w/c 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 4th

Pauly...you are definitely more active than I am. Yes, I agree, you went through a lot with Kell and it's going to take time to reset that body clock. You can do it. I know you can!

Comment

morning all ...how are we today ? hope all is well ...The temp hit an all time high here yustaday...-6 good job I was working to keep warm .so what are we up to today then? owt or nowt?lets have a brew ....

hiya pauly ..thanks for the kind words ......I believe in treating people as they treat me ...if I need to use the big stick then so be it ..,but I also believe in helping people ..I believe in dont look down on peeps unless you intend to help them up ..I have used that ethos albe it sometimes diluted!! but I have used that as a soldier ,prison officer ,prison governor and in my personal life ..Quitting drinking really helped me to find myself if that makes sense ...I was a shit at times. wow where did that come from??

hiya tt ..how are you then? Yes we are struggling witrh the weather at the mo!!it was so cold last night!!I agree about the sleep too..we have less and less of a requirement for kip ..Im like you too..I have over 200 books on my kindle ,and yet I prefer to turn pages !!!hows daughter doing?

hiya Lav..brew time ...we have had the ice not the snow it is on the hills but it has otherwise gone..the ice is still here ...wow all those teacups a mere 180 0f them... look out for me on ebay.......hee hee .....

hiya ppqp ..how are you today?all well in Calgaryishland?..yep will put sponge round it all..what do you think of this as a layout?#

Harry Potter Hogwarts Layout - YouTube

sounds familiar ...one last chapter.......

hi det where are you ? hi sam pie and all the rest of us..

Interesting Thoughts
      1.) I started out with nothing....I still have most of it.

2.) When did my wild oats turn to prunes and All Bran?

3.) I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.

4.) Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.

5.) All reports are in. Life is now officially unfair.

6.) If all is not lost, where is it?

7.) It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

8.) If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished.

9.) The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging.

10.) I tried to get a life once, but they were out of stock.

11.) I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through..

12.) It was all so different before everything changed.

13.) Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

14.) Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

15.) Old programmers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

16.) A day without sunshine is like a day in Seattle.

17.) I wish the buck stopped here. I could use a few...

18.) Kids in the back seat cause accidents; accidents in the back seat cause kids.

19.) It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end.

20.) It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.

21.) Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.

22.) The only time the world beats a path to your door is if you're in the bathroom.

23.) If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

24.) Never knock on Death's door: ring the doorbell and run (he hates that).

25.) Lead me not into temptation (I can find the way myself).

26.) When you're finally holding all the cards, why does everyone else decide to play chess?

27.) If you're living on the edge, make sure you're wearing your seat belt.

28.) There are two kinds of pedestrians ... the quick and the dead.

29.) An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

30.) A closed mouth gathers no feet.

31.) Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

32.) It's not hard to meet expenses ... they're everywhere.

33.) Jury: Twelve people who determine which client has the better attorney.

A new employee calls the Help Desk to complain that there's something wrong with her password.

"The problem is that whenever I type the password, it just shows stars," she says.

"Those asterisks are to protect you," the Help Desk technician explains, "so if someone were standing behind you, they wouldn't be able to read your password."

"Yeah," she says, "but they show up even when there is no one standing behind me!"

A man hits his ball deep into the woods. While trying to find his ball he finds a few abandoned balls and puts them in his pocket.

After the round he is in the club house and a woman keeps starting at his pants. Finally, he points down and says "golf balls".

The woman looks shocked, and says "and I thought tennis elbow was bad."

A cop was patrolling at night in a well-known spot. He sees a couple in a car, with the interior light brightly glowing. The cop carefully approaches the car to get a closer look. Then he sees a young man behind the wheel, reading a computer magazine. He immediately notices a young woman in the rear seat, knitting. Puzzled by this surprising situation, the cop walks to the car and gently raps on the driver's window.

The young man lowers his window "Uh, yes, officer?"

"What are you doing?"

"Well, isn't it obvious? I'm reading a magazine, sir."

Pointing towards the young woman in the back seat the cop says: "And her, what is she doing?"

The young man shrugs: "Sir, I believe she's knitting a pullover sweater."

