Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 19

Good evening Abbers,

Not too bad outside today, the chickens enjoyed milder temps, ha ha!

Sorry you had so much rain Mick but I guess it's better than snow, right?
    I have never tried horseradish on a tea biscuit & if I did I'm sure the family will think I've lost my mind, LOL
    I'll save it for use on a sandwich or something

PQ, I may be able to change your mind & turn you into a horseradish lover anyway. it sure clears out the stuffed up sinus passages!!

Pauly, I'm sorry you have all that BS to deal with at work. I am going to ask the universe to send you & your daughter new jobs for the new year!

TT, great to see you & wishing you good luck with the interview!

Hello to Pie & Det & anyone else stopping by for a visit.

Have a peaceful night everyone!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well it was a bit longer than I thought. LOL One of our renter groups had their Xmas lunch so dinner tonight is Pork Medallions, Carrots & Peas and Roast Potatoes. :yay:

Pauly...I feel your pain. It's the pits when whoever is left in charge has no authority. Nothing gets resolved, staff gets frustrated and things get said. This would be about the time I'd have a F*K it moment so you be on guard.

Hey TT...I would hate to have an internet job interview. I won't even Face Time with my twin sister. LOL Are you home for awhile now? You must be heading into Summer. I won't post temperatures if you don't.

Lav...you do bring up an interesting point. Next time I'm in a position to try some I will. Perhaps on Thursday?

Det...is it my imagination or have you not checked in for a bit? What's up?

Looking forward to the temps rising to 37F overnight. We need a break. Oh, sorry TT. Have a restful evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya folks..hows things today then? all good I hope..wouldnt say that the weather is bad,but Im writing this underwater....with a gale blowing like mad.the rabbits are all cooried up waiting to be fed...Well Amy went for her job interview as a senior midwife on labour ward in Manchester...asked her how she had done..she reckoned fine....The panel phoned her up last night ...offered her not just the job ,but there are a number of vacancies ...she got the choice chuffed for her..

brew time...

hiya ppqp...how are you today then?feeling good and full of energy?good for you ...yep see if you can loadup a piccy of the gardinz I take it that the yay at the end of your menu post,meansyou will be taking part in said feed?

hiya Lav ...how goes it with you then? glad the chickens are enjoying milder temps....gas mark 4.....???? ok ok Ill get my coat...anyway heres a brew.

hiya tt...hows you then ?best of luck with regards to the interview ...I hope it went well for you...yep you need to get used to posting ...post early for christmas .....is the job a travelling one?

pauly hows you then ? ok I hope ..well I hope you manage to get another job ...for me I would be getting to fk out of it...have you ever thought of any other line of work?I dont know what is avail ...but you certainly dont sound like you are getting the best of deals.

hello everyone else ,pie sk sam etc,

Whenever someone asks me to sign their plaster cast, I always like to write "Last warning. You have a week to get the rest of the money together. Next time we won't be so nice."

I phoned the Weak Bladder Helpline about my problem. It's 1p a minute.

Q What happened to the guy who assaulted the laughing psychic?
        A He was arrested for striking a happy medium.

I bought a new SatNav it's really good,,,
        Yesterday I drove past a Zoo and it said Bear Left .....
        Now that's clever !

I've been charged with murder for killing a man with sandpaper.
        I only intended to rough him up a bit.

Q: What go's peck peck Bang, peck peck Bang...?
        A: A flock of chickens in a mine field!

Last night i tried sharing a bag of chips with a homeless man who was sat on the curb...
        he said sod off and get your own bl@@dy chips.

Last night I dreamed I was the author of Lord of the Rings...
        I was Tolkien in my sleep.

Murphy said to Paddy, "what the f@#k are you doing talking into envelope",
        Paddy said "I'm sending a voice mail

Q: Why have elephants got big ears?
        A: Cos' Noddy won't pay the ransom!

I rang up BT and said: "I want to report a nuisance caller".
        She said: "Not you again"
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick I'm happy for Amy yay! not sure what I'll do after the first of the year,probably try another salon in a,different part of town and see how it goes from there,tried to text Det last night but there was no answer,he's probably busy with work,PQ,don't blame you on the face time,,have you ever turned your camera on and it's front facing looking down on it I feel like Jabba the hut! Not cute much love to all and wishes for a happy,safe AF Wednesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...sorry about the weather we're swimming here too but it's because of the Chinook. Congrats to Amy that's just great! Got my raise today. It wasn't the $50K but I'm ok with $48K for now. Boss said he's still working on adjusting salaries so we'll see what next Nov brings. You are correct, that was my dinner last night, not sure about tonight.

Pauly...I think finding a different salon is a good idea. Sounds like the current one isn't doing you any favours. Yup, have had my camera front facing, scary!

Off to scrounge in the fridge. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

The only person I will face time with is my oldest grandson because he initiates the call. He doesn't seem to care what I look like, ha ha bless his little heart

Mick, the weak bladder hotline??? LOL
              Congrats to Amy on the new job. So this means she will be living close by? Awesome

PQ, you could have used a little horseradish on those pork medallions, yum!
              Why is a vendor having a Christmas lunch this early? Yikes!

