w/c 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 7th

Mae everybody,Mick sorry they had to reschedule the dentist but rather just get it over with if it were me,great jokes haha,PQ,its always hectic after time off from work,especially two weeks I hope today runs smooth for you,Pie,I'm curious what's next to in the restoration department,Lav,hope you're feeling better,it'll take some time,much love to all and wishes for a great AF Tuesday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...good luck at the dentist, hope the fix isn't too involved.

Pauly...it'll be a busy day but not hectic so that's ok. We're starting into our deep freeze and snow this afternoon so that's something to look forward to NOT! I saw Vegas was a little cool yesterday too.

Det...you've been MIA far too long.

Slowly changing lifestyle habits and this morning's is to make my own lunch. So off to make the egg salad for my sandwich. Have a good one all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

how do all?
        great jokes, Mick. hope all goes well at the dentist when you get there.

not much been happening here other than a relapse of the yuck. this having to be out when it is cold made me cough real hard and something popped in my back, when to the doc yesterday, no pneumonia thank goodness but lost of spasms when I cough. Fun times, anyway right now better living through chemistry, prescribed that is. It's the little things that make life wonderful, like finally getting a shower this morning! Clean body, clean mind, right???

all the news from the infirmary. be glad when it all goes away. This too shall pass, eh??
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Clever mood ring joke, Mick. Hope your dentist visit had a happy ending. Interesting question, Lav & Pauly. I'll have to give some thought to a next project. My interest in jigsaw puzzles has been rekindled, so that's become a nice diversion. Sam, I don't know how you keep going in this cold when you feel bad. Can you hire someone to do chores for you for a few days?

I've been thinking about how grateful I am that you guys were so welcoming when I pulled up a chair a few years ago. Thanks, gang!!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Pie, we keep the chairs warm so anyone can settle in & feel comfy
            Glad to have you here with the rest f us lunatics, ha ha!

Mick, I've been thinking about you & the close relationship you have probably formed with your dentist. Hope everything went OK :hug:

Sam, Dr Lav will be checking vital signs from time to time. Be sure to let us know how you are doing.
            I'll be damned if it's not heading up to 60 degrees on Friday!!!! Then it's going to rain big time & go back to freezing - crazy!

Det, we are thinking of you, please check in.

PQ, snow time for you? Uh Oh!!!
            Are you interested in packing lunches? A lot of the vegan pages I follow have awesome take along 'meal in a bowl' sorts of ideas & you can always add chicken or something if you like. I like this page: https://detoxinista.com/make-ahead-vegan-lunch-bowls/

Pauly, I hope your day was a good one

Last night's ice storm melted off today when the sun arrived & the temp finally went above freezing, yay!
            Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

oooh Lav...my first quinoa recipe! Had to look up tahini, sesame seed butter so that sounds ok. There's a difference between apple cider and raw apple cider vinegar? Who knew! The recipe looks great so I'm going to give it a try. Thanks

Pi...and we're so glad you pulled up that chair, you've been an inspiration to me.

Sam...sorry the yuck's back but glad to hear it's not pneumonia. Yup those coughing spells can be extreme, glad you got checked out and are following Dr's orders. Hope your recovery is quick.

Det...don't make me come out there!

Busy but calm day today and got a lot accomplished. Not looking forward to the deep freeze and snow tonight but this too shall pass. LOL Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

sorry ABerooos, I'm ok just been super slammed and trying not to panic keeping it all together.
                Trouble with bank, setting up new account, looking at filing CH7, mad search for job, and on
                top of it I may be moving....just grateful I'm not drinking at the moment. it's caused me enough
                pain and loss. I'll catch up soon I promise loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Glad you checked in Det and bravo for not drinking. You got a lot on your plate at the moment so reach out when you need to. :hug:

Comment

morning all how are we today then? hope all well ..Dentists visit done ..was a bit complicated and bloody painful..but job done I hope......really foggy today ..lets have a brew

Det ....great to see you I appreciate things are tuff mate ,but stick with it .....Im not drinking....forget the at the moment. you can do it.

hiya ppqp...wow you into recipes now? what is the difference between the raw and apple cider ..have things started to calm down with everybody....di you get the deep freeze?

Morning Lav...looneytix????? here have a mad brew .dentist done ...not as painful today... but pleased with the result.

Pie are you stalking me???I have just started doing jigsaw puzzles too!!just bought 5 from the charity shop ...done 2 already!

Sam the man how are you feeling today?that aussie flu stuff is kicking around here big time ..dont know if its the same stuff you have got

Pauly how are you doing today? hope all is well with you ..have a great af day..

right peeps off we go..have a great day

I have a really good buddy called Pete. He lost an arm a few years back in a motorcycle accident. I saw him last Friday and called "Hi Pete where are you going"?

"To change a light-bulb" he replied.

Trying not to be offensive I ventured "Won't that be a little awkward"?

"Not really" he retorted, "I still have the receipt".

A man died and went to Heaven. As he stood in front of the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him. He asked, 'What are all those clocks'?

St. Peter answered, 'Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie, the hands on your clock move'.

'Oh', said the man. 'Whose clock is that'?

'That's Mother Teresa's', replied St. Peter. 'The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie'.

