Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sweet September

Morning all -

Great to hear from everybody! Lav, we had big thunder and lightening storms from last evening on, and we're in deluge mode here today... but I think cooler air is on the way. This rain sure helps one to empathize with TX... I can't imagine this much rain going on for days and days. And now here comes another huge storm. Last summer we made friends with a family of musicians from Cuba - I am watching the storm and hoping they will not be too badly affected --- on all these islands, where can they go to safety? Nowhere! How terrifying...

SK, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I apologize that I didn't know all that you have been through - I only read this thread, so I'm out of the loop on the larger MWO world. But we're all about compassion here, so I hope you will feel safe. Sending support your way.

Det, wishing you a good day today.

Pauly, that sounds like a big work load for you and Kell!! Talking to 15 people in a day would send me right over the edge. Unless I'm giving a talk, that is... and that reminds me I have to get ready to present to a library on Saturday... goodness, where is my brain!? Thanks for the reminder about the 'my fitness site', I will check it out.

Star, it sounds like the universe has been watching out for you -- what a good decision to use this time to get healthy. We live a long way away from the nearest Costco or Trader Joe's, but we do have the great produce from the Hudson Valley close at hand, so that makes up for it. Fantastic that you have found a naturopath! Go for it! They may have some great approaches for you.

Wishing all a day where we can memorize one happy moment - remember the 16-second rule? The thing is to concentrate on something good and hold it in your mind for 16 seconds... apparently it takes that long for us to create a happy memory... happy memory hunting!
    Last edited by treegirl; September 6, 2017, 07:51 AM.

Comment

X-post, Pauly! Sorry about the fatigue -- That is really the pits to be dragging yourself around, I get it. Take care, you may be fighting off Louie's bug!! Wishing you well ---

Comment

Good evening everyone,

First half of the day was OK, cloudy but then the rain moved in this afternoon. I see a great deal of mud in my future, ha ha.
        Watching the news about Irma destroying 90% of the buildings on the island of Saint Martens is just awful. Now it's heading for Miami, geez.

Star & Pauly, a membership to Costco is not a bad idea. Not everything you buy there is necessarily in bulk. They have a good selection & good prices. We actually shop at one in Delaware where there's no sales tax so if you are buying TVs or things like that we are saving $$. The Delaware store is actually closer to us than the PA store, go figure.

Star, I think the universe was looking out for you by moving you away from that job. No one deserves to be treated badly at work.
        Keep taking good care of yourself, everything is going to be OK

Pauly, you really work in a busy shop! That is a lot of haircuts in one day, ha ha!
        Make sure you are taking your probiotics to help your immune system fight off Louie's cold germs!!!!

SK, I am so sorry for your loss, I had no idea :hug:
        Why would anyone here on this site be so mean? I have received a few nastygrams over the years from individuals who were just basically miserable people. Ignore them like I do.
        Isn't it funny how the grandkids seem to be born computer whizzes these days? And they all love animal noises - weird!

Cyn, we have friends on vacation in the Keys & they are trying to make their way home now. Our other friends we haven't heard from yet, I don't know if they are considering staying put in FL or what? Such a huge worry! Remember Hurricane Andrew in '92? My niece was stationed at Homestead AFB & lost her newly purchased home in that storm. Oh boy, I hate to see that happening again. I hope all your friends are safe & sound somewhere!
        I don't know how much weather we will see with Irma but I am thinking about making some preparations. Take care of yourself.

Det, hello to you & I hope your day was good!

I even managed to get a little work done today so I am happy.
        Have a restful night everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning...

Up early again today, still fighting this cold, virus, allergic reaction, whatever it is. Had a rough day yesterday healthwise, but was able to meet most of my goals, but no Costco. That will wait for another day. Boy, it is cold here, woke up to 46 degrees. Had a lovely time at my bookclub yesterday, so glad I decided to go. It was relaxing, just four of us and we end up talking about things other than the book. Meeting next month so have another book to download on my tablet.

Lav, it is a real worry with people we know in Florida, know someone who is leaving today to come to Indiana. It is that bad. I wonder how the rest of the US will be affected. I remember in the past we had three weeks of rain when a hurricane moved up to the midwest, so anything is possible. Thanks for the support re: my old job, I just get bored and lonely sometimes. Getting sick has not helped my mood either. I do like not having to put up with my old boss' BS though. Today I am going to focus on gratitude and see how it goes. Hope you have a good day.

