Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c22th

morning all,
    thanks for the brew, Mick. Sounds perfect for detecting, clean field.

raining along here, not too heavy yet. I see that your area, Lav, has been getting hammered pretty good. What's with all or nothing?? hope your tricity comes back soon.

talked to the folks at the valve place, there's an adjustment (no instructions, of course) for the valve, so guess I'll put it back on and give it a whirl.

well, off to the salt mines, be well everyone
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good evening folks!

Yep, we have electricity off & on between the storms, ha ha!!!
      What a giant PITA!!!!
      It's scary reading about water rescues at taverns where we've eaten several times - not far from here. UGH. I feel sorry for the farmers, their fields are flooding

Mick, I read about your heat wave over there. Greece is burning up badly, very sorry for them as well. Keep yourself well hydrated & use ice cubes, ha ha!
      I liked your Santa letters - he sounds a bit like me, LOL
      We don't have any city services out here in the boon docks. Our water comes from a well we had drilled in the yard. The well pump needs electric to do it's thing so...…

Pauly, I won't have any dead animal parts on my house either, LOL

Sam, I figured you were getting rained on too. Lucky you're not getting this much.
      Good luck with your valve

Nothing much else happening....just waiting for this weather to clear out.
      Have a good one!!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...wow you really did get clobbered. Glad everyone is ok. Resealing that vent pipe doesn't sound too expensive, but what do I know. I keep knocking wood every time you mention power out.

Mick...warm and sunny in the morning then pop up thunder and rain in the afternoon. I'll try and keep it here as I don't have to water my garden these days. We definitely didn't get hit as hard as the south side of the city, you'd think Lav was living here. Good job on getting the trains up and running again, but I don't think that's a healthy way to loose weight. Will await the post cleanup pics.

Pauly...and the garage is almost too good for them. LOL

Sam...I hope the adjustment is the answer.

Son just walked in with a pizza so I'm off to chow down. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Originally posted by porqoui View Post
          MAE ALL...

Lav...wow you really did get clobbered. Glad everyone is ok. Resealing that vent pipe doesn't sound too expensive, but what do I know. I keep knocking wood every time you mention power out.

Mick...warm and sunny in the morning then pop up thunder and rain in the afternoon. I'll try and keep it here as I don't have to water my garden these days. We definitely didn't get hit as hard as the south side of the city, you'd think Lav was living here. Good job on getting the trains up and running again, but I don't think that's a healthy way to loose weight. Will await the post cleanup pics.

Pauly...and the garage is almost too good for them. LOL

Sam...I hope the adjustment is the answer.

Son just walked in with a pizza so I'm off to chow down. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP
          oh yeah!
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

morning alll..we had rainshine yesterday ,it poured down and it was 25 degreez...today is hot and sunny again and the peskies are out playing...I saw some new water features ,was thinking of this one in the garden..what do you think peeps ...

WF9824 - Otter Playground Water Feature with Lights - YouTube

the peskies would end up fighting it!!!! lets have a brew.

hiyasam the man,how are you today then? have you got the thing tweaked up ?hope so and it works.best of luck in the salt mines today...

hiya pauly how are you today then? hope all is well with you....the cat seems to be a little better ,so fingers crossed,I have manged to grow a Calla lily outside its a first for me..really pleased ...brought it inside ..

20180725_061949_Richtone(HDR).jpg

also look at my little one here ..

20180722_190328.jpg

20180722_190228.jpg

hiya Lav,how are you then?hope all is well ..get it ? well? ok ok its not that funny Iknow!hows ybs back?
            wow your weather sounds brutal ....and europe is burning ,...something crazee going on here wonder if trump has had a shot at the weather too?ha ha ...have a nice day ..sending you some sunshine..x

hiya ppqp ...how are youtoday?all good I hope ..yep we are doing ok with sun n rain too

20180724_103642_Richtone(HDR) (1).jpg

hiya everyone else hope you are ok.

The kids had been begging for weeks, so their mom finally gave in and bought them a hamster. It was the darling of the family for about a week. The kids played with it and fed it treats, but then their interest faded. Finally, just as she had feared, the mother was the one who wound up taking care of it.

One evening, exasperated, she sat them down and asked, "Why did you even want that darn thing? How many times do you think it would have died if I hadn't been looking after it for you?"

"I don't know" her son guessed. "Once?"

The first rule of the company is that each evening a service technician has to phone the household and confirm the following days appointments.

One evening a call was made and a man answered the phone. The technician said, "Hi, this is Henry from Acme Pest Control we have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow."

There was a long silence and then my husband heard the man on the other end say, "Honey, it's for you....someone wants to talk to you about your relatives."

Joe walked into his dad's study while his dad was working on the computer.

"Dad", said Joe, "Remember when you told me you'd give me 20 dollars if I passed my math test"?

