Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 20th aug

Good evening Abbers,

Lav's brand new runway (oops I mean driveway) is completed, ha ha! We have a very long driveway & sometimes it does feel like a runway.
    It looks great but we are keeping cars & trucks off until probably Saturday. Our neighbor is letting us park at his house for now since there is no such thing as street parking in cow country.

Mick, Julie's dad is going to require 24 hour care at some point. I imagine you have assisted living facilities & such like we do where they can be monitored for safety & be provided meals, meds, etc. I know it's a difficult decision for a family to make. I was unable to care for my dad at home the last two weeks of his life so I had no choice but to admit him into a nursing facility. I couldn't watch him 24 hours a day & still go to work, etc. I hope everything works out for you.

Pauly, feel better girl!

PQ, you may become a lady of leisure, lol! Enjoy those afternoons off, you deserve them.

Det, another interview? Yay for you!

Sam, beautiful weather here as well. Glad you have survived your sinus stuff - hate that feeling, ugh.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sam, great to here you're getting out on the scooter and having fun.

ah yes, aging parents. so far so good but things will get difficult I know and I'm
      busy working on me. Hopefully I'll be good and ready.

interview went super well and I'm not trying to get my hopes up too high but I'm certainly
      encouraged and excited.

tired time so trundling off to hypno land.

gnight loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sorry I've been MIA. Since I joined the new coaching program it has been a whirlwind. I will catch up with everyone soon. I am still alive and getting more sober everyday. Its a thing

Comment

morn all..how zwee today then? all good i hope...in a bit of a rush today,weather is lovely ..Amy just phoned to say she is coming down..its me daughter not the queen..but you know the score as mothers ..make sure this is done have we got....Also got to go and collect my noo spex..then going to put the awning up ..and a parcel to pick up ...Redid the electric hook up on the van yesterday ..wasnt too clever with water dripping into it..now fixed..

so letsav a brew qweek

hiya ppqp..how are you then today? all good I hope ..yes,sept will soon go ...cataracts done ...and hey see all the christmas lights properly ..oh and the snow.....now thats cheered you up!!have a great weekend

hiya sam the surveyor how are you today then?all good ?any gigs coming off?we talked a bit about Julies dad last night..its a whole mish mash really ...but its life ..all this going on and her nephews wife had a little girl yesterday...

hey Lav ....just booked my next holiday ..will be landing at your airport... heres a brew ..looks good that drive tho..I think crunch time will be when Julie has seen the doctor with her dad ...thank you for your thoughts

hi Det how are you then my friend?glad the interview went well..fingers crossed for you.

hiya to all our readers off to get Mr magoos now

After landing my new job as a Asda greeter, a good find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day. Here’s what happened:
          About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, decidedly unattractive, chavy woman walked into the store along with her two kids, shouting and swearing at them all the way through the entrance.
          As I had been instructed, I said, pleasantly, "Good morning and welcome to Asda."
          I then said, "Nice children you have there. Are they twins?"
          The ugly chav woman stopped swearing long enough to say, "Don't be fcking stupid. Of course they aren't twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one' s 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?"
          I replied, "I'm neither blind nor stupid, Madam. I just couldn't believe someone humped you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Asda."
          My Supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work.

My parents have admitted to me that the night I was conceived they were both really drunk on weak Aussie beer.
          It's never nice finding out you're a Fosters child!

A new owner has been found for Liverpool FC. Sheikh Anvac claims he will put the freshness back in to the club.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...I really enjoy playing bridge. It'a an older generation card game, when I was in University that's all anybody played. There doesn't appear to many younger players interested. Glad to hear the interview went well, I also have my fingers crossed for you.

Sam...gotta love those bike rides to nowhere! I'm doing good, well at least now. Got a little stressed out with aging MIL, disgruntled coworkers and new boss taking 3 weeks holidays. I have started taking afternoons off and am loving it.

Lav...are you loving the new driveway? Saw the demolished one so will have to look and see if there's a pic of the new one. Lady of leisure Ha! At least it's a lot nicer getting groceries at 1pm instead of 5pm!

