Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 3 /6/18

Hello all -

Mick, wishing you safe travels! My heritage is Welsh, and I have traveled a bit there, but only in the south, never to Snowdonia. Pics, please!

Lav, your comment about the deck turning green made me laugh - same thing here. I am years behind giving it a good powerwash! I hope the fox isn't back, sheesh... would the beagle scare it off? As I was looking out the window yesterday, out between my sheds came a badger (or muskrat? Not sure...) it is definitely close enough for my dog to wrangle with ... but I'm not sure what to do about that...
    SK, so glad that you got some weather relief. How are you feeling these days?
    Hey Pauly, hope to hear from you over in this thread!
    Samstone, your musical endeavors sound interesting -- PQ, love the sound of your garden.

Wishing all well today- here's your affirmation Pauly - "I draw good things into my life".

Comment

Wednesday greetings, friends! Pedaling like a demon to keep up with this wonderful work, but don't want to let another day pass without at least a hello.

Comment

Hiya everyone. .well here we are awning up electrics doneand we are on site .we are going up mount snowdon tomorrow .a full day. .it takes a fair while there is a little train that goes up and down ..the train takes 2 hours so how long it will take to walk who knows....hope you are all well. ..yes tree girl I will get some pictures20180606_090522.jpg
        Last edited by Mick; June 6, 2018, 01:22 PM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Lav, after t/storms last night we are left with 74% humidity. Ugh, makes me tired and lazy.

A fox again. Definitely keep your babies safe.

Mick, when we lived in England, we had a holiday home in St. Asaph. I remember going to Rhyl. They had old war bunkers and my brother and I
          had a lot of fun. I remember the Snowdon area. My mother wanted a b&b there, but dad won that one. Lots of waterfalls.

Cyn, my heritage is Welsh /Scandanavian. And, so was my maiden name.

Hello to everyone else.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I would just love a thunderstorm, could you send them my way please.

Mick...safe travels hope you have a great time.

Tgirl...the community garden is a big hit. Wow, be careful with your dog wouldn't want him/her to tangle with either a muskrat or badger. Hope someone can give you some suggestions.

Pi...I'm glad you prefaced work with wonderful. LOL Glad you popped in.

SK...I've been to England but only saw London and Lands End. I'll have to google St. Asaph and Rhyl.

It's our first Weeding Wednesday at the garden tonight. Wednesday evenings are designated as a meet and greet your fellow gardeners. Have had some donations for our Food Bank plot so will be planting those.

Hope we all have a restful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

PQ, if you need any extra weeds I have plenty after all this rain
              Sunny & nice today, no complaints here!

SK, 74% humidity is so nasty, ugh. Can you imagine what my hair would look like in that?
              Stay inside, stay cool. I hope Peggy is OK.

Mick, your camper packing looks very familiar, haha! It was actually worse when we were camping with the kids, ha ha! Have fun!

Hey there Pie - pedal on

Cyn, we have two power washers here & I still can't get anything done, geez.
              My dog would likely lose a battle with a fox, I don't want to go there. I have no knowledge of badgers or muskrats. We have humongous groundhogs here & they help devastate the gardens along with the bunny rabbits. My big dog Max got into a tangle with a groundhog many years ago & she ended up spending a night in the hospital. The stupid rodent bit her right thru her snout & I couldn't get the bleeding stopped.
              We have trapped one in a Havahart trap & relocated it but there's still a few more around. I think we have way too much nature around here, ha ha!!

Hello to Sam & anyone else dropping by.
              We're waiting for you Pauly.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning all weather is lovely today..I Ave just written a post but it has gone..We are near a pace called Plas Gwyn at Llanrust so climbing Mt snowdon to day. .my back is a bit sore but saying nothing Hiya to you all will put some pics up aft er
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
                  a quick pop in to say hello I must be going, hope everyone has a luverly day.

animal crackers. marx brothers. I must be goin' - YouTube
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I think I'm good. 3 days of rain expected this weekend so the weeds should be thriving.

Mick...glad you arrived at your destination safely and that the weather is better than last time. You be careful on that hike, I'm sure you haven't said anything to Julie about your back.

Sam...sounds like you've got a busy day ahead of you.

Thinking of the rest of the gang. Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We were blessed with another nice day today. YB was motivated enough to fire up the weed whacker & took care of the most egregious weeds, ha ha!! That save a lot of back & knee pain for me

Mick, good to hear from you. Go easy with your back being so tender. We would love to see some pics when you can post them

Sam, busy kind of day, huh?

PQ, our nice but short stretch of decent weather is about to come to an end. I heard 'oppressive humiidity' is moving in in the next day or two. I was proactive this afternoon & went & got my hair cut, LOL. I just cannot do humidity. I end up looking like a sweaty frizzball, LOL

Hello to Pie, Pauly, Cyn, SK & anyone else popping by later.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                      Last edited by Lavande; June 7, 2018, 07:20 PM.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening, Thunderstorms again tonight. suny and hot all day.