Dad nodded.

"Well, the good news is that I just saved you 20 bucks".

and another

Sam: Dad, would you do my math homework for me?

Dad: No, son, it wouldn’t be right.

Sam: Well, at least you could try.

A teenage girl had been talking on the phone for about half an hour and then she hung up.

"Wow!" said her father, "That was short. You usually talk for two hours. What happened?"

"Wrong number..." replied his daughter.

I went to see my dyslexic mate today and he was busy covering his penis with shoe polish.

Mate, I said, you're supposed to turn your clock back!!

Last week, I took my grand-children to a restaurant. My six-year-old grand-son asked if he could say grace.

As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Grandpa gets us ice cream for dessert. And liberty and justice for all! Amen"!

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby, I heard a woman remark, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never"!

Hearing this, my grand-son burst into tears and asked me, "Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?"

As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job, and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached the table. He winked at my grand-son and said, "I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer".

"Really" my grand-son asked? "Cross my heart" the man replied.

Then, in a theatrical whisper, he added (indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), "Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes".

Naturally, I bought my grand-children ice cream at the end of the meal. My grand-son stared at his for a moment, and then did something I will remember the rest of my life.

He picked up his sundae and, without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her, "Here, this is for you. Shove it up your ass you grouchy old b i t c h "!!!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick that ice cream kid is my style liked the clock back joke too,surprised you got the Calla lily to grow!Peskie looks cute and I think that face says he's up for the new water project Feel still unsure about the trip to go home,grrr,id like to leave Saturday morning early,get there,hang out go to the pow wow,then come home Sunday,just a quickie would be easier for me but hubs is putting up a stink wanting to leave Friday morning instead,I hate sleeping in a motel bed,if I only hafta do it for one night it'd be better+I'd save $ on the car rental by shaving off a day,just wait and see,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday,,roast in the crock pot,yeah!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends,

Yes, it's still raining here with a few breaks in between storms. What a mess. One farmer measured 9 1/2" two days ago so I'm sure it's well over a foot of rain now, geez.
                No more roof leaks which is great. Now we just have to find someone willing to get up there & muck that vent pipe again.
                I'm watching my grandsons tomorrow then I'll be watching one of their dogs (the remaining Insanity Twin) while they take off on vacation for several days. I'm just lucky, ha ha!

Mick, your pics look great, your train set up looks professional. Your bunny is very photogenic& looking happy
                I hope your weather settles soon, these extremes get tiresome quickly.

PQ, I just saw a pic of the Susquehanna River which runs south thru Pennsylvania where I am to Maryland. It powers a huge hydroelectric dam. The people operating the dam are complaining about too much water coming thru too fast. What can you do?? Crazy!
                I hope your pizza was good.

Pauly, do you really absolutely have to go on this trip? If you are feeling unsure about it then just beg out. The world won't fall apart if you don't go, right? I'd hate to see you get into an uncomfortable situation :hug:
                Hope your roast was good.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I can't avoid my family Lav,that'd just be plain weird.
                  Last edited by paulywogg; July 25, 2018, 07:13 PM.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...was that a comment on the horns/garage/garbage? LOL

Mick...rainshine, I like that, I'll be borrowing it from you. No rain here today and it doesn't look like anythings bubbling up for tonight. May have to water the garden tomorrow. LOL Re the Otter Playground Water Feature, I was just thinking the same thing about the Peskies! There are a lot of Cascading Water Features to choose from though. By the way, to rabbits swim? WOW...look how far you've come with the Train setup. Was scrolling back to find a before picture but couldn't find one easily enough. You should be very proud, the whole room looks great. Panda looks so comfortable in your arms, well hand.

Pauly...I must have missed a post, didn't know you were heading home for a visit. Is it just you and hubby going? Probably hard to beg off if it's just the 2 of you. Here's a thought, tell him he can go by himself or compromise with going Saturday morning. See where that gets you. Wish I had a roast in my crock pot. jealous.com

Lav...that rainfall has got to be a record. Good news about the roof leak, I'm sure Mick will pop over and seal that for you. G/kid sitting and then 1/2 Insanity Twin sitting, I think you misinterpreted that capital "L" on your forehead. Too much/fast water going through the damn can be a real problem, shades of Calgary flooding in 2013. The pizza was excellent as he got it at our neighbourhood pizza place, which I love, instead of the cardboard slabs he usually gets.

