w/c 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 15th

mornin all winds till very strong,quite a bit of damage last night thankfully so far none for us..everything battened down and put in the garage.supposed to fade out about 3 this aft ...everywhere is covered in sand too...
    brew time then and on we go...

guess what weve got starting? The original series of the A team starts on telly this week...whatcha doin fooool??

hiya ppqp...how are you then today less mess ..less stress?/ hope so...remember work to live...

hiya det how are you then today?hope all is well with you today? sparagus is easy to cook ,but its a pain to grow....

hiya Lav ..how are you today then?hope all is well ..meant to ask hows the greenhouse doing ? whats growing? heres the daily brew madam....

hiya pauly ...hows you then? we have loads of sand all over the windows and cars today and it isnt finished..what are you up to today then?

hey Sam ...hows you matey? stuck in a rut huh?go for it with the fiddle mate ...idle hands and all that ....

a big hello to everyone else that is on here ... HELLO

Just wanna say a big thanks to Dave at number 26 for the gazebo it looks lovely in my garden.

THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:
    Indubitably
    Innovative
    Preliminary
    Proliferation
    Cinnamon

THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:
    Specificity
    British Constitution
    Passive-aggressive disorder
    Loquacious Transubstantiate

THINGS THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:
    Thanks, but I don't want to have sex
    Nope, no more booze for me
    Sorry, but you're not really my type
    Good evening officer, isn't it lovely out tonight

Two Men were out fishing when one decides to have a smoke He asks the other guy if he has a lighter He replies "Yes I do!" and hands the other a 10 inch long BIC lighter Surprised the guy asks "Where did you get this?" The guy replies "Oh I have a personal genie." The first man asks "Can I make a wish? " Sure says the other man "Just make sure that you speak clearly cause he is a little hard at hearing" "Ok I will" says the other as he rubs the lamp a genie appears and asks the man what he wants The man says " I want a Million Bucks " The genie says OK and goes back to his bottle and 10 seconds later a million ducks fly over head And the guy says to the other " Your genie realy sucks at hearing doesnt he?" The other man replies "I know, do you really think I asked for a 10 inch BIC"

A father watched his daughter playing in the garden. He smiled as he reflected on how sweet and innocent his little girl was. Suddenly she just stopped and stared at the ground. He went over to her and noticed she was looking at two spiders mating. "Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?" she asked. "They're mating," her father replied. "What do you call the spider on top, Daddy?" she asked. "That's a Daddy Longlegs," her father answered. "So, the other one is Mommy Longlegs?" the little girl asked. "No," her father replied. "Both of them are Daddy Longlegs. " The little girl thought for a moment, then she stomped them flat and said "Well, it might be okay in California, Vermont, and New York, but we're not having any of that shit in Texas."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
      thanks for the kick off, Mick. enjoyed the genie joke! getting any rain from the hurricane?

might of had our first frost last night night, we covered up sweet tators just in case.

Lav, where you get your baby chicks? the last supplier gave us 3 roosters, and this batch is really skittish. any frost your way today? hate to see gardens wind down but it is that time of year

Pauly, halloween just around the corner, you do anything with the young un for halloween?

PQ, computer problems are annoying, we spend enough time on them as is, 10 fold when trying figure what a glitch. hope your day today is better.

Det, I was listening to an interesting show on NPR yesterday regarding sleep and how important it is even as we age. My sleep habits have changed, more restless at night, no dreams lately that I remember though.

well, off to the mines. hope everyone has a most pleasurable day
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...it appears I'll be joining you with the wind today. Warnings in place with up to 130 km/h gusts. Off to get xrays and mammogram this morning then back to deal with the computer gremlins.

Sam...I too get sad when the gardens wind down, but it's amazing to see them all come back in the spring.

Shout out to everyone else....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick what a crazy storm! Love the jokes Sam,I guess Lou finally settled on a spiderman costume,Kell sent me a video and he looks cute,PQ,crazy winds for you too,keep safe,fall allergies have hit hubs and I last night was awful but I just gotta deal,much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Tuesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Back again...