SF...glad to hear things are going good and getting more sober everyday LOL Sounds like you like the new coaching program.

Mick...you don't consider your daughter a queen? LOL Glad you got the electric hook up fixed, that was probably a priority. Now that you have your noo speks you'll have no problem getting that awning finished. What program are you using to post your pic's? I started with Photbucket way back when and now they want you upgrade your account in order to share 3rd party pics. Ain't going to do that so am now looking for another freebe. After the freakish hot temps we've had this summer I don't think I'll even mind the snow.

Could somebody just pop out and get me a can of mushroom soup please? Craving holiday hashbrowns and that's the one ingredient I forgot.
            Hope we all have a Fantastic Friday.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hi folks. Quick hello. I am travelling in the Pacific islands and have very poor internet. Haven't been able to catch up with you all. I am well and sober and quite happy.

Comment

Originally posted by treetops View Post
                Hi folks. Quick hello. I am travelling in the Pacific islands and have very poor internet. Haven't been able to catch up with you all. I am well and sober and quite happy.
                So glad you were able to check in TT. Safe travels....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

All is well in Lav-land, more or less, ha ha!
                  The driveway looks great so tomorrow we will move our cars/truck back where they belong. I'm sure the neighbor will be happy

Mick, you certainly use my driveway if you're landing in a helicopter, ha ha!
                  Yu sound as busy as ever, that's a good thing. enjoy your visit with your daughter/queen

Det, great to hear your news about the interview. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

SF, hi there!!!

TT, glad you were able to check in with us.

PQ, it's nice to have free afternoons, glad you are making the most of them.
                  Mick wants me to paint lines on my driveway so he knows where to land the helicopter, ha ha!

I am worried about the 8,000,000 people that will be dealing with Hurricane Harvey tonight & tomorrow. It's now a Category 4 storm, there will be devastation, flooding, loss of life
                  I don't know exactly where in Texas our Pie lives but I sure hope she has evacuated if needs be.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Aloooha Friday ABerooos!

oh boy, every day un-depressed is a joy. yay.

Mick, have a loverly time with queen Amy.

PPQ, on my way with soup... might be late for dinner though.

Sunflower, there you are. What are you coaching? yoga?

TTops, I'm envious of your travels! do take us a pic or two eh?

Lav, I didn't hear about the big storm... will check it oot.

well, nothing on the books yet tomorrow so may do a bicycle ride and photos at the lake.
                    I do have a paid photoshoot for a local actor on Sunday arvo which should be neato.

chicken is smelling mighty yummy so off I go

be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

mornin all ...how r we today then?all good I hope ..yep we had the royal amy visit..she seems fine ...still looking for a job as a midwife more down this way than where she is ..lot of travlin..supposed be a nice day...its a bank holiday weekend ..already the roads are jammed up!out tecting tomorrow yep early doors .com

so brew time here we go

hi det best of luck with the photo shoot and the bike ride ..you going far?

hi Lav...you may laugh .....but one of my best friends just retired ..he was a helicopter pilot in the army,thats where we met ...when he left he became a n instructor teaching the police and emergency services ...he also spends a lot of time touring america so you never know!!anyway brew time ..bought 2 Calla lilies yesterday one black the other yellow.

hi tt hows things in the specific Islands? apart from poor tinternet ...I get that in Spain too ...hope things are going good for you ..

hia ppqp ...hows you then despite nae mushroom soup?I use google to download my pics to puter then from there just download them ...I used to use photobucket ..until same thing happened...I guess round about now if my memory serves me well its pretty hot there ..and then bang it goes really cold ..no inbetween ..

hiya pie stay safe .....

pauly yoo hoo.........

heyoop Sam you ok ...

right ..with a cheery smile one is going to bugger off ...have a great day x

I must be the unluckiest person in the world? I have just found a wage packet outside Wal mart, and the bstards had 4 days off sick!

more to follow later
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good Morning!

Mick--glad the visit went well. Hopefully, she will find a job closer....at least she isn't looking to move miles away.

Det--excited for you to get the new job! A fresh start is always good.

Lav--the hurricane looks terrible. Hopefully, the damage is as minimal as one can hope for.

