Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 13 th August

Good morning...

Hello to all, Lav I was feeling a little down too, thinking of the future, I am not working, what does my life mean, what if this happens, that happens, what have and do I contribute to the world, all these negative thoughts when nothing has changed! I am healthy, my bills are paid, I have love in my life, interests, things to do to keep busy if I just do them. Our thoughts really do determine our mood, I need to work on being here now.

Det, Pauly, hope your negative mood passes sooner than later.

Mick, how wonderful to find a coin that old, amazing.

TT, have a great trip, will you be able to check in?

Lav, again thanks for the sanity and move to mindfulness.

Have a good one all.
    Last edited by Snoopy56; August 18, 2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Mae everybody, safe travels TT,please say hi if you get a quick chance here and there Mick how'd you break your fitbit? I broke my heart rate one when we were back home by spilling coffee on it accidentally, I'm gonna hook it back up today to see if its gonna work,if not gonna chuck it and just stick with my flex Det I hate the blues!!!! Mines stupid hormones,plus I've been dreaming about my dad and other brothers every night and I get upset,I'm not sure if my dad has even made his first appointment to see what's going on,I need to call my brother but I've been avoiding cuz they have the new baby at home and I don't like bugging, Lav ask PQ to at least say hi,I really miss her SF too,Pie I know has been busy so she had only been dropping in here and there,much love to all and I hope we all have a great AF Friday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy56 View Post
        Good morning...

Hello to all, Lav I was feeling a little down too, thinking of the future, I am not working, what does my life mean, what if this happens, that happens, what have and do I contribute to the world, all these negative thoughts when nothing has changed! I am healthy, my bills are paid, I have love in my life, interests, things to do to keep busy if I just do them. Our thoughts really do determine our mood, I need to work on being here now.

Det, Pauly, hope your negative mood passes sooner than later.

Mick, how wonderful to find a coin that old, amazing.

TT, have a great trip, will you be able to check in?

Lav, again thanks for the sanity and move to mindfulness.

Have a good one all.
        Snoopster each and every one of the things you mention are situation changeables... the other ones ..the nows.. they are the ones that contribute to the situational changeables ie health wealth love interests...they are the ones you keep your eye on ..x
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We had a giant thunderstorm a little while ago & it rained like crazy. No floods despite the half dozen warnings I received on my phone, haha!
          I just hope it's cooler & less humid tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a better, less stressful day today. I have become a master at chasing off or ignoring intrusive thoughts before they take root & cause a lot of distress. I am a still using distraction tools & they still work great. I ended up making a pot of non-dairy cream of mushroom soup this afternoon & baking 6 loaves of pepperoni bread. How's that for complete distraction? Ha ha!! We had a good dinner & now I have 5 loaves stored away in the freezer for future use

Mick, I think I should send my dog over for a visit. She would sniff out that rat & do her best to capture it - alive or dead!
          Good luck on your eye test!

SnoopStar, focusing on today & what's good about today, appreciating the things in nature that are all around us, etc. helps me to maintain my level of zen. Look up The Buddhist Chef on FB for some new & fun ideas. Distraction

Pauly, I still use guided meditations before bed if I feel the need to clear & settle my mind before going to sleep. It's pretty common to have the day's worries show up in your dreams & that's sure not restful. Give it a try.
          Are you friends with PQ on FB? If not, I'll contact her for you.

Det, how are you today? Working on your zen level I hope.

Hello to Sam, PQ, SF, Pie & everyone.
          Have a peaceful night everyone & bless the folks in Barcelona.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Aloha Friday ABeroos!

not feeling my chipper self but pretending in the meantime

Snoopy, 'being here now' hearkens to a great book by Ken Keyes 'the handbook to higher consciousness' which I read when I was 12. Great read
            and so true.

Mick, I've got a rodent situation myself it seems....last night I awoke to an odd rustling sound and it was a tiny mouse stuck in my back of
            corn chips! (guilty pleasure food). Thankfully my presence gave it the extra energy to spring out and escape. I really can't bear to kill the tiny little thing so I'll
            just keep my food more secure. and see how goes.

Pauly, you broke your monitor with coffee? that is so funny... just what I needed, thanks for that

well cats n kittens, I have no idea what I'm doing this weekend and I really don't care at the moment. It's time to conk out to
            some sci fi and just unwind and breathe.

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det, why don't you leave out a little hummus with the corn chips ~ bet you'll catch your mouse
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

mornin all ...pouring down with rain here..yet again....how are we all today then?god I hope..well rat trap sprung again last night ,bait gone nae rat...I think it has got to be something smaller and getting thru the mesh...so back to thinking...
                lets remember those murdered in Barcelona...37 different nationalities involved in this ...spain canada us uk australia ..to name some ..surely we have all got on an interest on stamping on these fkrs we perhaps should be doing a lot more joined pro active working together..

out detecting tomorrow ...an early start....4.30 am..

brew time..

hiya Snoopster you feeling any better today?hope so ..we all go thru peed off moods...

hiya pauly hows you then ..just reading your post ...sounds like your head is going at a million miles an hour..all whizzing round like a washing machine...honest...write it down ..its so much easier to deal with!!that way you dont get sucked into the vortex of of lots to do ..done nothing...its so much better when you look at the list that you have ticked off..dunno how I broke my fit bit ..it doesnt want to play at all..

