X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 27thaugust

Good evening Abbers,

It sure is cool here in Lav-land
    Perfect weather for doing things outdoors if you're not scared to death of the poisonous plants, ugh. I am going to have to spend the winter looking for a gardening hazmat suit for myself for next summer, ha ha!

Mick, it really does take a while to recover from a serious muscle spasm, especially in the neck. And don't be too surprised if it just shows up again in the future for no real reason. Mine sure does. I think I have convinced YB that most of the veggies we grow here are crappy. The onions, garlic & red potatoes do OK but the rest, not so much. WE can get all the veggies we need from the Amish farmer/neighbor. Flowers will be the focus here next year as well!!

Det, so glad your photos were well received, that's great!
    Don't overdue on the spicy sausage now, haha!!

Pauly, hope your day was good!

PQ, maybe you could teach the boss some time management skills? Is he teachable??

Hoping Pie is OK :hug:

Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Late greetings ABeroonies!

oh my, Mick I think we are related this past few days by insomnia....last night my back somehow heard about your neck and decided to give
      me fits...I'm sure it was all the packing of product I did the couple days before and I wasn't bending correctly and....owie!

so, aside from sleep deprivation and back pain life is A OK. erm... not really, finances are up the spout but now I'm just complaining. oh my.

Pauly you still haven't let on as to how you can handle the heat there...

Lav, everything in my yard is out to kill me I swear. It doesn't seem to matter what I brush against my leg or arm...it comes up with red spots and itching.
      I can very much relate. Matching hazmat suits would be pretty cute

No photo shoots til end of Sept and that one isn't paid but that's ok, so long as I can do it I like supporting local community events and they are a great and
      fun bunch of crazy ladies.

well cats, that's about all I'm coming up with from sleepy-head.

gnight loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all hows we today then hope all good today ...slept even better last night . till 430.the pain is still there ut not half as bad ...mind you I have spent the last few days off my face..but thankfully its better ..dont think Im going detecting this weekend

brew time....

hiya Lav how are you?pick your brains time...Im growing fruit bushes in pots ..have you done that?I did it this year and a poor return..Im wondering if it is because its year 1 for them or the pot size .....50cm..Im def doing fruit and flowers next year....as for spicy sausage my fave is Krakow sossij followed by brat und curry wurst

hiya det ..hows the back is it any better..keep your chin up mate ...things will get better ..you just need to work at it ...thinking of ya.

hi pauly went to the garden centre yesterday and there I saw a bonsai bougie..if it had of had the purple flowers as opposed to pink I would have had it.how goes you then today?hope all is well.Got my new fit bit ..a fitbit one its all set up job done.

hi ppqp..well welcome to working all day .com...and a full plate as well?there you go what a guy your boss is ..slept till about 4.30 this morning..thats about when the pain killersran out..!!!you up to anything over the weekend?

big hello to everyone else..

What goes tick tick woof woof? A watchdog.

I know some jokes about unemployment but they need some work.

What do you call an Asian receptionist? Tai Ping.

I started a website for female drivers. It kept crashing

What would you have if you crossed a pig with a karate expert?
        Pork chops.

How do you stop a charging rhinoceros?
        Take away his credit cards.

What did Cinderella say when her photos weren't ready?
        Some day my prints will come.

There are 2 cowboys in the kitchen. Which one is the real cowboy?
        The one on the range.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I'm not teaching nobody nothing anymore! Boss figures we need to get registration online and as the program coordinator is clueless figures I should manage it. My response to him was do you have any idea how many learning curves I've had to go through in the last 2 years with my previous boss getting sick. Well I am getting sick and tired of the "Get PQ to do it. If she doesn't know how she'll figure it out."

Det...it's nice to support your fellow mates on the thread but I don't think you have to go to that extreme. Hope you get some relief for your back soon.

Mick...glad you're getting some rest. Probably a good idea to pass on detecting for now. Weekend will see me dealing with MIL again. We were supposed to see her Dr. last weekend but Ex showed up and screwed all that up. Heading in early today to try and get a head start. It's a long weekend here so at least there's that. Have a Fabulous Friday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick you should have just bought the boogie anyways! I'm sure it was still a beautiful bush,glad the neck is on the mend I'm with Det and my back started spasming yesterday, I get it rarely but I think it was caused by my stomach feeling bloated a few days before,if my stomach is messed up it always strains my back! Brady got a job with hubs' company in the office,taking calls,booking jobs,etc I hope he doesn't get overwhelmed, at least its indoors but he has to work with women all day haha,I see crushes in his future PQ,I hope your winter won't be too bad,I tried to post on it yesterday but was cut short,hi Lav,Sam,Pie,SF wishes for a great AF day and a happy September pleez!!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Enjoying the cool air here, yay!
              Some rain coning tomorrow but the rest of the holiday weekend is supposed to be nice.