Pauly, I hope Det responds to you soon or we're going to have to send out a search party, huh?
              I really do want to see you looking for a new job yourself, very soon.

Just having my daughter, granddaughter & son-in-law over for dinner tomorrow. Not sure what the rest of my family is doing, who knows?
              I ended up buying just a turkey breast to roast, no need for the whole thing. YB did want a turkey thigh though so I bout that too, ha ha!
              All the rest is either ready or ready to be cooked tomorrow. I like being organized & relaxed on a holiday, no stress.

Wishing everyone a nice night & a Happy Thanksgiving/Thursday.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Got ahold of Det and he was having an allergic reaction and got sick,I don't think he'd mind me sharing that,hope he's resting up and will check in tomorrow

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya folks welcome to a wet engerland ...we have 22 flood warnings today ...thank goodness I live on a hill...still in the process of changing the front room around work in progress ...ad also looking at making a shelf out of a pallet too ...Ive gotto think about that.I was so tempted yesterday to buy a 3d printer ..but suddenly thought ..what the hell for..

so here we go ...brew time it is..

hiya pauly how are you today then?all good glad you managed to get in touch with det,as for jabba the hut pics ..ha I turned my camera round ....and it punched me!!!

hiya Lav ..1p penny shortened to p..great innit ...we sent you the peelgreemz and we dont even have thanksgiving..Yes Amy will be living pretty near...I have got a funny feeling that she will move in with Julie (sil) till she eventually buys somewhere ..she (Julie )isnt coping too well and it would be company as well as extra money plus Julie just lives 2 mins walk from Crumpsall hospital. brew for you ...just sent it over on the Mayflower..as for the horseradish I have even put a blob in a cup a soup before yum...

hiya ppqp...well done on 48k ...a starting point for future barter.did you find some satisfactory culinary delights?

big hello to you all

to those that celebrate ...happy thankx giving

to all turkeys...oops!!!!

have a good one...

I built an electric fence around my property yesterday.
                  My neighbour is dead against it.

A clown held the door open for me when I came into the hotel last night. I thought ‘what a nice Jester!’

A new report shows that being overweight is not as harmful as is commonly believed, and actually confers some surprising health benefits.

Being five to ten pounds overweight could protect people from ailments ranging from tuberculosis to Alzheimer's disease, research indicates.

Those carrying 15 to 25 extra pounds are better able to recover from adverse conditions such as emphysema, pneumonia, and various injuries and infections, states the report.

Thirty to 40 pounds of flab could help fend off breast, kidney, pancreatic, prostate, and colon cancer. And an extra 50 pounds on the scale may improve eyesight, reverse baldness, cure the common cold, and reduce global warming.

In general, the report concludes, overweight people are happier, more successful in business, smarter, and friendlier.

"This just goes to show that conventional wisdom is wrong," said a spokeswoman for the study group. "Not to mention the hundreds of studies that came before!"

The study was funded by a research grant from McDonald's, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, Domino's Pizza, Starbucks, Haagen Dazs, Sara Lee, and Krispy Kreme.

There was this American tourist on a trip around Ireland.

When the tour arrives at Belfast he decides to go for a stroll with the aim of taking in this new culture.
                  After he's been walking for a while someone rushes up behind him and sticks a gun in his back.

The person says to the tourist "What are you, Catholic or Protestant?"

The American thinks to himself "Great - if I say I'm Catholic, this guy is sure to be Protestant.
                  If I say I'm Protestant, he's sure to be Catholic. Either way I'm dead."

Then he has a brain wave and says to the Guy, "actually I'm Jewish".
                  This, he thinks to himself will surely keep him safe.

The guy behind him then replies "Gee, I must be the luckiest Arab in Ireland."

Once upon a time in a village, a man appeared and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10 each.

The villagers seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at $10 and as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort. He further announced that he would now buy at $20. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer increased to $25 each and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on behalf of him.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers. "Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $35 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for $50 each."

The villagers rounded up with all their savings and bought all the monkeys. Then they never saw the man or his assistant, only monkeys everywhere!

Now you have a better understanding of how the stock market works...

The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can
                  be in a robe, before you start looking like a mental patient.

My therapist said that my narcissism causes me to misread social situations.
                  I'm pretty sure she was hitting on me.

My 60 year kindergarten reunion is coming up soon and I'm worried about the
                  195 lbs. I've gained.

I'm getting kind of tired always slowly raising my hand when someone asks,
                  "Who does something like that?"

I always wondered what the job application is like at Hooters.. do they just
                  give you a bra and say, "here fill this out"..?

Four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Jeff Gordon announced that this will be
                  his final season of racing. You could tell it was time for him to retire
                  during his last race when he had his blinker on the whole time.

The speed in which a woman says "nothing" when asked "What's wrong?" is
                  inversely proportional to the severity of the storm that's coming.

Denny's has a slogan, 'If it's your birthday, the meal is on us.' .....If
                  you're in Denny's and it's your birthday... your life sucks!

If I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "Thank you" is all I need.....not
                  all this, "how did you get in my house" business!

