w/c 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 29

morning all ,how are we today then? hope all is well with you today then...The sun is out hee yet again today ,yipee.Well the new hutch I was getting for the peskies has fallen thru ,my friend who was going to make it for me ,has got some family circumstances that mean he cant..so I need to get on with it soon as ..so its busy me ..on top of that my bandsaw broke yesterday ,so Ive got to fix..
    so quick brew and on we go...

hiya Lav,brew for you ...snakes again time ? is there not a way you can inject an egg with something that Mr Snake will not come back for second helpings?did the rain turn up for you?glad sk is doing ok ,say hiya for me next time she contacts you?

hey pauly ,firstly ,well chuffed that you didnt drink when you were away ,that was a trigger last time..so good for you ...as far lasgna ...Im off to Italy next month so will def be having it ..best of luck in finding a new salon...sounds like the present geezer is nutso...

hiya ppqp ...hows you then? by all means veggie shop here ..did you have a quiet day then? no co worker.com?have a nice day

hi sam the man ,you up to speed with your work?I guess you dont like flying ? how long is the flight? to me now its just a means to an end.....Julie doesnt like flying either .best of luck to you mate.

hiya everyone else ..hope you are all ok

take care everyone..

Proof The World Is Nuts
    In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is punishable by death. (Like THAT makes sense.)

In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals, but is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see their reflection in a mirror. Do they look different reversed?)

The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation. (Much worse than "going blind!")

There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time .
    Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry. (Let's just think about this one for a minute; is there any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)

In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husband's illicit lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired. (Ah! Justice!)

Topless sales women are legal in Liverpool, England - but only in tropical fish stores. (But of course!)

In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act
    Makes one shudder at the thought.)

In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time. I presume this was a big enough problem that they had to pass this law?

In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with One exception: Prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only "in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises." ( Is this a great country or what? Well . . . not as great as Guam!)

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour. (Who volunteers for this stuff?)

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure. (Is that why Flipper was always smiling?)

The ant can lift 50 times it's own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.(From drinking little bottles of . ?)

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

Starfish don't have brains.

And, the best for last...

Turtles can breathe through their butts .
    (And I thought I had bad breath in the morning!)

Little Johnny's father noticed that Johnny was spending way too much time playing computer games. In an effort to motivate Little Johnny into focusing more attention on his schoolwork, his father said, "When Abe Lincoln was your age, he was studying books by the light of the fireplace."

Little Johnny replied, "When Abe Lincoln was your age, he was The President of the United States."

A man hails a taxi, and gets inside.
    "5th and Main, please."

"You again?" says the taxi driver. "This is the 4th time I've dropped you and your wife off at work."

"Really? My wife doesn't work."

"Yes, she does. I drop her off there everyday, about an hour after I drive you to work."

"There?"

"Behind the Tillman & Lane department store."

"Interesting," says the man. "Tell you what. Pick me up in two hours, and I want you to show me where my wife works." So two hours later, the taxi arrives and takes the man to whorehouse behind Tillman & Lane.

"Hold on," said the driver. "I'll be right back."

There's a huge commotion after the driver goes in, with cursing and screaming and the sounds of breaking furniture. The driver comes out with a woman in a headlock.

"That's not my wife!" exclaims the man.

"I know. She's mine. I'm going back in for yours."

Some guy bought a new fridge for his house. To get rid of his old fridge, he put it in his front yard and hung a sign on it saying: "Free to good home. You want it, you take it." For three days the fridge sat there without even one person looking twice at it. He eventually decided that people were too un-trusting of this deal. It looked to good to be true,
    so he changed the sign to read: "Fridge for sale $50." The next day someone stole it. Caution...

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the north?" When my
    brother explained that the sun rises in the east, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, "Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff."

I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?"
    Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific" .

My colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria, when we overheard one of the administrative assistants talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend drive to the shore. She drove down in a convertible, but "didn't think she'd get sunburned because the car was moving". .

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car it's designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk...

My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount....

I was hanging out with a friend when we saw a woman with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain. My friend said, "Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turned her head?" I explained that a person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart no matter which way the head is
    turned...

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area. So I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me, "has your plane arrived yet?"...

While working at a pizza parlor I observed a man ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding. "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6 pieces.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,funny jokes and I think that actually would happen with the fridge haha Lb is flying back to Portland this morning,her boyfriend dropped her off at 4 am,then he finishes up a,catering job then flies back tonight,I always feel sad when they leave but she'll be back at the end of the month for some event for her friend who's getting married in the fall,not much else going on around here,which is a good thing I guess,no drama for this mama! Much love to all and let's have a Happy August!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....Is this a white rabbit moment? Not sure of the definition.

Lav...gotta say cashew ricotta sounds interesting. I love cashews. A chicken will eat a small snake :eeks: Who knew! Yes it was a nice quiet day.

