X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c25th

Originally posted by Mick View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3686[/ATTACH]
    WOW...hat's off to Julie for going first class. You both deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
      PQ,cabbage rolls with maple syrup? Interesting,,
      I don't know if I'm brave enough to try it. LOL

Comment

Happy July Abbers!!

Mick, that is a fabulous view - geez!!!!
        Have a wonderful time & take care to wear your hat

Hi there Pauly & SnoopStar!

PQ, I have always made my stuffed cabbage with artery clogging ground pork & bacon & make a tomato/vinegar sauce or gravy for them. I'm not sure where the maple syrup would fit in but it sounds interesting, ha ha!!!

Det, how are you buddy? Out getting plenty of pelican pics?

Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I just need to rant. With this being late on Saturday--doubt many will have to suffer through it. I really wanted to drink tonight and the only thing that stopped me was the thought of the hangover.

Today is my birthday. I wanted to go hiking and everyone moaned about it. So I made plans with friends. Then I was made to to feel guilty that I wasn't spending it with the family and that my husband intended to take the day off. So I cancelled my plans. To boot everyone was going to go hiking. Wake up today and hubby takes off to work and the kids refuse to go hiking. So I ended up doing a 10 mile hike alone. We had been invited to a big party tonight and hubby was all onboard to go to that with me---I told him I didn't want him to go and I left the house. I pulled up to the party, but I knew if I went in I would drink since I was just so let down and angry. So I drove away and found a nice spot to read.

Here is the kicker. Hubby has booked a trip to NY and Washington DC for the 3rd week of July (I am very aware of how hot it will be). I had told my husband numerous times this was not a trip I wanted to go on, that what I really wanted was to take a nice 3 day get-a-way to celebrate our 20 year anniversary. Especially since our actual anniversary ended up being a disaster. He ignored all this and booked the trip--airline tickets and all. I've been made to feel guilty for not wanting to go---all that bad mom shit and he already spent all this money for airline and tickets. None of which I told him to book. I've been dreading this trip and after today--why should I feel like I HAVE TO GO. Honestly, I would love nothing more than 7 days alone. I could hold out until closer to the trip, but I don't want to use the "vacation days" that I have scheduled, when I know I most likely will stay home. I'd rather go into work.

Then I had booked a trip to a cabin in October--that is mainly hiking to see the many cool waterfall we have in TN. After today, with so much freaking whining about going outside and actually walking---since they could not manage that today for one day....I can't imagine what they will be like when they actually have to hike. I may keep this trip booked and go alone.

I'm trying really hard not to make final decisions when I am angry and hurt. But I see it as more as the "sign" I needed to actually make those decisions. I've been wishy washy because I didn't want to hurt everyone's feelings. I could see myself being a real bitch on the trip because I feel like I am being made to go. Bailing on the October trip because I already know what I am in store for. Easier to cancel both trips and bail---than to deal with a grown ass man who doesn't have a clue.

Forgot to mention---husband bought me a freaking suitcase for my birthday to go on the trip that he knows I don't want to go on. As if the suitcase was going to magically make me interested in going. I made him take it back.

Vent over. Thanks!
          Last edited by TheSunFlower97; July 1, 2017, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Hiya peeps how are we today then..it's warm and sunny again today. ..it's kind of hard to download pics on here via phone went for a walk yesterday. .9 miles. .nearly as good as you sf��
            We are on the 8th floor. ..using stairs all the time not the lift..
            Hiya Paul. ..how are you today then..hope you are well
            Oops brew time for everyone
            Hiya sf...deep breath ..count to10...don't do nothing in anger..it usually bites you in the ass. .whatever the reason ..you didn't drink and that's the biggy
            Hiya ppqp how are you keeping. .hope all is OK with you hiya lav hope you are well..broos all round some lovely plants out here wish I could grow them back home

Big hiya to you all ..very special peeps hope you have great 4th
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
            X