X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joyous June

Good evening friends!

The house is quiet once again
    I think I was lucky in that my kids pretty much ignored each other growing up, ha ha! One girl, one boy & nearly 4 years age difference made for a much quieter house. Plus my kids knew they had two parents working shift work so there were definitely quiet times that had to be observed! Anyway, we all survived!

Star, glad to hear you liked your pasta dish, my favorite food ever!
    Even though we have all these fresh eggs I rarely ever eat them (feel guilty about my cholesterol level). Yesterday I went ahead & made a vegetable quiche, using 4 eggs & coconut milk & a ton of veggies including zucchini right out of the garden - YUM. If I can make something dairy free then I am certainly going to do so. I hope your long trip went OK today.

Cyn, I think you need a solo vacation at some point just so you can have some peace - geez! I'm glad you are enjoying your place. My daughter & her family are enjoying Vermont. Last night she said it feels like Switzerland (we both loved Switzerland).
    Maxie is just getting weaker to be honest. Our vet is making a house call Friday afternoon so I'll see if there is anything else we can do for her. It's getting so hard on all of us.
    Glad to hear your doggies are doing better.

Pauly, it seems our kids grow into their own people & not necessarily what we thought they would be but that's OK. I think that's a really hard part of parenting. Somehow or another we need to just let them figure it all out.

Have a nice night everyone!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning everyone...

Cyn, good to hear from you, sorry about the family drama. How nice to be able to see the water! Lovely. Are you on the kind of vacation where you have to prepare meals? Those are busy ones.

Lav, our trip yesterday was pretty but grueling. Six hours in the care for a half hour appointment, whew. We went to a Mexican restaurant as it is easy to eat veggies there, but they of course cook everything in oil and oh boy, it sure tastes different then when you cook in broth. Greasy. I made a good potato taco dish and it was amazingly tasty. Loving the new recipes. This is so interesting. My friend from work called me and shared that my former boss has resigned. I am floored, something was going on with her. I will find out more today as we are meeting for lunch. I feel vindicated in some ways so if I look for another job I can say that the center was not going in a positive direction and there is currently all new management.

Pauly, I agree, I wish my son had it more together in all life areas but love him deeply and want to be there if he needs me. In a healthy way, of course. It sounds like both our kids have made progress, but not straight line progress, more roundabout.

Have a great AF Thursday.

Comment

Morning friends,Star that's interesting news,I wonder why she resigned? Still tired so hello Cyn and Lav wishing us all a great AF Thursday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends,

The warmer & more humid air is making a return, oh well. I am a much happier person when it's not humid, ha ha!!

Star, sorry about that long trip yesterday. I hope that's not something you will have to do too often.
          Interesting about the resignation. You should feel vindicated but it doesn't exactly fix things. Maybe they will offer you another position? You never know.

Pauly, why are you so tired? You are too young for that (says the person who was always tired at your age)
          I feel a bit tired at times but it's usually due to something like my old dog getting me up. Last night she had me up 5 or 6 times, I lost count. This is getting to be way too much unfortunately.

Cyn, I hope your vacation is going well. My daughter & her family made the trip home from Vermont today, they really enjoyed their stay.

Have a nice night everyone. I am hoping for more sleep.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

I guess after I left at my former job, due to the way I left, being treated so badly, the boss has then started pointing her venom towards others, several people are causing unrest, gossip, etc., and she is interviewing for another job, while another person high up quit, giving short notice. So, the place is a mess, and the boss does not know how to fix it. She is an anxious mess and knows she cannot do the job. My theory: she took on too much as she loves to feel important and control everything and everyone, she did not engage in self care, no vacation for over a year, and she thinks she knows everything and is always right. Not a good combo for a manager. Mental instability. It was not always like this though. So, the lesson I have learned from this is to make sure to have balance, take good care of yourself, and don't try and do everything. You just can't. Also, humility. She really thought she knew everything, had all the answers, her way was the only right way. Being humble and admitting you need help or looking at another person's point of view makes sense.

Lav, the weather is hot and humid again, so it is coming your way. The doctor has to see him 4x a year, so it is alot. Our medical system is so messed up I don't even know what to say. So he goes in and they immediately take his blood pressure, it is high and he asks about being able to sit still and explains good blood pressure readings at home when he follows instructions. A little while later the doctor re takes his blood pressure and it is better. What a bunch of hooey. I am so glad we bought the HBP monitor and he has taken it at different times for the last two weeks. I feel like a rant as I just watched a documentary about health and eating and all the major organizations like American Cancer Society, Breast cancer, diabetes association make recommendations that promote food that causes the diseases they say they want to cure. Very scary. I am sure you saw some of them too. Nice your daughter had a great trip. My daughter is going away for a week, I will miss her.

Pauly, you are due for a vacation, a break, some time off or something. Maybe a long weekend for self-care? With all that is going on it is expected you would feel exhausted/tired. Plus the extreme heat can take it out of you too. Hope you feel better.

Cyn, have fun.

Great Friday AF to all.

Comment

Morning friends,Star sounds like a mess! Yep its true we need to balance our lives,in cases like your former boss though I think ego and wanting the accolades so bad they push themselves to the limit instead of realizing that they're human too,when I go up for my brother's celebration of life I'm gonna make a point to go to the lake,at least its kind of 'beachy' for Lou get some sun and relax,I'm really a bit worried about the alcohol thats bound to be around, just not in the mood for that crap! Lav,recipe zounds good Cyn hope you're getting some rest AND fun,wishing us all a happy AF Friday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends,

Well, today is our 44th anniversary, believe it or not. I think there's a good possibility of making it to 45, ha ha!!!!
                Life certainly does not go as planned. It does not move forward in a straight line. There's hills & valleys & plenty of bumps along the way. WE have both had some pretty serious bouts of depression & related shitty behavior BUT we are still here. That's what I have learned so far

Star, all it takes is one person with a way too big ego to upset the entire applecart. I hope the organization can heal & get going again in a healthy way!
                We absolutely have to learn as we go along - there's no such thing as 'knowing everything'. That's what's at the bottom of my DIL's issues. A major case of insecurity (from her adoptive status) & a damn master's degree that she thinks makes her invincible
                Keeping an open mind & a willingness to keep learning & growing is the best stabilizer I know.
                Take care in the heat & humidity, it's getting gross here. I found my B/P starting to climb a little this week & actually woke up with a headache this morning so I took the PRN diuretic I have & I can feel it getting better. My B/P is usually higher in a medical office - a phenom known as White Coat syndrome (perfectly normal). I believe 100% that we can make or break ourselves with our diet! Keep doing what you are doing - it will pay off!

Pauly please keep in mind that if you have Louie with you that's your perfect excuse to remain AF! You don't want him to see you drinking & you are teaching him an important lesson that we do not need AL to handle our lives :hug:

Hello to the vacationing Cyn!

Peace to everyone tonight!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                X