Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wk commencing 12 REPLACEMENT

Hidy Ho ABeroooonies near and far!

oh my, what an adventure and it carries on.... Only now I'm 'home' in Las Vegas and starting my unpack and settle in process which really
    has a way to go. Doing custom carpentry/staining etc on trailer today as well as loads of errands and whatnot. AF 3 months now which is super and
    I'm feeling stellar mentally, physically and even emotionally after what seemed an eternity. Among the 'wins' I've had while away in a very fascinating and
    different kind of rehab, has been truly getting over the mourning of my divorce. I pushed that off by hiding one way or the other but have finally reconciled
    my emotions and in such a better mindset. Now.... new in a big city and I know nobody... will be attending some non 12-step sobriety meetings as well as
    some meetup.com groups. Those groups are much more active here than in Reno. Pauly, no more salon work, or just looking for another shop? I've expanded my
    DIY hair kit to 3 clippers now including an Andis outliner II boy aren't I just getting fashionable? LOL. well it is time to make myself presentable and go out on the
    prowl for nice friends. Including a 'special' friend eventually... wish me luck as I haven't been dating in 21+ years and I'm pretty well mortified by the idea. eeeeek!

So lovely to see/read all of your glowing faces once again and I'm reading back and catching up best I can.

be well loves
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

Det, terrific to see you back & congrats on your AF time, wow! 3 Months is solid time, you should be proud of your accomplishment. We are all proud of you!
      It's good to hear that you have made great strides sorting thru the emotional stuff. That's the hardest part for most of us beings. I wish you continued growth & success

Mick, we had a rain free day (it will be back tomorrow). This was day 8 with no wildlife sightings, I am thrilled but not letting my guard down!
      So your bunnies are being a bit picky about their new home? Ha ha! I'm sure they will explore the entire condo in good time.
      The Amish farmers are very dependent on the rest of us to buy all they grow. Most of them seem to have a hard time communicating with us but the ones we've gotten to know have loosened up quite a bit over the past 15 years that we've been here. They realized that if they want help driving their veggies to the auction (on the other side of town) they have to ask nicely. The younger generation taking over their parent's farms are much more communicative. The Amish also depend on us to buy the furniture they make & the foods they sell can, bake & cook at different locations. It's a real give & take thing but it works so everyone is happy

SK, I'm sorry to hear Peggy is not feeling well. Hopefully it's just a viral thing & will clear on it's own.
      How are you doing?

Pauly, are you going to be able to see our friend Det? That would be a cool thing
      My chickens dig holes all over their yard so they can flop in them to cool off on a hot day - talk about weird animals, ha ha!

Have a nice night everyone & say a little prayer for Aretha Franklin who passed today. She was my fav!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all as I speak I am sI ting in the dentist. ..just a check up. No panic....details it's axe to see you mate I will read all this after but congratulations on the way you have got your act together. ..well done buddy

Sk..oh no I hope Peggy is OK ...sounds like she has eaten something and wants to get rid of it.. believe me, I know how worrying our animals can be.
        Hiya Paul you OK ?hope so. ..any plans for the weekend,

Hiya lav..how's you then. . It's interesting to hear that the communities get on . The same certainly don't happen here. .

Right need to go bbl folks
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Det I think Mick was trying to say it's ace to see you haha,dam spellcheck! Ive had it change it to "Details" too it really is great to see you and you sound wonderful! Just my usual Friday stuff today,will feel weird to go to lunch with Kell without Lou tho,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Friday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Det, you sound great, welcome back, job well done.

Busy day. Vets, dr's appt. bank and cleaning service.

Have a good day.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

hiya folks ,wow ,just read back what I wrote using my phone this morning .det it is ace not axe jeez ..well a full check up thats the first proper one since all the work was completed..Well pleased all 100% cleanliness gum improvement ...It has settled down tremendously..for those that didnt know ,my stomach acid was so strong ,it did my teeth in to the extent I couldnt eat too much..I had tried a plate ..it wasas much use as a chocolate fireguard..it was uncomfortable and didnt work and I also ended up with a bone infection in my jaw..anyway over the time I gt the bone infection sorted out a bit replaced ..I ended up with 12 implants in the top ,and 6 crowns in the bottom ..so you can see why I look after them ...Anyways ,moving on ..its pouring down with rain tonight ,but in the morning its supposed to be sunny ...we are off at about 7.30 am ...going to the flower show at Southport...so it will probably be a quick hello in the morning ,but we will have some jokes ..

