X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c17th

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, first of all I wish you health & a safe trip to the land of sunshine
    Secondly - I just want to say that RON is an a$$hole, ha ha!!! Glad he got exactly what he deserved, LOL
    My diva chickens produced 3 eggs today. I have no idea what the other 6 did all day!!! I don't exactly have a fridge full of eggs right now.

Pie, stick with us so we can keep an eye on each other :hug:

Pauly, I find it very difficult to cook for two, almost seems like a waste of time. I was used to cooking for 4 so I still do & just have planned leftovers.
    I hope your day was good.

PQ, a family of 10?? OH MY!!!
    That would be like feeding a scout troop every night, ha ha! Nice that you had an afternoon off, yay!

I finished wrapping gifts today & am planning to go food shopping & bake cookies over the next few days. I will be taking no more requests for embroidery, shop is closed, ha ha!
    Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey diddly doo ABerooos!

Mick, agree with the others.... sunshine therapy should be ace.

Lav (cookie queen) sounds like fun there. That new phone should take amazing pics and we wanna see them!

Pauly, I'm cooking for 1 now and it's pretty weird but still I manage to make dinner from scratch almost every night.
      It's a kind of therapy for me I think. Mind you there are some nights i just can't get into it and have a can of kippered
      herring and some raw veggies. At least it's healthy if not creative. Tonight was roast pork, asparagus and baked spud.

PPQ, what did you do with yer afternoon off?

was freezing cold at work today. going to bring in a heater to park by me tomorrow.

No booze demons in sight happy to say. Being healthy is tops in my book.

it's that time... a cheesy sci fi then off to lay down and podcast a bit.

gnight loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

mornin folks 4.30 ..rough as a bag of spanners ,but off to the sun ....have a good one all.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
          sure hope you get a quick cure so you can enjoy your vaca, Mick. Lots of people around here with the yuk too.

PQ, finally got the data collector and transit to talk to one another, all this new technology and there is still problems and compatibility. Software competition. what is the age spread of your siblings? I grew up in a family of five and my oldest brother (I'm next to the youngest) seemed so far removed by age (9 years)

Pi, the other day I was doing some Xmas shopping and was in the beer section for my son, he likes a good stout so I was looking at them. Then that desire starting kinda yanking on me. Realized what was going down and decided I needed to come back here and do a little posting maintenance. I typically don't say much, but checking in is a good thing for me.

Det, good that the demons are at bay! this is the time of year for all that!

Lav, I'll be up for cookies soon!

Pauly, do you live near the mountains that have snow? just wondering, thinking it might give you that xmas fix! Speaking of, suppose to be 60º today here!

have a good un all
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick I feel rough as a bag of spanners too(whatever that means) but yea it sucks,couldn't wait for Kell to pick up Lou last night so I could mop in peace,don't think its the flu cuz I don't have a fever,just a really bad cold that's making me grouchy as hell got to get through work,,wish me luck,Sam,I could go to Mt.Charleston about an hour a way but their snow is man made so far and paltry from what I've seen on the news much love to all and hope everyone has a great AF Tuesday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

*mope damn spellcheck!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Bon Voyage, Mick! Happy Birthday, Lav! And Tuesday greetings to the rest of the gang!

Pauly, the question of marriage for my dad first came up about a year ago. Initially I was mortified, but over time I've made peace with the idea. He's so happy and excited about the whole thing; who am I to stand in the way of that? So, next week there'll be a basic ceremony with a JP, then small luncheon afterwards.

PQ, no idea you have so many siblings. Do you do Christmas gift exchange?

Comment

Hi folks. 'Tis me. Been so absorbed with my research etc that I haven't posted. Glad to see the old gang here although it looks like Mick is away yet again. Don't blame you with the weather reports.
                  Sorry you are feeling yucky Pauly. Hope the mood has passed.
                  Congrats on the sober month Det. Hope you have a plan to survive any potential Xmas blues.
                  I had a soft boiled egg today for brekkie but mine was with very crisp toast. Banjoes and eggs don't mix for me PQ.
                  Good to see you Sam and Pie. I wouldn't waste time worrying about one glass of wine.
                  Hope the phone treats you well Lav
                  My daughter should be home by the end of the week. So exciting. Did someone say its nearly Christmas?
                  Last edited by treetops; December 19, 2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

mick, I hope your trip was an easy one - have fun

Sam, it hit 60 degrees here too! Nice birthday treat!!! Remembering a big bad blizzard on my birthday 6 or 7 years back, ugh.