Cyn, it has really cooled off here, not shorts weather anymore, I had to get out the long pants and was grateful for the warmth. The rain with hurricanes is terrifying to me, losing everything and having to deal with the aftermath. It really puts things in perspective with safety being first priority.

Pauly, I have been getting really fatigued in the afternoon too, I want to feel strong and healthy. I did not have my grandson over this week, I feel so lousy and need to be healthy to take care of him. Take care.

Hello to SK and Det, hope you are well. Have a great AF day.

Comment

Morning friends,Cyn haven't heard if the 16 second rule,,only the 5 second rule which I use daily haha great advice though,Star sorry you're still feeling yucky maybe you caught a small cold? Or the weather change? Our bodies are so darn sensitive it seems,how's your son doing? Lav,it rained overnight here thunder woke me up briefly, you keep yourself safe! Irma looks fierce I keep hoping it loses speed,bought a new body pillow but it's too fluffy and it makes it hard to relax on it,think I'm gonna wash my old one and use it again and just use the new one to prop up my head when I watch TV,SK,hope all is moving along with you,try to just let your anger go,its really not worth it IMO,just ficus on yourself and family right now wishing all a happy,happy,AF Thursday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi guys,

Just a quick note today - things have been a little crazy here today, and there's still miles to go...

Star, so sorry about you not feeling better - you might have been hit by a really hard, long bug... I too was very exasperated by not feeling well for so long, so I get it. Good luck, and good job working on gratitude - that is really hard when you don't feel well.

Lav, your plan to prepare is probably good - we have been told that it won't affect us so much here, though we are part of the Appalachians, so who knows. We had power out today because of some tree branch from our neighbor's or our house... crazy! Good luck to your friends trying to escape the storm. In the car today I heard the announcement of all the special plans they have put in place in FL about auto fuel, wifi zones, shelters, etc. Big planning, I hope it helps. The poor people of Puerto Rico - without power for ?6 months? Feeling very grateful today for our position out of these terrible storms.

Det and SK - greetings, hope you are well --

Wishing all a good remainder of an AF Thursday --

Comment

Good evening friends,

Slept a bit better last night. Even though the house is temperature controlled somehow my body knows when it's cooler outside, hence better sleep.
                This is my favorite time of the year, once hurricane season is over of course.
                The pictures of storm destruction on the news are just horrible. I can't imagine having to try to cope without power for such a long period of time. I get fed up after just a few days. Not being able to shower or wash clothes is the pits

Star, sorry you are still dragging. Your system really took a hit from something, it takes time to heal. Being patient is not a specialty of mine, ha ha.
                There was a post card delivered today from the county food bank - they are looking for volunteers. I just may look them up online & see if there is something I can do to help.
                It's good for all of us to have a sense of purpose & to help our neighbors.

Pauly HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU YOUNG THING
                I just realized today that you were born 69 days after I was married - geez, I am that old, ha ha!
                I hope you had a great day!!!!

Cyn, we may or may not see any weather from Irma but we were burned pretty badly back in '03. Just two months after moving in here some big storm blew through the area & left us with no power for 4 or 5 days. No power around here = no running water, showers, toilets, etc - all the important stuff. Ever since then we have been ready for anything that comes along. Hopefully we will all be spared the hassle.
                Still haven't heard from my friends in FL. I truly hope they are on the road somewhere heading north.
                I hope you et caught up with all your stuff

Hi there to Det & SK, hope you are both well.

Have a nice night everyone!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Wow, the news from the hurricane is so concerning, praying for Florida and the entire area. Living in the Midwest, we will get rain from Irma on Tuesday, what a huge storm.

Pauly, yes, I must have picked up a virus or something, I broke out in hives yesterday, slowly getting better, very tired and sleeping alot. Sorry to be so boring, I hate organ recitals, but this thing has really kicked my butt. Any fun plans for today your day off? I get to exercise, then go to grocery store and Lowe's. We hired someone to treat our fence with stain, so have to go and buy that today too. Nice to be getting things accomplished. My son is OK workwise, but the guy he was dating broke up with him and he was so hurt. Then, his internet service screwed him over and will not turn him back on. They are saying he did not pay when he did. They would not call him back, so we went to the store, he proved he paid with his bank statement, but they said you have to call this number. He was too tired to call them again last night, it was close to 8 pm, I do not know what good it will do. What a bunch of BS. So no TV or internet at his house. That really sucks. Plus, he paid for the services. He is a lonely guy, and it hurts as a parent to see this. I am grateful we live close to him and can have dinner with him and stuff. How is Kell doing? I wished you happy birthday on FB, so again, hope your birthday was wonderful.

