its the firzdi fred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its the firzdi fred

morn and evenin all...how are we today then?it really is getting lighter in the mornings over here...5 more sleeps then off on the silver bird....hopefully sunshine n such...this is one really packed trip..keep your eyes on the news ..if its about some foreign guy driving up the highway on the wrong side ...yup ...got it in one...
    so on we go, with a Thursday joe...here ya go..

hiya snoops ...glad you are feeling so chipper ...half the working week gone ..today is pre poets day...you work at a lesser pace today ,getting ready for the poets day tomorrow..pointless working full pelt then shocking your system into an early finish and offski tomorrow...you cant do shock treatment like that ease yourself slowly into weekend mode....

ppqp...hows you then ..wow bit of a performance with the leccy eh?yep various hats wide brimmed ,peaked, hats with pockets and strangely enuff I had packed 2 ponchos..you know the plassy type ones ...got them from poundland for.....a pound ..well done .how is this for strange..I recall paying an arm n a leg last time for a poncho on the wet rides...and I got a fb message last night from my partner in crime..(have you worked out who it is yet?)saying last time they went they paid 8 bux per poncho........so might jist take a suitcase of ponchos...thats a good mark up!

hiya pie...ta for the hat...I will pick it up on the way in...how are you doing?hope all is well in piesville.

hiya pauly...as Lav says you would defo know if you had gastritis...could be anything from indy jestion to spicy food ...take some gaviscon,tums setlers anything like that..apart from that how are you?well done on the $100..its not neccesarily about morals or honesty ,but our own individual levels of integrity and morality...

hi sk...the prince and the clown?nice comparator...wow that is sure a big difference in price for the dentistry..trouble is I have been going nearly every week for a year now,so Id be pretty jet lagged!!and to give the dentist I saw,his due ..he is a perfectionist..(certainly had his work cut out with my face) as I recall prices are (ish) implants $1250 ,crowns top quality $800 though there are cheaper ones...do you have to go back at all?

hiya Lav hows you then?better now that you have had you teeth glued up again?Ive already got a hygiene visit on the cards...the teeth aint been in my face that long....yep we had the chance of lettuce thru winter too,tho cant think of anything I would like better when its snowing and blowing a gale.....just what you need to warm the cockles of your heart...here you go a large cup o joe..

cup of joe....

Well, there are 4 popular theories about the origin of this phrase: One is in regards to Josephus Daniels, who was Secretary of the Navy. On the month of June, 1914, he banned all U.S. Navy ships from serving alcoholic beverages. The sailors weren't too thrilled with the decision, because they had to resort to the next strongest drink on the list, which was coffee!

Since Josephus Daniels was the one responsible for banning alcohol and "forced" everyone to make the switch to coffee, the sailors nicknamed the drink after him, thus it became "a cup of joe," Joe being short for Josephus. That's the theory anyways.

However, a more plausible theory comes from Snopes, where it's explained how the word "joe" can simply mean the average man. For example, perhaps you've heard someone say: "I'm just an average joe." That means he's just an every day, ordinary kind of guy. Therefore, a drink involving the word "joe" would show that the drink is for the common man, or the average person.

Another theory suggests that US soldiers in World War I (1914-1918) referred to a serving of instant coffee made by the G. Washington Coffee Refining Company (founded in 1910) as a "cup of George", and that the common abbreviation of the name "George" ("Geo.") was then read as "Joe"

Possibly a shortening of "cup of jamoke", from java + mocha: this origin was given in a military officer's manual from 1931, around when the term first appeared

see what you learn here eh?

just back...been feeding the laterst additions at the back fence!!

20170216_082935.jpg

have a great day yall

In Kentucky, what do divorces and tornadoes have in common.
    Either way, someone is going to lose a trailer.

Why do the Scottish wear kilts?
    Because a sheep can hear a zipper from like a mile away.

What did the Buddhist ask the hot dog vendor?

“Make me one with everything.”

You know why you never see elephants hiding up in trees?

Because they’re really good at it.

What is red and smells like blue paint?
    Red paint.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Where does the General keep his armies?

In his sleevies!

Why aren’t koalas actual bears
    The don’t meet the koalafications.

A bear walks into a restaurant and say’s “I want a grilllllled………………………………… ……cheese.” The waiter says “Whats with the pause?”
    The bear replies “Whaddya mean, I’M A BEAR.”

What do you call bears with no ears?
    B

Why dont blind people skydive?
    Because it scares the crap out of their dogs.

I went in to a pet shop. I said, “Can I buy a goldfish?” The guy said, “Do you want an aquarium?”
    I said, “I don’t care what star sign it is.”

What do you get when you cross a dyslexic, an insomniac, and an agnostic?
    Someone who lays awake at night wondering if there is a dog.

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel on his pants, a peg leg and a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says, “Hey, you’ve got a steering wheel on your pants.”
    The pirate says, “Arrrr, I know. It’s driving me nuts.”
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning all, have a good one.

Comment

morning all,
      thanks for the cup of now I know why they call it Joe, Mick. Sounds like you're geared up and ready to rock & roll on to the fla-fla land. My grandpa used to live at Clearwater Beach in the 60's. Always fun going to visit him. One of his odd quirks was to go to a specific store because something was cheaper all away cross town instead of buying everything in one place, such certain items in a grocery store. My dad always wanted to go to the last store first and be done with it!

