w/c 9th jul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 9th jul

mornin all ..how are we today then ?all good tis an overcast day here...got van curtains yesterday...really smart...trouble is I didnt buy enuff coitin rings ...me being a man thought 5 per coitin...oops try trebling that ....julies coming out with words like ruffle gather tieback la la la...oh well..Ive got a large red tub I used previously for growing stuff in ..turned it upside down and cut doors in it...the rabbits hide in it and think you cant see them..!

brew time

hiya Sf...hows you ..another interesting post..there are lots of people out there bevvying that either deny there is a problem or dont realise it..I take my hat off to anyone who tries...whats with the tattoo? Ive got them..and sometimes I think ..why did I bother..my age and life it was kind of the thing...most army and navy folk..strangely not air force had them....now the tats you see are mostly blue celtic designs ...very tribal like from thousands of years ago!nice raise ...66 cents..as you recalll ..or may not we had a bit of drama in 1982.. in the Falkland Islands..so off we trot down south...Now for anyone away ...the most important thing is mail and home contact..In order to get the mail to its destination ,the y have to create a field post office ...kind of like a postcode..so if you look up BFPO numbers ..British field/forces post office you can find the allocated numbers ..so for the Falklands ..some bright spark ...gave it a number.that number BFPO 666 so everyone stared calling it Devils Island..we actually got banned from calling it that ...hmmm there were much more than that to worry about believe me..anyway have a good one

hiya Lav..15lbs garlic...wow smell good with that one!!!hows things today.. all good? as for the plant count ..yep every morning ! all correct this morning..easier to count than chickens!!here you go...a non garlic brew!appreciate you love both grandsons very much....but me thinks one gets the edge? anyways have a good day.

hiya ppqp...hows you today then..new boss got off his finger yet? I love blueberries...I can eat them by the bucket load...Im growing them too...but they arent very fruit/crop efficient talking of bfpo numbers ...BATUS..Suffield is bfpo 14 ..interesting huh? no rabbits wont be going ..Ive got a rabbit sitter boxed off to come when we are away to let them out and feed them etc...that way I dont have to stress them out moving them.....have a good one..

hi det ..you will get the lonelies ...thats when you need to as you say get out and do something..love your choice of main and after food...what happened to ice cream and jelly for pudding?take care friend

hiya tt how are you then? hope all is well ...glad the test results showed a clear for that horrible disease..any luck on the job front?

hiya snoopster ...you ok?

Hey sam...how did the boof go for the day was the weather as hot as you thought?hows the learning going?

hi pauly hows you? Julies dad is on tablets they are doing loadsa tests on him and referred him to the memory clinic...(cant remember where it is tho.... dog scratching?Ive got a rabbit does the same ..now that she (allegedly )isnt allowed in the front room..she sits at the door thumping and scratching!!

hiya pie..........................

right peeps have a good one....

Ironing done.
    Hoovering done.
    Washing done.
    Dusting done.
    Kids bathed.
    Kids in bed.
    Perfect!
    Now I can leave the pub!

Research has shown that men think about sex every tits seconds!

Did you hear about the Frenchman that couldn't count to 9?

He had a huit allergy.

I thought that a loaf of bread was calling me names in the supermarket earlier, but on closer inspection it read "thick cut".

My mate is so tight....

He got himself tasered by the police so he could charge his iPhone.

A little girl asked her dad, "do all fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time?"

Her dad replied, 'No, some begin with - If I am elected

Today's top fact: 50% of Canada is A

Why did the Eskimo climb through his igloo window?

Because he lost his huskeys!!

think about it..

Ha – Mildly amusing
    Haha – Funny
    Hahaha – Sarcastic laugh
    Hahahaha – Stayin alive
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morn all
      thanks or the brew Mick. Yep, it were hot. Funderstorms today and tomorrow I fink.

love the count to 9 joke!

another day another etc.

have a good one all
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick glad you got your curtains done TT glad everything turned out OK with you PQ,I miss Pie too,I did see her pop in for Mick's party thread,SF,nice post I'm more of a person who judges on how people are acting,dressed,etc especially in this town where there's tons of freaks! If I'm walking by myself and someone's acting weird I avoid them don't even notice the color of their skin but I do notice agitated attitude or yelling or just damn scary! I do think that the cops unfairly get off for some of the shootings that have happened in the past few years and I feel it's based on race,that really sucks in this day and age much love to all and I hope today is a peaceful AF Thursday for us all
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya

Please pray for my wife, poor woman got stung on the forehead by a wasp. She's at the hospital now, her face all swollen and bruised, the doctors said she could easily of died.