Now, the cop is totally confused. A young couple. Alone, in a car, at night in a lovers' lane. And
      nothing obscene is happening!

"What's your age, young man?"

"I'm 25, sir."

"And her ... what's her age?"

The young man looks at his watch and replies:

"She'll be 18 in 11 minutes."

Consider Yourself Warned.
      The latest scam in the Unley area which is happening at the Coles supermarket (Though this could spread elsewhere).

Two good looking 18 year old women come to your car as you are getting into your car.

One starts wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, the other comes to your window saying 'hi' while bending over with her breasts almost coming out of her blouse - impossible not to look.

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say no and beg you for a ride to the Marion Shopping Centre. You agree and tell them to sit in the back.

On the way they start having sex in the back seat. Then one of them jumps to the front seat & starts to perform oral sex on you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I was robbed last Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, but I couldn't find them Saturday or Sunday.

Be careful!!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I love the layout. Are you going to try for something like that? Very industrious.

Here's a look out my window around 9pm last night. Snowed all night and is supposed to continue all day.

9pm Snow.jpg

Have a safe and happy day all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,very cool Mick,I'll be excited to watch the progress PQ,brrr,hard to imagine snow when Vegas has been in the 70'ugh some guy at work kept coughing yesterday and not even attempting to cover his mouth,as soon as he left we sprayed the whole shop with Lysol! I swear people have no common sense sometimes,also worrying cuz a dispatcher at hubs'' work died from sickness over the weekend,she was only in her 20's,hope it wasn't that flu that's killing people,yikes,so now I'm paranoid of sick customers,wishes for a nice AF Thursday for everyone!
          Last edited by paulywogg; February 8, 2018, 08:56 AM.
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That pic is postcard pretty, PQ!

Pauly, a Reader's Digest article on getting better sleep caught my eye this morning, and I thought of you. Here ya go: How to Sleep Better: Secrets From Sleep Doctors | Reader's Digest

Thursday greetings, everyone!

Comment

Thanks Pie

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lav! It's a teacup wreath!

teacup wreath.jpg

Comment

WOW....there is a lot of snow out there!

Pauly...you'll just have to get yourself one of those surgical masks. Wonder how many people would sit in your chair. LOL

Pi...thanks. I got a kick out of the teacup wreath. I'll be checking out your link after this.

The winter snow storm warning has ended and we'll be above freezing on Sunday. Wonder where all the snow will go. LOL

Some type of stir fry for dinner, that's all I'm for. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP
                  Last edited by porqoui; February 8, 2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Wow PQ, that is a lot of snow! I hope it doesn't keep you cooped up too long

Pie, that is a rather unique looking wreath. My tiny plain white teacups are rather boring but I know my daughter with do something cute with them.
                    I'm seriously thinking about adopting an adult, larger size dog to help me keep my chickens safe from the fox population around here. Do you have any doggies to spare? Lol

Pauly, you should be more like me & just freak out when people do rude stuff like that. I call them right out & tell them to cover their mouth when they cough or go wash their hands, ha ha!
                    I never would have survived 30 years working in hospitals if I hadn't developed the ability to shame them on the spot, ha ha! I hear my daughter has developed the same skill working with her patients, I'm proud

Mick, if you manage to get that whole set up going you could charge admission on weekends. Kids would be lined up waiting to get in & take a look.

I spent the majority of my day making soup, cooking beans in the Instant Pot for later use & stuff like that. Didn't go anywhere, didn't even feel like going anywhere.
                    I did have a few giggles watching the big parade in Philly honoring the Eagles team today. You could clearly see on TV that more people turned out for the parade than for Trump's inauguration last year. OH well!!!!

Det, please check in.
                    Hello Sam, TT & anyone else looking in tonight.