Cyn, what a pain to lose electricity, hope it is back quickly. I am reading a good book I found online about a person who used all types of alternative strategies to get better and change her brain. Interesting. She focused on daily meditation, yoga, nutrition, neurofeedback and accupunture. She had brain injury, but I am learning it is the daily practice of these things that changes our brains and our lives. I need a new morning routine.

Lav, bring patient is not a specialty of mine either. I think the hives I broke out with have to do with the allergic reaction I set off in my body by eating bad food on my trip. I have to be so careful in the future. Today I just had a smoothie for breakfast and lentil soup for lunch and dinner, so hope this helps. I have been so tired and thank goodness have been able to take naps since I am not working right now. My body needs to heal. I think it would be great to look into volunteering at the food bank. Getting out of the house and interacting with others is so important for me. Today I am going to work out and then take a yoga class, so I hope it does not wipe me out.

No fun plans for Friday, but grateful it will be an AF weekend.

Comment

Morning everybody,

Pauly HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! When was it, yesterday? So sorry not to be on time with wishes - but I hope you know that I am always wishing you the best in life. Here's to a new wonderful year for you - I hope it brings a lot of happiness and good health!

Star I hope that you are on the mend today. Take it slowly - I know that you want to completely get over whatever this is so that you can enjoy the autumn! Self care rules! So glad that you went to book club and had a good time - sounds like you are building some relationships.

Lav, I hear ya on the power outages... 10 days after moving out here to the east, we had that October 28 inch snowfall that took out the power of the entire western part of the state. No way out of the house for a couple of days while I waited for the plow, no heat, no hot water, no phone, the whole deal. Fortunately I heeded the warnings to prepare, so I had plenty of water, made a huge pot of pea soup, gassed up the car. Note to self; take a shower and do laundry ahead of the storm! That part I forgot, and also I had no kindling so my fires were pretty pathetic! I knew where our camping gear was packed, so I got out the camp stove and cooked in the garage; that's when I learned to put my morning tea in a thermos.. I do that to this day! 6 days without power taught me a lot. The thing I always tell people to add to their emergency list is a multi plug -- when I finally was able to drive to NY state where there was power, people were hoarding the outlets, ha! I was glad that I brought a multiplug so that I could convince them to let me share the power. I was over prepared for Sandy, but better that than underprepared. I can't imagine the whole state of Florida being evacuated... what an unbelievable situation. I hope people are finding resources...

Hello to Det and SK ---

Welll, lots to be grateful for today -- and lots of compassionate loving kindness to send to the world --- wishing all well for an AF Friday ---

Comment

X-post Star! Wow, you have a big day planned - take care that you don't exhaust yourself! Yes, I believe that one can change pretty much everything in our lives with the things you list. I was tired and had terrible brain fog this last month, and I did a big switch to a different approach and I seem to be doing a lot better... we'll see if it holds. In the meantime, all new recipe hunting, uuugh. Good luck to you!

Comment

Morning friends,Star I think I caught Lou's cold,started sneezing and had that familiar tickle in my throat yesterday, ugh! No Internet or TV would kill me,hope your son gets it straightened out not fair if he paid it doggonit! Does he still have the roommate? Cyn,at least you were prepared,actually sounds like you were very well prepared,6 days without power would be rough,,I really hope that Irma is hyped up and doesn't hit as bad as they think,those poor people thanks for the birthday wishes you guys,means a lot,I just got dine texting with Kells bf,,he'd been up drinking all night again, I'm afraid he's gonna hurt himself with this shit and wonder why he's drinking to this extent? It wasn't this bad before and I know Kells gonna be upset later when she comes by,damn Lav,you should defo check into the volunteering,I should look into volunteering but I wanna get paid haha, Brady called in sick yesterday!! Half my kids are lazy and the other half are workaholic! Ugh,,,hope they don't let him go+it makes hubs look bad cuz its his kid,anyhoo wishing us all a PEACEFUL PLEASE,AF Friday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends,

Gosh we had such a nice day here I almost feel guilty. It was cool & sunny, just the way I like it of course.
                          I am seriously hoping my friend on the west coast of FL has changed her mind about staying during the storm. Irma has changed track & it now looks like the east & west coasts are going to be hit hard, geez.

