Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: W/c 8th

Good evening Abbers!

Another late check in after a fun filled Canadian day, ha ha!
    We are all having a ball, nothing to complain about up here. Canadians really are friendlier than Americans, so far anyway
    Very nice weather for touring around especially with a 7 year old. My granddaughter is as happy as ever.

Cindi, good to see you. How’s things?

Sam, if it gets too hot in VA for you hop in your car & drive north. I wish summer was this nice at home.
    I hope your daughter gets some relief soon - wisdom teeth are useless.

Pauly, I’ve actually bern to Shoshone falls when my brother lived in Idaho. Yeah, Niagara is definitely bigger!
    Glad you got some rain to clear the air.

PQ, you definitely need a new alarm company, LOL
    How can anyone conduct business like that? Ridiculous!

No Mick today? Still traveling maybe?

Hello to Pie too.
    Have a nice night everyone!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all....how are you then?firstly apologies for no check in yustaday...I was travelling from 7.30,then at Terife airport couldnt get a signal .plane was late and then home ....I was dead beat ...This morning I am off to pick my van up,then thre peskies ...still sign of Amys cat ...Ive put a reward up just in case some kid sees it ..£100 will sharpen any young uns eyes!Ive been to great falls Montana before ..The garden has done brill Ive got a 5ft sunflower and its still growing ..turnips are huge ..ate a couple of tomatoes this morning ...Hiya Cinders ...welcome bit of a rush today see if I can get some sense into it tomorrow ..take it easy ..
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
        Cinders, been a long time!! glad you are around.

Welcome back home, Mick, take it easy.

PQ, calves did pretty good, average of 1.20/lb. Daughter's tooth is near a nerve so they got to be careful. She had the others taken out a few years ago but this one was a problem that has now become more intense. She was told that it was doable, she seems ready to get it out of there. Ordered valve the other day for the post driver.

Lav, ready to see summer come to an end, though I am getting a lot done around here. Sounds like you are having a good trip.

off 'veying in mosquito heaven today. Waves to Pi, Det, SK, als
        later...
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick those quick posts crack me up can I can just sense the hurry haha still hot and humid here and we're defo not used to it,much love to all and wishes for a fab BF Wednesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello Abbers,

Glad to be sober and happy. Great combo. :-)

Hot and humid here, too. Us GRITS are used to it, though. One of the reasons we are so tough. lol

Hubby planted grass seed all around the house to fill in some bare spots. He expects me to go out every few and water the patches. I get to do this until the seed is established. Heaven forbid any spots dry out before the seed sprouts.

Luckily, I leave for the weekend for a family reunion up north. He can take care of the yard while I am gone.

At the end of the day, though, the effort is worth it. I do love our property.

Take care all,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...the alarm system had righted itself, no trouble on the system. Took me 3 phone calls to explain I didn't need a tech to come out. Still think it's best to look at a different company. Glad you're having fun on your Canadian holiday.

Mick...glad you're home safe and sound. No wonder you didn't check in yesterday, that was an exhausting trip home. Hope the van is ready and the peskies are healthy and happy. Hope the reward helps bring your daughters cat home. I'm jealous that you're already eating tomatoes, mine will be awhile yet!

Sam...not bad on the calves, could have been worse. Doable sounds scary to me, hope it all goes well. Probably a smart move on ordering the valve, hope it works.

Pauly...our weather turned hot again here but at least there's no humidity. Couldn't say that during the great flood of 2013!

Cindi...I concur with your definition of Great Combo. Grass seed is labour intensive in the beginning, keeping them watered is a chore. In the end I'd get end of the roll sod to fix patches.

Decided I needed a treat for supper tonight so it's steak, baked potatoes and mushrooms. Can hardly wait. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good night Abbers.

Not much to report but yet one more day sober and happy.

Have a good rest.
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Greetings folks!

We had another nice day! Best part was finding a lavender farm nearby, wow! They have a shop filled with products they produce right there. Smells like heaven

Mick, glad you are back safe & sound!
                  I hope Amy gets that tooth taken care of soon, sounds painful.

Sam, I heard it was 90 something & humid at home, yuck! I have been loving the cooler & drier air here.

Pauly, you’re getting some humidity too? What’s up with that?

Cindi, watering grass seed is a pain. The best time to grow it is in the fall. So maybe you can get a second chance if this crop fails, lol.

