w/c17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c17th

Mae everybody,still sick and what do I do,,drink! Now I feel double shitty,I'm sorry to you all and myself
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi folks. I'm not sick, sorry to disappoint you. Hope those who are poorly are on the up. Nothing worse than being sick on a holiday and when in unfamiliar surroundings.
      My daughter was supposed to arrive back from Norway yesterday but one of her flights had to return to Frankfurt because of an oil leak. I am just glad she is safe. But it meant lots of changes and waiting in airports and queues for her. She will be so tired. We are off to the airport to collect her this morning. Fingers crossed.
      Its great to not be around boozy Christmas parties isn't it.?
      How are you doing Pauly?

Comment

Pauly...isn't that Det's stumbling block? It is a tough time of year and feeling shitty doesn't help. Hope there's nothing left in the house, if there is get rid of it. Get back on the wagon and stop not posting!!!! We all know you can do this. :hug:

Det...have you sorted what you're going to do for the weekend? If you're feeling antsy, POST. I'm just hanging and will be checking in often, going to keep an eye on Pauly.

Mick...so far you win at 78! LOL Glad you're feeling a bit better, being able to eat will help. Now I have to go out and buy mushrooms!

TT...I ended up not getting sick as well. Must just have been the lack of sleep and that has improved. When the snowstorm hit here lots of flights in and out were cancelled. I think they're still trying to get through the backlog. Tired you can handle and I have my fingers crossed the rest of the trip went off without a hitch. Can't remember the last boozy Christmas party I had to endure and it feels great.

Home for 2 weeks now. :yay: I'll be on and off lots as I'm just staying put and taking it easy. Will chat with you all again soon.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

sick and feel like ca ca.
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
            sick and feel like ca ca.
            Oh No.....Lav I think it's an emergency. I feel for you Sam, thanks for taking that on for me.

Comment

Alooooha Friday ABeroooos!

Mick, where are you that's so warm? hopefully that will continue to help you heal up.

Oh my, more sickos.... Pauly, as you know being ill is fo sho one of my triggers and I know it can be
              tough. you know what to do.... loads of water, vitamins, good chow, rest, and guilt won't help one bit.
              xxxxx
              Sam, next to fall prey to the creeping crud.. sorry to hear brother.

TTops, leaky frankfurter is no good, glad all are ok. Not being at boozy Xmas parties is indeed A OK in my books.

PPQ, I'll try for pics this weekend for sure. No snow though... boo! will find something.

Pie, I didn't know of your woodcraft skills, very cool. I'm better with metal than wood but I'm slowly learning.

fingers don't feel so bad today which is great. been trying to take it easy on them as much as possible.

Mushrooms you say? I just happened to save 4 crimini shrooms for brekkie in the morn...should be good.

Lav, I know yer out there somewhere.... cookie dough head to toe

gnight loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

It's after 10:30 pm, sorry I'm late checking in. I was busy reading a tongue twister Dr. Suess book with my granddaughter 'Fox in Socks'!!!!! Have any of you read that one? It's crazy!!!

I don't know where to start here - let's see....

Det, I am happy that you are checking in regularly, you know how much that helps our cause. Even after all this time I still find myself thinking about you guys off & on during my day.
                Checking in, even when you have nothing particular going on is a good thing

Mick, glad to hear you are both feeling a bit better. Drowning that virus in tons of water is a great idea. Enjoy the balmy air & sunshine!

Pauly, I don't know what to say - surely you weren't expecting a good result from drinking. I'm sorry you made that choice but it's done. Don't drink any more & take care of yourself, get better.

TT, sorry your daughter's trip was delayed, that's always frustrating. I hope she is home & settled by now. Enjoy your visit together

Sam, do you think it's just a cold or do you actually have flu symptoms? Lots of fluids & rest & chicken soup if you can get some will help either situation. Feel better soon.

Pie & PQ, my best advice on glaucoma is don't get it! But if you do have it you have to be very careful with your treatment, follow instructions carefully. It usually involves lots of eye drops (PQ you know all about drops & the timing of them). My father-in-law's second wife was diagnosed with glaucoma & couldn't be bothered using her drops & subsequently lost her vision - don't go there ladies!