'Incredible', said the man. 'And whose clock is that one'?

St. Peter responded, 'That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have moved twice, telling us that Abraham told only two lies in his entire life'.

'Where's Donald Trumps clock?' asked the man.

St Peter replied, 'Jesus has it in his office. He uses it as a ceiling fan'.

Two men at a bar had been enjoying a few drinks for the past couple of hours and were pretty drunk when one of them notices a beautiful woman sitting in the corner.

One says to the other, "jeez, i'd really like to dance with that girl."

The other man replies, "well go ahead and ask her, don't be a chicken shit."

So the man approaches the lovely woman and says, "excuse me. would you be so kind as to dance with me?"

Seeing the man is totally drunk the woman says, "i'm sorry. right now i'm contemplating on matrimony, and i'd rather sit than dance."

So the man humbly returns to his friend "so what did she say?" asks the friend.

The drunk responded, "she said she's constipated on macaroni, and would rather shit in her pants."

Extracts from Police Car Video Arrests

The following were taken off of actual police car videos around the country.

#15 "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

#14 "Take your hands off the car, and I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document."

#13 "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

#12 "Can you run faster than 1,200 feet per second? In case you didn't know, that is the average speed of a 9mm bullet fired from my gun."

#11 "So you don't know how fast you were going. I guess that means I can write anything I want on the ticket, huh?"

#10 "Yes, Sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh .. did I mention that I am the shift supervisor?"

#9 "Warning! You want a warning? O.K., I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket."

#8 "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

#7 "Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy, and step in monkey shit!."

#6 "Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven."

#5 "In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC."

#4 "Just how big were those two beers?"

#3 "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to have quotas but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want."

#2 "I'm glad to hear the Chief of Police is a good personal friend of yours. At least you know someone who can post your bail."

and the best one . .

#1 "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets?
                    ..... You're right, we don't. ... Sign here
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...hope the dentist job is done and you don't have to go back except for regular checkups. Yup, going to try eating healthier and get out of my comfort zone by trying new foods. Things at work have settled down and all deadlines were met yesterday so it's a bit of a breather for today. Except it might be hard to breath as the deep freeze did hit. -6F this morning and that temp isn't moving all day. Bit of flurries now and snowfall to start this afternoon. The only positive is it's supposed to be short lived with above normal temps by the weekend. I don't think I can remember a time when the temps swung between the extremes like this.

Shout out to all to come, have to go make my tuna salad sandwich for lunch. Have a Happy Hump Day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick love the lie clock joke dunno if I'd have the patience for a jigsaw puzzle,its been a long time,PQ,good for you trying to eat healthier,Det,glad you checked in finally,still dealing with shite sleep hope it even out here soon,Sam,glad its not pneumonia,they say the flu is a dominant this year,kinda scary! Waves to Lav,SK and Pie wishing us all a nice AF Wednesday
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

PQ, you sound so relaxed and happy. Good for you!

Funny that, Mick! Mostly, I share puzzles with a friend who receives oodles of them as gifts, but good thing we don't live in the same neighborhood, or we'd be competing with each other at the charity shop for the best specimens!

Det, hope you can keep the panic at bay while you get things sorted. If you move, where might you go?

Lots to do today, but nothing time sensitive. Have a great one, y'all!

x-post - Hi Pauly!
                          Last edited by Pie; January 10, 2018, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                            Mae everybody,Mick love the lie clock joke dunno if I'd have the patience for a jigsaw puzzle,its been a long time,PQ,good for you trying to eat healthier,Det,glad you checked in finally,still dealing with shite sleep hope it even out here soon,Sam,glad its not pneumonia,they say the flu is a dominant this year,kinda scary! Waves to Lav,SK and Pie wishing us all a nice AF Wednesday
                            :hiya:

Comment

morning all,
                              man oh man, Mick, hope that's it for your dental probs. Pauly, I too got a chuckle from the clock joke! PQ, tuna salat sounds good. Rye bread? or pumpernickel? my favs.

reporting to Dr. Lav: able to walk around better and starting to leave my cane a little more. Inch by inch, getting better.

Det, hang in there friend. we are all here for you.

how do to you Pi, TT, SF, and SK!!
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi ABeroos. glad I'm posting here even if i'm a sad sack. Been busy and so stressed, then about an hour ago a huge wave of
                                lonliness and crying swept over me and Im a mess. I did a small bit on the weight bench and took a shower, hoping this passes soon.
                                I'm so damn lonely but don't get out. I signed up for a photo group at meetup.com event in Feb and I'm sure I'lll find others this month. i'll let you know
                                what I sign up for.

Job? no idea yet... still applying etc.

where to move? well stranely the two spots where I have the most support/family would be either North Las Vegas or Hawaii. I know they sound
                                like amazing places to a lot of folks but people come first no matter where you are. I have learned that painful lesson. I wish we had a chat room
                                here like the old days, oh well. I've been missing therapy and that sucks. no matter what i need to get back next Tue. going to email my therapist.

Mick, you remind me I need to take better care of my poor teeth.

Pauly, Pie, PPQ, Lav, Sam, TTops, much love to you all dear ones
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X