X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 18th

Greetings Abbers,

Safe trip Mick & don’t forget to send us some awesome pics

PQ, would you believe it hit 72 degrees today? OMG, we broke weather records from 1939 or some such thing, ha ha!
    Glad you enjoyed your day off with no ‘shoulds’

I am not really pleased with the purple hair thing but it’s not really my problem, is it?
    I think a friend talked him into it but at the age of 9, it just seems to be a bit much. My concern is that his mother (who did the hair color) may be entering into another manic phase. Only God knows how far she’ll take things this year
    Our son maintains a very conservative look, important in his job & he was raised that way. I never expected a DIL who would end up with a goofy hair color herself & numerous tattoos, geez. I’m not going to get involved with this nonsense. If I see the kid showing up face piercings orcsimething then I’ll pitch a fit.

Hello to all the missing personnel here. Hope everyone is OK!
    Have a decent night!

Lav
    Last edited by Lavande; February 20, 2018, 07:50 PM.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...makes perfect sense. LOL You must be on your way by now. Have a great trip and travel safe.

Lav...didn't realize your DIL was manic. So you definitely know where I'm coming from with the ex.

Shout out to the rest of the gang and hope all are well.

It was a very busy day starting at 6am with the discovery of a major water leak into the childcare area downstairs. Salmon and asparagus for dinner if you're lurking Pauly. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

not on the way yet ...an hourto go ...Ive washed the car cleaned the rabbit hutch out been to the tip ..wasting time ...

hi Lav ...are the tattoos spelt right? that is class ..

will jump in whenever I can take care all...

Burnistoun - Voice Recognition Elevator in Scotland - YouTube
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Aah...the hurry up and wait phase! Have a great time Mick.

MA ALL....I'll get the brews started.

Comment

You really now how to do exciting pre-trip waiting Mick. Have a great time.
            I'm recovering from a 6 course Italian dinner. Actually I didn't eat that much and not all the courses. And I didn't even look at the wine that was on flow. I'm at a conference for all of this week it's very interesting - not a junket type one. Apart from the dinner! I'm an unpaid organiser so at least I deserve a free dinner.
            We all seem to have challenging folk in our lives. And that's not even counting ourselves!,,
            Have to dash. Hugs to all

Comment

TT...good to hear from you. I was going to say a 6 course Italian dinner! Are you in town or out of town? ....And that's not even counting ourselves! how true! Enjoy the conference.

Det...hope things are going ok.

Pauly...same goes for you.

Shout out to everyone else, time to figure out my dinner....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We just had day two of unusually hot weather for February, so weird. We actually had the AC on in the truck today while out on errands.
                Now we will be dealing with four days of rain, oh boy!

TT, if that Italian meal was all stuffed with cheese the way it usually is here in the US I wouldn't have been able to eat any of it, haha! I hope you enjoy your conference!

PQ, the last words out of my DIL's mouth as she was screaming at me in my driveway were: 'You can call me bipolar'. That was nearly 18 months ago & I can only imagine things haven't improved a whole lot (from what I've heard). Yes, she's a piece of work
                She is very intelligent & has gotten a good education but suddenly she is SO much better than everyone else. She's forgotten that I helped her along the way. Life is definitely more peaceful since she's decided we are unworthy of her time or presence, ha ha.

Hello to Pie, how's things?

Mick, I hope you are drinking tea & enjoying the view

Det & Pauly, please check in, we miss you!

Have a nice night everyone.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...if you take my snow I'll take your rain. It is a known fact that Bipolar affects highly intelligent people. My brother employed 5 bipolar engineers and as long as they followed their medication regime he wouldn't trade them for anything. The problem of course is they figure they're smarter than everyone else and don't need meds.

Pi...did the sales go through? Are you rolling in the green? LOL

Pauly...hope you're doing ok and we'll see you back soon.

Det...are you still on the recovery trail? Hope so.