Mick...Isn't that a new bandsaw to begin with? You were probably looking for a new project anyways. :shakingno: We're supposed to mount the plaques tonight but as we're headed up to 31C today with a volatile storm with winds and hail forecast for early evening we may have to put it off for a couple of days. Long weekend will see no storms but I don't know how many garden members will be around. Oh well, we'll work it out.

Pauly...no drama for this mama sounds like a mantra to live by.

Hopefully another quiet day and maybe a chance of some card playing this afternoon. Shout out to the rest of us and have a good one....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

All that rain they promised must have taken a wrong turn somewhere, I'm OK with that.
          Still dog sitting & all that too.

Mick, I don't think we're supposed to harm or kill those black snakes. They do serve a purpose in keeping the varmit population down around here, ha ha! No sightings today so my heart rate remained steady!!
          YB has a band saw in his garage along with many other sharp objects. I don't like those things either, Lol
          This is a brand new month so White Rabbits

Pauly, are you watching the boys this week. It feels weird to not have my grandsons here all week. They are vacationing up on the coast of Maine this week, nice.

PQ, you have to start with raw cashews, the roasted, oiled, salty ones won't work to make the ricotta. I just soak them for a few hours then toss them in the blender with some seasonings, etc like this:

CASHEW RICOTTA CHEESE - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
          I use it for anything calling for ricotta. Even YB likes it, haha!
          Hope your day was a good one.

Have a nice night everyone!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav...thanks for the link some of the recipes look great. I'll save my roasted, oiled, salty ones for devilish snacking. Take advantage of the kid free week and restock. LOL

Det...where you at? Patiently waiting for pics.

Cancelled the plaque mounting for tonight, good thing with rain/hail hitting about 4pm. It's moved off for now but looks like it'll be back. Yup rumbles have started again.
            Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya folks. .as you can see I'm on my phone the computer is taken up at the moment. .I've finally found a way to download all my dvds on to an ext hard drive. ..got the bandsaw working with out loss of limb or injury. ..yep I know! !!I am also revamping the railway a bit more and now going to collect slabs to lay.Went to see my friend yesterday. . I'm giving him a hand and by next weekend the rabbits will have a house like this.. obviously roofed..it is 8ft long 4and a half high and 4 wide made of 18mm tanalised wood
              20180801_125252.jpg

Also here's the grapes growing in my friends greenhouse

20180801_131312.jpg
              I was in a store yesterday. Hidden in one of the basketsite was an empty vodka bottle. ..someone had emptied it in the store!!!told the manager. . Reply?yeah it happens regular! !!!!will jump in later
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick happens all the time in the grocery store by work too,,,booze and food! Irritated by it cuz it's stealing,Michelle's home for a few days her and her bf are arguing and need a break I guess,so much for no drama,oh well not mine,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

well, it is raining to beat the band here. In the last 2 days, 4 inches of rain. In the midst of severe warning/watch right now. Reckon I'd better the generator set up for the Mrs. since I'l be absent for the next couple of days. Lav, I know you can more than relate!

Mick, looks like a nice hutch, you building one as well? thought you had a pretty nice set up, if I remember correctly.
                  Pauly, hopefully its their drama, not yours??

be gone for a bit so have a luverly weekend friends!
                  Last edited by Samstone; August 2, 2018, 11:25 AM.
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

We had a severe T storm last night starting at 11 pm, ridiculous amount of lightening. Looks like more storms shaping up for tonight.
                    Well, YB was outside at 6 am getting ready to take his Amish friends somewhere when he noticed there were two foxes inside the fenced chicken yard & they were eating two of my chickens
                    They dug holes under the brand new fence to get in the yard & commit murder!!!! I am really pissed off now & told YB to go ahead & shoot the damn things next time he sees them. I have had enough of the fox population around here, sh*t!!! That's a total of 5 or 6 chickens since last fall when all this started!

Mick, your bunny condo looks awesome, lucky rabbits!
                    Is your friend a wine maker? My brother grew grapes & made the most awful wine, ha ha!

Pauly, we will always be parents, no way around it. We support our kids when they need us. I hope some day they return the favor when we need help

Sam, there's no sign of this rain pattern stopping. It's getting kinda depressing, no kidding. Our power went off this afternoon for no reason, no ran at the time. Thankfully it came back on pretty quickly.

Hello to Det, Pie & my old friend Cyntree, hope yo can check in soon.

Take care everypne.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Aww Lav,I miss Cyn too! And our little thread
                      Last edited by paulywogg; August 2, 2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...so I'm a little confused. Is this the friend who said he wouldn't be able to build it because of family circumstances? Or is this his rabbit hutch and you're helping him finish it? Please clear up the mystery for me.

