Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c Feb 25th

Det, thanks on the Chinook.

PPQ, yes I do think the AL waters are colder and the fish are definitely not farmed.

Mick, your holiday sounds exotic and fabulous, and like Det mentioned, how's the food?

Enjoy your day.
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hiya all.now in Pragpur in the Punjab now...been a long day 5hrs train plus 2.5 hrs car.it's a Holy day here the festival of colours. .everyone gets covered in paint like dye weather is starting to cool off now that we are getting near the himalayas tomorrow we go to kanga fort and also to the Dal Ai lamas residence hope everyone is doing OK? Thanks for putting up that pic ppqp be safe and sober folks x
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Aloooha Friday ABeroos!

Mick, how fun. i'm mega jealous. Punjabi cuisine is fab!

Lav, no snow birds then. I'm sure the kids are voting for no school.

well, we did finally get about 4" of snow. No biggie but it's still rolling in.

Just had a couple of ducks eggs...yummo. My fav eggs so far.

I finally got some bloody sleep last night! yay!

shouts to Pauly, PPQ, SK, Pie, Sam, TTops, anyone missing?

back soon loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

I'm not missing just preoccupied. No snow here but by golly it sound treacherous in Europe. Punjab is a very interesting area. Enjoy it Mick. I'm off to the tropics in 10 days time. Its work but will be lively I am sure. Then I move to my new job after Easter.
          What are you watching on Netflix Det?

Comment

MAE ALL...

TT...the tropics sound great right about now! It started snowing last night and didn't let up all day! Supposed to continue tonight and all day again tomorrow. So far we've got 12 inches. I'm just glad it's the weekend.

Det...never tried duck eggs, don't know if I could. Glad you finally got some sleep.

Mick...it does sound like a very busy vacation. You'll need another one by the time you get home next week. Hopefully all the snow will be gone, I was watching the storms over there and they look pretty bad.

SK...so the answer is no farmed fish? Is there any way of telling if they're farmed?

Lav...did the kids have school today?

The kids put chicken in the crock pot today and it smells great in here. Hope you all have a safe and peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

TTops, tropics... how fun. I'm watching stand-up comedy and sci fi mostly. Never did see Deep Space 9 so catching up on that.

PPQ, you've got me beat on snow and that's just fine by me!

Here's the skinny on farmed fish: Search Results farmed fish
              it's not the boogie-man we've been lead to believe. Mind you I'll still get wild caught any day but the price is a consideration.

ah... stopped snowing for a minute. so pretty outside.

going to attend an AF Oscars party on Sunday as part of a meetup group thing. Should be fun. I'm going to invent a Greek 'tater salad for it.

Mick, are you going to see the changing of the guard on the India/Pakistan border? it's supposed to be quite a show.

ciao for now
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det...a greek tater salad sounds good. Once you've invented it can you post the recipe?

Comment

Det, thanks for that info. I haven't had duck eggs since a child. Do they tase richer and creamier.

Mick, this is a really big vacation. Always wanted to see the Himalayas. Will you see any mountains? and what will the altitude be?
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Just a quick hello while the generator is on giving us some lights & running water, ugh!
                    This coastal storm knocked out the power earlier today & now the power company says we’ll probBly be without until SundY sfternoon at 5 pm.

What can you do???

Wishing everyone peace & power

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav...been watching the news and I thought I had it rough! You stay safe and I'm glad you've got a generator....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Lav, Sam, the weather reports up your way sound awful! I'll bet your wood stove is mighty fine during a power outage, Sam.

Here it's turned to Spring, and I'll be planting some Butterfly Iris and Asparagus Fern in my wee garden. Recent economic upturn in Pieland has allowed me to replace my old lump of a mattress. New one arrives on Tuesday!

Hola to PQ, Pauly, Mick, Det, TT, SK, etal ...

Comment

Mae everybody,the weather here cannot make up its kind what it wants to do,supposed to rain today but the news says that every other day,very windy yesterday so we'll see what happens,much love to all and wishes for a great AF Saturday
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Top O the Saturn Day ABerooos!

oh my what a pretty snowy morning. I'd take some landscape pics but I hate houses and power lines in my shots. A couple for giggles:

Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

Lav, how are you getting internet without power? glad you have a generator! chickens in full panic mode?

Pie, so glad to hear things are looking up..even new plants...cool.

SK, yes duck eggs are rich and amazing. Powerhouses of vitamins, especially if you get real ranch eggs from truly free range ducks.

PPQ, if the tater salad turns out to be a winner I'll surely post my notes!

hoping they clean the roads so I can get some ingredients today.....

Pauly, at least yer not sliding on any icy roads there!

thinking about a couple of duck eggs now.

well, no cravings in sight... been on lifering chat last night and had a great time. Found a new meeting and yes they even have it in Reno which
                            was a surprise to me and they are all over the country and others too. it's called 'refuge recovery' which is a Buddhist based recovery group. Will check
                            them out next Friday as it was too snowy last night for my comfort.

be back laterish. be well loves
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Pie, planting sounds so good. I planted my bulbs late, so not too sure what I'll see. Good job on the mattress, I went for th 12" density foam recently and it's pretty good.

Hello to everyone else.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Det, my aunt had a farm and used to give me the free range ones.

That new group sounds amazing. Buddhism is such a loving and forgiving philosophy. Have you read Tichh Nhat Hahn? He brokered the peace talks after the Vietnam war. I love his books and even have a calendar so that I can read something every day. This philosophy is great for nature lovers like you and me.
                                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                                X