Luckily I was close enough to hit the wasp with my shovel before it had chance to sting her again!!..

:belchha::belchha::belchha::belchha:
          Last edited by Mick; July 13, 2017, 10:44 AM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Poor Julie Mick. That's horrible and I hope the pain and swelling goes down. Good thing she got to hospital. Taker care

Comment

Mick...I took that as a joke but with TT's response I'm starting to wonder. Is Julie ok? One of the new foods at the Stampede grounds this year is blueberry perogies. More of a type of desert but people found them too doughy. Glad you found a rabbit sitter, takes the stress off of you too. That is interesting about the British Field/Forces Post Office. Any idea where they got 14 from? I love your history lessons as much as your jokes.

Lav...I want to keep my summer student and let the Program Coordinator go back to school! Did your g/s sleep in at all?

Sam..gotta go back and read the count to 9 joke now. LOL

Pauly...I'd be judging how people are acting too if I lived where you do. Hope your day was peaceful.

SF...love your attitude..."I'm not your girl." I can learn a lot from you. LOL Tattoo thinking eh? Never saw the appeal but don't object to them. I don't think I'd be brave enough to post my AL struggles on FB. I have talked about it with "some" co-workers though. If someone is struggling and wants to talk I'm all in.

Det...anxiously awaiting the job interview report. Hope it went well.

Thought I was done with the boss but apparently he's coming in for a bit tomorrow morning. Will have to put the party on hold for a couple of hours. LOL We're back into the high temps so going to just hang out with the A/C....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Boy I wish we would get some storms to move this humid heat mass out of here but so far we've gotten nothing.

Mick, I hope your last post was a joke ~ right?
                I really do enjoy my oldest grandson. The younger guy is just not pleasant to be around, his baby issues have turned into bigger kid issues. He's just going to be a smartass I'm afraid. I'm not completely out of hope for him, anyone can turn themselves around when they really want to, right?
                The nice one will return tomorrow night for another two night stay, ha ha!
                Now I'm picturing bunny igloos, ha ha

Sam, did you get any storms?

Pauly, I just want nice people around me too regardless of color.

Hi there TT!

PQ, my mom used to make prune perogies when I was a kid. I always thought that idea was so gross (an old people thing). Blueberry sounds interesting though.
                I hope the boss didn't screw up your party plans too much, LOL

SF, a tattoo? Not for me but I know younger folks like them. My DIL has several but they're really not that great. I guess it depends on the artist. Just so you are happy with the results.

Det, hope your interview went well.

Hello to the rets of the crew & wishing a nice night for everyone.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

oh boy ..mornin all ....course it was a joke!!!!! the line luckily I hit were with a shovel ..is a bit of a belter!!!so good morning all..just goes to show though eh?well success ..my car is now legally classified as a motor caravan!!!drops the insurance by about $380 per year!! and the curtains are in and up ..tho madam will be messing about with ruffles frill etc..

firstly ..Pauly I saw your post...Im so sorry for you its a hard time..you have your beliefs as does everyone else..the issue is everyone deals with it differently..The main thing is...deal with it...thats what happens dont hide feel embarrassed get drunk or anything...I was sitting int the conservatory the other morning and just started crying..Ive no shame in that or anything its a reaction...and thats to..feeling shit ..Jeans death Tonys death,Sandy my rabbit and a few other things..its a relelase mechanism...thats me ..now if anyone else wants to open up ..fine ..there are a good few on here have had shit times ..I believe talking helps..you want to ?you know where we are/I am xx

hiya Lav.....you said it..

all needs painting..but..

20170714_093746.jpg

brew time..here you are..yes you are right..he may grow out of it ..its just making sure that he stays on the right track ..and doesnt get in with wrong uns as he gets older..fine line to tread as a grandparent ...with a dil ..that doesnt speak!!

hiya ppqp hows you ok I hope.....heres a rough guide to fpo s http://www.military-watches.net/BFPO_Addresses.html you notice 666 doesnt exist any more!!! dont think blueberries and do will help cholesterol!! tell the boss you are having the party because he is coming in...

hiya tt ..apologies yep twas a joke...hows you then ? hope all is well ?

hi Sam the man how are you doing?ok I hope....

ok its poets day dont forget..so finish early!!

docs.jpg

20170713_130323.jpg

20170713_130316.jpg

20170713_130420.jpg

I was in the bar when I started chatting to a midget.
                  "You seem like a nice and trustworthy person, fancy coming back to mine?" I asked.
                  "Looking for a good time, are you?" she said, smiling.
                  "No," I replied. "I've lost my keys and you're the only person that can fit through my cat flap."