Pauly...sorry to hear drama has descended, at least it's not yours, but still tough. Try and keep an emotional distance.

Sam...so you're not taking the missus with you? Intrigued as to where you're going. Hope your generator just needs to be turned on. My ex "McGyvered" ours so I had to hook it up to the batter of the truck, which of course I had to make sure was full of fuel first, then follow a procedure for turning everything on. Thank God I never had to use it, would probably have blown myself up.

Lav...OMG! What a shame, I'm so sorry. I agree, shoot the bastards. Listening to you and Sam I am definitely grateful to be living here. Knock wood no power outages yet.

Pop up T/storm with big fat rain trying to turn to hail this afternoon. It's moved off for now but I don't think it's done yet. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all,how are we all today then ? poets day today....though in some cases it matters not!well last night ,I was eating tea last night ,I saw the farmer coming down the hill with his mini digger ,..there is a slight hill/scar on the hill the digger then disappears behind the scar,about 15 minutes later ,the farmers daughter and a couple more came down the hill leading a horse ...I knew what was happening but to see the horse walking down kind of whacked me in the head....and then digger went ..I felt gutted ...obviously the horse was poorly you dont put a healthy horse down..but never the less ..I guess its an affinity with animals ,the same certainly doesnt /didnt apply to yoomanz ..ok different days different scenarios blah blah ,but tea got binned ..oh well the silver cloud is ..helps with my diet!!!!so lets have a brew ....was up in the loft earlier wow ....pretty hot up there

hiya ppqp ...hows you then? all good I hope..yes my friend couldnt build the hutch because of his back probs and also family illness..that one in the pic...Im helping him finish it, he makes them for a sideline terrier boxes hutches kennels etc..so once that one is made ,we are making another exactly the same..does that make sense? did you have more rain?

hiya Lav...jeez so sorry about the foxes ...I agree ...play the game ...pay the price.....sounds like you are having a bit of a rubbish time at the moment ....big special brew for you..No they dont make wine ,just eat tons of grapes!!! hope you have a decent day and no foxes...

hiya Sam the man ...as we speak Im watering the grass!!its as dry as a bone...yes the hutch Ive got is ok ,but the back and roof have gone ,plus with Panda ,I want her climbing as little as possible..the other thing is ...the new hutch is sectionalised..which means I can add more modules to it ....hope your trip away goes ok

hiya Pauly ,how are you then? hope all is well with you ,so Michelle is home? lucky she has got you ..you doing anything for the weekend ? sounds like a catchphrase!!! take care

hiya everyone else hope you have a great weekend?

"Sally", asked Linda thoughtfully one day, "what would you do if you caught another woman in bed with your husband"?

"With George"? Sally thought it over. "Let's see; I'd break her cane, shoot her seeing eye dog, and call a cab to take her back to the institution she escaped from".

Cruise Ship

DEAR DIARY. DAY ONE
                          I am all packed and ready to get on the cruise ship. I've packed all my pretty dresses and makeup. I'm really excited.

DEAR DIARY. DAY TWO
                          We spent the entire day at sea. It was beautiful and we saw some whales and dolphins. What a wonderful vacation this has started to be. I met the Captain today and he seems like a very nice man.

DEAR DIARY. DAY THREE
                          I spent some time in the pool today. I also did some shuffle boarding and hit some golf balls off the deck. The Captain invited me to join him at his table for dinner. I felt honored and we had a wonderful time. He is a very attractive and atte ntive gentleman.

DEAR DIARY. DAY FOUR
                          Went to the ship's casino ... did OK ... won about $80. The Captain invited me to have dinner with him in his state room. We had a luxurious meal complete with caviar and champagne. He asked me to stay the night but I declined. I told him there was no way I could be unfaithful to my husband.

DEAR DIARY. DAY FIVE
                          Went back to the pool today and got a little sunburned. I decided to go to the piano bar and spend the rest of the day inside . The Captain saw me and bought me a couple of drinks. He really is a charming gentleman. He again asked me to visit him for the night and again I declined. He told me that if I didn't come to his cabin for the night, he would sink the ship. I was appalled.

DEAR DIARY. DAY SIX
                          I saved 1600 lives today... Twice

You've all heard of the Air Force's ultra-high-security, super-secret base in Nevada, known simply as "Area 51"?

Well, late one afternoon, the Air Force folks out at Area 51 were very surprised to see a Cessna landing at their "secret" base. They immediately impounded the aircraft and hauled the pilot into an interrogation room.

The pilot's story was that he took off from Las Vegas, got lost, and spotted the Base just as he was about to run out of fuel. The Air Force started a full FBI background check on the pilot and held him overnight during the investigation.

By the next day, they were finally convinced that the pilot really was lost and wasn't a spy. They gassed up his airplane, gave him a terrifying "you-did-not-see-a-base" briefing, complete with threats of spending the rest of his life in prison, told him Vegas was that-a-way on such and such a heading, and sent him on his way.