Morning Snoopy, how's all in your world today?

The wife gets home Saturday, reckon I'd better start the vacuum up. Done pretty good with the dishes, not too many clothes laying around.

have a good one all.
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...yup, figured out who your partner in crime is. With your side poncho business you should be able to pay for your return flight! LOL Yup, will be watching the news for the crazy driver on the highway.

Snoop...morning and same to you.

Sam...good for you on keeping up with the dishes. Planning ahead is good, Saturday will be here before you know it.

Off to see what condition the community centre is in. Have a good one all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, great list of jokes Mick..thank you Sam,glad you didn't destroy too much of the house,Hi Star,PPQP,I can't believe that happened!wonder how much water damage there will be,yikes,I dunno what's up with my stomach, its defo not severe but it feels irritated by certain things almost too much acid feeling, maybe my gallon of coffee a day haha but that's never gonna stop PQ,be careful going on that Chantix for the smoking, I was reading something last night about medication and it had some wacky SE's but of course not everyone gets SE's,just when I read it,you popped into my head,I guess Louie got a guinea pig yesterday,told Kell good luck with that..she didn't want to but her bf doesn't listen,she knows cuz we had them and they're loud!$20 says it ends up at my house within a month Det,no bachelor mode for you,I like recovery mode like PQ says Pie,what's the weather like where you are? SF,hope you have time to check in later,much love to all and I hope we all have a nice AF Thursday(too many smilies!!)
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

TT,hope you check in today too

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, we've been enjoying some cool, dry air for a few days. Set to warm up into the 80s again by Saturday though.

Love the Buddhist hot dog joke, Mick!

Comment

I'll be a thread hog PQ,how bad was the damage?Pie,been warm here too but rain tomorrow, Louie's guinea pig is black and brown and he named it Guinea Kell sent me a video of him talking for it and cuddling it,at least he's happy,cut this lady's hair today and she had the most adorable baby boy with her only 2 months old,I guess she had to take custody of him cuz her daughter is addicted to meth,so heartbreaking, lovely lady though and I caught on to her Irish accent so proud of myself for that haha but I told her she's a great person for taking the baby in cuz she's in her late 50's,had to quit her job to watch him,she thanked me and said when she was in family court the judge said a lot of grandparents won't take the kids and they end up in foster care,so sad,just made me grateful today for some reason anyway hope everyone is having a nice night/day/sleep

Comment

ahoy ho ABerooos!

Mick, thanks as usual for blasting us into AF orbit.

PPQ, yes I'm in bachelor mode. Took DX to the airport at 4am on Wed. so I'm a loner for a month. then she comes back and we'll see where I'm at.

I thought I was tired yesterday. hooo boy. After the wind storm last night I didn't get squat for sleep so I'm barely keeping my eyelids open. Going to be another early one for garlic breath.

nice thing about being solo is I can make food a spicy as I like it yep, I do love hot spicy foods.

well, off for a short relax, then AF dreams.

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

It's getting late but wanted to check in with everyone

Mick, I think those birds came from my neighborhood - they are everywhere around here. Thanks for the cup of joe & the explanation of it's origin. I have heard many stories about that too.

Sam, warm weather promised for the weekend. I think my grill is going to get a work out

Hi SnoopStar, Pauly & Pie!
                    PQ, wow, you are really dealing with the effects of melting snow, geez! I hope all the important stuff & the people stay safe. You stay healthy now yourself!

Det, stick around with us now, we are your virtual family & we care, OK?

It wasn't an exciting day by any means but I am grateful it was AF.
                    Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Det...yes I know you're batching while Dx is away but you need think of it as recovery mode not bachelor mode. Don't look at it as being a loner for a month, look at it like a whole month of opportunity to work on what you really want for yourself and get some plans in place before Dx returns. I really want you two to make it. :hug:

Pauly...all's good at the centre. Turns out the water was flowing into an electrical conduit located outside of the building so of course just followed the wiring into the basement. I'm surprised that everything wasn't shorted out! Fans in the room with carpet overnight, you'd never know there had been water in there. Dug little trenches to divert the water away from the conduit till the city gets out to raise it, really wanted to make little paper sail boats!

Pi...we've been in the high 50's, hence the melting. Calling for "some" snow on the weekend but I think we're basically done with frigid temps. So much for the Shinny Hockey program, it's a swimming pool in the hockey rink! All I have to do now is stop the avid gardeners from planting too soon.

Lav...thanks, I'm going to know how the lab runs better than the staff pretty soon. Doing the right thing and nipping anything in the bud.

Boss and Program Coordinator away tomorrow so it'll be like old times sake, just me. LOL
                      Hope everyone has a peaceful night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                        PQ,be careful going on that Chantix for the smoking, I was reading something last night about medication and it had some wacky SE's but of course not everyone gets SE's,just when I read it,you popped into my head
                        Thanks Pauly...well aware of the SE's and my twin is concerned about depression. I have actually booked appointments with a Behavior Therapist (no charge, covered by our provincial health care) who will help me with the smoking cessation. She will also help me to deal with/talk about all the stresses currently in my life and help me develop a coping strategy. Any and all appointments/talks will be shared with my family doctor if it's deemed relative to my over all health. I really wish something like this was available for Det.

Comment

Working...
                        X