Got pulled over by the police:
                  Police: "Turn around"
                  Me: "Every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming round"
                  Police: "Turn around"
                  Me: "Bright eye's"
                  That's when I got tasered.

Paddy and Mick are working at the local sawmill.
                  One day, Mick slips and his arm gets caught and severed by the big bench saw. Paddy quickly puts the limb in a plastic bag and rushes it and Mick to the local hospital.
                  Next day, Paddy goes to the hospital and asks after Mick. The nurse says, "Oh he's out in Rehab exercising".
                  Paddy couldn't believe it, but there's Mick out the back exercising his now re-attached arm. The very next day he's back at work in the saw mill.
                  A couple of days go by, and then Mick slips and severs his leg on another bloody big saw.
                  So Paddy puts the limb in a plastic bag and rushes it and Mick off to Hospital.
                  Next day he calls in to see him and asks the nurse how he is. The nurse replies, "He's out in the Rehab again exercising".
                  And sure enough, there's Mick out there doing some serious work on the treadmill. And very soon Mick comes back to work.
                  But, as usual, within a couple of days he has another accident and severs his head.
                  Wearily Paddy puts the head in a plastic bag and transports it and Mick to hospital.
                  Next day he goes in and asks the nurse how Mick is. The nurse breaks down and cries and says, "He's dead."
                  Paddy is shocked, but not surprised. "I suppose the saw finally did him in."
                  "No", says the nurse, "Some dopey bastard put his head in a plastic bag and he suffocated.

Releasing a long silent fart as I walk through first class on the way to my economy seat is definitely my favorite part of boarding an aircraft.

Comment

Sleepy Friday greetings ABeroos!

Mick, thanks for the launch and glad to hear nobody got whacked with a shovel

got home late after 2 1/2hr interview which was fascinating and reeeely challenging. The physical manipulation/dexterity test was
                    very challenging but I managed to do it... anyhoo I'll find out in the next couple weeks how we're looking for possible
                    placement. Nice outfit with nice folks so fingers crossed.

PPQ, thanks for the encouragement on the photography and yes I should do more to promote my work.

ok, going to need brew #2 or 3 for sure here so I better grind some beans.

everyone have a stellar day and I'll catch you tonight

be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...goes to show you your followers believe everything you say. LOL The shovel did give it away though. The van looks great and with Julie's touches will be awesome. Can't believe you got a reduction in insurance by converting it. Good job. Your pics reminded me I haven't posted garden pics yet...here you go

The coolaroo seating area...

A variety of Kale

My lettuce

Det...Wow! a 2 1/2 hour interview. You've tweaked my curiosity now! Hope you hear sooner rather than later.

Pauly...didn't see your other post. Hope you are ok. I agree that talking helps so let us help you.

Boss commented that he didn't expect any of us to stick around long as he headed out for his holidays. So we all packed up our desks and left! Don't remember the last time I had a Friday afternoon off. We're under another heat warning but the wind has picked up and I'm watching for thunder clouds. Definitely have to get over and thin out the vegetables this weekend and that's the extend of my obligations. Hope we all have a Fantastic Friday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PQ,the garden looks beautiful I posted my brothers obit on fb,maybe that was the post I dunno,not in a very good mindset ATM,too much for me but I've decided drinking is a piece of shit..basically no relief from myself, grrr,it quit working a long time ago.just stupid thinking and habit I guess
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                          not in a very good mindset ATM,too much for me but I've decided drinking is a piece of shit..basically no relief from myself
                          I sooo know the "mindset" :heartbeat: and yes it's hard to change stupid thinking and habit's.....but you NAILED IT! .... no relief from yourself. Drinking was always an escape from emotional stress for me with disastrous effects!!! Now when I need to "zone out" from life I read. Worst side effect I've had is reading a page turner, staying awake most of the night and tired the next day. May be tired but not feeling like "shit".

