w/c 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 4th

Mae everybody,haha PQ,that whole post yesterday was funky! Darn spellcheck.seems I am very sensitive to stuff,maybe my liver can't process things right? Im just having the hardest time staying asleep and it's getting worrying,I woke up at 11:30 and could not get back to sleep for hours,I felt like if there had been al in the house I would have downed it in desperation and I don't want to go there!! Wont feckin help anyways,maybe for one night then back to the same,goddamn it,much love to all and wishes for an easy AF Tuesday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lav, Can you post a pic of your teacups? Would love to see them.

I'm expecting a slower paced day today. Yesterday was a blur trying to meet important RE transaction deadline, whilst keeping a lid on Dad's paranoia.

Tuesday greetings to Det, Mick, Pauly, PQ, Sam, TT, etal...

Comment

Hope today's easier for you Pie

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thank you, Pauly! :happy2:

Comment

hiya folks ...back again ..its stopped snowing ,but its all turned to ice!temp is -4 at the moment ...well I decided to re-hash the train borads in the loft ..it is now 8ft long and 8ft wide ...I cut the middle out so that I can reach all parts of it ..

20180206_181101.jpg

20180206_181215.jpg

so how is everyone today ? hope you are ok pie..

hiya pauly,how are you then ...sounds like you are going through some drama with the sleep fairy.me too ..even my phone is telling me I havent got enough sleep going on.

hi ppqp ..how are you then ? false start with the snow?if you are missing it you can have some from here!!

just been out to feed the rabbits and give them a hot water bottle theres loads of gardening programmes on but the weather isnt playing..

hiya Lav how are you then? hope all is well in the embroidery and t cup world.. hows the grand children ..?are they any better ?

right good peeps ..

a few jokes.....

Little Johnny's father noticed that Johnny was spending way too much time playing computer games. In an effort to motivate Little Johnny into focusing more attention on his schoolwork, his father said, "When Abe Lincoln was your age, he was studying books by the light of the fireplace."

Little Johnny replied, "When Abe Lincoln was your age, he was The President of the United States."

An old man is talking long-distance to California when all of a sudden he gets cut off. He hollers, "Operator, giff me beck the party!"

She says, "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to make the call all over again."

He says, "What do you want from my life? Giff me beck da party."

She says, "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to place the call again."

He says, "Operator, ya know vat? Take da telephone and shove it in you-know-vere!" And he hangs up.

Two days later he opens the door and there are two big, strapping guys standing there who say, "We came to take your telephone out."

He says, "Vy?"

They say, "Because you insulted Operator 28 two days ago. But if you'd like to call up and apologize, we'll leave the telephone here."

He says, "Vait a minute, vat's da rush, vat's da hurry?" He goes to the telephone and dials. "Hello? Get me Operator 28. Hello, Operator28? Remember me? Two days ago I insulted you? I told you to take da telephone and shove it in you-know-vere?"

She says, "Yes?"

He says, "Vell, get ready -- dey're bringin' it to ya!"

A guy walked up to a beautiful young woman in a bar. "Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?" he said to her.

"I don't know," replied the beautiful young woman. "It depends on how personal it is."

"OK," the guy said. "How many men have you slept with?"

"I'm not going to tell you that!" the woman exclaimed. "That's my business!"

"Sorry," said the guy, "I didn't realize you made a living out of it."

A duck walks into a bar and asks, "Got any bread?"

Barman: "No."

Duck: "Got any bread?"

Barman: "No, we have no bread."

Barman: "No, we haven't got any f****** bread."

Barman: "No, are you deaf?! We haven't got any f****** bread! Ask me again and I'll nail your f****** beak to the bar you irritating b*stard of a f****** bird!"

Duck: "Got any nails?"

Duck: "Got any bread?

A guy went to a psychiatrist because he was having severe problems with his sex life.

The psychiatrist asked him a lot of questions, but didn't seem to be getting a clear picture of the problems.

Finally, he asked, "Do you ever watch your wife's face while you're having sex?"

"Well, yes, I did once."

"Well, how did she look?"

"Oh boy, she looked VERY angry!"

At this point the psychiatrist felt that he was really getting somewhere and he said, "Well that's very interesting, we must look into this further.