No pizza, no roast so dinner will be cucumber and avocado sandwiches. Cucumber from the garden but I'd need to build a greenhouse for the avocado. Early out tomorrow as I'm dropping the car off for an oil change. Have an event free evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

good morning all,how are we?just a quickone this morning ..it is hotter than the hounds of hell here today,and sposed to be getting hotter and storm tomorrow ..Julie has got an appt at the hops this morning ...she forgot to tell me that she isnt allowed to drive after it,and she is supposed to have an adult with her ...loooks like Ill hafta do....will be back on later have a good one.
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hope all is ok Mick,waves to all have a great BF Thursday

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I think you'll do just fine as an adult. LOL Hope Julie's appointment was just routine, I've had a couple of those where I'm not allowed to drive afterwards. Even with the popup thunderstorms our temps have been reasonable. Just made it in the door before the golf ball size raindrops fell, at least it's not hail. Hope you don't get walloped and the temps drop soon.

Pauly...Hope you had a great BF Thursday. Any compromise on the trip home?

Had a productive day, spent some time with the co-worker which resulted in her not having to come in tomorrow. :yay:
                          We have a Mendi Party at the centre tonight (think bachlorette party where all the ladies get painted up with henna) then a Pre-Wedding Celebration tomorrow night (immediate family 200) and then the official wedding next weekend (not at the centre) for 700 people. These East Indians really know how to milk the engagement/wedding parties. They actually go on for about 2 weeks.

I am willing to support MWO by subscribing but just can't manage it financially right now. Will work that into my budget though. Heard back from the trustee and my consumer proposal has been accepted by all creditors, the piece of mind has begun.

Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Guess what? No rain today, unbelievable & the sun arrived this afternoon too, woo hoo
                            So far I have fed the boys breakfast, lunch, dinner & tons of snacks. They should have been picked up by now but we just heard their dad is tied up at work so he probsbly won’t get home until mid-morning tomorrow. Our DIL got home from work to find a sick dog so she’s taking the dog to the vet tonight. I guess this is going to screw up their plan to leave for vacation early tomorrow morning. It’s always something!

Mick, maybe hou need a kiddie pool in the yard to cool off. Sorry about the heat, yuck.
                            I hope Julie’s appt went well today.

Pauly, we have a long history of blowing off family for so many reasons. There’s nothing weird about saving yourselves from potential family drama.

PQ, a henna hen fest, ha ha, sounds pretty wild!!!
                            I hope they all have a great time.
                            Glad your weather is shaping up as well.

I did hear we are getting storms again tomorrow night but I’m not going to worry about that now.
                            I think I’m going to end up with overnight guests here, oh well.
                            Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                            Last edited by Lavande; July 26, 2018, 07:18 PM.
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all ..firstly apologies fo not getting back here yest..it wasnt the most routine of days at all..far from it ...Julie was at the hosp ...she has a condition called blepharitis ,and has always had it ...despite being palmed off with alll sorts of diagnosis (whats the plural?) over the years ..she at least knows now what it is.
                              Then on top of that ,her cat had gone downhill rapidly overnight ...she had been doing brilliantly and then all of a sudden bang ...up to that point they hadnt operated ....last night they did ..bank of dad .com...I will get ut back thru the insurance its just they want the fees up front ...so cat was operated on ..apparently the head honcho came in and did it ...those with anomals Lav Pie pauly etc ,will know how scary the kerching numbers were ..anyways touch wood she is recovering well...the cat that is!!
                              supposed to rain today..big storms tonight ..we shall see ..oh and supposed to be a red moon too.
                              red cheese yipee...ok brew time is here..

Hiya Lav storms and guests ...you are going to have a ball you are ..I saw your pic with the rain........was so tempted to send you one of here ..but thought that was just tempting the gods!!have they eaten you out of house and home yet?hope the dog is ok ....I guess you were dog sitting too?havea nice day ...ps has the leak been sorted yet or is it a boards up job?

hiya ppqp ..how are you then?all good nice result getting the co worker to subscribe to buggeroff.com! yep know all about Indian weddings ,from around here and also in Inja itself ...the henna is smart. ..getyourself an invite the food is brill too

hiya pauly ...hows you ? I knowyou want to see your family ...and I agree Iwoul ,but to stop over on the friday is putting temptation in the way for no need ..why dont you compromise with hubs ? go on the sat ,but the money you woulda spent on thr Fri overnight and lodgings ...go out together somewhere ..that way you get the temptation reduced you see family ,he gets to the do ,and also another day out...

hiya sam ,pie tt,nora c and everyone else ...have a lovely weekend ...

Little Johnny was at the local supermarket with his parents.

Little Johnny, got tired of walking, so his Dad let Little Johnny sit on his shoulders. As they walked Little Johnny started pulling his Dad's hair.

His Dad asked Little Johnny to stop numerous times but he kept on. Eventually Little Johnny's Dad got really annoyed and said, "Son Stop that immediately!"

"But, Daddy", Little Johnny replied, "I'm just trying to get my chewing-gum back".

Five sales people, John, Peter, Harry, George, and Margaret, meet at the water cooler.

