Saturday March something-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday March something-2017

I'll try this much love to all and I hope we all have a fabulous AF Saturday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Re: Saturday March something-2017

yeeeeeh..well done pauly...its defo saturday the sumfink..youve stepped right up ..hows you ...bit busy this morning...went to bed early o clock ...woke up at 1 tried to read ..nope ..not hapnin...so got up...and nodded off downstairs..went to shops ,got bitz n batz and some plants for the garden..so Ive replanted up the pots at the front door and the hanging baskets and cleaned the garage and tidied up the garden...all the stonework needs jet washing so thats mondays job..
    reading he bit about the blood pauly..dont know..but one thing I do know ..is that if you were drinking you wouldnt be as healthy as you are now..

hiya tt...have you met my new stand in pauly?all she needs to do is learn to write with a scottish accent...hows your weekend doing?whats cooking ?anything?..n o not literally!!

hiya ppqp...are you still mattress dancing?or have you got up?...Julies dad looked quite healthy yesterday,mind you everyone is on his case!so your health care varies in different county/states?dont you be going down with the cold in this weather ...stick to duvet divin...

hiya Lav....how are you then...late brew?you ok with that?glad you had a good day yesterday..saw a pic of the snow...gd might have been impressed but the dog didnt look too impressed...

Det good to see you mate...even tho you feel a bit shaky..the point is though..you are willing to try anything to give up the booze...so lets see if we can get it together with and for you..I think the first thing is...be honest...mainly with yourself,get a strategy put together...write it down,and let us see it ..either that or pm someone with it to look it over..thats the first point...secondly keep a diary or note book no one is ever going to see it unless you show it them...but record everything in it how you feel ,what you did when you wanted a drink etc.. if you casn,get a sponsor on this thread ..or even a couple ..someone you can talk to via pm etc...thats not being sneaky or anything like that its just more support..I konw Byrdie had Lav,I had Byrdie ,Floss and Jacs ..as time goes on you feel honour bound not to let them down either..and the other thing ...no means no ..its not sorry folks I had a drink ..its guess what I didnt drink! You will crack this....

hi SF what a great time clock ...dog barks..no work!impressed that you can make that separate distinction...good for you..

right peeps ..pie sam et all..Im offski have a good un...

You know you might be a redneck woman if:

There’s a spit cup on your bedside table.

You have more than one fur coat – all home made.

When something should be stored cold, you put it in the shade.

You see family reunions as a good chance to meet boys and your mother agrees.

You've ever had to get financing for a tattoo.

You’ve been married three times but your in-laws are still the same people.

Preparing a bubble bath involves beans for dinner.

Your fridge and you weigh is roughly the same.

You owe money at the dollar store.

The school encourages you to stay away from PTA meetings at your son’s school.

You can burp your name.

When you say “Look, a dead bird” to a redneck, chances are he will look up.

Q: How to tell you’re at a redneck wedding?
    A: Nobody knows which side of the church they should sit in.

How can you tell that a fax was sent by a hick?
    The stamp gives it away.

How can you break a redneck’s nose without getting into a fight?
    Put a 50 dollar bill under a glass table.

Q: How can you be sure a toothbrush was invented by a redneck?
    A: Anyone else would have named it a teethbrush.

A recent scientific study showed that out of 2,293,618,367 people, 94% are too lazy to actually read that number.

Police officer: “Your car is too heavily overloaded. I simply cannot let you continue like that. I’m going to have to take away your driver’s license.”

Driver: “You’re kidding me, right? The license can only weigh one ounce tops!”

Are you two twins?

No, why do you ask?

Because mommy dressed you both in the same clothes.

OK that’s enough, your driver’s license please.

Insurance clerk: "Where were you born, Sir?"

Man: "In the United States."

Insurance clerk: "OK, and which part?"

Man: "My entire body."

Just came home from a training session. Two hours on the treadmill did me really good. If only I could somehow stop the constant beeping and the irritated comments of the cashier.
    Last edited by Mick; March 11, 2017, 02:49 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning Pauly.

