X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joyous January

Good morning...

Oh Lav, I am so sorry. What a tragedy.

Pauly, hope you slept better last night.

Cyn, I hope you were able to get your email out and accomplish everything.

Skendall, wishing you a great weekend.

Nothing much going on here except cold and now today some snow, but warmer temps expected. In the 30s. A real heat wave. Have a good one.

Comment

Hello all--
      Lav, I am so sorry, what a terrible tragedy. I will be keeping the family in my prayers. Yes, absolutely everyday we should be thankful for those men and women who put their lives on the line for us all. I can't imagine living with that worry day in and day out... you must have also worried about YB when he was an active policeman. Here, and the towns around here we have a completely volunteer fire/-ambulance department. We were at a Pancake Breakfast once when the fire alarm went off, and all the guys in the kitchen and serving us ripped off their aprons and went flying to the trucks. I will send them a thank you and some support funds today.

Life is so fragile.

Wishing all well and safe ... truly...

Comment

Morning friends,Lav,that is very sad and what an awful way to die poor guy work was terrible to get through yesterday cuz I had that feeling of being so tired you get shaky,ugh,then Kell's bp was a little high so she had to go to the hospital to get monitored for a few hours,she's fine the doc said her blood sugar probly got low and made her bp higher,then while she was at the hospital Brady and his friend were going to Sonic and got hit by some guy running the light,ugh,thank God they're both ok cuz they got hit pretty hard! It was Bradys friends car and they waited hours for the police to show up cuz the guy wanted to file a report,just took much for one day especially being already tired,,I had Louie and did the unthinkable,,let him watch youtube videos the whole entire time! Bad Nan Star,did you get everything cleaned up from the flood?Cyn,I'm with you and always have a huge respect for the firefighters,police,etc,very thankful cuz I couldn't do their job that's for sure,SK,hope all is well with you,feel much better today and I'm glad,wishes for a happy AF Sunday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

The courage of firemen knows no ends. I'm so sorry Lav.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Greetings friends,

I woke up with such a heavy heart today. I just can't stop thinking about that poor guy. I also can't stop thinking about his mother. I don't know her but at any given time I could be where she is today & enduring such a loss. Losing a child, even a grown one is tragic.
            Apparently I was a little more affected by the news yesterday than I realized. I developed a headache & went for some Motrin. Thought I would check my B/P & found it was dangerously high (was completely normal in the morning). It's back to normal now but that was scary.
            So many people I know are hurting terribly today, I feel for them all.

Not too thrilled to hear we are having a snow/ice event tomorrow afternoon. We really don't need this

Hello to Star, Cyn, Pauly & SK. Thank you for your thoughts.

I hope we al have a peaceful night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav - :hug: So sorry to hear the news about that young firefighter. Sending you good thoughts.
              Please keep an eye on your BP. :heartbeat:
              Last edited by NoraC; January 7, 2018, 07:49 PM.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning...

Lav, hope your day is better today. Scary that your BP went up like that, but I am glad you were aware of it and did what you could to get it down. It is scary to think about our kids being unsafe. So sad and hard for the family members that remain. A tragedy like this brings home how lucky we are each day to have each other safe and well. Are you and your husband going to the service? We are having an snow and ice weather event today, it is warmer but a wintry mix mess. yuck. This time of year is so tough. My goal is to finish my cooking class today with the last assignment completed. That will take a trip to the store and some pictures. I got the final exam done, so that is good to have that over. I want to use my Instant Pot this week, we shall see.

Pauly, glad Brady and his friend are OK are the car accident, what a thing to happen. Hope the baby comes soon for Kell so she can feel better and get back to normal. The last part of pregnancy is so uncomfortable. Did great this weekend re: being AF. Thought about it a little but immediately squashed those feelings and thought about negative consequences. I don't drink, 2018 is my year. Any challenges for you recently?

Cyn, life is fragile and a gratitude practice brings to life all we have to be thankful for today. How is the weather up there?

Skendall, hope your weekend went well.

Have a marvelous AF Monday.