John: "I had three fantastic meetings today, man they were great! "

Peter: "I managed to crank out 85 calls! "

Harry: " I mass emailed over 4500 prospects! "

George: "I put together and sent out over 200 new info kits to new prospects in my territory. "

Margaret: "I didn't sell anything either. "

Moral of the story: Nothing matters in sales but results. All the good intentions or activities mean nothing unless you are able to produce.

The Green Thing

In the line at the store, the cashier told the older woman that she should bring her own grocery bag because plastic bags weren't good for the environment. The woman apologized to him and explained,

"We didn't have the green thing back in my day."

The clerk responded, "That's our problem today. The former generation did not care enough to save our environment."

He was right, that generation didn't have the green thing in its day. Back then, they returned their milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled.

But they didn't have the green thing back in that customer's day. In her day, they walked up stairs, because they didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. They walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time they had to go two blocks.

But she was right. They didn't have the green thing in her day. Back then, they washed the baby's diapers because they didn't have the throw-away kind. They dried clothes on a line, not in an energy gobbling machine burning up 220 volts - wind and solar power really did dry the clothes. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

But that old lady is right, they didn't have the green thing back in her day. Back then, they had one TV, or radio, in the house - not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief, not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen, they blended and stirred by hand because they didn't have electric machines to do everything for you. When they packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, they used a wadded up old newspaper to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap.

Back then, they didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. They used a push mower that ran on human power. They exercised by working so they didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she's right, they didn't have the green thing back then. They drank from a fountain when they were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time they had a drink of water. They refilled their writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and they replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But they didn't have the green thing back then. Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or rode the school bus instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service. They had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And they didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 2,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest pizza joint.

But isn't it sad that the current generation laments how wasteful the old folks were just because they didn't have the green thing back then?

American Movie Rating System Explained
                              G : Nobody gets the girl.

PG : The Good Guy Gets The Girl.

R : The Bad Guy Gets The Girl.

X : Everybody Gets The Girl.

XXX : Everybody gets the girl, her mother, her sister, her father, and her father's boyfriend.

Liverpool airport has been shut for the past 8 hours due to a "suspicious car".

Apparently it had tax, insurance and the radio was still in it.

The President's Speech
                              President T was invited to address a major gathering of the American Indian Nation two weeks ago in upstate New York.

He spoke for almost an hour about his plans for increasing every Native American's present standard of living.

A news reporter later asked the group of chiefs how they came to select the new name they had given to the President.

They explained that "Walking Eagle" is the name given to a bird so full of shit it can no longer fly.

My son's been asking me for a pet spider for his birthday, so I went to our local pet shop and they were $70 each ! ! !

Bollox to this, I thought, I can get one cheaper off the web.

Have You Tried this on a Debt Collector?
                              The phone rang as I was sitting down to my anticipated evening meal and, as I answered, I was greeted with, "Is this James Darwin?"

This didn't sound anything like my name, so I asked, "Who is calling?"

The debt collector said he was with The ATM Credit Card Company or something like that and then I asked him if he knew James personally and why was he was calling this number. I then said, off to the side, "Get really good pictures of the body and all the blood."

I then turned back to the phone and advised the debt collector that he had entered a murder scene and must stay on the line because we had already traced this call and he would be receiving a summons to appear in the local courthouse to testify in this murder case.

I then questioned the caller at great length as to his name, address, phone number at home, at work, who he worked for, how he knew the dead guy and could he prove where he had been about one hour before he made this call. The debt collector was getting very concerned and his answers were given in a shaky voice.

Then I proceeded to tell him that we had located his position at his work place and the police were entering the building to take him into custody. At that point, I heard the phone fall and the scurrying of his running away.

My better half asked me, as I returned to the table, why I had tears streaming down my face and so help me, I couldn't tell her for about fifteen minutes.

My meal was cold, but oh-so-very enjoyable.

This could be the start of something fun!

A defense attorney was in recovery after open heart surgery.
                              He woke up to a bright beautiful morning and saw that the blinds were closed tight and he asked the nurse why?
                              The nurse replied, "late last night the building across the street burned down, a complete loss. We didn't want you to wake up, see the flames, and assume that the surgery was a failure."

Did you here about the big paddle sale at the boat store?
                              Everyone said it was quite an oar deal!

You’ll never see me buying Evian water.
                              I’m not stupid, it’s 'naive’ backwards.
                              I buy the slightly cheaper Dosyllis instead.
                              I think it’s Greek.

My mates been having an affair with a goldsmith but he had to call it off.
                              He couldn't stand the gilt.

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,great jokes hope the cat will be ok,seems it's fine then not,Kell just headed out to drive up to our family I worry about them out on highway cuz there's no cell service between here and there,ugh,sounds like everyone is doing ok here much love to all and with for a fabulous BF Friday!

Comment

Working...
                                X