The pharmacist asked me my birthday again today....Pretty sure she's going
                  to get me something.

On average, an American man will have sex two to three times a week; whereas
                  a Japanese man will have sex only one or two times a year. ...This is
                  upsetting news to me............ I had no idea I was Japanese.

I can't understand why women are okay with JC Penny's older women's line of
                  clothing line named, "Sag Harbor."
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,great jokes Mick Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate,kind of don't like days off like this cuz my body's still on it's work day time clock so I'm up early with nothing to do,I've got to stop thinking about the work situation cuz it'll drive me nuts! Its just scary to think about applying for jobs,moving shops,etc but that the future not today so I need to relax,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Thursday

Comment

MAE ALL...:yay: I AM DROP FREE :yay:

Mick...22 flood warnings! Yikes. We actually had rain today too. Changing the front room around, man you never sit still. Do you drive Julie nuts? Great checkup at the eye doc. No sign of the iritis and the pressure is great. I go back for an 8 week post op check late Dec and that should be it. It's been a long 2 years.

Pauly...you're right, you'll drive yourself nuts. Change is scary. When I left my ex I had no idea what I was going to do. Because of the mental abuse I didn't even think I could clean people's houses for a living. Don't dwell on it for now but keep your eyes and ears open for opportunities. One step in front of the other.

Was out early this morning as I didn't know what traffic would be like on the road I needed to take. Out for birthday lunches (not mine) at noon and by 2pm the boss and I couldn't believe how much the day was dragging. So we both left at 4pm. LOL

Shout out to everyone else...Det, I hope you're feeling better...have a relaxing evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Thanksgiving dinner was delicious & oh so filling, ha ha! I sent lots of leftovers home with my daughter & still have plenty left. Maybe I'll see if I can get my son & grandsons over in the next day or two to finish them up

Mick, you did good buying a house up on a hill - we did too! I hate when my phone is blowing up with all those severe weather warnings.
                        Glad Amy will be close by & your sister-in-law will have some company, that's great! We passed the horseradish around the dinner table & I had some with my mashed potatoes, very good & very strong!!!

PQ, congrats on the good report from the eye doc, yay!!!! It certainly has been a long 2 year haul for you.
                        You deserve some smooth sailing ahead

Pauly, focus on one day at a time, that's all we can really do. But, being proactive for yourself & your future is the adult thing to do. Keep yourself open to new ideas & ventures, you never know what may present itself to you.

Det, I hope you are feeling better. Do you have any idea what you are reacting to?

Hello to the rest of the crowd & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

mornin all how are we today then? hopefully all ok ...unless you are a toikey..... a ffrosty and cold morning today....

20171124_085124.jpg

ok brew time got to go and get my glasses made today...kerching.,com

hiya Lav...how are you today then? horseradish in mash ....mmmm if you also put chopped coriander in the spudz weith it ..wow a match of taste...I take it you had a big table,but not everyone if Im reading it right?

hiya ppqp....congrats to you ...but you are well chuffed Im pleased for you.. yep she never knows what is happening ...!!! here are the latest

shelf in the conservatory....it was pallet... and yes it is straight ..the way the pic has been taken....

20171124_092101.jpg

front room..work in progress.....

20171124_091950.jpg

have a great day no drops ,pay rise the worlds your mollusc!!

hiya pauly....you doing ok? its not really scary ..you dont quit what you are doing until you have what you want...1 life ...enjoy x

hello everyone else....have a sooper day..

When I was young we were very poor and I sometimes had to wear my sister's old clothes to school. Turned up in the same dress as my teacher one day. Don't know who was more embarrassed, him or me.

When my kids wake up Christmas morning they will be faced with everything they could ever dream of.
                          I've got them an Argos catalogue each.

How many Countdown contestants does it take to change a BLIHBULGT?

If you want to play a real life version of Pac-Man then go to DFS and try and avoid the salesman.

what do you call a man who used to be interested in farm machinery?
                          - an ex-tractor fan

where do astronauts leave their cars?
                          - at parking meteors

Why do mice have small ballls?
                          - Cos not that many know how to dance.

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,congrats on being drop free,what a journey that's been,Mick,nice pics and funny jokes hoping peeps had a nice holiday yesterday,ours was just casual and it seems like these kids really don't even care about Thanksgiving,kinda sad in a way,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Friday

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...great pics. I still see green on the grass and with the rain we had yesterday there's green grass here too! Glad you explained the shelf is actually straight or Julie might be upstairs packing your suitcase. Can't believe that was a pallet. I can still see lots of wall space for you to fill up in the front room. Leave some space for treasures you bring back from India. Gotta say I'm a little confused about the mollusc reference.

Pauly...see you're online, we'll probably X-post. Take it things are back to normal and you're off to work today, or do you get today off as well?

Going to head in early as I'm working on a project that's best tackled in peace and quiet. Come 9am all bets are off. Have a fab day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

I never work Fridays PQ,so off,not sure if I should venture out to my 99 cents store or not,it's in the same parking lot as Walmart and I'm sure they're swamped

Comment

Working...
                                X