Comment

Morning all-

Lav, of course this is affecting you - it is literally and figuratively hitting "close to home". Glad that you were watching your b/p... please take care --- you know best how to give yourself care. I so wish that my book was done - I would send it to that family, and hope that it would help. Hopefully they had all their legal and financial things organized. Probably; it may be like the military where they are required to have everything tied up in a bow and revisited each year. Hugs to you...

Pauly, what a day you had !!! I was so glad to hear you say that despite it all you were feeling better yesterday. Great! You keep taking good care of yourself!

SK, how's things? Is jiggling the car key still working?

Star, happy end-of-the -cooking class. You have done just great at setting goals and making things happen, congrats! And now you can enjoy the fruits of your labors...

Did a lot of catch-up work yesterday and finally cleaned the house and put Christmas stuff away. That was really getting on my nerves, but I hadn't had time to deal with it. Did some cooking also, so hopefully I can be on auto-pilot for food these next few days. Being in the 20s will be like a heat wave after -15 yesterday morning...

Today working on: gratitude, disciplining myself not to worry or get panicked about work to be done, Staying clear-headed and not letting fear creep in. Very grateful for you all...

Comment

Morning friends,had another night of yuck sleep! One of the times I woke up I was kind of sweating and I wonder if my room is too hot? Or hormone havoc ugh,Star,I think being overly tired kind of is triggerey a bit but no feckin way am I gonna give into the drink! I can't and don't want to,just gotta figure out why my sleep is so interrupted,fitbit says I'm sleeping just fine but waking up at 2 am then being half asleep/awake just feels gross! Lav,I'm sorry yes do keep an eye on your bp please,Cyn,glad you got your place sorted out,wishes for a decent AF Monday
                    Last edited by paulywogg; January 8, 2018, 09:32 AM.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

G'day all.

Lav, it will take some time I think to feel better.

Pauly, I am curious about the heat issue. Would a tepid shower help? If it's the big M, it's understandable because the power surges usually come at night. I'm glad Brady wasn't hurt, sheesh.

I won't mention my weather in case some may be jealous 60 deg and sunny.

Yes, the key jiggling is still working.

I don't think I'll watch any more Peaky Blinders.

I gave into the urge of Krispy Kreme today. Bought a chocolate creme filled and felt pleasure for 3 bites and then guilt. The 3 bites were decadently delicious though.

Any thoughts on Oprah as President?
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Greetings friends,

Just when I think I've calmed down a bit there's news flash on my phone, iPad or TV about the firefighter who lost his life Saturday
                        It's really big news & it will go on like this all week. Funeral arrangements were just announced a few hours ago, I doubt that we'll be able to go but that may be just as well. There will be thousands of people from fire departments all over the country attending, that's what they do on these instances.
                        This definitely did hit too close to home for me, it's pretty harsh.
                        We're in the middle of an ice storm right now, I can't even walk out to the chicken house. Can't risk a fracture, no way. I loaded them up with food & H2O ahead of time so they're OK.

Star, glad you have worked thru your class & learned so much
                        We owe it to ourselves to be life long learners. Doesn't matter the subject matter, just so we keep our brains active & in good working order. Let me know what you're cooking in your instant pot.

Cyn, I am doing my absolute best to keep myself & B/P under control.....believe me.
                        YB works with the relief association of the volunteer fire company in our old hometown. He's actually going there tomorrow for their monthly meeting & they will get the paperwork started for the life insurance policy for the family. Plus I'm sure he had coverage with the Philadelphia FD, his full time job. I've always thought it was a blessing that the volunteers were covered, it helps the families.
                        Glad you are making headway on your things-to-do-list. No point in worrying about stuff that hasn't happened yet, right?

Pauly, I'm sorry I didn't address your post about the accident. Glad Brady & his friend are OK.
                        About your hot flash/sweating - I was 41 when the hot flashes started, 42 when the drenching night sweats started. My doc told me I was too young, I said BS & insisted she test me. I was 43 by then, fatigued & an emotional basket case & yes, my test was + for menopause. That's when I was put on HRT & was told I could stop any time I wanted. Do yourself a favor & see if you can find someone who will listen & treat you accordingly, don't suffer.