PPQ-Yeah, I do LOVE the coaching program. I was just looking today to see when I had joined it.....since joining less than a month ago I've gotten more accomplished than all year. When I say more sober everyday---its just when you start to fall instep and stride----getting smashed is the furthest thing from your mind . I have a vision and I could not even imagine spending a day on the couch with a hangover! When the job sucked, money sucked, everything sucked....a hangover was almost a welcome relief to focus on. The program is amazing and the people are amazing. I am making new friends from all over the world--that share the same vision. A few of us meet up locally----then we head to Vegas next year to the summit.

Recently I got a mailing on a "delivery service for booze". They will even drive a six pack of Miller Lite to your house--and specialize in it! Gosh, this could have really been trouble for me. However, I was reading an article on a similar company and the founder speaks to the issue that they are handling "a controlled substance". It stood out to me because....while people will look down their noses at all other "controlled substances"....alcohol doesn't seem to fall in that same category for them. Its my pet peeve---but glad to see it called what it is.

Hubby was having some issues at work and was drinking more than usual. He must have seen how well it worked for me . Anyways I suggested he lay off the booze because its a depressant and tends to make you see everything negatively---and I think when I said, "ya know it stays in your system for 3 days---screwing with your emotions, blowing things out of whack. He laid off the booze and literally 3 days later came to me saying, "ya know its not really all that bad. I can see the situation more clearly." Although he will never give credit to getting the damn depressant out of his system.

Hope everyone is well. Pauly--hope your feeling better!

Comment

morning all, I slept really hard, all groggy etc this morning.

picturesque kinda weather here, Lav, ain't it grand?
                          SF, I think I recall you live in Texas?? how goes it there if you do?

PQ, yep thinking about taking a scoot up to the Skyline Drive now that I have my "old man" pass.

Pauly, you all better yet?

Mr Mick, what you up to today? detecting on your agenda?

Det, any photo excursions for you this weekend?

well off to figure which direction to go, bike ride or work, bike ride or work, bike ride or work.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hey sam ..tecting tomorrow...

here folks try these !!!!!!

Optical illusions: Can you master them all? open them up to full page
                            Last edited by Mick; August 26, 2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Lav...it looks like Mick might actually be serious about the helicopter. Get your list of chores up to date. LOL It sure has been a year of wacky weather for everyone. I'm worried about Pi too....hope she checks in soon.

Det...thanks for the soup, you saved the day. Chicken sounds like a good idea for dinner tonight. A paid photo shoot with an actor no less...Well Done! You're sounding great, glad to see you've kicked the depression. Enjoy your bike ride and just be in the moment.

Mick...morning to you too. Our bank holiday isn't until next weekend. You're always one step ahead of me. Thanks for the google photo tip, I'll give that a try. Yup we're at that time of year when it can be 85F one day and snowing the next. Couple of years back we had a wicked Snowtember! We used to get some really nice fall days but now it seems we go from Winter to Construction then back to Winter. Good luck with the tecting tomorrow.

SF...I am so glad to see the hangover couch days gone too. You are inspiring me to get more involved in life. Well at least hubby admits he can see the situation more clearly now! LOL

Sam...PQ, yep thinking about taking a scoot up to the Skyline Drive now that I have my "old man" pass. that just made me chuckle. Let me help you with your decision....BIKE RIDE!

Pauly...hope you survived work yesterday and that your over the tummy issues.

Now I gotta go check out Mick's Optical Illusions!

Over to clean up the garden a bit and do some harvesting, need some potatoes and veggies for dinner tonight.
                              Hope we all have a Super Sober Saturday....:smile:PPQP
                              Last edited by porqoui; August 26, 2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Mae everybody, stomach still wonky and even wonkier cuz I had some beers to"settle it" now I have to deal with that recovery too really dumb and makes NO sense,Brady hit a car in front of him yesterday so now my car's kind of banged up,we only have liability so it'll just stay how it is,I'm just glad nobody was hurt,much love to all and I hope we all have a nice AF Saturday
                                Last edited by paulywogg; August 26, 2017, 10:15 AM.
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X