Sk hope you had a good day....how did you get on at the vets?

hiya pauly,how was dinner without Lou?quiet I guess ...

big hello to everyone else ..
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Aren't you glad I speak Mick and am able to translate haha lunch was quieter without Lou yet Romeo is a handful,his new thing is grabbing all food he sees! I had to guard my salad cuz he grabbed a handful of lettuce and tried shoving it in his mouth,,cracks me up! Went to a thrift shop to buy some books for Lou and I bought myself two fun looking books for myself,got a spicy Mexican iced coffee which was ace(not axe)

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Well the @#$&* snakes are back. The second time YB pulled one out of a nest box it got mad & bit him on the hand
                  No damage done, non-poisonous & all that but still, geez.
                  At least there were no fox sightings today.
                  I have the boys here, staying overnight too. Their parents will be picking them up in the morning & they will be heading down to the Outer Banks (Byrdie territory)
                  I hope they don’t hsve to deal with string storms this time. Of course I’ll be dog sitting this week.

Mick, great to hear your dental check was A+!
                  You certainly have given the dental project your full attention. Enjoy the flower show tomorrow.

Pauly, life really changes when the kids start school. You girls will adjust

SK, You are sounding better yourself. I hope Peggy is feeling better too!

Hello to Det, PQ & anyone lurking.
                  Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Axe to see you too mate My uncle's family has a really cute bunny. I'll take pics I promise.

Pauly, how do you beat the heat here? I'm meeeeeltiiiing.... but good spirits abound.
                    You still cutting hair? I've actually starting this thing called a 'hair style' er... trying to. Couple
                    of my fellow students at the rehab were helping me, or at least trying to. Trying to spruce myself up
                    again and get ready to be proper for social life for the first time ever.

Lav, we had copperheads at the facility I was at. I darned near stepped on one wearing flipflops on my way to
                    the weight room. yikes. Regarding Amish, I wish we had a community of them here as I'd be buying eggs for sure.

Late here so better round out for zzzzzz. Going up to Mt Charlston in the morn.

be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all..quick jump in ..on laptop ,but Im sure pauly can tronslite anything that doesnt read ko!!!!ha ha ..orf to the flower show,..sorry to hear the snakes are back ,Lav..there must be a way..its finding it ..
                      Det great to see you buddy ,welcome home squire..have a nice weekend
                      Pauly welcome to the frift shop fanatics...Ilove em..

hiya sk ,hows you today then?

got to scoot..

Q) How do you stop moles from digging up your garden?

A) Hide their spades.

A man walks into a public men's room. His arms are held awkwardly out to his sides, forearms hanging limply, fingers spread apart. He approaches another man and asks,
                      "Excuse me, but could you please unzip my fly?"

The second fellow is embarrassed, but feels sorry for the stranger, who appears to be crippled. He thinks how humiliating it must be to have to ask for help for something
                      like this, so he complies, unzipping the first man's pants.

Next, the man asks him to hold his penis while he pees. The second guy is even more embarrassed, but does as he is asked.

Finally, the first guy finishes, and the second man starts to put his penis back in his pants.

"Oh, I can take care of that," the first man says, blowing on his fingers. "I think my nails are dry now."

A young clergyman, fresh out of seminary, thought it would help him better understand the fears and temptations his future congregations faced if he first took a job as a policeman for several months. He passed the physical examination; then came the oral exam to test his ability to act quickly and wisely in an emergency.

Among other questions he was asked, "What would you do to disperse a frenzied crowd?"

He thought for a moment and then said, "I would take up a collection."

In ancient Israel, it came to pass that a trader by the name of Abraham Com did take unto himself a young wife by the name of Dot. And Dot Com was a comely woman, broad of shoulder and long of leg. Indeed, she had been called Amazon Dot Com.

She said unto Abraham, her husband, "Why doth thou travel far from town to town with thy goods when thou can trade without ever leaving thy tent?"

And Abraham did look at her as though she were several saddle bags short of a camel load, but simply said, "How, dear?"

And Dot replied, "I will place drums in all the towns and drums in between to send messages saying what you have for sale and they will reply telling you which hath the best price. And the sale can be made on the drums and delivery made by Uriah's Pony Stable (UPS)."

Abraham thought long and decided he would let Dot have her way with the drums. The drums rang out and were an immediate success. Abraham sold all the goods he had at the top price, without ever moving from his tent.

But this success did arouse envy. A man named Mac Enron did secret himself inside Abraham's drum and was accused of insider trading. And the young men did take to Dot Com's trading as doth the greedy horse-fly take to camel dung. They were called Nomadic Ecclesiastical Rich Dominican Siderites, or NERDS for short.

