tis the sattiday show....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tis the sattiday show....

mae all...howz things today? all good/better I hope...trying to snow here ..out detecting tomorrow...maybe if the weather is ok..cases have to come out of the loft today..so this is the start of the grand packing scheme.. clothes in the case,out the case in the case out...havent got ..do we need ...need to get ,thats old need a new one....same tune different country
    so lets start of with a good ole cuppa joe

hi snoopster hows you then ...its the funny man here ..not sure whether thats funny peculiar or funny hilarious!!hope you have a good weekend..

hiya ppqp ...hope you are feeling better today...whats caused this lot then?Fort Blanket for the weekend ..chuckie egg n chicken soup ..soon have you right as rain

hiya pie hows you then?we are going to Orlando ..its Julies birthday..said to her anywhere in the world ..and she chose Orlando..so we are doing the full hit,all the parks all the tours the full works,she already has the itenary for week 1 ,and also week 2 nearly completed when we meet up with frendz...from what I have seen there is time to go to the toilet on it...if you are quick!!hows you then?and the k9 krew?has your dad worked out how to use his phone yet?

hiya Nora C...how are you doing?I hope things are ok...Ive never been to California...trouble is there are so many places I want to see,and I consider myself as a bit of a traveller...

Gidday tt ...wow youve picked the lingo up....yep they were serious..my opinion ..with everything that has happened she has suddenly thought,do I want to be tied down without having done much in life?She seems ok..her head is pretty much screwed on.hows the job front doing any yes;no:maybes?

hiya pauly ...replied on your other thread post,but..you have clearly shown that you can quit and most of the time you can bin it off ,but on this one hit you didnt..what did you end up drinking?heres a wee suggestion..
    write down:
    what caused it any other ways you could have avoided it...ie exercise shouting dancing drinking af......doesnt matter what it is write it down

what you were drinking ...wine ..beer shots ..is there a no alcohol version..

what was the purpose of drinking ...because you felt the urge to drink ?or get hammered?

how did drinking make you feel at the time? could anything else done the same?

how did you feel afterwards and now? which feels better ..to have had the drink or not had it?

do that and your on your way to writing/planning your strategy if it happens again

YOU WILL DO IT...

Have a great weekend

Hiya Det...never mind the research ..thats like having a cough so you google it..one minute itsa cough ..next its broncitis...self help is great ..if you have a level playing field ..you aint..you need someone to advise talk to listen to you and help you..we can support you, but my giuess is you need more face to face intense help..go get it mate..is divorce defo on the cards?no chance if the booze is binned?

hiya Lost soul ...good morning to you over the water hows about ye?:happy2:

hiya Lav..how are you ..as we speak snowing 2 magpies looking at the feeder saying well??as for your heavy dog..hmm Sandy is heading that way...8lbs ...for a rabbit pretty lumpy...heres a lump free brew!!! hopefully things will start steadying now...its been a bit of a disastrous coupla months but ..fingers xd....

big hiya to everyone else ...Sam you can stop cleaning now!

Working at the post office, I'm used to dealing with a moody public. So when one irate customer stormed my desk, I responded in my calmest voice,"What's the trouble?"
    "I went out this morning," she began, "and when I came home I found a card saying the mailman tried to deliver a package but no one was home. I'll have you know, my husband was in all morning! He never heard a thing!"
    After apologizing, I got her parcel.
    "Oh good!" she gushed. "We've been waiting for this for ages!"
    "What is it?" I asked.
    "My husband's new hearing aid."

Vincent Price is taller than Katie Price, but heavier than Alan Price. I found all of this out on a price comparison website!

For those of you who don't know how to satisfy a woman.
    The G spot is located at the end of the word Shopping.

16472882_1333008033433283_6722597208222546212_n.jpg

12733574_1025451850855571_1391389034699545447_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mornin,

Mick, I don't know how I missed it, so sorry about Amy and her partner calling it quits. That is a big deal, went through a break up with my daughter as an adult and it took time for her to recover and move on, but it was so worth it for her. We are having some weird warm weather today and I am going to enjoy every bit of it, so much easier on me.

Det, keep on posting, we are here for you, meetings are free, are they something you would consider? Isolation is the worst, don't want you to be alone. Do whatever it takes to claim your freedom and health back. :hug:

Sunflower, appreciated your post, full of lots of good things.

TT, great to her from you.

Porquoi, quitting smoking is the best, over a year now and I love how I feel, I wonder how much money I save? It just got to the point of not being able to breathe or take a deep breath and I was done. Chantix has worked for a friend of mine, go for it.

