thirsdi..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thirsdi..

mornin all..howz we today then?all good..?
    dentist yesterday..I snapped an implant tooth,,so the whoel shebang has had to come out ..nother one getting made..fingers crossed for Friday...weather gawjus here,ghink its summer this week ..just built a cupboard in the van and put some shelves in..rabbits are doing ok..Panda is settling down tho they havent worked out who the boss is yet!!she is coming into the house now..
    brew time it is

hiya snoopster hows you then?I concur with the views on corporate working..for 25 years,I lived breathed dreamt and ate security in prisons..and to put not a fine point on it ,Iwasnt too bad at it...all sorts of people would ask for advice and help on operational planning be it covert surveillance use of informants preventing escapes drugs assaults physical ,and procedural security. i had was pretty much up there at the top in that field...but there was a price..that price was my health,the sneaky drinking,family life,I certainly wasnt the nicest person in the world..I got out fortunately before it was too late,and for the first few months it scared me..No longer was I the big I am ,I was me,no one gave a rats ass whether I could write a strategy, or the operational requirement for managing an informant.the early days were a bit tough..Now ??I am too busy living to be interested in anything like that ..I have no interest in it other than a passing oh really..and the usual ...wasnt like that in my day crap..my life has lot more in it now than it ever did previously,I work hard now,but its work I enjoy,
    you can translate my story into Lavs story ,SF you ..any of them life is for living not working..you work to live...wow where did that one come from..

morning det ,how are you/dentist?yep he is a nice guy ..but not to the estent I need to break my teef to go see him..hope your day goes well.

hi ppqp...no thyroid thingy ..good for you...so you are growing cauliflower?good for you..Ive never had a lot of success with it ,watch out for root fly and butterflies!!

hiya tt ....missed your post about so cal..need to check it out...hope all is ok

hiya Lav ...brew time ..you ok .?so whats in store today then?owt or nowt?..at least you are your own boss now and can do as you wish..lot to be said for that.have a good day

lotsa peeps missing ..hope you are all ok..have a good one...

My kids are accusing me of having a "favourite child"
    Which is ridiculous ....
    Because I dont like either of them.

"Push harder!" I shouted to my wife whilst she was in labour. "Fck off you bstard!" She screamed back at me. Bit harsh I thought, it wasn't my bloody fault the car broke down on the way to the Hospital!

I left my phone at home this morning, I've just nipped home at lunchtime to pick it up and my wife had sent me a text at 9:38am saying:
    "Hi hun, you've left your phone in the kitchen"
    What the feck am I still doing with this woman?

I want to stop smoking so my mate said to me, "try the E things."
    It's not worked, I'm still smoking but now I can't stop dancing.

My wife wanted a new ring for her birthday. I went a little better and got her 4 new rings, or a hob as it’s more commonly known.

My mate went to get a tattoo of an indian on his back. Half way through he said, "Don't forget to put a big tomahawk in his hand." The tattooist said "ffs give us a chance mate, I've only just finished his turban!"

This guy from across the road was talking to me earlier.
    “My wife’s just told me she’s been having an affair with Dave the milkman,” he confided.
    “What? That fat ugly git I see every morning outside your house?”
    “Yes,” he laughed, cheering up.
    “Why would Dave the milkman want to get involved with that?”

Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties. She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all. One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea.
    As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a cut-glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated, of all things, a condom! When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat.
    The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and He could no longer resist. "Miss Beatrice", he said, "I wonder if you would tell me about this?" pointing to the bowl.
    "Oh, yes," she replied, "Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through the Park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it would prevent the spread of disease. Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter?"

BBQ RULES:
    We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
    (1) The woman buys the food.
    (2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
    (3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
    (4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.
    Here comes the important part:
    (5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
    (6) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.
    (7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat
    Important again:
    (8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
    (9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
    (10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes
    And most important of all:
    (11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
    (12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ', and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women

20170510_191145.jpg20170510_190849.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: thirsdi..

Good morning all...

Nothing big on the agenda today.

Mick, hope that tooth is fixed/replaced quickly! Good to hear you adjusted to life with different work. It does take time, I am still trying to find the new normal. I do like time to do what I choose to do and not getting so tired out.