And lo, the land was so feverish with joy at the new riches and the deafening sound of drums that no one noticed that the real riches were going to the drum maker, one Brother William of Gates, who bought up every drum company in the land. And indeed did insist on making drums that would work only with Brother Gates' drumheads and drumsticks.

And Dot did say, "Oh, Abraham, what we have started is being taken over by others."

And as Abraham looked out over the Bay of Ezekiel, or as it came to be known "eBay," he said, "We need a name that reflects what we are," and Dot replied, "Young Ambitious Hebrew Owner-Operators." "YAHOO," said Abraham.

And that is how it all began.

A policeman arrives at the scene of an accident, in which a car smashed into a tree. The officer rushes over to the vehicle and asks the driver, "Are you seriously hurt?"

"How do I know?" the driver responds. "I'm not a lawyer!"

Two sisters, one blonde and one brunette, inherit the family ranch. Unfortunately, after just a few years, they are in financial trouble. In order to keep the bank from repossessing the ranch, they need to purchase a bull so that they can breed their own stock. It is decided that the brunette will go looking for a bull to purchase while the blonde will stay home to run the ranch.

Upon leaving, the brunette tells her sister, "When I get there, if I decide to buy the bull, I'll contact you to drive out after me and haul it home".

The brunette arrives at a ranch, inspects the bull, and decides she wants to buy it. The man tells her that he will sell it for $599, no less.

After paying him, she drives to the nearest town to send her sister a telegram to tell her the news. She walks into the telegraph office, and says, "I want to send a telegram to my sister telling her that I've bought a bull for our ranch. I need her to hitch the trailer to our pickup truck and drive out here so we can haul it home".

The telegraph operator explains that he'll be glad to help her, then adds, "It's just 99 cents a word".

Well, after paying for the bull, the brunette only has $1 left. She realizes that she'll only be able to send her sister one word. After a few minutes of thinking, she nods and says, "I want you to send her the word "comfortable".

The operator shakes his head. "How is she ever going to know that you want her to hitch the trailer to your pickup truck and drive out here to haul that bull back to your ranch if you send her just the word "comfortable"?

The brunette explains, "My sister's blonde and the word is big. She'll read it very slowly ... com-for-da-bul.

Have you heard about the new morning after pill for men?

You take it the next morning and it changes your blood type.

An engineering student was walking across campus when another engineer rides up on a shiny new motorcycle.

"Where did you get such a great bike?" asked the first.

The second engineer replied,

"Well, I was walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want. "

The second engineer nodded approvingly, "Good choice; Her clothes probably wouldn't have fitted you."

n a small town in the US, there is a rather sizable factory that hires only married men. Concerned about this, a local woman called on the manager and asked him, "Why is it you limit your employees to married men? Is it because you think women are weak, dumb, cantankerous... or what?"

"Not at all, Ma'am," the manager replied. "It is because our employees are used to obeying orders, are accustomed to being shoved around, know how to keep their mouths shut and don't pout when I yell at them."

Comment

Mae everybody,Det,this isn't even hot,,you missed the 115's hubs buys fresh eggs from somewhere on the northwest side,kinda spendy tho I think $5 for a dozen or something like that,enjoy your day Mick I've been reading your words for so long I pretty much get what you're trying to say always haha,Lav,those snakes are yuck,can't believe it bit at YB off to get ready to go to the hellhole,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!

Comment

Peggie died this morning. She was my best friend. Took 4 hrs ffs.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Sorry for your loss SK. Losing a good friend is so hard.

Thinking about you and sending hugs.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

SK,what the heck happened to Peggy?!?! I thought she was ok,im so sorry

Comment

Good evening friends,

SK, I am so sorry for your loss.
                                I will be thinking of you & Peggy & wishing you both peace & comfort :hug:
                                Please take care of yourself.

Mick, I hope the flower show was nice today.

Det, whatever you do - don't hire a stylist that's going to make you look like something not you....if you know what I mean
                                There's much more to a great person than superficial looks. I suggest you look for a friend who likes garlic just as much as you do.
                                I have seen lots of snakes when camping or getting logs for a fire but they were the cute-ish looking little green ones. These snakes we are dealing with are black & 4-5 feet long or more I have had it with wildlife this summer. Foxes dug under the fence & killed 6 of my chickens too.

Pauly, I hope your work day wasn't too bad friend!

I hope everyone has a decent night.
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X