Now tell me, you say that you have only seen your wife's face once during sex; that seems somewhat unusual. How did it occur that you saw her face that time?"

"She was watching us through the window."

Archie and Jock are sitting in the pub discussing Jock's forthcoming wedding.

"Ach, its all going grand," says Jock, "I've got everything organised already, the flowers, the church, the cars, the reception, the rings, the minister, even ma stag night.

Archie nods approvingly.

"Heavens I've even bought a kilt to be married in" continues Jock.

"A kilt" exclaims Archie, "that's braw, you'll look pure smart in that".

"And what's the tartan?" Archie then enquires.

"Och," says Jock, "I'd imagine she'll be in white"

Two Indians and an Irishman were walking through the woods.

All of a sudden one of the Indians ran up a hill to the mouth of a small cave.

"Wooooo! Wooooo! Wooooo!" he called into the cave and listened closely until he heard an answering, "Wooooo! Wooooo! Woooooo!

He then tore off his clothes and ran into the cave.

The Irishman was puzzled and asked the remaining Indian what it was all about.

"Was the other Indian crazy or what?"

The Indian replied "No, It is our custom during the mating season that when Indian men see a cave, they holler 'Wooooo! Wooooo! Wooooo!' into the opening.

If they get an answer back, it means there's a beautiful squaw in there waiting for us."

Just then they came upon another cave. The second Indian ran up to the cave, stopped, and hollered, "Wooooo! Wooooo! Wooooo!"

Immediately, there was the answer. "Wooooo! Wooooo! Wooooo!" from deep inside.

He also tore off his clothes and ran into the opening.

The Irishman wandered around in the woods alone for a while, and then spied a third large cave.

As he looked in amazement at the size of the huge opening, he was thinking,

"Hoo, man! Look at the size of this cave! It is bigger than those the Indians found.
            There must be some really big, fine women in this cave!"

He stood in front of the opening and hollered with all his might Wooooo! Wooooo! Wooooo!"
            Like the others, he then heard an answering call,

WOOOOOOOOO,

WOOOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOOOO!"

With a gleam in his eye and a smile on his face, he raced into the cave, tearing off his clothes as he ran.

The following day, the headline of the local newspaper read.....

(Get ready),

NAKED IRISHMAN RUN OVER BY TRAIN!!!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Lav...I dido what Pi said...pic please!

Pauly...well I'm glad there was no AL in the house and you're right it won't help in the long run.

Pi...hope you had a slower paced day. I did and managed to get a lot accomplished.

Mick...the hole in the first pic looked a little small but looks acceptable in the 2nd. Wouldn't want you bonking your noggin anymore. I can live with the false start to the snow as we're actually under a Winter Snow Storm Watch now. It will change to a Warning tomorrow once the snow gets over the Rockies. Another 10 inches on top of what we already have. Then we're up to above freezing on the weekend. Mother Nature is not happy with the earth people!

Lasagna and tossed salad for din din. Time to read Mick's jokes. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PQ,it was just one of those weird thoughts in the middle of the night,,I'm not going back to that ugliness but I'm still glad too that there was none around,lasagna sounds good we had chicken fried rice

Comment

Pauly...I totally know those weird thoughts and if there was any AL around I probably would have caved. Did you have anything else with the chicken fried rice? That's one of my fav's.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

I promise I will get some tea cup pics for you tomorrow
                    Spent most of the day driving around Lancaster County, fun times, haha! YB had asked an Amish guy up there to make a new sheath for an old knife. The guy has a very cool little shop under his barn of all places & does awesome leather work, I can definitely see doing some Christmas shopping there. Cold & mostly cloudy around here, snow & rain arrives overnight tonight.
                    Tired of hearing about the big parade planned in Philly tomorrow to celebrate the Eagles SuperBowl win but it's a big deal to them, ha ha.

Mick, looks like things are moving right along in your train heaven. We drove right by the station today where Thomas is parked & I thought of you

Pie, glad you got thru your hectic day OK.