Mick "you want grits with that"? Did you enjoy any new or different foods while you were in FLA?
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Originally posted by SKendall View Post
        Morning Pauly.

Mick "you want grits with that"? Did you enjoy any new or different foods while you were in FLA?
        wasnt too keen on grits...tomatoes and eggs with peppers in them ..lovely.. syrup and waffles yup... Petes hot sauce ..yup, plus there was a lot of African food tajine ,fried plantain,boereswors, chakchouka and my fave pudding ...banana bread and chocolate pudding ...with vanilla sauce
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

hi ABsters,

Pauly, thank you for starting us up. hope you're feeling great.

still going through some shaky bits here but another day AF. yes i will kick this dammit. I have no choice and need more tools. I'm not opposed to sponsors, that sounds good. I have to check my inbox and figure out how to delete old messages. Going to a men's support group on Tue if there's room. they limit it to 10 guys. waiting for calls back.

Mick, it sounds like no diet when on vacay for you, and some fun ethnic fare to boot. nice.

SK, hope you are feeling better?

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det,a men's group sounds great,hope you get a call back spoke too soon on being allergy free I'm so super stuffed yesterday and today,feel ok in the morning but the afternoon is hell

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

awww, no fun with the allergies Pauly. i never take meds for them because they make me feel so weird.
              that sounds funny coming from a binge-drinker. egad.

If i find a mixed group, that's fine too. this one just happened to sound really good.

well, I cleared out my inbox and also started on a diary with first entry in the books.

i can't leave any stone unturned in this fight
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det,that's exactly how I am with the allergy meds,they either give me anxiety or just an funny feeling and that's just the regular stuff I'd hate to see what would happen I'd I took the ones with added decongestants! You do whatever it takes to help beat this crap,I know you have it in you

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Cold today in Lav-land. We are getting warnings about a huge storm heading this way Monday night into Tuesday. I heard there could be a foot of snow coming down, hope not.

Pauly, allergy problems? We have them here too despite the cold air. I don't bother with allergy meds, they don't seem to help much. Are you keeping up with your probiotic? They can help reduce symptoms.

Mick, still not on a regular sleep schedule? You will catch up at some point.
                  We get to turn our clocks ahead one hour tonight before we go to bed & lose an extra hour of sleep, ha ha.
                  My smaller dog doesn't mind the snow but it does interfere with her sniffing ability. You know how beagles are, Lol

Hi SK, hope you are well.

Det, sounds like you have the beginnings of a plan there, good for you.
                  Does the group you are interested in have sponsors available. That could be very helpful for you.
                  Hang in there, we love hearing from you.

Greetings to the rets of the crew & wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Just checking in before heading back under the comforter.
                    Det...it does sound like you've made some good choices. Hang in there, you'll get through this.

Will check back in the morning and chat with you all then.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Ugh! I took a nap at 5p! Mainly because I was disgusted with myself because a friend called to invited me to go out to see a songwriter at this super cool club---and I was too tired to go. WTF--am I entering old lady stage! Hubby is hard to get out these days. At 55 you'd think he was 85! Anyways--this friend is my age and single for the moment. So she is feeling a bit lonely and I'm dying to make plans to go so shit. So her and I are going to make a list and start "living" a little. TN is a gorgeous state..and I've never been to the Opry. She isn't a drinker---which makes it nice.

We got snow! And then it melted!

Det--I was always a bit jealous of men in AA. Mainly because they seemed to have a tighter bond and had each other's backs in a way the women didn't. A mixed group is still going to have more men. Any meeting would do---waiting until Tuesday? Most places have 24 hour clubs and I know people who just hung at them for hours as a safe place. There are meetings 24/7---meaning yes--there is one at midnight! I would head out to as many as possible. It is a safe place to be--and surrounding yourself with real live people who know what the fuck you have gone through and are facing--well IMO that is better than any therapist!

Comment

Working...
                      X