I wonder if anyone could help with a tech problem. Every time I click on something, the drop down menu appears. Example I just hit page 2 of this thread and it comes down. This freezes the arrow, so I can't go anywhere. I took it into the geek squad and they told me to just click on the right, and it took 3 of them to figure that out and it didn't work anywhere. I am very frustrated and I'm sure it
                        is a simple fix.

PPQ, thanks for the welcome and I look forward to meeting you too.

Hiya Sam, how did

the new music work for you.

Well, that must ave been a very nice experience (I guess you didn't need sherpas).

I give up for now, It's taking too long to write.
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

morning all,
                          nice cool morning, suppose to get bit warmer today. Been working on a small boundary that is just thick as it can be and we haven't hit the hedge of bamboo that I've seen yet. fortunate god created the chainsaw. Been also wrapped in my son's split with his significant other/business partner. It has been a mess but hopefully things are taking a turn for the better. Guess it was a bad combo mixing private life w/ business. Lawyers now and all that BS, which means $$$$. Her family has lots and guess what, we ain't. But hopefully it should be cut and dry. Of course there are a few wrinkles, for example they built their greenhouse on my land and I never did a lease because "family". Reckon I'll not do that again. But enough of all that stuff

did everyone enjoy prexy singing god bless amerika? sign him up for the Morman choir, I'd say....

well hope everyone had a delightful doozie of a day!
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...we've had a couple of days of 30C and Sunday will see it cool down to 11C with rain. At least we don't have the humidity here! Still need to get a hair cut though. LOL

SK...I googled your drop down menu issue and it looks like you're not alone. Are you using a mouse or the touchpad? Will pressing ctrl + esc at the same time cancel it? Are you running Windows 10? Let me know and I'll investigate further.

Sam..."fortunate god created the chainsaw" LOL Sorry to hear about the lawyer/BS/$$$$ hope it gets sorted soon as believe me I know what that's like! You do learn a lot when you go through things like that though. Did enjoy prexy, thanks for the link.

Mick...hope you're not posting because you're busy hiking/camping/bbqing etc. You'll be heading back tomorrow so safe travels.

TGIF.... I plan on relaxing this weekend. No obligations so will just see what comes up. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

The nice days are about to come to an end. Rain coming this weekend - for the 7th weekend in a row. There's something just not right with that

Mick, thank you for the pictures I found this morning. I will let you post them here when you get home. Very interesting landscape!!

Sam, sorry about your son's split - that's got to be hard but especially so when there's a business involved. I suppose he can offer to purchase her share of the business & greenhouse?
                              I freak out when I see a stand of bamboo, just doesn't belong around these parts. Hope you don't get too much rain this weekend.

SK, I imagine Thunder storms must be a frequent happening in your hot, humid portion of the country! Hope Peggy doesn't mind too much.
                              PQ has better computer solutions to offer than I do, for sure.

PQ, I'm glad I got my hair cut before the real humidity arrives, ha ha! There's just no way to manage it but cut it, LOL
                              I hope your entire weekend is blissfully quiet

Hello to Pie, Cyn, pauly & anyone else dropping in later.
                              Have a nice night!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all.how are we today then?all good I hope..well we came home last night ,it was forecast thunderstorms this morning ,so we sacked it plus you have to be off site for 11 ,so packed up and drove up last night..Julie is chuffed with herself ,that was a bucket list item for her!we walked a few miles before we even got to the mountain,ther is a little train that goes up ,most folk get the train up and walk down..but you can only book returns to get thet rain back down you have to rely on the fact that some will walk.. we had booked for the friday ,because the thursday was full..but me in my usual fashion said ..sod it lets see how far we can get ..and then it was a case of ,just round this corner, nearly there up to this stone ...blah blah......we also only had a 5ooml bottle of water ,,being as there had been no intention to climb..so I kept taking little sips that she could have the bulk of the water ...in the last hour dehydration hit me big time ,dizzy all that junk..When we got to the top,there is a little cafe,The guy sits behind the counter wearing a mask and has a shotgun ...well he might as well dayglight robbery prices ...a litre of roughly 9 bux..but I had that and 3 ice lollys! but we did it ....

the views are fantastic, there is a couple of folk on here on messenger ,I can send the vid to ,but I still dont know how to put a vid on here...so

the very summit of mt snowded ..3386ft I think

dsc01022.jpg

20180606_211820.jpg

this is the half way house
                                20180607_160021.jpg

20180607_160049.jpg

20180607_161144.jpg

some fantastic views ..Im chuffed Ive done ,for a couple of reasons...simply always wanted to do it ,and secondly ,after everything that happened to me in the past when my head exploded I had to be careful heights etc since then I have run round the top of mount vesuvius and now done this ,..not a lot I know ,but to me it is something ..
                                going to pick the peskies up in a minute... so lets have a brew ...weather is good today here ...

SK..nos da to you . ..have you got tinternet sorted yet tech is great but when it goes wrong....

right folks will nip on later ,,,be good

Comment

Working...
                                X