Early into work today have a project on the go I want to get back to. Shout out to the rest of the gang....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, just a quick hello and yes I'm ok,,now,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Thursday
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi folks. Conference over and now back to writing. The conference was in town so no travelling which was good. Yes the meal was very cheesy which is why I limited my intake. Also doesn't agree with me. But I can eat some cheese. Its my daughters 20th birthday tomorrow (saturday) and she wants to go on a long drive into the country and have a picnic with us. Then in the evening she will go to a music gig with her pals. I found some lovely earrings for her and have lots of practical presents. Have to make a birthday cake tonight.

I won't comment on the issue of teachers being armed with guns. As an outsider it all seems so alien. Good to see young people making a stand for sanity on this. But the US is becoming so divided.

More AL at a function last night. When I said to someone that I didn't drink, he responded by saying 'how boring'. I made it into a joke and said are you saying I'm boring? My companions all laughed and warned this guy not to even try to take me on.. they knew me and I don't think they would accuse me of being boring.
                      Then I warned him that I must be really boring because I am a teetotal vegetarian. More laughter.
                      Its ok I can wear it.
                      How are you doing Det? Please drop by.
                      Hi there PQ, Pie, Pauly, Lav, Mick and all others. Sam - what are you up to??
                      Last edited by treetops; February 22, 2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

A drop of 40 degrees overnight has made it feel like winter once again, oh well. I wasn’t really ready for heat & humidity anyway, ha ha!

PQ, I was in the midst of responding to your message when it disappeared.
                        I have to tell you it was just strange to watch the changes develop in my DIL, starting shortly after the birth of the second grandson. I also came to find out that her birth mother suffers from it too. We haven’t heard from her adoptive parents since all this sh*t went down.
                        All I can say is I’m not taking any responsibility for her blowup. She certainly aimed it at me but I did not create her insecurities. That’s pure BS
                        My son is managing but I feel sorry for him. I’m trying to keep an eye on the boys as well. Frustrating, to say the least!

TT, I had to smile when you said ‘I can wear it’
                        That’s exactly how I feel as well, good for you!
                        Happy birthday to your daughter, enjoy your picnic this weekend.
                        The call for teachers to arm themselves is going over like a fart in chuch - they don’t want to do it, it’s not going to happen.
                        Looks like Trump & his party of gun lovers will have to think of something else.
                        Pauly, glad to see you once again!

Det, can you check in with us, please?

Hello to Mick, Pie, Sam & everyone.

Have a peaceful night all!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...aw there you are. Thanks for popping in and I'm glad you're ok.

TT...glad you didn't have to travel for the conference. Your daughter sounds lovely. What a nice "present" to give to you guys. Spending time is the best. Teachers with guns sounds alien to me too, I am grateful for Canada's gun laws. Good for you making the "how boring" comment into a joke. I've noticed that not drinking is more the norm these days and everyone is always having a good time.

Lav...saw you were online so waited for your post. Although they don't know why people get it, including heredity, they do find that most have "addictive qualities". Guess I just wasn't smart enough! LOL You are sooo right not taking any responsibility for the BS. For years I felt it was all my fault, if only I'd done...if only I hadn't done...etc. Talk about walking on egg shells! I feel for your son and keeping an eye on the g/kids is a good idea.

Det...I echo the feelings of the group, please check in.

Heard the saying "Best laid plans...." well that was today. Even with the early start, nothing accomplished, except it didn't stress me out! :yay: There's always tomorrow. Shout out to Pi, Sam and Mick...have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP
                          Last edited by porqoui; February 22, 2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Det....just saw this pic and it made me think of you...Airdrie is just 1/2 hour north of me.

28161574_10156236952029679_784787295251945534_o.jpg
                            Last edited by porqoui; February 22, 2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Namaste all managed to get an Internet signal at last couldn't even get a phone network spent the l last 2 days in Delhi 6hr coach journey to Jaiphur today that's where we are now hope you are all doing good that includes you too Set
                              Hiya Pauly nice to see you....
                              Wel done with Mr boring tt
                              Hiya ppqp we were at Ghana is cremation site..It so happens that Trudeau was visiting today too...cops everywhere
                              Hiya Lav you ok ..Hope so one cuppa for you
                              Take care yall
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

shaking pretty bad but another af day in. thank you all so very much
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X