Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: W/c 8th

MAE ALL...

Time just got away from me yesterday and it's going to be a busy one today. Setting up for 2 functions tomorrow and fingers crossed all goes well. We're scheduled for a power outage tonight so will be working late to power everything down and then early in Saturday to make sure everything powers up again before the chef gets in at 6am. Will check in later with you all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick great news on the cat yay my bougie isnt doing too well PQ,i think LB has a job similar to yours? She works at a fancy place in Portland that does weddings,baby showers,etc not sure but it sounds similar,humid weather needs to go! Hard to exercise when the air is so stagnant and sticky boo! Much love to all and wishes for a fab,free,Friday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thought you had those sunflowers well protected. Glad you were able to save one of them. I think you nailed the English Cottage Garden, it's looking great. I like your little cactus garden, just need some miniature gnomes now. What a rip off with the van, glad you were able to fix it but geeze! Glad Amy's cat is home they really are family. I'll be crossing my fingers for Panda. You can send that rain right on back now.

Sam...I thought I got out of the tech world 20 years ago! That's what I get for working for a non-profit community centre. The General Manager at the time told the board I'd be the one to get them into the 21st century. I can see where playing dumb could be the way to go. Keep hydrated in that heat.

Cindi...hope the reunion is going good and that whirlwind is nothing with that attitude you have. I love the added joyous and free!

Pauly..."Canine American" LOL, Love it! I've been craving Clam Chowder Soup but need a cold, rainy day to enjoy it. Do you think the heat is affecting the bougie? I know it affects me! Sounds like LB is an Event Coordinator. It can be a very rewarding job till you have to deal with the wedding decorator from hell that I had to keep biting my tongue with today. I am really an Administrator/Office Manager but somehow that Event hat keeps popping onto my head.

Lav...good thing you were in Eastern Canada as the one day rain event was just a blip in our heatwave. We've been around 30-32 but no humidity. LOL How long are you going to be in upstate NY? Catering staff in today prepping for tomorrow so I'm having cabbage rolls and perogies for my dinner tonight.

Got everything powered down which is unfortunate as it's really hot here today. There's talk of thunderstorms around midnight when they're supposed to start the outage. Right now the storms are north of us and traveling east so hopefully everything will go as planned and I can start cooling the rooms off in the morning. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I'm back home after a wonderful & successful trip

Mick, no concrete jungles on this trip, just some cute little towns & an awesome hike thru a gorge this morning in Ithaca, NY Ithaca, New York - Wikipedia
          Happy to hear Amy's cat has returned, that was luck.
          There was no rain while I was away & no rain here either - things are very dry looking including some of my potted plants. At least the animals were still alive when I got home, ha ha!

PQ, you sound super busy lady. I hope they are paying you well or else.....
          So how was dinner - sounds delicious
          It was fairly warm in Ontario but not humid, thank goodness. I noticed a lot of lawn watering going on up there.
          I was kind of surprised to see that vineyards were so abundant up there. Tours were offered everywhere, I didn't go, ha ha. But I really did enjoy the lavender farm - oh my!!!

Pauly, all that heat & humidity is exactly why I get my hair cut so short. That weather turns me into a frizz ball, LOL
          How are the kids in all that sticky weather?

Hello to Sam, Pie, SK & everyone.
          Have a nice night one & all.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mae all ...rained like mad last night ,but sunny now ..been in the garden since 5 ...rabbits have been out too ..how are we then? all good? oh and thanks to the good ole us of a for sending us trump ..he has kinda peed on the special friendship bond ..there are protests everywhere ..it was kind of like a cartoon in the morning saying how crap we were and the trade deal with America will suffer ...hey like we give a toss donald ..and then in the afternoon saying what a great nation we were and we can have special trade deals ..it was obvious therehad been an errm excuse me Mr President but ....talk behind closed doors..
            what was funny ..did you see him inspecting the Queens guard?That was the Coldstream Gurds ..one of the very first regiments of foot that fought in the war of independance ..I wonder if that was done on purpose ?he wouldnt know anyway ..and now he is off to scotland ..where he will get a warm welcome ...Im sure ..anyway brew time

hiya Lav glad you are ok ...wow you were right no concrete there ..very nice indeed ...well has everything in the garden grown whilst you have been away?you usually find that ..

hiya ppqp ...a busy day for you..hope it all goes well...so you want some of the rain?here you go .

hiya pauly how are you hope alls well in paulysville ..have a great weekend

big hello to everyone else ...

a short post ....just like me ..
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,seen the protests on the news and wow that was ALOT of people! Loved the fat baby balloon don't like how he backpedddled on what he said either,sheesh that guy.Lav glad you're back home safe and sound also glad that you had a fun trip,PQ,that sounds like the correct title of LB's job,she had got a promotion the first of the year no extra money but she has a title haha,Sam,hope all is well with you,Cinders,hope your day goes great,Pie,sure you're staying super busy,TT,hope to see you someday,miss Sunflower wonder where she went off to? Anyhoo,much love to all and wishes for a super,sober Saturday!
              Last edited by paulywogg; July 14, 2018, 07:56 AM.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...happy to report that all systems came back online without a hitch! :yay:

Mick...we got rain, hail and wind gusts up to 100km/hr last night. Thankfully it didn't effect the power outage and everything's working this morning. Now to enjoy the rest of my weekend.

Pauly...you working today? You're up and at em early.

Have a Super Saturday all, will check in again later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PQ,i work every Saturday

Comment

Greetings Abbers!

Hot & sunny here, going into another heat wave too, boo, hiss
                    Spent the day trying to figure things out around the house. The hardwood floors are done but can’t put any furniture or rugs on them until Monday. The three bedrooms are emptied out & the carpeting removed. New carpeting to be installed on Monday.
                    Last night I tossed my mattress on the dining room floor & slept there, ha ha! I’ll be there tonight & tomorrow night as well. Crazy days!

Mick, apparently the green beans grew while I was away. I just steamed up a big bowl of them. My sunflowers bloomed too
                    I hope Trump falls in a gopher hole & breaks his neck or something. In any case, you can keep the a$$hole.

Hi there Pauly & PQ!

I wish SK could check in here. She left a message on my phone while we were driving yesterday sauing she was in the hospital. I tried to call back today but couldn’t get thru. I hope she’s feeling better :hug:

Have a nice night everyone!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X