Hello to Sam, Pie, and all to come.

Have a great Saturday.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...doing much better, actually got a decent sleep last night. Not sure what this lot was all about. Felt funny over the weekend and after showing up at work Monday knew I had to go home. Slept most of Monday and Tuesday which probably screwed up my sleep for the rest of the week. Does sound like Amy has her head screwed on right. If it's meant to be it will happen one day. Sounds like you're going to be buy on your holis.

Snoop...thanks for the support. Same here, can't take a deep breath.

Lav...thanks, actually have some energy this morning. Good thing as I'm meeting with my SIL for coffee this morning.

SF...great post, I got a lot out of it. Thanks for the Chantix encouragement that made me feel more determined then ever.

Det...I'll check back later to see if you honored your pledge. :hug:

Must put myself together before I head out. Need to leave early as it could be a challenge getting out of my parking lot. Two feet of snow has melted into mounds of slush! Have a Super Saturday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

MAE All,

Mick, your Orlando plan sounds like a winner. I have fully enjoyed every trip to Disney as a kid, and as an adult. Will look forward to hearing your take. Dad's really not capable of using touch features on the phone. He just doesn't have adequate control of his hands/fingers. Pretty much saw this coming, but he insisted upon having the same type of phone that he sees others using. Canine work is about to pick up with 4 pups coming here to stay next week.

PQ - Yes, I think breathing difficulties would get my attention as well. Maybe it will work like alcohol in terms of deciding that you just don't want cigs in your life anymore. I'll be pulling for you in any event.

Pauly, you have no idea how much respect I have for you in never giving up. Proud to call you, friend. :thumbsup:

Det, if we could wrap up what you need in a box, and FedEx it to you, we sure would. :hug:

SF, such a brilliant post yesterday. I keep re-reading and admire your ability to speak so plainly and powerfully. Thank you!

Comment

Pauly, you have no idea how much respect I have for you in never giving up. Proud to call you, friend.

that goes for me too..and probably everyone else here too
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hear hear Mick. That's what we are about, supporting our mates Pauly and Det.
            So glad I never had the smoking addiction when I read here. But I know many who have quit after a lifetime of the filthy habit.

Comment

Thanks Pi...

Pauly...I concur with everyone else.

Det...you know the same goes for you.

Ttops...at least that's one issue you didn't have to deal with.

Wow...my energy has returned 10 fold. Great visit with my SIL and I'm raring to go. This house won't know what hit it! LOL

Comment

Glad you gave your mojo back PQ

Comment

Hi folks - has anyone heard from Pauly today? lease:
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Greetings ABers near and far,

my goodness, thanks one and all for the great stuff. Been busy on 'self work' which is grand. I normally intend to do it but put it off.
                    It's definitely 'go' time for everything that can help.

Getting out of the house today to see a doctor friend who knows about my struggles and we'll chat about options.

Mick, things with Dx are very bad and seem over but who knows what a good bit of time in the healthy department can do for us?
                    Only good things I'm sure. My work can't afford to be without me in rehab so some intensive outpatient thing is in order.

Lav, you need a wheelbarrow for your dog it sounds.

Ok, loves, off to saute' some veggies.

be well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Doesn't look like she's posted anywhere since yesterday. Maybe someone got a pm.

Check in Pauly....

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We were treated to a nice, sunny, 52 degree day today. Perfect for getting out & doing a little shopping, ha ha.

Mick, happy packing. Don't bother packing winter clothes, Florida should be nice & warm

Hey SnoopStar, I haven't seen Pauly around today, hope she is OK.

PQ, glad you are back in good shape. Sounds like you made up for lost time today

Pie, happy pup sitting next week. I'm not too sure I would have the energy for that at this point, ha ha!

Hi there TT, SF & Nora!
                        Det, glad you are checking in with us. I hope talking with your friend was helpful.

Pauly, please check in with us too :hug:

Wishing everyone a pleasant & peaceful night!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

And a pleasant and peaceful night to you too, Lav!

Comment

Mick we loved Universal. It's my favorite park.

I think I could have summed up my post by saying "I think al is the biggest Ponzi scheme of all time".

Det-so if you had a heart attack and had to be out six weeks your work would have to shut the doors? Work really isn't a great excuse when you have a fatal illness. Would you skip cancer treatment due to work? Whatever DX wants you to do--I would be doing that.

Pauly-hope all is well. Try not over analyze it. The whole thing sucks. Keep it simple. "This sucks" eventually sunk in for me.

Comment

Working...
                            X