Star, don't you think it's unusual to be breaking out in a rash a week or more after the fact? Have you considered possibly a mosquito or tick bite? The exhaustion you're feeling has me concerned. Have you had an fever or headache? Nurse Lav always has a lot of questions. Maybe you need some blood work done to check inflammation markers? I want you to feel better asap :hug:
                          It seems like your son has had more than his fair share of bad luck, sorry to hear about that stuff. We just want our kids to be happy & healthy. I hope things start looking up for him real soon.

Cyn, I don't know what bothers me more during a power failure - the lack of flushing toilets or the lack of showers, haha! All I know is I feel gross after a few days, yuck.
                          I can't imagine having to live in a shelter for an unknown amount of time, surrounded by strangers, etc. I am praying, hoping & wishing for the best for everyone in the path of Irma.
                          I don't think we are going to get a whole lot of bad weather but I will be prepared anyway.

Pauly, sounds like the BF has some real issues that need to be addressed. Do you think he's depressed? Worried about the new baby coming, that sort of thing? I hope things improve for them before it's too late.
                          So why did Brady call in sick? He doesn't like the job? What else do you think he would like to do?
                          Glad you had a good BD

I hope yo are all aware of the huge data breach at Equifax.
                          be sure you go to Cybersecurity Incident & Important Consumer Information | Equifax to check to see if you're involved in the data breach. We checked our SS#'s this morning & found that mine was safe but YB is not. They are offering help if you were impacted.

Have a good night everyone!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Late check-in. Did I hear of a birthday girl? HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAULY.

I just got back from being with Vivian at the carnival. It as sponsored by the R.C. church and I hope it goes to a good cause. A bit pricey but no carnies, just clean cut operators. I went on 3 rides. One was the Chinese dragon and it was rather intense and when we got off my daughter pointed to a sign that said people with back or neck issues should not be on this ride, oops. I felt so privileged to be with Vivian, she is so bubbly and excited and doesn"t need anybody to have a good time. I left early while they were having nachos and deep fried snickers bars. Vivian was saying she wasn't going on any more rides or she would throw up. Both my internet and cell providers have been out. I took my phone back today and it was a technical issue with the phone because I hadn't turned the phone completely off in a while. The frozen screen on my computer came back to life. It was a very good day!

Pauly, I hope you had a good birthday and that it involved good food - not at the Cracker Barrel.
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good morning...

Lav, thanks for your concern re: my health. I am definitely getting better, when I am hit with an allergic reaction like this, it takes time for me to get back to normal. If I was getting sicker I would definitely go to a doctor, but each day I am improving. Today I am having my daughter and family spend the night, I feel strong enough for all the action again. I am making a big pot of chili and mushroom soup, vegan of course. I was able to enjoy two exercise classes yesterday, and accomplish all my goals. Yes, I napped again, but that is ok for now. What a pain in the neck about the Equifax, I think they should have to notify us if they messed up, geez. The weather here is just gorgeous too, I am enjoying it with all the windows open and warmth and sunshine.

Pauly, sorry you caught the cold, it is hard when the little ones cough right in your face. Hopefully Kell's BF will get it together soon, interesting that he talks to you about his partying.

Cyn, I think if I lived in a place that regularly lost power I would invest in a generator, it sounds super difficult to get anything done with no electricity. You are a warrior. Are you feeling any better? I love cooler weather and fall, it always energizes me. We love by some apple orchards and I am looking forward to getting fresh produce and cider.

Skendall, sounds like you had some fun, take care.

Det, hope you are doing well.

Have a great AF Saturday.

Comment

Morning friends,Star her bf had texted me cuz he knows I'm an early bird and would be up at 4:30 while he was still up from the night before,god I do NOT miss those days! I think like Lav said he's got issues,my amateur psychology thinks its fear over how the last pregnancy ended up last year and maybe he's afraid of something going wrong,or he's afraid of his health problems so figure why not,or he's just being an ass,who knows.SK,glad you had fun,you need some fun right now, thank God for grandkids,everyone else can be nuts but they keep us centered I've been on that dragon ride supposed to be for kids but still the ups and downs and twists hit pretty hard,hope your back isn't sore,Cyn,what do you have planned for the day? I'm working and very unexcited about it,,Saturday is just not my favorite day up there,oh well,wishes for a soothing sober Saturday

Comment

Working...
                                X