Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c firdovsept

moanin all,
    thanks for da brew, Mick. I did a switch from coffee to tea here lately, less jittery jones. That pic was by an old mill and the mill race was whacked away from a flood that was a localized event in 1995. Some weird storm in the mountains that rained 24" in 16 hours.

donning the soil & water hat, just realized I need to dash,
    be well good friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick hope the dentist is just a check up? Seems like you and I lived at the dentist office last year I picked up one of the hygienists as a haircut customer and last time I cut her hair she said I need to come in for cleaning and yearly check up, meh,thought I was done! Yes our 99 cents stores have evolved to 99& up but I've bought some nice brand name stuff there for under $10 still,Sam its great to see you,I'll have to check fb for the pic,hope your day is bueno Det,hope the blues blow away! It really sucks to feel down,almost a brain foggy feeling, I've been waking up and instantly think of my brother and my dad being sick,Lav always said its ANTS automatic negative thoughts and we have to kill the ants fast! PQ,what dinner did I miss last night? You have the foods closest to what I eat so I'm always curious haha,Pie still hasn't checked in yet,I really hope she's ok,SF too,hi TT wherever you are! Much love to all and I hope today's a positive AF Tuesday for us all
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I think I know a gardener, his name is Mick. Got those landing lines painted?

Det...glad you found your way back. LOL Yes, it sucks going through the blues and I'm so pleased you heeded Mick's advice and got active. Can't do anything about "whatever" but I can get off the couch. Keep it up and try to stay in the moment.

Mick...I'm glad the BP is ok. Learning a lot about BP dealing with my MIL. My BP has always been ace regardless of the sh*t I'm going through at any current time, so I'm grateful for that. Hope the dentist trip is just a check up in preparation for the camping trip.

Sam...wish I had the time to find a pic of a "soil & water hat"! I'll look for one later.

Pauly...last night was beef stew with the remainders of my potatoes, carrots and onions from the garden. Loved the aromas coming out of the kitchen all day. About the dentist...not going there! Can't even go in for a cleaning without freezing!

Feels like a new year beginning today. Start of fiscal year, start of school, start of community programs...and I'm starting with another brew first. Decided that this year I'm putting myself as priority #1 and that feels pretty good. Have a Terrific Tuesday all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey friends, just swimming up to the surface for a breath of air, and checking in to say hello. :happy2:

Holey Toledo! I thought the rain would never end. Until one day it did. And not a drop of it came into my house, or into my car. Even my dogs stayed dry, 'cause they wouldn't go outside the entire time. So, other than nearly running out of pee pads, I have no personal disaster to report. Been helping friends who weren't so lucky, and there are many. Fortunately, the house where my Dad lives didn't flood either, but now he wants to marry the caregiver again because Trump is dicking with DACA. Getting around the city is challenging because of ongoing flooded roads and freeways, but the grocery trucks have returned with milk, bread, eggs, and meat.

Lav and Sam, I surely hope Harvey's girlfriend Irma doesn't come ashore looking for him in your necks of the woods.

Hi Mick, Pauly, PQ, Det, and others. I'll have to do some reading back to find out what you're all up to. :heartbeat:

Comment

Thank goodness Pie! I'm so happy to see you and know you're ok!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

So good to see your post Pi. A lot of us were worried. Glad to hear everything is ok. Oh no...not the caregiver marriage again. Might be harder to talk him into wait and see this time.

Exhausting day, it was nonstop! First day of school and many programs resuming. Going to take it easy tonight and hopefully a rejuvenating sleep....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Sitting here typing during some awesome thunder & lightening - hope the power stays on

Pie, WONDERFUL to see you!
                We have been concerned about you, glad to hear you are in one piece. I'm sure there is going to be a ton of work ahead for all those poor people who were flooded out of their homes. You really feel helpless sitting here watching the news. I've made some donations but there's nothing else I can do to help. I sure hope your dad forgets about the marriage thing again, that wouldn't be an easy thing to deal with. We went to Costco today to load up on bottled water & dog food just in case Irma makes an appearance next week, ugh.

Mick, I hope your dental visit was an easy one.
                YB finally showed me what he's been up to in the greenhouse all summer. He has dozens & dozens of potted plants (Spider plants & Christmas cactus mostly) that he started from cuttings. Now he needs to figure out where to get rid of them, ha ha! I should mail you some plants

Det, I hope you are feeling good today & staying positive. Like Pauly said earlier, I don't let negative thoughts take root in my head. As soon as I recognize them I push them right out, distract myself with something else. It works!!!!

Pauly, go get your teeth cleaned, it makes you feel good
                It's nice to have a good relationship with you hygienist, haha.

Sam, you are a busy guy, good for you!
                Are you thinking of making any storm preparations for Irma?

PQ, a busy day goes fast, that's for sure! Hope you get some decent sleep.

Hello to the rest of the folks & wishing a good night for all.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Alooo ABerooos!

Mick, great news the neck is on the mend. Is your press up what we call a push up?