Mick, I think we are all having trouble sleeping this week. What's up with that?
              Cutting back on caffeine & all that doesn't make any difference with me, oh well.
              About the fruit trees - YB has been nursing fig trees along in pots for a few years. We did get a few tiny figs this year, not enough to do anything with. I think the age of the tree & the pot size have to be considered. He repots those things into bigger pots every year & they're still not big enough to be planted outdoors yet. Who knows?
              I was outside before dinner to do a little watering & I heard chicken noises coming from the greenhouse. Sure enough there was a chicken scratching around in there. But there was also a hummingbird flitting around trying to find it's way out. I had to enlist YB's help to get the tiny bird out safely. If the chicken hadn't been in there then I would have never known about the hummingbird. Glad we saved the poor thing

Det, I'll find a nice embroidery design for our hazmat suits - no worries, ha ha! I will be so happy to see this summer end, no kidding. I am sick & tired of itchy rashes

PQ, maybe you need to learn to bark louder, snarl & show your teeth at work, ha ha!! I used to really hate being dumped on at work because I was the responsible one.....that's crap.
              I hope you enjoy your weekend!

Pauly, I hope Brady likes his job too! He may end up wanting to go to a technical school or something when he gets tired of putting up with all the females in the office, ha ha!
              I hope your back feel better, geez.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
              Last edited by Lavande; September 1, 2017, 08:32 PM.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

mornin all ..how are we today then all good ...?yep same routine up at silly oclock ...neck and head killing me..espcially on the left side ...had a brew or 6 ..took some painkillers and thatsit..weather is fabulous out there today..both rabbits are out playing ...Ive been in the greenhouse doing bits and pieces ..my neck is gonna be sore anyway whether I sit and moan about it or do summat!!so here we are another brew..Went to charge my phone up yesterday ..took ages and didnt play ...the reason?Panda bit thru cable number 2 !!hey Lav glad you got the humming bird ..Ive looked at tons of stuff about fruit trees I think its first year stuff..
                PQ good for you re work...let someone else do their own job..unless she wants to pro rata her wages??ha hope you get on ok with mil issues
                hi pauly reading your post I keep thinking should I shouldnt I ? the boogie..we will see.hope you are ok another brew peeps?Im off to Huddersfield it isnt far ..not supposed to be driving ..cant turn my head !!take care jokes up later ..
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick be safe on your drive,yesterday my back was bugging so bad all I could do was hang upside down on the couch and try to stretch it, I hadn't had this for forever and it sucks! Get the boogie..PQ,it does blow to be the responsible one sometimes, just don't let them run all over you Det,I think I'm part lizard haha,I don't even use the a/c in my car unless someone's riding with me, bought a coffee mug at the dollar store yesterday that says "I'm a witch before coffee" and has a little witch hat,got one for Kell and,Lb cuz it fits us all and we're all coffeeholics! Much love to all and I hope we all have a nice AF Saturday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Happy to report I had a pretty decent sleep last night, at long last. Having a quick brew then off to get MIL. Will check back with you all later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Well that was a long outing! As she doesn't have a family Dr., apparently her's retired 2 years ago, it was a walk in clinic! Waiting room almost 2 hrs, exam room wait 45 mins. Getting her a family Dr. has now moved to the top of the priority list.

Mick...hope the drive was ok and you didn't end up twisting your neck.

Pauly...I usually don't use the A/C in the car either. Except today, another 87F and turned it on for MIL.

Time to relax. Fixing's for taco's prepped so it's relax time....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy Sat ABerooonies!

Mick, no detecting may be in order but how 'bout 12 rounds of bare-knuckle boxing? that's sure to loosen things up.
                        Ya, my free advice is somewhat questionable and you've a bunny saboteur which is entertaining.

Lav, still hot here...and I'm not related to Pauly so it's just no darn fun at all. I was going to go for a hike beings it's a holiday
                        weekend and all but between the heat and smoke from brush fires it's just not happening, so staying in the AC and putzing about.
                        Just got done with a scifi that was so confusing and convoluted that I think my brain needs to be reinstalled. ack!

PPQ, boundaries at work are rough but you can do it! we believe in you.

Snoopy, Pie, Sunflower? Guitarista? just checking.... one two....

motivation is low here but will figure out something that costs zero and is fun. All I'm coming up with is sleeping-in which
                        I joyfully did today and catching up on movies. Hope the next one is much better. And I need to ebay some crap so I can
                        afford gas next week to get to work. egad. off to it...

be well loves
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det that really sucks you can't go for your hike but I think it's wise not to be out in polluted air,not sure if you remember our warning last year about air quality but being in it really did make me feel sick PQ,I love tacos! I'll be over in a bit

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Did someone say tacos? I made chicken tacos for YB tonight because I'm so darn nice, ha ha. I just made myself a veggie wrap with the leftover homemade hummus & guacamole

Mick, sorry your neck is still hurting, geez, I do know that feeling.
                            So your bunnies owe you a new charging cord? Bad bunnies, ha ha.
                            We have had a ton of rain today, tomorrow will be a mud fest here!

PQ, when the doc retired didn't he/she turn the practice over to someone new? Not sure how that is done up in your neck of the woods. Your MIL is lucky to have you looking out for her. I hope you enjoyed the tacos.

Det, like you I stayed inside & putzed around all day too. It's actually nice to have a day like that once in a while. Of course too many days like that would turn me into Lazy-Lav!!!
                            Happy ebaying to you!!!

Pauly, there's leftover taco fixins here if you're still hungry!!

Hello to the rest of the crew. Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                            X