thirzdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thirzdi

morn all ...quick jump in before I go and put my going out face on....:egad:hope you are all well..how are you feeling ppqp?and Sam hows the Guatemala trip going...off to do a few last minute things...but first ...a brew....

and saw this.....

16508235_868443009965423_171239904694707482_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

I just wanted to say "thanks" to everyone for the support. The whole job climate has changed so dramatically that it is scary. I see my mother-in-law with her pension and all her healthcare taken care of due to putting in 30 years as a cashier! Those things just don't exist anymore. I've just experienced and seen too much. I often joke, if I could be successful for 20 years in sales with a freaking hangover--I can do this. It isn't for the faint of heart. I am lucky to have some great mentors who have gone before me. And give me a good kick in the ass when I when I wanted to give up. So glad I didn't---even though there were some starts and stops. It wasn't until I plunked down some cash for a great course that things came together. Things worth attaining aren't easy, much like sobriety. One thing I can say--is that the more I focused on this, having a vision.....AL stays far away from me. I know I couldn't manage this with a hangover!

The therapist was great too. She said "when we talk....this is the only thing that lights you up, so why again would you want to get a job?" She also warned that a job would probably lead me right back to AL. I'm sure she was right on that. The stress and unhappiness would build and its just not freaking worth that.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm getting to bed late. I have one business meeting....but, I am committing to a day off from everything. Catch up on TV shows and sleep.
    Last edited by TheSunFlower97; February 9, 2017, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Good morning...

Lots of winter weather today, well it is February.

Sunflower, good luck in your business, this is the online stuff right? Good for you.

Sam, your poor wife, what a nightmare, hope she gets there today.

TT, good luck on your job search, it is alot of work to look for work, sending you peace and light.

Porquoi, Pie, and Det, have a great AF day.

Mick, hope things are going well.

Comment

Mae everybody, oh Mick that picture haha Sam,I read your post wrong yesterday, I thought it was your daughter having trouble getting there not your wife,did she end up making it? SF,you do sound very positive about the new business adventure Det,you need to check in,this is a time in your life when you really need support, woke up in a bit of a crappy mood,I think work yesterday left me with a negative taste in my mouth,just a bunch of weirdos and it was hard to get through, oh well,much love to all and I hope we all have a great AF Thursday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all
          well the wife has landed.... whew, that was a close call, mighta had to clean house! As it is, interesting being alone for a bit, I'm peeing on the furniture, things like setting the kitchen clock to its proper time, she likes it 22 minutes fast, yes that's 22. Glad she landed safe and sound. Bet she's having a great experience. Out playing tunes tonight.

Mick, when do you leave for Fla?

SF, good luck on your new adventure and journey!

Morning Snoopy, lots of wind but no snow. Shut the greenhouse up last night, it was 70° yesterday!

Hey Pauly, X post,

back to work.
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

day 2 here again. i can't believe it. just nothing to say for myself. apologies all. family is very worried of course. so am i.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi everyone - posting a day ahead of you all as usual. Hope you get a well deserved sleep tonight (your Thursday) Mick.
              How did it go? How are you feeling PQ - getting better? SF - i am not too sure what your plans are but good luck and you seem to know in your heart of hearts what is best for you. And staying AF is key to that plan.
              Pauly - hope your customers are treating you well. I had some compliments on my hair style and appearance yesterday which was a nice boost. I am really pleased with my last cut and color.
              Sam - great that your wife has landed safely in G. and I am sure it will be worth it. Fascinating place butI haven't been there. You behave yourself while she is away!!
              I am sure you are behaving yourself Lav - its the others you have to look out for.
              Snoopy - yes, I am plugging away at the applications. Some of these applications can take days to work on. Each one has to be tailored to the requirements and the letter can be several pages long.
              Det - its important I think that you get support as much as possible at the moment. Have you given any more thoughts to rehab - or is that financially out of the question? You can't do this alone mate.
              Oh well - another meeting, more than a million things for me to do.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Today's snowstorm was a near miss for the most part. Nothing to shovel or plow but that's OK. It has turned very windy & bitterly cold tonight.

Det, we were all very concerned about you. What are you going to do? How can we help?
                You are a young guy & should be looking forward to a healthy & happy future. Please take care :hug:

TT, keep cranking out the applications, one of them is bound to be 'the one'

Pauly, I want to physically move you in a new direction. There must be another line of work that's better for you. let's put our heads together & figure something out!

Sam, did I read that correctly? You are peeing on the furniture? Remind me not to invite you to my house, ha ha!
                Glad to hear your wife arrived at her destination safely.

PQ, how's the weather treating you today? Better I hope!!

SF, sounds like you are moving in a better direction for yourself, that's just great. Wishing you the very best

Mick, that picture is going to be shared, hope you don't mind Ha Ha!!!
                I hope everything went OK today.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sam-glad your wife landed. I certainly didn't want you to have to clean the house

Pauly-I swear the werid ones come together on a bus. It seems like all in one day--its "stupid question or request day" and I didn't get the memo. At least you don't have to bring your work home with you--heehee.

Lav--when the temp drops here, I always remind myself that it is colder in Cleveland My son the other day was complaining that it was all the way down to 52 Then it was 39 this am when he caught the bus---said he nearly froze to death.

Snoopy-thanks--the on-line stuff is what I've been working on the last year. The photgrapher gig is new---but, its great compliment to everything.

TT-I know that applying to jobs is so time consuming. Some I applied for I was like--are you kidding me? This has to be a joke? With your skill set and passion for what you do, I am sure it will shine through.

Det-I think we are all concerned. We just want the best for you. A friend I met at the Refuge meetings recently contacted me as she went to rehab. She had significant time under her belt, but then she fell off the wagon. She has done really well returning from rehab. There are all kinds of rehabs---you no longer have to pick from the standard 12-step ones. Its called addiction for a reason. I don't think anyone can willpower their way through it--something clicks or changes.

During my business meeting the woman I met with shared with me that she and her husband have had some al issues. Him more than her, but as I told her--its not a contest on who is worse. One thing she was doing was blaming the person type of talking. I got her to see---it was the drug that was the problem. After 2-3 it affects all your decision making and you can't just decide "tonight its not going alter my frontal lobe". I told her I don't drink because it messes with my sleep, which messes up the entire next day and cranks up my anxiety. Honestly, I find the simpler I keep it---the more it resonates. And if were to tell her my whole story---I think the message would be lost, because automatically they put you in the alcoholic box and they don't see themselves as that bad. I could tell I was probably the first person who had empathy and didn't just send them off to AA.

Comment

Working...
                  X