my wife walked in...
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Happy Saturday, wishing everyone a great AF day. I am hosting family today and have lots to do.

Mick, love your jokes.

Porquoi, it is amazing what a difference a competent supervisor makes at a job. So happy to hear your stress level is down. Nothing like a cold snowy day to enjoy being in, reading and cozy.

TT, hope you are doing well.

Hello to everyone.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,the jokes were hysterical! Love starting my day with a laugh hubs is trying to do the handyman thing again, so stupid especially when we don't know what the economy will be like in coming months/years,I'm just keeping to myself about it, I've yelled,cried,bitched,etc and he still is leaning towards that, sometimes I wonder why people get married,its supposed to be equal,actually that's a lie its supposed to be MY WAY haha,took Louie,Kell and her bf to lunch yesterday the waitress was a bitch and I felt like stiffing her on the tip but I'm trying to be a better person so I left $5 its something anyways, not looking forward to work today but oh well,I'll make it through I always do,was 70 degrees yesterday supposed to be the same today,we'll see,much love to all and I hope we have a great AF Saturday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi there - money worries for many here thats for sure, especially in the dodgy economic situation at the moment. Our economy has been so crappy for a long time that we sort of are used to it. Like you Mick, I dont have a clue how to invest funds (maybe you have some clues:egad. I am conscious of soon to be unemployed and heading into my senior years and I dont know what to do, I am super suspicious of financial advisors. Have been burned in the past - some of the worst are friends of friends. People say to talk to someone who is recommended and in my experience this never works. Dunno, but lately I have been looking back on some of the advice I was given (and I was advised to seek advice) in all walks of life and its turned out to be a disaster. I am trying to follow my gut feelings more and remind myself that I am sort-of intelligent and capable of doing a lot of the research.
        As for partners Pauly -I had Mr Super Grumperu Depressive at home yesterday cos its Saturday but at least he warned me that he was in one of his moods and we stayed well away from each other. This is one of the hassles with my search for a new job - I probably could get work overseas but he wouldn't be able to get work easily in the places I would go to and he would drive me insane as a stay at home partner in a strange country. Just wouldn't work and it would be financially worse off.
        Its a long weekend here so another day with My Cheerful-Not partner. Daughter is away at the moment. Wise and lucky girl.
        Looks like I have to see the doctor about my shoulder. I am unable to do a lot of things because of the pain so best I have it looked at or start physio. At least in NZ the state pays for all accident related health care.
        Best be off and get some paperwork done. Will have a walk.
        Snoopy - did you ask about the weather here? Its actually summer well sort of - we have summer in Feb. Autumn (Fall) starts March-April.
        Take care PQ, Lav, Det, Sam. Pie and all others!!!!!

Comment

hiya tt...I am not a financial advisor..and have never really dealt with one..my guess on logic would be based on the state of world economy and relationships at the mo..the objective of putting money into something is to get a return exceeding the original amount being put in..some include monthly returns...think of a country that has got a stable economy,has stable trade relations and/or has not been affected by the state of world economics..if you can do that ,then its worth investing...I think you have more chance of finding a green spotted unicorn..you are right..do your own thinking sounds like a devil and the deep blue sea with regards to working abroad hope things sort out over the weekend for you both

UG
          zz big ugz to you
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Ahoy ABerooos!

Thanks Mick for the blastoff to deep orbit today. Warp field is stable and dilithium crystals haven't exploded, so by all indications we'll survive another day. Great job on the bandsaw, I scored one at a garage sale myself and it's super handy.

TT, you are truly intelligent in case nobody has mentioned that recently. Follow your instincts. Women have particularly good instincts to be sure.

if this is the correct pic, it's bunny tracks in the snow

superbowl is tomorrow which is meaningless to me as I don't follow whatever sport that is, although everyone is asking me about it. ack! I'm outta the loop I guess.

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

nope, that one is bird tracks
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

ok, here we go

nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I thought that must have been a bunny with very tiny feet Det, ha ha!!! Great pics as usual!
                  We don't watch the Super Bowl here either - waste of time in my book. I heard a story on NPR today about the sharp increase in the number of ER visits on Super Bowl day. It's mostly men & mostly due to over eating & alcohol - DUH!

Hi Mick, nice on the saw. I think we have a few of those around here (I don't use them, LOL)
                  The finance guy I was talking about is basically doing what we asked him to do. He will be moving some money into faster growing stocks & stuff so we can meet our $$ goal sooner. At this age you don't have all the time in the world left to let your money grow slowly. We plan to keep a close eye on this stuff. God knows what the future is going to look like with bozo the clown in the white house.

Hello SnoopStar, Pauly & TT.
                  I hope some PT helps your shoulder TT One of my shoulders is now crunching when I move - ouch!

I had a visit with my granddaughter this afternoon & lunch with an old friend - perfect day

Hello to PQ, Pie & everyone.
                  Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X