Much easier day today. In and out of radiology in under an hour this morning, man they were good.
            We are also celebrating the death of the computer gremlin. :yay:
            Crazy winds have power lines and lamp posts down in all 4 corners of the city and a fire being fueled by the winds about 1/2 hr north of me. All good at my place though.
            Pauly...supper tonight is ham steak, mac & cheese and broccoli. Hope your allergies are short lived....:smile:PPQP
            Last edited by porqoui; October 17, 2017, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I almost feel guilty saying we had a nice sunny day with cool temps - perfect

Mick, I hope the damage isn't too bad, geez. What a crazy hurricane season, huh?
              YB has the greenhouse filled up with plants that he's been propagating with plans to sell them at the auction where all the Amish buy & sell their stuff. He's been accepted in their community somehow. If he comes home without his truck & driving a horse & buggy - he's outta here, ha ha!!!

Sam, we have always gotten chicks shipped from Murray McMurray's hatchery in Iowa. This spring I simply went up to our local feed store because all I wanted was 6 Buff Orpingtons. All 6 turned out to be female too. When we get the males in the big shipments I end up taking them to the Amish guy, don't want them. As a matter of fact we took all of our Rhode Island Reds to the Amish guy (except for 3) because they were so crazy & skittish. The Orpingtons are larger & calmer & don't bite me, ha ha!! If you can wait until spring, just buy them locally, even Tractor Supply has them for sale.

Hope you had some better sleep last night Det. Nightmares are not fun, not at all.

PQ, glad to hear your day was much improved, yay!
              I hope you don't have power problems tonight due to the high winds.

Pauly, get yourselves some Claritin - allergy season is almost over

Have a nice night everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Heya ABeroooskies!

Mick, glad you've literally weathered the storm. Rabbits not suffering trauma? they are delicate things.

PPQ, glad you exorcised the gremlins!

Lav, please send us a pic of YB on a donkey pulling a wooden cart whilst wearing a straw hat LOL

Pauly, so glad you are into the Halloween fun with your kiddos.

Still crap sleep last night. egad! looking over diet/supps etc.

well, time to fire up some Cajun-inspired beans and rice for din din. Maybe more carbs at night is an adjustment
                that will help.

gnight loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all ..how are we today then? all good ..well thats the storms over ...you wouldnt believe it ..all we got was rain and loads of sand!!this morning is sunnyb but definitely an autumnal day...very cxrisp not far off the firsrt frosts..

so off we go then ...brew time it is...

hiya Sam...how are you today then? hope all is well..as for the rain we got a fair bit ,but yesterday we got very little...it was sunny with gales...yes I agree with the change in sleep patterns,only I need less and less !be well my mate

hiya ppqp...well did the winds materialise?did the gremlins disappear at work?.....hope your xrays went ok

hiya pauly hows you then today? all good I hope ...so you now own a baby spiderman eh?take a look at this ....

YouTube

hiya Lav ...how are you then? all good hopefully...heres todays brew madam...have you seen the height of this now ?it loves it here ..but still no flowers!!

20171018_092119.jpg

so you dont fancy getting chauffeured around in a horse and buggy?

hiya det..hows you apart from no sleep.. beans with cajun?thats the thing about beans you can add anything to them,...rabbits are doing fine ...shhhh

right peeps have a good one ...wheres everyone else?

When I was younger, everyone would laugh when I said I was going to be a comedian.
                  Well, they're not laughing now!!!

A new nurse listened while the doctor was yelling, "Typhoid! Tetanus! Measles!" The new nurse asked another nurse, "Why is he doing that?" The other nurse replied, "Oh, he just likes to call the shots around here."

During a funeral for a woman who had henpecked her husband, drove her kids half nuts, scrapped with the neighbors at the slightest opportunity, and even made neurotics of their cat and dog with her explosive temper. As the casket was lowered into the grave, a violent thunderstorm broke, and the pastor's benediction was drowned out by a blinding flash of lightning, followed by terrific thunder. "Well, at least we know she got there all right," commented her husband

Snow White & Pinocchio: Snow White saw Pinocchio walking through the woods so she ran up behind him, knocked him flat on his back, and then sat on his face crying, "Lie to me! Lie to me!"

Jessie James robbed a train he said I'm going to rob all the men and do naughties all the women! One man stood up and said you can rob us, shoot us or whatever but you leave the women Soon thereafter an old lady stood up and said shut up and sit down jessie knows what he's doin!!!

When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm.

An old man in a nursing home awoke one day and trundled down the hallway to the community breakfast room looking rather forlorn. Ms. Smith, a nurse, met him in the hallway. She greeted him smilingly and asked how he was this day. Mr. Jones allowed that not all was well; in fact, his penis had died during the night. Ms. Smith knew that Mr. Jones was occasionally a little off mentally, so she merely replied that she was sorry to hear the bad news and went on her way. The next morning Mr. Jones was on his way to breakfast again but on this day he was dressed in a coat and tie, and his penis was hanging out of his pants. Sure enough, he met Ms. Smith whereupon -- although somewhat startled -- she calmly reminded him that the day before he had told her his penis had died and asked why it was hanging out of his pants. Mr. Jones replied simply, "Today is the viewing."