Hi Lav ....freight the dog !!!do you a trade for an extra large brew....well went to the opticians yesterday...after me telling him how to do his job!! 2 new pair of reading glasses ..my long distance is good ..I can see an ant scratching its bum at 200 yds but I need driving glasses ..middle distance is borderline fail...pepperoni bread?? mmm sounds goo..trouble is bread and me dont get on too well tho I do love it..

hi det...a moose loose in tha hoose? if you aint bothered about him ...make him a little chair and you can sit n share the chips and watch telly ...you got over the blues yet mate?heres part of the roman brooch I found with the silver rings on it...

20170817_163548.jpg

20170817_163613.jpg

right folks be good...

"This is all your fault!" My wife moaned this morning.
                "Fcking hell, what have I done now?" I asked her.
                "Give me a chance to think," she said, "I've only just woke up."

My local drug dealer started dressing up as a Jehovah’s Witness so he wouldn’t arouse suspicion!
                He got arrested after the police saw people actually letting him in.

I left a trail of rose petals from the front door, up the stairs, and to the bedroom. I sprinkled some more over the bed. I sat in the corner wearing nothing but her beautiful silk robe with a bottle of vintage wine on ice on the end table. I heard the door open and her walking up the stairs, I wanted this to be the most romantic evening ever. I was quite nervous.
                Now all I needed was the perfect way to introduce myself.

20914645_1533135266753891_2402695924353211959_n.jpg

What’s brown and sounds like a bell?
                Dung.

What do you call a woman with one leg shorter than the other?
                Eileen

I once dated a girl with two noses. She wasn’t much to look at but she smelled great

Why did the Mexican push his wife off the cliff?
                Tequila.

The Irish SAS have parachuted into a zoo in Algeria.
                Early reports say they’ve freed all the ostriches.

What do elephants and grapes have in common?
                They're both purple, except for the elephant.

I was reading this book today, The History Of Glue.
                I couldn't put it down.

Two flies were arguing on a toilet.
                One got pissed off.

What do you call cheese that doesn't belong to you?
                Nacho cheese.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
                  been a long week, back to the surveying world today and into the mountains, something that makes sense. There's a lot out there that doesn't make sense.This reckless disregard for people is sometimes more than a little overwhelming for me.

well the wife has been gone on a solo vacation, Utah, and so I been able to fiddle in the early morning, fun! great way to start a day, but she wouldn't seem to agree if she were here!

Snoopy, you hang in there. I didn't have work for almost 2 years and I get it.
                  waves to you Mick, Lav, Det and TT and all else coming by
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Sam you didn't say hi to Lil ole me just kidding hope all is well,Mick maybe your battery went dead? I like the German engine earrings I've been trying to write stuff down,still hard to sort it out,bro says dad hasn't gone to the docs yet but soon I guess,just worries me and like Sam said the unrest in this world makes me so uneasy,it shouldn't be like this,Det I can't believe the little shit got in your chips! Nobody messes with my chips! When I was living in my hometown in the 90's I had a horrible mice problem (and a skunk living under the house) those mice would climb up to the bread and cabinets,I couldn't believe it,now I catch the odd lizard in my kitchen, usually baby ones that I feel bad for,one was stuck on a sticky pad the pest control guys left it was kinda sad,much love to all and I hope we all have an easy AF Saturday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                      Mae everybody, Sam you didn't say hi to Lil ole me just kidding hope all is well,Mick maybe your battery went dead? I like the German engine earrings I've been trying to write stuff down,still hard to sort it out,bro says dad hasn't gone to the docs yet but soon I guess,just worries me and like Sam said the unrest in this world makes me so uneasy,it shouldn't be like this,Det I can't believe the little shit got in your chips! Nobody messes with my chips! When I was living in my hometown in the 90's I had a horrible mice problem (and a skunk living under the house) those mice would climb up to the bread and cabinets,I couldn't believe it,now I catch the odd lizard in my kitchen, usually baby ones that I feel bad for,one was stuck on a sticky pad the pest control guys left it was kinda sad,much love to all and I hope we all have an easy AF Saturday
                      dang,
                      I'm sorry, Pauly!!
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I'm just teasing you Sam have a nice day my friend

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Just sitting around waiting for another storm to get here, geez. How lucky are we? Ha ha!

Mick, you seem to have unusual vision..... I have one pair of glasses that corrects all of my visual defects & Rx sunglasses. That's all I can handle, lol.
                          I hope you figure out who is getting the bait, ugh. I hate dealing with rats, mice are bad enough. Good luck on you Sunday detecting

Hello to Sam, on your own again? Don't get too used to that morning fiddling, ha ha!
                          We seem to be living in a country undergoing a tremendous amount of stress right now. It bothers me a lot but I won't sit on my hands with my mouth shut - no big surprise there! Every day I either make calls, send emails or faxes, do whatever I can to let our elected officials know that this sh*t is not OK. I can't wait to see the end of 45, one way or the other. Enjoy your mountain work

Pauly, behave yourself & don't yell at Sam, haha!
                          I'll save some of this rain & subsequent mud for you if you like.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a good night!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                          X