Pauly, get yourself feeling better very soon!

Det, I took a picture of the roses that my daughter sent me today with the phone but haven't done anything with it yet, ha ha!
                    Do you have freezer space? I could see roasting up a hunk of something & freezing half of it for another day. That way you could focus on the fresh veggies day to day

Pie, I'm glad the wedding plans are made. If this makes your Dad happy then it's wonderful!

TT, I imagine you are really looking forward to having your daughter back for the holidays, very nice!

Hi PQ!

At some point I will also get a picture of the solar powered weather station that YB got me for my birthday. He has to put it together first, I'm not doing that, ha ha!
                    Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Det...I ended up reading. Didn't do the dishes, didn't do the laundry and definitely didn't dust. LOL Think my boss is trying to pass his cold off to me, not feeling the greatest today.

Mick...safe travels and soak up lots of sun. Vitamin D can do wonders.

Sam...well at least they're talking to each other. Software competition and constant updates, it's enough to drive you batty. Other than my twin sister we're all about a year apart. I'm smack in the middle. 3 girls born in January and 4 boys in August. The 5th brother wasn't born till Oct because my Mom received a post card from my Dad (he was a pilot and was in Hawii) in August as she was trying to take the clothes off the clothesline in a snow storm, so she wouldn't even talk to him when he got home. LOL

Pauly...I actually read mope. LOL Sorry you're feeling rough and hope you made it through the day ok. Get some rest.

Pi...so that's 8 siblings and 2 parents. Only do Christmas present exchange with one brother and his family, most of the rest of us aren't talking to each other. LOL My youngest son hasn't even met one of his uncles. It's sad, but it is what it is. I'm glad you're ok with your Dad's upcoming marriage. I remember when you first told us. Yes, if he's happy about it why not. She's been with him quite a while now hasn't she?

TT...didn't actually know there was a name for them till Mick gave me my history lesson. LOL Glad your daughter's coming home for Christmas. You make sure you spend the time with her and leave the research for another day.

Lav...Happy Birthday! Told you I'd send the warmer weather, we managed to hit 14F here! Snow started about 11am and won't be quitting till noon tomorrow. They're calling for about a foot of accumulation. Could be a crummy start to the morning but the bridge ladies are having their Xmas lunch tomorrow so I'll be feasting and playing cards!

Wishing everyone a restful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Ahoyo ABerooos!

Sam, glad you popped in for a reinforcement

Lav birthday? today?
                        looking forward to yer pics.

TTops, great to see you back on the cool kids bus.

my poor fingers hurt like hell, and toes hurting too. neuropathy? better check with the doc.

well, better drag my sleepy sore buttox toward bed.

gnight loves
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

PPQ, grab some zicam and dose up!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hiya folks happy birthday lav Julie has now got the cold too ..we have slept solid for the last 16 hours hopefully feeling a bit more yooman today big hello to everyone xx
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morn all
                              Mick, looks like there's plenty of yuk everywhere. Hope and the Ms. Mick are feeling better soon. And PQ, hope you stay well!

Det, what's happening with the extremities??

Pauly, sounds like you are near a ski resort, you ski at all? I do not but know lots of folks that really enjoy it.

Pi, seems your Dad has found a good friend. good on you for having taken the time to digest.

TT, good to see you, If I recall, lots of travels??

Lave, hope yours was a good birrrrffffday!

work at soil & water today then off till next Wednesday.
                              have a good one all
                              Sam
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,just a quick hello from me,,I haven't been this sick in a loooong time! Keep going to bed hoping to wake up feeling better,seems worse/same now its in my chest bleh,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Wednesday

Comment

Working...
                                X