Pauly, that solemn vow I made nearly 9 years ago to never ever buy another drop of AL has saved my a$$ more than once. There have been times when I thought - why not? Then I remember the promise I made to myself. I use Benadryl & sleep herbs & a meditation/sleep recording of some sort & hope for the best. As we age it's natural to sleep less, that's just the way it is. I know how frustrating it is, believe me. Keep telling yourself AL will never produce the sort of sleep you desire, it just won't. Try staying up a bit later, dim your electronics, limit caffeine intake, etc.

PQ, nice you get a day in between snow storms to clean up, LOL
                    Another quick meal idea - I made it in the Instant Pot but you could do without one. I pressure cooked two chicken breasts (9 minutes), drained them & pulled them with two forks, then added in cheddar cheese & cream cheese (dairy free) then seasoned it with some hot sauce, salt & pepper. It makes tasty pulled chicken sandwiches on hamburger buns or rolled up in multigrain tortillas like I did tonight. Pinterest recipes rock - it's called 'Crack Chicken', ha ha!

Hello to Sam, TT & anyone else dropping by.
                    Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning gang n gangsters..how are we then ? all doing ok ...? its like freezville here ..I think its on the bloody freezing today indicator on the thermometer.Well I slept like a log last night..however they sleep ..musta been the work I did..either that or paint fumes!!!got a bargain last night on e-bay..when I was in Orlando ..I went on the hogwarts express at least 9 times..loved it and the whole set up ..so one of the things that stuck in my head was to set a model up..So if you recall in the first pics I did where the track was higher...that is where the howarts express will be ..with all the relevant scenery ..anyway to buy the train is about £200 ...I got one last night brand new ....because the box was ripped slightly..i mailed the guy went on about the value of boxes on the models blah blah ...in the end he must of got sicko of me ..got it for half price..it pays to haggle..

anyways I am out this morning helping someone ..I actually forgot ...you know those shit ..I forgot about that moments?that sure is one...so a brew and on we go ..

hiya pauly ..how are you today then? are things ok in sleepsville ? if not instead of advil ..build a train board and spray paint it!!nah you dont wanna go back to dirty beer !! x

hiya ppqp ...beg to report no snow present today ...lots of ice and slidy stuff tho...yep that opening in the table ..it is big enough ..but I have always the option to enlarge it ..I am also going to foam edge it ..

morning Lav ..crack chicken ..? you ll be getting the 6 o clock knock with the big red key!!honest officer its chicken!how are you today then?that machine certainly cooks the meals rapido .wow ...you watch in 20 years they will come up with a health scare on it..same as my coffee...here you go ..I still dont know the stroy ofthe t cups ...do you paint and make or collect them?

hi det where are you mate? how are things with you? hope all is well .

pi did you have an easier day?

right off to the workhouse .

One day these two fine southern ladies were sittin' on the front porch having some iced tea. One of the women sticks out her hand for the other woman to see, and in her long southern drawl says "Look at this ring my husband gave me. Isn't it nice?"

To which the other woman replies, "Oh that's nice, that's real nice."

The first woman then says , "And just last month he took me on one of them Caribbean cruises."

The second woman again replies, "Oh that's nice, that's real nice."

"Well sweetheart doesn't your husband ever buy you nice things or send you nice places?"

"Oh", the second woman responds, "When we first got married he did send me to etiquette school."

"Why'd he do that?" the first woman asks.

To which the second fine southern woman replies, "Well you see, before, when someone told me about the jewellery their husband gave them, or the trips he sent her on, I would have just said I don't give a flying fck, but now I say that's nice, that's real nice."

Two buddies are on their way to the U.S. Army Induction Center for physicals. Neither wants to go to war, so one says, "I hear that if you don't have any teeth they won't take you." They decide it's worth a try, so they stop at a dentist and have all their teeth pulled.

When they arrive at the Induction Center there is a line waiting to get physicals. They decide it might look fishy if both stand in line, one after the other, so one guy heads for the back of the line.

Just as he steps into line, a big ole farm boy hits the end of the line right in front of him, so the second toothless guy lines up behind him.

The first toothless guy steps up and the doctor asks, "Anything wrong with you"?

The guy says, "Well, no, except I don't have any teeth".

The doctor says, "Open up and let me have a look".

The guy opens his mouth and the doctor runs his finger around his gums and says, "Sure enough, you stand over there".