Sunflower, you hit the mark when you said the work environment went on about how we all work as a team/family and it was not true at all. Getting thrown under the bus was a horrible experience one I do not want to re-experience again. Life is too short.

Porquoi, have a good one.

Det, good to hear you are on the healing path....take care.

Hello to all have a good one.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick sorry about the broken implant jokes were great,thank you,big waves to all and I hope we all have a great AF Thursday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...good to see you. Hope you're doing ok.

Snoop...nothing was on my agenda today either. it was a pretty quiet day at work which made it drag on.

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. Thought I'd answer the thread from bottom to top tonight. LOL How did you manage to snap an implant? Something you were eating? Update pics on the van as you go please. Made plans for the first trip yet? Panda is so cute, glad she's venturing indoors already. Who do you think is going to end up being boss? Any statistics on it being the new comer or the incumbent? Hope you're pacing yourself with the SIL garden.

Chinese food is ready so off to eat. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Heya ABsters near and far,

Mick, thanks for the nice bootup as always. I'm guessing you snapped the implant doing carpentry? just kidding.

Sunflower, how did your fridge picture turn out? great idea btw. creativity is something too many grownups leave behind.

Pauly! hows my quit buddy? looking forward to a much better weekend myself

Shouts to Snoopy and PPQ.

really felt like Friday today, oh well just one more to go...

Lav, you busy having fun I hope?

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Well, it wasn't THAT much fun today Det but it certainly was OK
            Still dealing with chilly & damp weather here, kind of ridiculous really. Geez, I can't believe you may be looking for another job so soon, sorry to hear that. Get your camera ready & take a leap into the creative world - why not?

Hey PQ, Chinese sounds good except the sodium content gives me problems. I love a good lomein

Pauly, we are happy to see you back. Settle right back in, you know what to do!

Star, your head would spin if you could see how quick the turnover rate is for nurses in hospitals. They work you until you drop, kick you out of the way & grab the next in line. There was no 'family love' there, ugh. Be your own best friend & advocate, do something you love to do in the future.

Mick, I also want to know how you managed to snap an implant? Biting rocks??? What? Geez!
            The bunnies sound like they are right on schedule to accepting one another, nice. Enjoy that decent weather 7 please send some here.

Hello to the rest of the group & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mick I can understand that loss of "identity". We spend so much time at our jobs it becomes who we are. Then when we leave the scenerio, you are left with..."who the hell am I now?"

I had a back tooth come out and they wanted to do an implant. I said no because I have heard of so many people having issues--and you can't see it anyways. I does make me feel a little "hillbilly".

Snoopy--I've been thrown under buses more than once. It is unbelievable what people will to do. I think the first really "as a family" job I have had is at the health food store. We've had people who have had serious health issues and people willingly give up there ALL their paid vacation time to help them out financially. You still have a few bad eggs, but it isn't on the level that I have witnessed in the corporate arena. Give some thought---I on a whim applied at the store because "why not"---cool place, cool people---and I can't believe I've been there over a year now. It has been a key factor in changing my mindset. There is a good book called "The Simple Living Guide" by Janet Luhrs. It was written awhile back because she talks about "pagers and car phones"...but the wisdom is timeless. Its not about giving up shit---it is about living in line with your values. Its a long book--which is funny because of the title. But I am getting more out of it this time around. She talks in a language that I "get" vs. some other books on the topic. I have come to appreciate words and delivery. This one resonates right where I am in my life.

Det-instead of drawing pictures I got creative with my soooo professional resume. The one I really wanted to write. Biggest weakness-ass kissing. Then I have ridiculous lists of duties---that are more on target with what was the "real deal" vs the dressed up made up one. One I have...strategized daily with management while getting drunk at the bar

Lav-nurses really do have it tough. I have a friend who mid-life changed to nursing and she is about 5 years in and just scaled back to part-time. I can tell she is worn out. It is too bad---because it truly is such a great profession and the ways things are run it just wears them out.

I need to weed out the back of my closet with all those business clothes I am never going to wear again. I need to find the local drop off place for women who are trying to get decent jobs but can't afford the wardrobe. Which I am glad to be saving tons of money on.

We are getting a beautiful storm tonight. Looking forward to some hot tea and a book.
              Last edited by TheSunFlower97; May 12, 2017, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X