Hello to Pie, Det, SK.
                  Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                  PS: leaving here tomorrow & spending one night in NewYork state before heading home.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiyaall ..how are e then today ? good ....well guess what ...its pouring down with rain today...yeehah...this is just what the doctor ordered for the garden...rabbits are ok ,though still taking Panda for an x ray on her spine ...well the horses were here last night ..heard a noise looked out the back window to see them eating 2 of my 3 sunflowers!!..so moved the other one ..Im trying to create an english cottage garden sort of effect ..just organised higgledy piggledy ..with veg and flowers mixed ..oh and my little cactus garden ...

ok brew time ..

hiya Lav..hows you then ?you enjoying your trip..the lavender fields ...bet you enjoyed it ..Ive been to NY once and tbh ..it didnt do too much for me ..each to their own ..safe trip home .. ..

hiya Cinders ,how are you then today? hope all is good ..yep every day sober is a day you control your life ..well done ...and that applies to us all ..

hiya ppqp ...how are you ...all good ..? yep eating the first of the tomatoes ,oh and courgette,and raspberries and blueberries ....oh the van ..guess what ..the guy did the job ...it wasnt right ....it didnt work properly ,so its now off the van ,Ive fixed it ,,and now Im in the middle of painting it ..I should have done it to start with ..So far no word on Amys cat..just keep hoping.

hiya pauly ...hows yoo then today? all good I hope ..taking a bit longer today as you can see.....glad it makes you larf tho..we had rain earlier ..love the smell of the rain on earth ....have a good one ..

hi sam the man how is you .hows the daughters toofache..got the valve ywt for the driver ? then you will be able to post ......

hiya everwun else ...hope you are good ....

20180712_084456.jpg

20180712_084510.jpg

20180712_084612.jpg

20180712_084840.jpg

20180712_084805.jpg
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Political Correctness
                      Due to the climate of political correctness now pervading America, Kentuckians, Tennesseans and West Virginians will no longer be referred to as'HILLBILLIES'.

You must now refer to them as APPALACHIAN-AMERICANS.

And furthermore

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1. She is not a 'BABE' or a 'CHICK' - She is a 'BREASTED AMERICAN'.

2. She is not 'EASY' - She is 'HORIZONTALLY ACCESSIBLE'.

(Loved this one!)

3.. She is not a 'DUMB BLONDE' - She is a 'LIGHT-HAIRED DETOUR OFF THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY'.

4. She has not 'BEEN AROUND' - She is a 'PREVIOUSLY-ENJOYED COMPANION'.

5. She does not 'NAG' you - She becomes 'VERBALLY REPETITIVE'.

6. She is not a 'TWO-BIT HOOKER' - She is a 'LOW COST PROVIDER'.

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT MEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1. He does not have a 'BEER GUT' - He has developed a 'LIQUID GRAIN STORAGE FACILITY'.

2. He is not a 'BAD DANCER' - He is OVERLY CAUCASIAN' (or 'cha-cha challenged'.)

3. He does not 'GET LOST ALL THE TIME' - He 'INVESTIGATES ALTERNATIVE DESTINATIONS'.

4. He is not 'BALDING' - He is in 'FOLLICLE REGRESSION'.

5. He does not act like a 'TOTAL ASS' - He develops a case of RECTAL-CRANIAL INVERSION'.

(Loved this one!)

6. It's not his 'CRACK' you see hanging out of his pants - It's 'REAR CLEAVAGE'.

Internet Proverbs

Home is where you hang your @

The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.

A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click.

You can’t teach a new mouse old clicks.

Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.

C: is the root of all directories.

Don’t put all your hypes in one home page.

Pentium wise; pen and paper foolish.

The modem is the message.

Too many clicks spoil the browse.

The geek shall inherit the earth.

A chat has nine lives.

Don’t byte off more than you can view.

Fax is stranger than fiction.

What boots up must come down.

In Gates we trust.

Virtual reality is its own reward.

A user and his leisure time are soon parted.

There’s no place like

Know what to expect before you connect.

Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice.

Speed thrills but don’t kills.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won’t bother you for weeks.

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple; When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.
                      All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good..

I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.
                      I want to live simple again.

I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.
                      I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

A couple was dressed and ready to go out for the evening. They turned on a night light, turned the answering machine on the phone line, covered their pet parakeet and put the cat in the backyard. They phoned the local cab company and requested a taxi. The taxi arrived and the couple opened the front door to leave their house.