The line slowly progressed to his buddy while he waited. The farmboy in front of him steps up and the doctor asks, "Anything wrong with you"?

The farm boy says, "No doc, 'ceptin I have a little case of the piles".

The doctor says, "Bend over, spread 'em and let me see." The boy does. The doctor rams his finger in, pulls it out, looks at his finger and says, "Sure 'nough. You stand over there".

The next toothless guy having observed the examination with the farmboy steps up and when the doctor asks him, "Anything wrong with you"?

"Not a damn thing ... just give me a gun, I'm a fighting son-of-a-bitch"!!

Frank was excited about his new rifle and decided to try bear hunting. He travels up to Alaska, spots a small brown bear and shoots it. Right afterwards, there was a tap on his shoulder and he turned around to see a big black bear.

The black bear said, "That was a very bad mistake. That was my cousin and I'm going to give you two choices. Either I maul you to death or we have sex." After considering briefly, Frank decided to accept the latter alternative.

So the black bear has his way with Frank. Even though he felt sore for two weeks, Frank soon recovered and vowed revenge. He headed out on another trip back to Alaska where he found the black bear and shot it dead. Right afterwards, there was another tap on his shoulder. This time a huge grizzly bear stood right next to him.

The grizzly said, "That was a big mistake, Frank. That was my cousin and you've got two choices. Either I maul you to death or we have rough sex."

Again, Frank thought it was better to cooperate with the grizzly bear than be mauled to death.. So the grizzly has his way with Frank.

Although he survived, it took several months before Frank fully recovered. Now Frank is completely outraged, so he headed back to Alaska and managed to track down the grizzly bear and shoot it. He felt sweet revenge, but then moments later, there was a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to find a giant polar bear standing there. The polar bear looked at him and said, "Admit it Frank, you don't come here for the hunting do you?

One was carrying a car door, the other an umbrella.

The one with the car door said to the guy with the umbrella, "Why are you carrying that umbrella around, it just never rains in the desert"?

The other guy with the umbrella replies, "Yeah, but it keeps me out of the sun! By the way, why are you carrying around that car door, you don't even have a car to go with it"?

The guy with the car door replies, "Yeah, well at least if I get too hot from the sun I can just roll down the window"!

A newly married husband saved his wife's number on his mobile as "My life"

After one year of marriage he changed the number to "My Wife"

After 2 years of marriage he changed the number to "Home"

After 5 years of marriage he changed the number to "Hitler"

After 10 years of marriage he changed the number to "Wrong Number"

An old man limped into the doctor's office and said, "Doctor, my knee hurts so bad, I can hardly walk"!

The doctor slowly eyed him from head to toe, paused and then said, "Sir, how old are you"?

"I'm 98", the man announced proudly.

The doctor just sighed, and looked at him again. Finally he said, "Sir, I'm sorry. I mean, just look at you. You are almost one hundred years old, and you're complaining that your knee hurts? Well, what did you expect"?

The old man said, "Well, my other knee is 98 years old too, and it doesn't hurt"!

This is something to think about when negative people are doing their best to rain on your parade. So remember this the next time someone who knows nothing and cares less makes your life miserable . . . . .

A New York woman was at her hairdresser's on Park Avenue getting her hair styled prior to a trip to Rome with her boyfriend. She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser, who responded, "Rome, why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded dirty and full of Italians. You're crazy to go to Rome. So, how are you getting there?"

"We're taking Continental," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"

"Continental?" exclaimed the hairdresser. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?"

"We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome's left bank called Teste . . . "

"Don't go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks its gonna be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump, the worst hotel in the city! The rooms are small, the service is surly and they're overpriced. So, whatcha doing when you get there?"

"We're going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope."

"That's rich," laughed the hairdresser. "You and a million other people trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome. "It was wonderful," explained the woman. "Not only were we on time in one of Continental's brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and foot."

"The hotel-it was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling job and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the hairdresser, "that's all well and good, but I know you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky, because as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand!"

"I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me."

"Oh, really! What'd he say?"