Q: How do you know you are a true stoner?
                  A: When your bong gets washed more than your dishes!

Police Officer: "How high are you?" Pothead: "No officer, it's "Hi, How are you?"
                  Q: What do you call a pothead with two spliffs? A: Double jointed.

Q: What do you call one bowl between three tokers ? A: Malnutrition.

I. Q: What do you call a family that grows Marijuana in their backyard?
                  A: A Joint Family.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...yup, winds were outrages! Grass fires everywhere, lots of small town evacuations. No power outage for me, all's good. Gremlins excised and xrays were good. All in all a good way to start the day. :thumbsup:

Should be an easy day as I'm not doing any system upgrades till after the annual general meeting in November so that chore is in the box for now. Little bit of cleaning up in the garden left to do, want to get on it before the snow decides to come and stick around. Have a Wonderful Wednesday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,not feeling great this morning so just a quick hello from me,wishes for a nice Wednesday for us all
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                        Mae everybody,not feeling great this morning so just a quick hello from me,wishes for a nice Wednesday for us all
                        whats up pauly?

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Nice day here, clear & cool
                          The nice day lasted until the news stations started reporting on a workplace shooting about 45 min south of here
                          I swear every damn freaking nutcase has a gun in the US. He ended up killing 4 & injuring several more critically. He was caught in a college town about 20 min from here - the Feds took him alive.

Det, a few extra carbs make a difference for me too - go ahead & indulge. We all have to sleep, right?

Mick, when the produce a horse drawn buggy with AC, heat & Serius XM radio - I'll think about making the switch, ha ha.
                          Your plant looks happy, must be getting the right light. Maybe some plant food will help it bloom?

PQ, hope your day was wonderfully good

Pauly, are you OK? Speak!!!

I'm heading out with my old work friends for lunch tomorrow. It's always a gab fest, Lol.
                          Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Heya ABerooos,

a bit blue here to put it mildly... didn't get the job I've interviewed now 5 times for. Super competitive stuff. alas... sigh....

Mick, how did you get sand? you near the beach? glad all is ok.

Lav, more carbs seemed to help sleep but still felt like the walking dead all day and almost nodding off on the way home
                            with only an hour of overtime. I just dunno.

Pauly, feel better hon.

PPQ, hopefully not too smokey there with all the fires.

yes, nutjobs have access to guns as well as 200million other people that will never consider an act of violence. I revert to Mick's comments from
                            a few days ago.... if they are determined and willing to die they will use trucks, bombs, poison gas, commercial airliners, you name it. evil finds a way.
                            Just as good does.
                            I'm doing my best to promote the good. Sometimes it's hard to carry on and I'm feeling it tonight. ugh. maybe some music playing on my
                            synth gizmo will be the right therapy tonight.

peace and love to all my dear ABer's
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Ah Det...you do sound a little down. :hug: Sorry to hear you didn't get the job and with the break in and crummy sleep no wonder the blues have set in! Reading your post reminded me of a commercial I again just recently heard. Can't remember what it was selling but it has a "catchy, upbeat" tune and lyrics.
                              "Every time I get knocked down I put one foot, one foot in front of the other." Maybe you could compose an upbeat tune on your synth gizmo?

Pauly...hope you're feeling better.

Lav...the whole world has gone to hell in a hand bag!!! Have fun tomorrow.

Wishing a peaceful night to all....:smile:PPQP
                              Last edited by porqoui; October 18, 2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

hiya folks ...bit busy at the mo...just stopped for a quick break...up early door this morning...painted the walls in the kitchen,repainted all the woodwork...paint dried ...all put back...also started on my bathroom ...remember the undersink cupboard ..well things have moved on ...doing it all on a sea/beach sorta theme...Ive got the glass round fishing floats coming a load of shells,and a section of herring fishing net...trust me it will look good......

back after..

This year I'm going to a Halloween party in Liverpool dressed as a job application form.
                                That should scare the shit out of everyone.

Very awkward moment this morning when my 5 year old son asked me what a dick was.
                                Fortunately a bloke in a Liverpool shirt was walking past us at the same time.

21616278_1565018266898924_7320979999019883252_n.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X