Keep on posting here and on your other threads, it may not be talking but the effect is the same....:smile:PPQP

PS..thanks for the compliment on the garden.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, your van looks great! Good luck & happy camping
                            YB installed two nest boxes in the young chickens quarters today - made them out of old garden containers. Good to reuse all this stuff like your bunny igloo.

Det, that interview sounds promising buddy, good for you!

PQ, beautiful garden pics, nice work. We had a giant thunder storm this afternoon with lots of rain so no watering needed here.

Pauly, please don't wander away from us, we're here to support you thru all this :hug:
                            I know it's rough losing a brother, YB & I have both lost brothers in the last 3 & 4 years. Just try to keep the good memories in your heart & remember that your children 7 grandchildren need you now & for a long time to come.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mick--Devil's Island--I'll have to check that out. You always are working on the cool projects. I just don't seem to have the motivation to take those projects on.

Pauly--in that instance, it was my skin color that got noticed. It made me really nervous to go back out to my car. Head down, get in car and drive away. He was outside making some rants.

PQ--I just never excelled at the ass kissing part of the job. I preferred to keep my head down and do a good job. But, as in most places it was the ass kissers that got handed things. Recently, we had two people up for a promotion at the store. It was clear who was more qualified for the job. But the ass kisser won out. Its just everywhere.

Its hard for me to give advice or really talk about my issues with AL, especially to people dealing with a problem with it. I really sucked at getting a handle on it. I don't feel qualified to give advice. I know what it is like to be in it's death grip and not really have a choice to drink or not. I usually just lend support that I don't drink because it makes me feel like shit and do stupid things. But, technically that is everyone. In the case of the co-worker I know that she smokes pot and that helps her stay away from the drink. Out of all the drugs out there, pot is the one that I have no opinion on. It seems to help a lot of people with a lot of different issues. It certainly doesn't cause the destruction that other drugs do. So if it helps someone stay off alcohol, who am I to judge.

Lav--seems the younger one is a handful. Are there underlying issues for his behavior?

I so worry about my kids. My oldest is totally against all drugs, but he is the one I can see falling into its ugly web. Most of the people I work with are closer in age to my kids than to me. I think they are a fascinating generation and get a bad rap. Anyways, I got to talking with one co-worker about some concerns I had with my son (I don't really know why)---but, he said that it sounded a lot like him at that age. He suggested some things and also credited a book for really turning himself around. He struggled with depression and connecting with other people. I got the book--gave it to my son---and he brought it to me last night and said---"Mom, this is a really good book--we should both read it". It is "The Art of Happiness" by the Dali Lama---as I flipped through it---it gave me pause---if I had even an ounce of some of the wisdom in that book would I have ever fell into the trap of alcohol. I like that he directly discusses using drugs to bring happiness and the guy is just spot on. Anyways, we are now reading the book and when I got home tonight--we discussed some of the book. I know my son struggles with connection to other kids. He wants a girlfriend, but hasn't found one that will go out with him.

You could not pay me a million dollars to re-live the teenage years. I seemed to really struggle through them, until I found my good friend Miller Lite. What a shitty solution---and I see how alcohol companies advertise, as if drinking beer brings friends. But for me, in a way it did. I now had a group of friends to go drink beer with. It all seemed innocent and I could never had seen the ugly demon for what it was. Out of that group of people most of us had some level of issue with alcohol.

It also seems the older I get....that most of the people who drink on a regular basis have some sort of problem with it at some point. 10% of people may be alcoholics, but what is the true percentage of people it causes problems for. Afterall, that is what it is designed to do. Lower your inhibitions, which increases the likelihood that you will do something stupid. And who drinks and never has a hangover? It is poison to the body.

Maybe because I am deep into a Stephen King Novel---it feels like this evil demon who has the world fooled. Fooled into thinking it will bring happiness and good times.

I think I need to go back to journaling.....I certainly can level out a novel myself apparently.

Anyhow---that is all my deep thinking for today.

Comment

yo dudes and dudettes ..thats me ...I've been out since early..just got back...soaked to the skin ..manky time for a long soak...so what have I been doing? here you go ...99% done my part is finished....

20170715_120719.jpg

20170715_120740.jpg

20170715_120756.jpg

remember this

20170415_132800.jpg

off for a bath will be on after x

Comment

Working...
                                X