"He said, 'Where'd you get the shitty hairdo?'"
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,good thing your Scotsman came out and you got a lower price by haggling haha! I love how you're a kid stick in a grown ups body,you have such a kind soul and I love you for it PQ,was supposed to make eggs rolls with the fried rice and forgot,,only after we ate I looked in the freezer and seen the box,meh,at least Brady will have something to snack on,Det,hope you're ok you've been very quiet lately,will hafta shoot you a text later,Lav,I'm scared to stay up later cuz sometimes I get a second wind and have a hard time dozing off,grrr,yep I made my choice to steer clear of AL,with the new baby it seems like shit got real,it was one thing with just Louie but now that there's two little ones it just shows how responsible I need to be,it's really hard to explain but I know what I mean haha,been sneezing all night I hope it's just allergies,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Wednesday!

Comment

Hiya folks. Lav is right about less sleep as we get older but you are not that old Pauly and you are working away from home where I doubt you can take naps like us oldies. Sometimes staying awake longer is better before trying to sleep. Definitely avoiding screen time. Reading a book works for some but I mean one made of paper. A walk after dinner can help or any exercise as long as it's not too close to when you want to nod off. I have pretty much resigned myself to broken sleep over the years. AL is only a temporary solution and usually creates more insomnia. - well it did for me. I don't usually keep AL in the house now but sometimes it's there for others and it doesn't bother me. Chocolate is more of a temptation.
                          Nice sunny day here folks. Gosh the weather looks atrocious in the UK. So cold and lots of snow.
                          Shout out to everyone and back soon.
                          Last edited by treetops; February 7, 2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

]Good evening Abbers,

Our snow arrived in the form of frozen rain this morning, not nice. Schools closed due to icy roads once again. I didn’t even get over to the chicken house until lunchtime, not risking a fall, no way!

OK, so here’s a pic of a great big pile of tiny white lace teacups. They are going to be incorporated into napkins rings of some sort that my daughter is going to make. Each teacup is 1.36” x 1.16”, 2,858 stitches & takes ~ 5 minutes each to stitch on my Toyota ESP 9000 machine, running at 650 stitches/minute. I hope you all paid attention because there will be a quizz in the morning, ha ha!!!

C353FA57-C998-4C17-B3A7-794750E1FEAF.jpg

Hi Mick, maybe you got the snow that was supposed to come here?
                            Have fun with your new train set. As an ebay seller myself I hate seeing people like you coming looking for an extreme bargain, LOL, just kidding!

Pauly, I just read today that one of the reasons we wake up frequently during the night could be due adrenal fatigue & rising cortisol levels. The recommendation was to eat a small snack of protein before bedtime, cheese or almond butter. Try it, you never know.

TT, it is cold, wet, dark & miserable here but it is winter. Someday it will be over
                            I know you’re enjoying much nicer weather.

Det, where are you buddy?

Hello to Pie, PQ, Sam & anyone else popping in later.
                            I have a few more teacups to do to make the 180 total
                            Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I was pleased to hear you're putting foam around the hole edge. LOL Can hardly wait to see the hogwarts express and town. It was actually 20F this morning with ice crystals. Quite lovely except it turned the roads to ice. But they've now issued the Winter Storm Warning and we could get another 2Ft overnight. Was able to get to the grocery store after work just as it was starting. Wonder how many people will show up at work tomorrow.

Pauly...having egg rolls for dinner tonight? LOL Maybe you need more physical activity as Mick said he figures that's why he had a good sleep. Hope you can sort something out.

TT...the paper book is my go to for bed. It seems to work well until I get a book that is good and fast paced! Just one more chapter, ok one more. LOL Even with some of the bad weather we get we usually have sunshine and that makes all the difference.

Lav...those are sooo cute! I'm sure your daughter will be very pleased. eat a small snack of protein before bedtime, cheese or almond butter...that's exactly what my MIL's homecare nurse told her. Would a little itty bitty steak with cheese and almond butter on it work?

Det...yes, I'm looking for you too.

Shout out to Pi and Sam...hope we all have a peaceful evening.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Lav,I just got through reading the same thing! I was thinking about my food sensitivity test and going over what might be a culprit and the article said just what you posted,PQ,I get nearly 20,000 steps a day usually+weights,I think I'm pretty active,I'm sure it's just a bad habit I fell into a few weeks ago,,waking up and checking on Kell now my body is used to it

Comment

Working...
                                X