Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c Feb 25th

Originally posted by treetops View Post
    Of course I baked from scratch! No other way unless it's shop bought. But home baked is best and you wouldn't catch me using cake mix. Waste of money and horrible IMO. The main reason I don't bake us because I eat the wicked stuff! This time however the left over s were consumed by my daughter's flatmates. And they even bake their own bread and make their own bagels. I am pretty impressed! As well as saving the planet. Or in my daughter's case studying dead poets. She recited Robbie Burns poem about 'to a mouse' to me. Mick might know what I mean.

Have a great day.
    Wee coorin timorous beastie
    Oh whit a panic in thy breesti
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,sounds like you're having a great time Lav and PQ,no sushi for me either! Much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Wednesday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I had sushi for everyone! fantastico.

Mick, I'll need a translation mate.....

darn sleep still hasn't normalized but that's um.... normal i guess at this stage of the game. yawn.

shouts to one and all! be back laterish AB loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Great going Det. I read something a few months ago about the rising temp of the oceans and worms in fish, particularly cod and salmon. I can't get the pics out of my mind the recommendation was not to eat fresh fish only frozen. I only eat Wild Alaskan salmon and Tilapia from a Cajun restaurant. Although I would kill to have some English style fish and chips.

Sounds like an exotic vacay for you, Mick.

Hello to everyone else.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

SK, you should be fine doing what you're doing with the fish. Fish and Chips is a personal fav comfort food and it wouldn't be half as bad
            if they used a quality oil for the chips instead of restaurant mystery oil.

Incidentally, by law all sushi grade seafood has to be held at (going by memory here) zero degrees for 7 days before being sold to the restaurants.

I just tried this tea today at a friends house (the orange one) and it's super tasty... also has a lot of research behind it. Spendy though
            Brassica(R) Tea | Baltimore Coffee and Tea

Warnings on the radio that a life-threatening blizzard is coming in starting tonight.... oh boy. Good thing I'm a survivalist.

no cravings in sight. cranking right along.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...hope you had a good day.

Det...glad you enjoyed the sushi. If sleep is the only problem you have right now you're doing great. You stay safe if that blizzard hits.

SK...now I'll have to rethink cod and salmon. Do you figure the ocean is colder in Alaska? LOL

Mick...hope you're having a great time and that both you and Julie are healthy, not like the last vaca.

Time to unwind and figure out dinner. Have a peaceful night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Nice day around these parts tomorrow a big coastal storm moves in & messes everything up, groan.

Det, I live about an hour north of Baltimore but I've never heard of that company. Not sure why they put broccoli in tea, ha ha! I juts eat a lot of broccoli
                Stay safe if your weather turns, stay inside & drink tea! A lot of us are on the sleepless list so you have company

SK, I haven't eaten tilapia since reading that it's farmed & full of contaminants

Hey PQ & Pauly!

Mick sent me a pic of the Taj Mahal this morning! I think he likes it, ha ha!!!!

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mick said it was ok to post the pic of the Taj Mahal.....

Taj.jpg

Comment

Mae everybody,sounds like everyone is cruising along just fine,yay,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Thursday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

well, no disaster yet but storm delayed til this afternoon so we'll see....

PPQ, thanks for the amazing pic. gorgeous.

Pauly, any weekend plans?

Lav, different storm but very close timing to ours up here. Do chickens like snow?

well, absolutely dreadful insomnia last night... good grief charlie brown! oh well, as PPQ said that's
                      not the worst by far.

Mick, enjoy yer adventures matey

chinook salmon is great because it's never been successfully farmed so you know it's wild and from cold waters.

going to be a netflix day I think

be well loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...hope your day was good.

Det...good to know about chinook salmon.

Pot roast for dinner, think I'll wait for the snow to start to eat. We're under a snowfall warning and I'm really hoping they're wrong.
                        Have a peaceful night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Pot roast sounds great PQ hope you and Det don't get too much snow,cold here(for Vegas) and super windy! Just got home from seeing the boys,they're both too darn cute

Comment

Pauly, so glad to hear that.

PPQ, pot roast sounds fab!

some snow here but not much yet....

hi ho netflix!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Pauly...enjoy this time you know how quickly they grow up. I hope we don't get too much snow too, I am soooo done with it. We've had 300% more snow in February than normal. :furious: So what's the March saying...In like a lion, out like a lamb. I'll let you know how it goes. LOL

Det...I'm waiting for our snow to arrive too.
                              Last edited by porqoui; March 1, 2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

So far we just have rain. High winds warnings have been blowing up my phone all afternoon but no wind yet. Tomorrow it may turn to snow because the high winds are supposed to make it colder - or some such thing.

Det, no, my chickens do not like snow. They keep themselves cooped up when it snows because they're chicken, ha ha! I hope you don't get too much either!

PQ, February was very wet here, lots of rain while you got all the snow, sorry! I hope you don't get too much either.

Pauly, playing with the grandsons is the best

My grandsons are supposed to be coming over after school tomorrow & spending the night. Now I wonder if they will even have school - weather pending I guess.
                                I hope Mick is still enjoying his fantastic trip.
                                Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X