We are expecting rain all day tomorrow, temps in the mid 40's - could be worse I suppose.
                I won't bring up the topic of politics tonight & how the a$$hole in charge has just burdened my grandchildren with a debt of epic proportion. What a thieving scam artist

On that happy note I wish everyone a peaceful night!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning all. Well firstly to all the sickies out there how you are getting better. We are both getting there. .should be fine for going home. Just got this really rasping coff now.so let's have a brew
                  Det I'm in tenerife in a place called Los gigantes. Yes mate stay away from the party scene
                  Hiya tt daughter home? Hope all is well with you and you can enjoy the break
                  Hiya lav and Dr zeuss was there not one called the cat in the hat or something too?
                  Hiya Pauly . .why?you have so many strategies and yet?I have a friend who I just got in touch with. Similar to you.they have been off the booze since March. .you bl..dy can do this
                  Hiya ppqp..why you no ill, ???all the very best to you
                  Pie I've got a couple of projects to do when I get home

Right peeps all the best to youzall
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

well, reporting in from snot central. I think the swamp is being drained into my lungs. Didn't help that I had to run around and get cows out of the yard yesterday, but who's complaining??? I am! hate hate being sick. Lave, Thought it was a cold till chills and aches set in. The Mrs. has been feeding me chicken soup for sure. Mick, I am glad you are on the mend.

A big hello to everyone here.
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning Mick...and MAE ALL

Well at least you won't feel like crap for the trip home, that's a positive. When do you head back? Will you be home for Chrimbo?

Det...I'm sure you'll come up with something interesting to snap. I'm glad your fingers are doing better. Keep in touch with us this weekend.

Lav...that's a long post for that hour of the night, well done. OK, you've definitely put the fear of God into me. :egad: Will be heading all advice from my Doc and following any regime he puts me on to the letter. Hope you had a restful sleep.

Pauly...thinking of you and don't stop posting. Even if it's just to check in. :hug:

Mid 40's sounds like heaven, it's 1F this morning. Going to have to start plugging the car in. Will be heading out today on a mission to purchase rubber weatherstripping to stop the gale force wind coming up the stairs! Can't afford the heating bill. Have a Super Sober Saturday all.....:smile:PPQP

X-Post Sam...Glad the missus is feeding you soup, maybe load it up with garlic? Sorry you had to deal with the cows this morning, that sucks! Stay warm.
                      Last edited by porqoui; December 23, 2017, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Pi...my little handywoman...do you think I could just buy a strip of 4 inch rubber and staple it to the inside of the door and have it overlap the frame? I don't care what it looks like just need to be able to open and close the door. Any advice would be greatly appreciated....:smile:PPQP
                        Last edited by porqoui; December 23, 2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by porqoui View Post
                          Pi...my little handywoman...do you think I could just buy a strip of 4 inch rubber and staple it to the inside of the door and have it overlap the frame? I don't care what it looks like just need to be able to open and close the door. Any advice would be greatly appreciated....:smile:PPQP
                          Hey PQ! Your idea sounds well worth a try. If it does the trick, you're done. If not, try something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
                            Hey PQ! Your idea sounds well worth a try. If it does the trick, you're done. If not, try something else.
                            Thanks Pi...now that I got the OK from the expert I'm on it. :yay:

Just realized my door is metal :sad:....thinking cap back on!
                            Last edited by porqoui; December 23, 2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Mae everybody,yes sickness made me drink (idiot!) Now it's just so hard to get back on the wagon,,it's painful and hard to sit here and detox,,I sweat and shake and just don't want to do that during Christmas,oh my god my family is so upset with me,,I've really done it this time
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                                Mae everybody,yes sickness made me drink (idiot!) Now it's just so hard to get back on the wagon,,it's painful and hard to sit here and detox,,I sweat and shake and just don't want to do that during Christmas,oh my god my family is so upset with me,,I've really done it this time
                                Pauly...what's done is done. I can remember quite a few times my family was really upset with me too and a few Christmases sitting right where you are sweating and shaking. Every year I'd say you are not going to drink this Christmas and I'd end up in the same spot. It helped when I stopped watching Christmas shows for awhile. This is a learning moment, one to remember. The best thing you can do for your family is get back on the wagon. They will forgive you, you just forgive yourself. :heartbeat:
                                Last edited by porqoui; December 23, 2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X