The cat they had put out into the yard scoots back into the house. They don't want the cat shut in the house because she always tries to eat the bird. The wife goes out to the taxi while the husband goes inside to get the cat. The cat runs upstairs, the man in hot pursuit.

Waiting in the cab, the wife doesn't want the driver to know the house will be empty for the night. She explains to the taxi driver that her husband will be out soon, "He's just going upstairs to say good-bye to my mother".

A few minutes later, the husband gets into the cab. "Sorry I took so long," he says, as they drive away. "Stupid bi-tch was hiding under the bed. Had to poke her with a coat hanger to get her to come out! She tried to take off so I grabbed her by the neck. Then I had to wrap her in a blanket to keep her from scratching me. But it worked. I hauled her fat arse downstairs and threw her out into the back yard"!

The cabdriver hit a parked car...

Comment

morning all,
                        glad to have you back in full force, Mick. Posting is one thing, driving, anudder. What are the trees in the the last picture? BTW, fires all out?

Lav, you sound as if you're still up chonder, in the cool climes. It's a daily sweat through the clothes for sure.

PQ, hope the valve works too. they are expensive! and it will take awhile getting as the driver is old. Sounds like the tech world is sounding the alarm for you!

Cinders, hope you have an enjoyable fam reunion.

Pauly, hot and humid seems to be the natural state of summer these days, eh? I never heard of the Shoshone falls. sounds like a pretty place.

off to it friends. hope everyone is doing finest
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning from Alabama, afternoon to most of you,

Taking granddaughter to orientation this morning. Learning about the new school year.

Other than the usual chores, not much going on. However, yet another day sober, happy, joyous and free. :-)

Driving out tonight to meet brother and sis-in-law in Nashville, then off to Michigan for the reunion. It will be a whirlwind.

Hi to all and hope all have a pleasant evening across the pond.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          Last edited by Cinders; July 12, 2018, 08:20 AM.
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,the list of political correctness cracked me up me and Winslow like to joke that being called a "dog" is derogatory and he likes to be referred to as a "Canine American" haha,Lav and Sam,its monsoon season here which means lots of humidity,,very little rain,hi Cinders! PQ,tried a chicken vegetables soup in the crock pot yesterday and Brady wasn't impressed,I thought it was good but decided its too bloody hot for soup,gonna hold off until winter for trying new ones much love to all and wishes for a fab BF Thursday
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

We are now in upstate NY, just for one night. Plan to go out to do some nature hike tomorrow. There are lots of awesome gorges in this area.

Mick, your garden looks wonderful, great job!
                              No big city where we are today, just cute little college towns.

Sam, try to stay cool, I been watch8ng the weather reports re heat wave #2, yuck.

Cindi, wish8ng you a safe trip & nice reunion!

Pauly, put the soup recipes away for a few months. We practically live on soup in the cooler weather

PQ, hope you enjoyed your dinner!
                              We actually ate at a noodle shop today, ha ha. You get your choice of noodles, greens, 6 veggie toppings, chicken or shrimp & dressing, yum

Hello to Pie, SK & anyone I’ve Missed.
                              Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all.....how are we today then? yep its raining here ..no surprise there then ...Just had ax phone call from Amy ,her cat has come home ...she has spent the last 5 days crying ..and now sheis still crying!!he is part bengali,,in her eyes a little baby ...everyone else a little sh.t
                                yesterday I traded off some turnips for squashes and courgettes ,thiscould catch on this bartering ..also made my little cactus garden ..Julie thinks Im nutz ..thalking of which ..Trump is going down a real treat here ...not..someone said respect the office of President not the incumbent and he is proving them right!!
                                Panda goes for a spine x ray on Monday ..

ok lets get the show on the road..

hiya Lav ..hows you in NYS ..ok ? now I got the impression it was a concrete jungle ..obviously not ..the noodle shop sounds pretty good..we are cool I stood in the rain this morning ..lovely .first time apart from yesterday for about 10mins that we have had rain..safe trip home ..

hiya pauly hows you then ? good I hope ..if its too hot for soup...then make cold soup... my bougie is flowering its kerazee...it needs cut back

wow cinders ,hows you driving about all over the shop ...and not a care thru booze ..you dont have to watch what you drink ,no morning after am I over panic nothing .hope the reunion went well..

hiya Sam ,hows you then ? yep mostly the fires are out..but peat burns under ground..those trees are miniature apple trees that are grafts .I take it by the driver being old and worn you mean the gearing ..not the yooman..ha ha ..

a big hiya to everyone else take it easy all..have a lovely weekend ..