Have a peaceful night!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

All I can say is AW CRAP! It's -19F out there. At least all those snow ruts on the road will be frozen solid. Putting the kettle on, brews all around....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,sorry PQ,that's too cold brrr! Read that sleep article again Pie,no way in hell I'm sleeping in the buff,,,,barf haha up and down last night but I just remember TT saying "I've gotten used to broken sleep" guess I have to too,fitbit says 7 hours but not much deep or rem sleep but I don't care,Mick,surprised not to see you up early,I need to text Det I forgot to,kinda worried,much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Friday

Comment

aaargh ..jus noticed my post never posted ,so the post that didnt post cant a post .Iw to take the blame but I think that somwone swopped a couple of fingers during the night

mornin all how are we today? its dark and miserable today ...and so is the weather .It really bitterly .cold ..Julie wason a conference today so she stayed over nught ...yeehah bacon sannies ,jaffa cakes ,,not at the same time ...you know all thast guff I aint sposed to eat ..ok lets have a brew and get on Ive got a bit to do..

hiya pauly hows you then? all good I hope .Yep it should be good when its finished ..like in about 5 years..something to keep me going anyway .hows the sleep pattern doing ? any better ?

hiya Lav hows you then ?all good here you go a brew for you and one for the proposed dog..the teacups looked ace..imagine if you had to do them all by hand..so the eagles had abig celebration?where are they staying the hotel california?....welcome. have a luvely day .

Hiya pie hows your world today?you gonna sell Lav a dorg?

hiya ppqp ....woweee .thats some snow ....is it still going or did it stop ...it looks better in canadia tho ..keep warm ..ta for the brew.

hiya tt how are you today then?you still writing?

det where are you mate lets know whats hapnin

right folks take it eazee ..laters

A three-year-old little boy was examining his testicles while taking a bath.

"Mum," he asked, "are these my brains?"

"Not yet."

After a trial had been going on for three days, Finley, the man accused of committing the crimes, stood up and approached the judge's bench. "Your Honor, I would like to change my plea from 'innocent' to 'guilty' of the charges".

The judge angrily banged his fist on the desk. "If you're guilty, why didn't you say so in the first place and save this court a lot of time and inconvenience" he demanded?

Finley looked up wide-eyed and stated, "Well, when the trial started I thought I was innocent, but that was before I heard all the evidence against me".

"The thrill is gone from my marriage", one buddy told another.

"Why not add some intrigue to your life and have an affair"?

"But what if my wife finds out"?

"Heck, this is a new age we live in. Go ahead and tell her about it"!

So the guy went home and said, "Dear, I think an affair will bring us closer together".

"Forget it"", said his wife. "I've tried that so many times and it never worked once".

This woman is driving into a small town and slams on the brakes as a coyote runs across the road in front of her. Just as she regains her wits and gets ready to proceed, a cowboy runs right in front of her and catches the coyote by the hind legs and starts screwing it.

She screams and drives into town to find the local law.

She sees the local sheriff's car parked in front of the town bar. "It figures," she says as she storms inside. The first thing she notices is an old, old man with a long white beard sitting in the corner jacking-off. She runs up to the sheriff who's sitting at the bar with his drink.

"What kind of sick town are you running here? I drive into town and almost run over some cowboy sodomizing an animal... and then... I come in here.... and see this old man in the corner abusing himself in public!"

"Well, ma'am," the sheriff slowly replies, "you don't expect him to catch a coyote at his age, do ya"?
                          Last edited by Mick; February 9, 2018, 11:31 AM.
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

got treated for parasitic infection yesterday slowly climbing back to health. good grief what a year already. just resting now....
                            love to all
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Yikes Det! Glad you're on the mend how scary

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...it has managed to warm up 16 degrees during the day. Feels like a heatwave out there. LOL

Mick...so did you get your forbidden foods in? It snowed all night so there was about another 3 inches. With the drop in temperature all of it was frozen so the driving was a bit easier this morning. That is as long as you didn't have to go up a hill or off one of the main drags. LOL Going to be +28F tomorrow with another parking ban in effect so they can plow the streets. The 4 foot snowbanks along the roads are going to get a lot taller. And just in case we miss it the snow is back on Sunday. At least it's the weekend.

Det...so good to see your post and so sorry about the parasite. Keep climbing and tell yourself "got hit with shit in the first 40 days of 2018 the next 325 will be a breeze". :hug:

Took my lunch break around 3pm and did my grocery shopping. Told the boss when I got back that instead of hauling the groceries in I should just take the rest of the day off and he agreed. LOL Groceries unpacked, dinner organized and now I get to read Mick's jokes. Shout out to the rest of the gang.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X