Pie! thanks for swimming back to us, what an ordeal indeed. Looking forward to adventures
                  you may have share.

Got a buck raise today which is ironic as I'm interviewing elsewhere... but it's good new nonetheless.

Pauly, hope family get well soon.

Lav, are you in the predicted path of Irma? good idea to stock up as we never know what nature has awaiting.

going to do some much needed relaxicating and figure out some chow.

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay great to see ya pie ...glad you made it ok and that everything is safe with you including your dad and his amorous intent..we dont get Irmas and things like that ..it just floods everywhere!!
                    well thats me finshed at the dentist ...now its only 6 monthly check ups ..February 12th last year was when I first started going ,so it has been a long painful journey...was it worth it? yes ..I would do it again if I had to...

so how are we all today then? good I hope..lets have a brew..

hi ppqp...hows you today then ..start of the fiscal year?oh boy enjoy ..Id start with a large brew...blood pressure accounts for a lot of things ..things that you wouldnt think are affected..here are a few

standing on your head seems uncomfortable..

putting on your shoes ..as you bend over low blood pressure makes you keel over..

spending money (especially Scots) makes the heart race causing an increase in blood pressure.

seeing a pretty girl...increases the blood pressure...in a variety of ways ...at my age the main one being ...shit I could get locked up by the thought police!"!

none of these are true by the way..in case you hadnt guessed Im not medically qualified.....

hiya pauly hows you today then ? hope you are well /...Im actually on yootoob finding how to prune back a bougie ..its got one long straggly branch..you got rid of the ants?

hi Lav hows you then today..?finished my little indoor garden on top of the rabbit hutch ..what do you think? check the tiger wood (burnt and varnished) surround

20170906_063213.jpg

20170906_063309.jpg

here you go ..one brew...yep Ill have some plants from you ..it sounds like me with tomatoes that does.....hope you stay safe from the storm.

hiya det hows you then..ok ?congrats on the raise...!!yep press up /push up.....meant to say that max recorded was in a minute..I held the prison service record at one stage..not for too long tho.i actually find that speed push ups make you work a lot harder ..and reduce the amount of time for negativity...it then becomes a bug ...you try and beat your last ..give it a go...

hi sam the man 24 inches of rain in one smack ...wow no wonder the mill couldnt cope!!

Hi snoopster ,sok and everyone else ..hope you are all good...

take iteazee peeps#

It's stage four of the Tour of Britain in Liverpool today. Stage five has already been cancelled as there won't be any fcking bikes left!

If you're on the motorway and the person driving in front of you turns on the wipers when it's not raining, it can only mean one thing.
                    She will be changing lanes.

After waiting ages for a reply, I've finally got a letter from the Royal Mail confirming my job application has been successful.
                    I start last Monday.

21231587_1549126148488136_3656230613812685628_n.jpg
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning, hi Mick and all you great MWO members. Pie, good to hear you are OK, what a lot to go through. Let's all have a great Hump Day.

Comment

morning all
                        Pi, thanks for letting us know. Irma looks pretty devastating, sure hope it takes a drastic away from the east coast. Then there's another following.
                        gotta wake the Mrs. and get rocking. be well friends
                        Sam
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, well Mick shopping makes my heart race out of excitement! So that ones true love the plants,looks nice,I have something similar on the patio cuz this year my outdoor in ground garden was a dud,much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Wednesday, back later

Comment

Hi folks. Managed to get on. All is good although the project I am doing here is challenging. I haven't read back much which always annoys me so I will try to grab glimpses of recent posts so I can catch up.
                            Irma sounds dreadful. Is anyone from our group affected?
                            Ok I will try to post soon but remember I am thinking of you

Comment

TT,we're thinking of you too hope you're travels are going well

Comment

Hi pie, I'm glad you checked in I was thinking about you. It is devastating for all, glad you escaped from it. I was flying back from Phoenix last week and we had a full crisis team on board. Texans are tough and the organized help is amazing. I don't know what the future holds but Tx will rebuild if necessary. Houston is the 4th largest city in the US if that can put it into perspective.
                                Mick, glad the dental work is over. Like you I would do it again.
                                Pauly, the line ups for cracker barrel are pretty long here. I haven't had a bad experience but thought it was over rated. Wwhen you do long distance driving it does offer some variation. Did you contact customer services?
                                Det, congratulations on your raise and the same good wishes for your sobriety. Well done.
                                Tree, I think people have referred to you as Cyn, is that you? And I think snoopy is Star?
                                Lav, so that's what YB has been up to. I hope Irma gets downgraded, good move on the stocking up. Do you think it's climate change.
                                Sam, good to see you. Are you in Irma's path?
                                When I lived in WA state there were articles about an earthquake being over due. The west coast has had it pretty good but now the fires
                                Oy!
                                Our temps have fallen into the 80s so it's very pleasant.
                                PPQ are you in Quebec or Alberta?
                                And for the most wanted answer lol are calcium tablets good for our nails?
                                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                                X