A man and woman were having dinner in a fine restaurant. Their waitress, taking another order at a table a few steps away, suddenly noticed that the man was slowly sliding down his chair and under the table, but the woman acted unconcerned.

The waitress watched as the man slid all the way down his chair and out of sight under the table. Still, the woman appeared calm and unruffled, apparently unaware that her dining companion had disappeared.

The waitress went over to the table and said to the woman, "Pardon me, ma'am, but I think your husband just slid under the table".

The woman calmly looked up at her and said, "No he didn't. He just walked in the door".

A Talent Scout

...is walking down the street and comes across a man and his dog. The little dog is singing. He has a lovely voice and the talent scout says, "Come to my office. I want to sign you and this marvelous dog to a contract. This dog can make us both rich".

The man brings his little dog to the talent scout's office. The little dog is just about to finish singing "La Donna E' Mobile," when a large dog runs into the room and grabs him by the scruff of the neck. She (it's a bitch) runs away with him in her mouth.

The talent scout yells, "Stop her. She's taking away our fortune"!

The man replies, sadly, "It's no use. That's his mother. She doesn't want him to be on stage. She wants him to be a doctor".

A Young Boy, About Eight...

...years old, was at the store picking out a large box of laundry detergent. The grocer walked over and, trying to be friendly, asked the boy if he had a lot of laundry to do.

"Oh, no laundry", the boy said. "I'm going to wash my dog".

"But you shouldn't use this to wash your dog. It's very powerful and if you wash your dog in this, he'll get sick. In fact, it might even kill him".

But the boy was not stopped by this and carried the detergent to the counter and paid for it, even as the grocer still tried to talk him out of washing his dog.

About a week later the boy was back in the store doing some shopping. The grocer asked the boy how his dog was doing.

"Oh, he died", the boy said.

The grocer said, "I tried to tell you not to use that detergent on your dog".

"Well," the boy replied, "I don't think it was the detergent that killed him".

"Oh I'm sorry. How did he die"?

"I think it was the spin cycle".

I got stuck in the snow on the way home the other night and had to sleep in the car. It was no fun, let me tell you - I was hungry, lonely and f*cking freezing. I barely slept a wink.

In the morning the snow had melted a bit and I was able to continue on my way. Having had such a shit night, I decided to go round to my girlfriend's house.

When I got there I parked outside, looked up and saw her at her bedroom window.

She looked so happy to see me. Suddenly I was overcome with emotion because I was so pleased to see her too. We've been together for three years so far and had some wonderful times.

I know it may sound soppy and over-the-top but, at that moment in time, there was no-one else on Earth that I wanted to be with. She was the one.

I got out of the car and made my way towards her front door. The front lawn was a blanket of untouched snow and, with my girlfriend still watching me, an idea crossed my mind. Giddy with emotion, I stepped onto the lawn, got down on one knee and began to carve a message in the snow, letter by letter...

HANNAH, WILL YOU MA...

I looked up and could see her starting to breathe heavily, trying to smile as her eyes welled up with tears...

... KE ME A CUP OF COFFEE AND A SANDWICH

Jack and Tom are having a quiet beer in a saloon when a cowboy walks in with an Indian's head under his arm. He hands it to the bartender, and the bartender hands him money. The bartender turns to them and says, "I hate Indians. Last week they burnt my barn to the ground and killed my wife and three kids. Anybody brings me the head of an Indian, I'll give them a thousand bucks".

Jack and Tom guzzle their beers and leave to go hunt Indians. After a while, they finally spot one. Jack throws a rock, it hits him on the head, the Indian falls off his horse, and rolls seventy feet down a ravine.

The two cowboys make their way down the ravine and Tom pulls out his knife to claim their trophy.

Jack says, "Tom, take a look at this".

Tom says, "Not now, I'm busy".

Jack says, "I really think you should have a look".

Tom says, "Asshole, can't you see I'm busy? I've got a thousand dollars in my hand".

Jack says, "Please, Tom, take a look".

Tom looks up at the top of the ravine, and there's five thousand Indians standing there. Tom says, "Fuck! We're gonna be millionaires"!

Comment

Working...
                                X