The next day, to the total disbelief of the Air Force, the same Cessna showed up again. Once again, the MP's surrounded the plane... only this time there were two people in the plane.

The same pilot jumped out and said, "Do anything you want to me, but my wife is in the plane and you have to tell her where I was last night"!

There once was a magical frog who lived in a huge forest. The forest was so big that he had never seen another animal as long as he lived. One day he was walking to the stream when he happened to come across a bear chasing a rabbit for his lunch.

He stopped them and called them over and said "I'm a magical frog. Seeing as you are the first two animals I've ever seen in my life, I'll give you each three wishes. You may have one wish at a time, and the bear may go first, because he is the biggest."

The bear thinks about it for a while and finally says "I wish every bear in this forest besides me was a female." The frog snaps his fingers and says "It is done. Every other bear in this forest is now female. Rabbit, what's your first wish?"

The rabbit quickly says "I want a crash helmet". The frog thought this was a bit weird, but said nothing. He snapped his fingers and a crash helmet appeared in front of the rabbit, who then strapped it on without thinking twice.

The frog turns to the bear and says "What's your second wish?" The bear says "Well.. I wish every bear in the NEXT forest was a female." The frog snaps his fingers and says "It is done. Every bear in the next forest is female. Rabbit- Your next wish?"

The rabbit then wished for a motorcycle. This was too much for the bear, who thought the rabbit was wasting his wishes. "What the hell are you doing? Why don't you wish for all the money in the world and go BUY a motorcycle??" The rabbit replies "No, I want a motorcycle NOW" So the frog snaps his fingers and a motorbike magically appears in front of the rabbit, who proceeds to hop on and gun the engine. The frog then asked the bear what his last wish would be.

"Gee," said the bear, "this is going GREAT! I wish every other bear in the WORLD besides me was a female!" The frog snaps his fingers and says "It is done. Every bear on earth besides you is female. Rabbit, what's your last wish?"

The rabbit said- "I wish the bear was gay"

Ole, while not a brilliant scholar, was a gifted portrait artist. His fame grew and soon people from all over the country were coming to him in Minnesota for paintings.

One day, a beautiful young woman pulled up to his house in a stretch limo.

She asked Ole if he would paint her in the nude.

This was the first time anyone had made this request.

The beautiful lady said money was no object; she was willing to pay $50,000.

Not wanting to get into trouble with his wife, Ole asked the lady to wait while he went in the house and conferred with Lena, his missus.

In a few minutes he returned and said to the lady, "Ya, shoor, you betcha. I'll paint ya in da nude, but I'll haff ta leave my socks on so I'll have a place to wipe my brushes."

Comment

Mae everybody,so Mick they had to put the horse down? Thats kind of a strange way to do it,makes me sad was cloudy almost all day yesterday yet no rain on my side of town,gotta go shopping for some food for Michelle cuz she's doing some 6 week shred=no carbs,,this girl is the last person who needs to lose weight jeez,anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a fab,BF Friday!

Comment

MAE ALL...couldn't get on this morning but all's good now.

Mick...yes, makes perfect sense now, thanks for clearing that up. Sorry you had to bin your tea yesterday, glad you see the positive in it. LOL Running a farm/ranch really puts life and death in perspective. Can't have one without the other. When we had to put my son's horse down, mind you we used a vet, he could walk but had a disease in his back that made him look drunk all the time. Yup, got more rain yesterday and today. Only thing is when it stops it all evaporates.

Pauly...not only does Michelle move back for awhile she brings dietary restrictions with her. Like Lav said, she's lucky to have you.

Sam...not sure when you left this morning but safe travels.

Son offered to buy me lunch and by the time the boss got back he said and you won't be coming back right? Right he was. Started the long weekend early. Have a peaceful evening all...:smilepqp

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Glad to report there were no murders today. I am still pretty steamed though & likely will be for a while. Losing 6 chickens in a two week period is just ridiculous. I have taken out a contract on the foxes though so it's open season around here as far as I'm concerned. If anyone feels like taking their hostilities out, come on over, ha ha!
                                My son came over & picked up his dog, I wish she could stay & help me deter these predators.
                                We had some rain showers off & on all day but no big storms, maybe later.

Mick, sad about your neighbor & his horse It seems to be a rough week everywhere!
                                If you want some rain, please take mine.

Pauly, maybe Michelle will have all of you eating healthy with her, LOL
                                I could certainly due with consuming fewer carbs but I am not a big meat eater, it's tough sometimes.

PQ, glad you got a jumpstart on your weekend, yay!
                                Nice that your son took you out for lunch. I think my son owes me lunch after caring for his dog all week, ha ha!

Hello to those missing & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X