SK, I'm glad someone is having nice weather, geez!!
                        Glad you enjoyed a few bites of the Krispy Kreme today, ha ha! The thing that keeps me away from that stuff is knowing that a few bites of something sugary will fuel up the hot flashes again, otherwise I would do the same

Nora, thank you & I am doing my best to take care of myself. Retired nurses don't make very good patients, LOL but I am trying.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning...

Still gloomy, grey and cold here.

Lav, hope you have a better day today. The poor chickens, lucky to have you keep them fed and watered. The roads here are sheets of ice, we have to be careful too. Making some black bean burgers for dinner, no instant pot yet. Finished my class and feel good about it, now onto the next project.

Cyn, I want a copy of your book once it is published. Sounds so useful. I too am focusing on gratitude, light, good food, and peace. Taking each day as it comes and being in the present. We can only get so much done in each day. Grateful for you too.

Pauly, glad you are squashing any negative thoughts re: alcohol. I usually wake up in the middle of the night, deep breathe till I fall back asleep most nights, but not always. It is so dark till 8 am that when I wake up I have no idea what time it is. Do you have the MWO cds? I found mine and have been listening to them to get my mind off not sleeping or to just go to sleep. I am missing one, but found the others.

Skendall, I love Crispy Creme donuts, I ate seven once. LOL So now I stay away, they are addicting they are so good. You showed alot of self control. Good for you with 60s and sunny. I say Oprah for President, she would be so much better than 45. Could she be elected though? So many are racist and hate women. Maybe this is the time for women.

Exercise today, then picking up grandson for an overnight. Have a good AF Tuesday.

Comment

Morning all -

Quick hello, as I am on a mission this morning before I meet with my client.

Star enjoy your grandson tonight - be super careful driving! I do not like all this ice!

Lav, so sorry about the ice on your ground... good for you for taking care of the girls ahead of time. Sorry the news keeps coming up in your view, that must be hard.

Pauly, you sound strong and good, great job! It does help to have a cooler room and cool bedding - I actually stopped wearing my flannel pjs, even with the house at 62... it was too warm at night. Also, is your room completely dark? That can help a lot. But if it's M-related, hormones are a life-saver! I still take 1/2 of the lowest dose so that I can sleep...

SK, you are too funny with the Krispy Kreme's... I thought it would be OK for me to have a banana 'bran' muffin yesterday... sheesh what a mistake... between the gluten and the sugar I was a wreck the rest of the day. Could hardly stay awake, and ended up with a lot of arthritis pain. Note to self... !

Take care all - stay well and strong -

Comment

Morning friends,Star and SK,I'd like Oprah for president I get a laugh every time they talk about DT's mental health on the news haha,I felt he seemed kind of dumb this whole time but then I'd think he had to be smart cuz of his empire he's built but there's defo something missing in his brain,how is that book Lav? Cyn,ugh I don't wanna mess with hormones if I don't have to but yeah I can't go on like this either I seem to remember having sleep trouble during these winter months I think cuz its seems sooo dark for so much of the day,I turned on the living room lamps at 3 pm yesterday cuz it was cloudy and dark in the house,I also think I'm on edge thinking of Kell and I'm hoping my brain calms down after the has the week little chap work's been better,,those mean girls up there have been super nice since their friends got fired,think they know that nobody's playing around anymore,wishing us all a happy AF Tuesday!

Comment

Afternoon everyone.

A little gloomy today. I did something yesterday and can barely walk. Although with pinched nerves you never know what's setting it off. I made it to the grocery store where they have the carts and bought every available vegetable to make soup with. Unloaded it into my grocery cart at home and now I can't unload without a bit of screaming. Wish me luck on preparing the soup when I can't stand.

Lav, the tragedy you are suffering is very acute. I imagine you are playing it over in your head so just take your time with your grief.

Pauly, yes Oprah is a better alternative but still no experience. However, I trust her to choose the appropriate people. We have discovered how much racism is in the GOP, so I'm not sure if the white old men will allow a black woman to represent the country. However, she has nothing to prove and her ego is big, just not as big as trump's . The next generation will supercede the grumpy old white guys. It's a matter of careful delegation, rather than personal control.

Better go and call Pain Management again.
                                Last edited by SKendall; January 9, 2018, 04:55 PM.
                                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                                X